NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

crouch mate... which bookie did u place it with? if i was to set up an account right now could i place a bet or do i have to wait to be verified?
www.williamhill.com I haven't even verified my account yet. I set it up and deposited, started betting right away. Withdrawing might require verification but as far as backing goes you've got the green light. Be aware it is 80min market only, Rabbitohs win in golden time is a loss to you, hence the draw as a market selection.

ok sweet.. i just placed 20pts Souths +8.0 @1.90 u'll have to talk me through withdrawing if i struggle.. still not completely trusting of these sites
I've not withdrawn from them before so you're probably in the same boat as me. However Willhill are a big bookie in the UK and I'm sure there's no problems. In the UK they have IBAS which is kind of like a governing regulator and they'll sort out problems etc., so really you'll be fine :ok

wasnt Peter Cusack starting on the bench for Country?
Oh, hmm. I don't remember it but maybe he was after there was a withdrawl? As a Queenslander it's never a game I pay any attention to lol. Even if he did I'm sure it'll be a lot better than the virus the Brocnos have had.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) very true im thinkin about putting another 30pts on.. which will be half my total bank.. big risk tho i figure souths even without broncos virus are a good chance of covering the 8pts.. crouch, did u take souths at large stakes?

very true im thinkin about putting another 30pts on.. which will be half my total bank.. big risk tho i figure souths even without broncos virus are a good chance of covering the 8pts.. crouch' date=' did u take souths at large stakes?[/quote'] Probably a little larger than usual but that's just because the price looked pretty good. I certainly wouldn't ever consider using half your bank on anything though, unless it's easy to build a new one. Even when we are 100% we can lose so I'd make sure that you don't go in over your head so that you can have enough to take adavantage of future opportunities even if this one fails. That being said I'm still not the best, but I do feel that this is very important nonetheless.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I'm on the Bunnies with the 8 and for the win,I hope this news is correct,but according to all sources and trust me i've been talking to all my best contacts in Australia,the virus news is true and the Bunnies know.Also bookies have suspened betting,it might be back on now. I grabbed the Bunnies last night as soon as I heard.* points and $3 @ the h2h were just to good to pass up,especially after we all saw what happened to the Eels and Panthers last week.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) all games are suspended.. i initially thought it was because of the virus but wuldnt it more likely be because of injuries from city-country?? sportstab is accepting bets now, if thats any interest to anyone...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) ye i followed the link.. the information was posted by a member.. have no idea how he knows about Broncos training.. ive registered to the forum with the intention of asking him but it hasnt been verified yet. hope for everyone that the info is true and we have a profitable night

