NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) off topic.. WillHill has Man utd -0.5 @1.75 on the most corners market.. againt man city who have clearly struggle to score goals this season.. man utd being the best attacking team in the league this looks value to me.. does anyone have a site which listed how many corners teams have had.. ?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Warriors were disappointing but thats footy. I think they missed McKinnon the most at fullback for those easy clean ups where it hurt the warriors the most 2nite. Onto Parra & Tigers who are killing it so far...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Bad night,lost some money and did'nt make back enough on the Tigers,Some where around 1.8,very bad. Good match by the Tigers though,have'nt seen the Roosters match,but heard the score,bummer.:(

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Last night was a disaster,but thankfully a couple of well placed bets last night,saved me from a major loss and has actually left me still in Profit,so i'm very,very pleased.I'll go through it for you all. 3k lost on Roosters :cry $40 lost on try scorers in Warriors match.:cry 1k on Tigers with the start = 1.96k:wall 100 on Tigers win = 280:wall :wall so,started the Weekend with a stake of 2.1k,got to 4.6 after Friday,then lost 3k so 1.6k lost another 60 so 1.54k,won on Tigers 2.04k plus the 400 left over 2.44k,so a small profit of 330,not to good,but thankfully I used the 330 and placed these bets last night 150 on Hull KR to beat Hull @ 3.75 = 455 :) and Fulham to beat Liverpool 150 at 2.80 = 420 :) and 30 on a multi of Fulham,Hull KR and Man United handi cap draw,return was 858.:) So we survived a crap NRL night and managed to come out alright,so anyway heres where we stand at present on the weekend,I only used my NRL money as I was pissed off with myself for taking the Roosters and thought it's either a loss or not,so I used my profit from Friday to fund the bets and kept my original stake,but it worked out well,so heres where we stand.. Hull KR = 455 Fulham = 420 Multi:Fulham,Hull KR,Man United Handi cap draw = 858 So even with the loss on the Roosters some well placed bets have seen us stay above the stake and profit is still active at 2.1k staked on the Weekend to start,we now sit at 3.85k and have 1.75 profit,so we are still ok,but still very disappointed with the Loss on the Roosters,anyway onto today... Raiders vs Manly Intresting match here with Manly losing last week(could of done without that result)to the Cowboys and the Raiders thrashing the Panthers. I think the Raiders will be buoyed by their win last week,virus hit Panthers or not,the Raiders won on the road which is big for this young Raiders side,they play very much the same game as the Sharks with hard defence and fast ruck play when on attack. Manly may well turn up here today with a view to getting back on track today and you'd fancy them to do it,but I have my doubts,the Cowboys exposed some major problems in the Eagles defence and their mentallity as chasers in games,when the Eagles were down by a bit the old Eagles turned up again,with thier niggle play,they gave away needless penalties and looked very average. The Raiders have been very good at home this term only losing to the Storm in a very good effort,The Raiders should give a good account of themselves here today and i'm going to stick with them as this young side plays more on confidence than anything else and if they can get a lead,I think they will be very hard to catch up to,so heres where i'm heading... 500 on Raiders + 6.5 @ 1.96 100 on Raiders @ 2.85 Bulldogs vs Knights I don't know what to expect from this match,I have not really figured either of these sides out,I still do not like the Dogs and don't really like the Knights either,these two sides are the most inconsistent sides in the NRL,the Roosters are consistently bad,whereas these two are fantastic,shocking and brilliant all in the same game!!! Give some credit to the Knights for last weeks effort as,they rerally should of lost with the amount of chances the Sharks had but the Sharks were'nt up to the challenge whaeras the Knightas made hay out of their chances and they bdid'nt actually have that many of them,but the Knights made all 4 chances they had count and won the match. The Dogs loss last week was really bad and they gifted that match to the Tigers with poor handling and errors in bad places,they looked awful for the majority of their match,but as usual when the Dogs look at their worst they normally turn up ready to play and I think they may just show up today. In the first match between these two,Jhons was hurt,Williams was sent,the Dogs raced away and the Knights caught them at the death and won.So what can we expect from todays match then?? I've got no idea,but i'm leaning towards the Dogs to bounce back here,some of their forwards really need to stand up especially Mason and O'Meley,they are at home and should be given the benefit of the doubt. I think the Dogs will pay the Knights back for their round one loss,but 13+ could be a strech as the Knights don't just fade away,Buderus and Gidley keep trying for the full 80 so i'll go with this,it's only small and only one as I really have doubts on this match.. 100 on Bulldogs 1-12 @ 3.35 We are still at 900 in profit afetr these bets and a small profit is better than none at all,so fingers crossed for today. Sorry for not hinting at Hull KR and Fulham but they were pretty easy picks really if you looked at the matches and got some major luck with the Handi cap draw on Man United as Van der Sar saved a penalty that could of sunk the Multi for me. But regardless onto todays matches,we are actually not that bad of the matches we have actually looked at we got the Dragons,Souths with the start and the Tigers our only loss was the Roosters,which most of you seem to of kept away from anyway,only I was foolish enough to follow that one.So we sit at 3 correct and 1 wrong on the weekend,lets hope we can get to 5 correct and 1 wrong after today. Good Luck to all with whatever you choose.:hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I'm off to watch the boxing at my club in Glen Eden and if anyone is keen,i'm on De La Hoya to win by decision here,the Fight should go the distance and in my humble opinion Oscar is the superior fighter,he has proved himself time and time again and I think he will prove it again today,they have De La Hoya at 2.70 in most places and to win by decision he's at 4-5 at all bookies,I've taken him to win and to win by decision,if your keen have a look. I'm off now to have a bbq and a few beers before Oscar"Golden Boy"De La Hoya hoipefully wipes the floor with Floyd"Soon to be unpretty boy"Mayweather.:cheers

