NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

Thursday 3 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
City v Country (10:30 BST)1.96 1.96103% Related markets...Match Result- - -Half-time/Full-timeFirst Scoring Play
Friday 4 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Brisbane Broncos v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:30 BST)1.51 2.40108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
St G-Illawarra Dragons v Penrith Panthers (10:30 BST)1.71 2.12106% Related markets...Match Result
Saturday 5 May 2007
NZ Warriors v Cronulla Sharks (08:30 BST)1.31 2.34120% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Parramatta Eels v Sydney Roosters (10:30 BST)1.58 2.04113% Related markets...Match Result
Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm (10:30 BST)2.24 1.43115% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Sunday 6 May 2007
Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles (05:00 BST)2.08 1.54114% Related markets...Match Result
Canterbury Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights (06:00 BST)1.45 2.34112% Related markets...Match Result
Monday 7 May 2007
Gold Coast Titans v North Qld Cowboys (10:00 BST)2.08 1.55113% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

Club

P

W

D

L

B

F

A

%

PTS

Storm

Sea Eagles

Cowboys

Warriors

Rabbitohs

Titans

Knights

Sharks

Wests Tigers

Bulldogs

Eels

Raiders

Broncos

Panthers

Dragons

Roosters

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Thanks Ads25 for setting us up bro,awesome.:ok Hello to all,hopefully we can make some money and have a good weekend this week. A couple of results from last weekend kind of stuffed us up for this weekend,I genraly work one week in advance to maximise my chances of winning,alot of teams in all leagues have an eye to next weekend and will identify matches they thinki they can win and target those matches,a couple of results from last week upset the apple cart. The Sea Eagles losing has had an affect on this week,the loss will strengthen Manlys resolve to try and win this week against the Raiders,if Manly would of won against the Cowboys I would of backed the Raiders this weekend but as Manly lost it means look a little harder at this match,the Raiders flogged the Panthers but a virus had alot to do with that result and the Panthers were'nt at 100%,so we will have to look at that match between the Raiders and Eagles closer to make a profit. The Titans also had an easy win against a virus hit Eels,it may be a good idea to check on these sides who were struck by the virus as there is a chance that the affects of the virus maty still be lingering around. At the moment nothing really screams value,although the Warriors should beat the Sharks at home with all the Sharks playing in the City/Country on Friday,but the loss for the Sharks last weekend was another result we could of done with out for this weekend,a Sharks win was what we needed,now that match is in limbo,but the fact of the Sharks playing MNF and City/Country does make you lean towards the Warriors,by alot. I;m also keen on the Roosters to beat the Eels and I think the Tigers are a very real chance against the Storm,but we will see what conspires over the next couple of days. See you all then.:gimme

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Jumbo, even with the virus last week, surely Penrith should be looked at to roll St George, given how woeful they are at the moment (it hurts to have to write that)? Haven't seen the team sheets so perhaps the starting prices are based on some player returns for the dragons.

Young and Ryles are back' date=' I think Dragons are due a performance personally but will obviously have to assess later in the week.[/quote'] Thanks for the info, and you're 100% about the performance delay.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Young is at pivot btw. Interesting move but he's got some good skills. He had an ACL injury I think so keeping him out of the forwards and reducing his phsyical workload could be a smart idea. I'm sure he'll be back in the forwards once Matty Head has regained some form.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Jumbo you know if Vatuvei is injured for sharks game coz he limped off in the rabbitohs game ? Not so sure if i should take warriors -8 now or wait till weekend.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Eels vs Roosters I know it's early but i've just dropped 1k on the Roosters to win and 2k on them to cover the 4points on offer,heres why.... The Eels were struck with the same virus as the Panthers,but unlike the Panthers the Eels played on Sunday in the heat of Brisbane and looked shattered at the end of the match,Smith was throwing up on the field and the rest of the players just looked drained.Parra have thron matches away and look brilliant at times but not for the whole 80 mins. The Roosters finally got a win,it was bound to happen with the side they have and in reality it should of been by more,a win is a win though and the Roosters will want to back that win up with another one here to gain momentum,I'm of the opinion that they will win here. Both these sides have a number of players backing up from the City/Country match on Thursday,however the Eels have played last Sunday while the Roosters have'nt played since last Wedesday,I think the affects of the heat and the virus will still be around the Eels and the Roosters after finally getting on the board will know that if they canrun the Eels around in the first half it could well be all over in the second.The Roosters are not a bad team,but Andersons game plan is different to the one they have been used to,but there were signs last week to suggest that they are not to far away from getting it correct,I'm on the Roosters with the 4 as the main bet and on the h2h as a smaller bet. What do you guys think???:eyes