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Sorry mate,can't name sources,i'm sure you can understand. Nothing really stands out tonight,but if you want some excitement,heres some for you... Dragons vs Panthers No side can lose forever in the NRL and with the forwards comming back in for the Dragons i'm prepared to tip them here,they have been under performing for a while now and must correct the ship before the season is gone,and that could be very soon for the hapless Dragons. The Panthers after a fantastic effort against the Broncos to win in golden point,have lost their last 4 and don't look like breaking their funk anytime soon,Puleatua has once again been a major disappointment and Gower has been ineffective in matches,Gordon and Wesser have been the only Panthers looking any good at all at times. If Ryles was'nt playing I probaly would go with the Panthers as their forward power would stretch the young Dragons sidse,but with him in and Creagh they look a bit more solid and I think the young players in the backline have had long enough to come to terms with the hard nature of the NRL.The Dragons need to win and I expect them to,all sides in the NRL have talent and the Dragons and Panthers are no different. Getting onto the virus from last week,it takes the human body more than 1 and a half weeks to over come the affects of a major virus and that is what these players seem to of had last week,they looked shattered at half time and had no energy in the second half,the Panthers are also conceeding points like no bodys busieness as are the Dragons,but I would still rate the Dragons as the favs here,they are at a ground where historically the Dragons are very hard to beat and the Panthers don't have to much joy at Kograh,the ground will be packed with the dragons faithful all yelling for a Dragons win,I think they will give them one,1-12 looks good,but beware the bad Panthers,if the Dragons can get on a roll the scoreline could blow out,most places still have the Dragons at $1.87,i'd just take that. Broncos vs Souths Regardless of the Virus or not,the Broncos have been struggling all season,their effort against the Knights and Storm were vast improvements and they would be happy with their efforts,however lets take a closer look at those matches,The Storm match was always going to be a good one,but the mistakes in that match were a huge help to the Broncos to stay as close as they did,the Storm also did not play well once again and should of won by more than they did.The Knights effort was also a mistake riddled affair with the Knights at times gifting scoring chances to the Broncos,now it does'nt matter if you are the Broncos or the Raiders if the other side keeps gifting your side the ball in their own half bad things are going to happen and with that match,bad things did happen for the Knights. Speaking of mistakes let's look at the Bunnies,they are second in the league in defence and completion rates,their attack is solid as is their defence,they have good players in the side and experience to burn out there,they also have a coach that I rate as very,very good in Taylor.Taylor has done wonders with every side he has coached and is doing wonders with this side,they actually like him and are trying to perform better not just for him but also for themselves,The Bunnies play hard tough League and that game plan will work for any NRL side. Can the Broncos recover?? Well I said right at the start of pre season on Betshoot that the Broncos will struggle to back up this year,but I stll expect them to be in the finals,but they will need to improve a great deal to be a force again.Webcke was a massive loss,I doubt people actually knew how big a loss he really was,he was not just a forward leader,he was a Broncos leader,go and look at matches and Webcke led the charge even in losing battles,he was always willing to do the hard yards.Petro is great but Thorn and Carlaw have been major let downs in my opinion and against Asotasi,Cusak,Fa'Alongo,Sutton,Irvine and co they could struggle. The only thing going against the Bunnies here is the fact that they played on Sunday and played the Warriors,however the things in their favour are the fact that they lost that match in the dying seconds,they will feel upset and angry with themselves and I expect the Bunnies to really come out and lay it all on the line against the defending Champs,and that is the Broncos other worry,when you are the defending Champs your neck is on the line every week,sides turn up wanting to beat you as you are the Champs,now for a Souths side who I might add are the only side to back up Monday night with a win this added incentive of the virus maybe sweeping thorugh the Broncos could just spur them on here and although it's very hard to tip against the Broncos at Suncorp,If the Bunnies play to their potential they will win,all the stats point to the Bunnies but as usual no body wants to say that the worst side for the past few seasons are up to the task,I think they may well be tonight. Take the Bunnies with the start and put a bit on the h2h it's at $3 already so forget the margin. Good Luck to all with your selections. Bozz mate on the Warriors,Kimmorley is in doubt,but Stewart has challenged his side to hold their own this week,I think the Warriors could well run away from the Sharks and they have Anderson and Ropati back in the side,but from what i've seen from the Sharks to date,I think i'll be staying away from that one,want a bet for the match?? Mannering to score at anytime,he's at $3.75 and whenever the Warriors attack an opponents try line he is the major outside runner.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) If anyone is intrested the Force play the Blues in Perth after the NRL matches tonight,the Force are at 2.20 and have a 4 point start,if you are intrested back the Force.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) This weekend outside the NRL I'm looking @ Real Madrid @ 2.00 (Bet365... some places are a short as 1.7 so I got on this early) and Stuttgart-1.25 @ 1.85... These are my definates for the weekend and possibly options for my HT/FT Glory Hunter thread... Going all out on them ==>:wall

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I can't be bothered writing a whole thread on it but heres some BarterCard Cup possible investment. The Counties Manakau Jetz play the Canterbury Bulls tomorrow in Auckland,Counties have been losing but last week scored 28 points in a come back match,the Bulls were leading against the Lions before being run down and thrashed by the Lions. Now Counties get 5 of last years players back for today and that will improve them alot,The Bulls only have 4 players from last years squad and are rebuilding,they are a good side but the only outsiders bet I can find in the Barter Card is Counties,they are at an amasing $11 to win,put $10 on it,as this is a very real chance of being an upset. Try it out KiwiMike.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) 50pts Souths +8.0 @1.91 5pts Souths 1-12 @4.55 7pts Broncos 1-12 @3.15 0.3pts draw @26.00 Massive bet on souths, hoping the virus does come through for us.. i put the 1-12 bets on before i heard news of the virus.. as i originally thought it would be a close game jumbo, congrats on Golden State

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) hey all, just trying my best to read all this info! Don't know anything about a virus. here's my punts Bunnies 1-12 :small Bunnies outright: medium Bunnies line: banker cheers and good luck!