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) One last off topic thing here,I think the Jazz may well beat the Rockets in the NBA today,the Jazz are at $3 at all bookmakers,but the Jazz have consistently been the better all around side in this series and I think they may just go through today,It's not slid but well worth a shot at $3,i've put 100 of my fun money on them,if anyones intrested.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) im new to handicap betting on soccer.. Last night i took Man Utd -1 @2.50 i assumed this meant if man utd won by 1 then i would get my money back and a victory by more would mean i won the bet.. but i lost :(

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Today I'm on the opposite to you Jumbo, the Knights to me (bias!!) haven't been that inconsisten except for the Canberra game. They have been competitive in most games and Smith has them drilled a lot better than Hagan ever did. I'm going to be taking the Knights with +9.5 @ $2, that is just good value if you ask me. Fo the Manly/Canberra game I just really don't like putting money on the Raiders, if you want to talk about inconsistent then this team takes the cake. Manly have been solid this season and have given me no reason to look away, so I'm going to take the Manly boys minus the start. Good luck everyone! (Except those betting against the Knights! :@) :tongue2

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) D3Z - I'm guessing you backed Man U -1 at Centrebet. Centrebet includes handicap draw, so effectively you backed Man U -1.5, which lost. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that's what happened. Today I am on the Raiders +7.5. Raiders have been quite good at home this year and I expect them to compete today. As for the Dogs game, I really hate the Dogs this year. Haven't bet on them too often but if I had of bet my fancy in all their games I'd be a massive loser this year. Will probably take total match points 41-50 as I think this will play but that'll be it.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I've come home to watch the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight as a bloody fight broke out at the Boxing club,Bloody coconuts,two start mucking around and then it's serious,they bloody wrecked the bbq and when I laft they were all bloody arguing with each other,dickheads. I brought satellite TV a couple of months ago,mainly for the Football in Europe,but it's comming in habdy today as now i'm home i'm watching the Jazz leading the Rockets by 12 midway through the 2nd quarter and for some reason the boxing still is'nt on yet?? I hope it's just a transmission failure or something. Anyway,Dingotech well played by you in backing the Knights,the start is massive and you look to of chosen well,I only took the Dogs 1-12 because they were at home,but I do not think the Knights are'nt worthy of following,I just have no idea on which way that match will go. Way off subject here,but is'nt it good to see a rich up themselves idiot like Paris "I'm rich so leave me alone" Hilton off to jail and in tears,I know she'll get some rich pounce prison but I know that to begin with she'll be thrown in with everyone else,Great news there,I have'nt laughed so much in ages.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Jazz up by 8 heading into the 4th,Rockets may well get this game. At last De La Hoya is on his way,i'm outta here,c'mon the Golden Boy,waste that uppity negro!! In case your wondering,no i'm not rascist and no i'm not white either.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Mayweather enters the ring with Fiddy cent rapping all the way in and he's in Green,White and Red,is he making fun of Mexicans or trying to gain new fans,It won't work,Here he comes,come on Oscar.....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Mayweather and De La Hoya are eyeing each other up in the centre of the ring,I'll give you guys a round by round update as the bout continuies. Michael Buffers sez the words"Lets Get Ready To Rumble" Here we go lads,c'mon Oscar.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Good Round for Oscar,he landed a few good ones and Flotd looked rattled,intresting. De la Hoya 10 - 9 Mayweather,looks like a very good fight. Jazz are losing to the Rockets,bummer.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Oscars wasting him,Mayweather is looking really uncomfatable in the ring and looks like he might want to be somewhere else. Rd 3 go's to Oscar 10 - 9 Jazz have tied it up with 5 left in the fourth...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 4 finished and Qscar is all over him,Mayweather is looking very u7ncomfatable. Rd 4 to Oscar 10-9. Oscars looking very strong. Jazz lead by 1 with 4 mins left in the 4thy...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 6,Now Mayweather is looking good and Oscar is looking ragged,some good blows in that round but De La Hoya responds and may of stolen that round. 10 - 9 to De La Hoya Jazz up by 4 with 50 secs left....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 7: the fight is living up to the hype,fantastic fight,both fighters trying their best,but I think De La Hoya won that round,in fact i'm sure of it. 10-9 to De La Hoya Jazz by 4 with 19secs left....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 8: Both fighters are going well,but I think that Mayweather really needs to try more,at the moment Oscar is mpounding his body and loving it,great round there.10 - 9 to De La Hoya Jazz up by 4 with 1.2 secfonds left...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 9: Mayweather is trying to respond here,but Oscar is more than up to the challenge,3 rounds left,what a battle,Rd 9 go's to the crowd who are chanting "OSCAR,OSCAR they can sense it,I can to,Mayweather is at least 3 rounds behind in points, 10 - 10 even,Mayweather is acting like he'as ok,I doubt it.. Jazz hgang on and win by 4,YEE-HAAA!!!!!!