Jumbo you know if Vatuvei is injured for sharks game coz he limped off in the rabbitohs game ? Not so sure if i should take warriors -8 now or wait till weekend.
I'll let you know on Friday Bozz,I know that Patrick Ah Van is in at fullback and Ropati has'nt been called in but Cleary will anounce what his plans are on Friday,we really could of done with the Sharks winning against the Knights as then this match would'nt of been so important to the Sharks,but the Warriors are one of the hardest hitting sides in the comp and I would expect with the players backing up from the City/Coutry match that the Warriors will run away with this match in the second halfBut i'll let you know on Friday what the go is in my opinion. Another game this weekend that is well worth watching out for ys the Bunnies/Broncos match,the Bunnies lost in a heartbreker but don't have much back up time playing on Friday and look through the stats for the last two years and the number of sides to back up well after playing the Warriors is not good.The Warriors really smash sides and hurt them,most sides do not back up well,it might be the first weekend this year I'll back the Broncos to win big,but we'll see.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Good call on the Roosters/Eels game. I watched parra against titans game and they looked dreadfull. Just on the virus, only a handfull of players had the flu during the game against titans, so you can imagine that the virus has passed through the entire team. And i read in the local paper Tim Smith had lost 4kgs just goes to show how serious the virus is. Also news that Tahu & Fui Fui are injured for the eels.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I'm looking at a treble of the Warriors, Bulldogs, and Cowboys. Warriors will be on a bit of a high after their win over Souths and back at home they are very powerful. I think the Bulldogs at home will catch the Knights in a bit of a slump after their good win last weekend. Sometimes teams have a good game followed by a loss or vice versa. Bulldogs at home will be looking to get their season back on track. Cowboys will face a team that had an easy win over sickness-struck Parra and will bring them back to reality.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Hey boys, I have not been posting for a while as i have been playing poker tourny's so my main priority has been thinking 24/7 poker and this week i will be looking foward to putting all my focus towards sports punting this week. Jumbo bro, thats a gutsy call cuz! What if Braith breaks his leg on thursday night? Or Wing and Fitzgibbon get injured? And chuck Minichello and Amos Roberts in the mix that makes 5 of the roosters best players all to play 2 games in 2 days and thats only if they are all passed fit to play. Also i think braith will be out to grab that no.6 jumper for the blues so he will play out of his skin on thursday, making him very tired for the roosters game. Bro i hope i am wrong for your sake and they all get through A ok for saturdays clash :ok BRONCOS vs RABBITOHS In the first televised game on channel 9 this friday night we have the struggling Brisbane Broncos up agaisnt the new and improved South Sydney Rabbitohs. Boy oh boy, only 1 word comes to mind when i think about Souths last start loss to the NZ Warriors. UNLUCKY. Not to take anything away from the warriors but souths somehow lost it and i think it will inspire them to realy dig in this weekend. Meanwhile Brisbane were held to a 10 point loss to the very impressive Melbourne Storm in there last start. To me brisbane could have won that game as they put in a massive effort and i just think it will be hard for them to get back to that same emotional level that they were agaisnt the storm this week and Souths fowards to muscle up agaisnt this broncos pack. MY TIP: SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS +7.5 @ 1.90 DRAGONS vs PANTHERS In the second game we have the out of from Dragons up agaisnt the also out of form Panthers. The panthers were awfull last start and as warren smith put it on foxsports " They commited rugby league suicide". They just played realy dumb footy and it has shown with the new look line up this weekend. Meanwhile the Dragons were very poor agaisnt the roosters last week and i just think that they couldn't have meet the east side boys at a worse time. Many people will say that meeting a side coming last is a good thing but in the roosters case it wasn't because they all new this game was now or never time and i think the same will be said for this match with the dragons as they are now in the same boat. Also with Dean Young returning the dragons should get some much needed mongrel in defence. And i think the value of a good defensive 5/8 can be shown in the Manly/Nth Qld game last week. Manly had won all season without some big name attacking weapons but there first game without defensive powerhouse Travis Burns they lose. MY TIP: ST.GEORGE DRAGONS hd2hd @ 1.80 GL ALL THIS WEEKEND AND LETS FIND SOME WINNERS :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) off topic.. for whoever watches Big Brother Australia.. Kate to be evicted @1.15 seems an absolute banker to me... most annoying person ever in the house.. the other housemates up for eviction are Jamie(geeky guy who i think will pull sympathy votes) and Bodie(young guy who i think alot of girls will vote for).. both havent done much wrong by any housemates.. but pretty much everyone dislikes Kate and im sure the public will feel the same way.. the question is.. do i put 1k on?(my full staking bank) or add the bet as a double to everyone of my other bets for the weekend..? any opinions Liking the look of Souths 1-12 and Brisbane 1-12 .. just realised you cant add Big Brother bets as multi's :(

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) 1.15 is awfully short for a television show where the public decides. Remember that annoying chick a couple of seasons ago (the year the twin Greg one) - she was $101 to win and at one stage shot into favouritism. PS - I don't watch Big Brother!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) 9pts City 1-12 @3.60 9pts Country 1-12 @3.50 0.8pts draw @23.00 Should be a close game with players on both sides fighting for Origin places. 5/5 most recent games between 2002-06 have ended 1-12.. . so it should be a tough match 7pts Broncos 1-12 3.15 5pts Souths 1-12 @4.55 0.4 pts draw @23.00

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I'm on the Country boys tonight in a close match, Country 1-12. The Country team looks to have more inform players than the city side, the outside backs have speed to burn and their halves are in form. The most important positions in a team are the fullback, halves and hooker, take a look at the Country guys B.Stewart, K.Gidley, B.Kimmorley and Danny Buderus. The only guy on the City team in those positions that is in form is their hooker R.Farah. Good luck all.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I ain't gonna harp on to much here,but I agree with everything that Dingotech and D3Z1R3 have said,Coutry looks to hold the edge in all the impotant positions and their bench is also very good,so like the others i'm on the Country boys as well in a tight one,Country 1-12. Good Luck guys and Good luck to everyone else having a crack. BIG BROTHER!!!!!!:eek You guys watch that shite!!!:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall I hope they all get voted out,the house mates get accused of being Rascist ******s,all the guys get VD and all the girls get sore mouths from sucking to much unwashed c#@k,i can't believe you guys watch that shite. Although i'm a huge Home and Away fan,it's on at 5.30pm every week night here in NZ,oh it's 5.25 and almost on,i've got to go.:lol

Jumbo' date=' even with the virus last week, surely Penrith should be looked at to roll St George, given how woeful they are at the moment (it hurts to have to write that)? Haven't seen the team sheets so perhaps the starting prices are based on some player returns for the dragons.[/quote'] Hi mate, I'm along the same lines as Crouch here mate and have already tipped the Dragon by 1-12 on Betshoot,the NRL is full of some very hard individuals,no team can win forever and no side can lose forever,I like the Dragons to get back on track this week,but I also expect the Panthers to score a few in the final 10 to bring the margin back in,sweet Bro?:dude

Hi mate, I'm along the same lines as Crouch here mate and have already tipped the Dragon by 1-12 on Betshoot,the NRL is full of some very hard individuals,no team can win forever and no side can lose forever,I like the Dragons to get back on track this week,but I also expect the Panthers to score a few in the final 10 to bring the margin back in,sweet Bro?:dude
I should wash my mouth out for having such little faith in my own team. Appreciate the pep talk and will re-assess after tonight's game and any injury reports.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Calling Crouch potato,Calling Crouch Potato... As your a Broncos supporter,you might of heard something... Bro,i'm hearing that 10 Broncos did'nt turn up for practise yesterday and the same virus that struck the Eels and Panthers last week is sweeping through the Broncos,True Story Bro or False?

Calling Crouch potato,Calling Crouch Potato... As your a Broncos supporter,you might of heard something... Bro,i'm hearing that 10 Broncos did'nt turn up for practise yesterday and the same virus that struck the Eels and Panthers last week is sweeping through the Broncos,True Story Bro or False?
I've heard nothing of it, but I can't say for certain. I'll ask around.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Like SydCitykid I've been playing a lot of poker lately so haven't been too up to date but from what I've asked around I've heard that Carlaw has lost 4kgs this week. I'll try and keep a more open ear out among the Broncos fanbase for more information.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Hi Guys I found some info on the Broncos v Rabbits game

Brisbane trained today without 10 front-line players - either injured or victims of a virus. Sam Thaiday, Brad Thorn and prop Dane Carlaw - who has dropped four kilograms were amongst those struck down with the illness. Tonie Carroll, hoping to return from a knee injury this weekend, Brent Tate (hip), David Stagg (ankle), Justin Hodges (knee), Shane Perry (toe), Corey Parker (wrist) and Ben Hannant (ribs) did other forms of training. This was taken from http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?p=462088 check here for any updates. Looks like Rabbitohs +7.5 is a good bet.