** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) As already posted I've had a bit of a go at Souths. Beyond that I'll just be sticking with the HT margin bets for a bit of fun, but also because it's a market I seem to have a big of success on: Bris HT 1-6 @ 5.50 Panthers v Dragons HT Draw @ 10.00 Gl all!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) There has been a good go for the Bronco's on Sportstab, they are in to a $1.80 with the -7.5 Vs Souths @ $2.00 with +7.5. Either somebody knows something we don't or they don't know anything about any virus. Either way I'm willing to take souths with +7.5 for $2 for all the reasons already mentioned. In the other game it's a really hard one to pick, Penrith were terrible in the last game they played and Gower is backing up from last night so I'm going to be going for the Dragons, but mainly as an excitment bet. In order to make it more exciting I'm on the Dragons 1-12. Good luck guys! :hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I have taken the bunnies 2nite... for all reasons stated above... I am being very lazy 2day... 3units Bunnies+7.5 @ 1.93 1unit Bunnies @ 3 ... and there we go short and sweet... I am also likely to place something on dragons... ... I'm thinking... 1unit Dragons/penrith under 42.5 @ 1.9 2units Dragons @ 1.92 (Will become bold when decision has been made and bet places :tongue2)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Go BUNNIES... 8-4 Kick 2 come 4 bunnies... they can win it w a minute and a half...:lol :lol... I dont care as long as they beat the spread...:lol What a finish OMG... I tell you what some of these games are unbelievable... Great stuff in the last 10min... :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) The Broncos need to thank the Warriors for smashing the Bunnies last week,very good game. Dragons got the dough,have'nt seen the match yet. But a good start to the weekend,at least it was'nt a loss anyway. 500 h2h Souths = lost 2k +8.0 @ 1.90 = 3.8k 100 Dragons 1-12 @ 3.10 = 310 Stake:2.6 Return minus stake:2.1 All up:4.7 Well done to all,lets hope for a better weekend than last. Good stuff.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

As already posted I've had a bit of a go at Souths. Beyond that I'll just be sticking with the HT margin bets for a bit of fun, but also because it's a market I seem to have a big of success on: Bris HT 1-6 @ 5.50 Panthers v Dragons HT Draw @ 10.00 Gl all!
Yoy unlucky bugger,you had the games the wrong way around. Mate who would of picked a nil all scoreline at the half. I checked it out and a nil all draw at half time is worth 750-1!!!:rollin Anyone get it!!!!:rollin

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Well a good start last night,lets look at the investment register for today... Warriors vs Sharks. It very hard to go against the Warriors here and it's more than likely they will cover the 8 or 10 on offer for them,they have been very strong at home and have not lost here since last year,there last game at home was a 20 point flogging of the Cowboys. The Sharks have been playing fantastic defence but tonight may just be in trouble,Kimmorley is in doubt and most likely will not play,Thompson,Gallen,Bird,Pommeroy are all backing up after Thursday City/Country,however I rate the Sharks as an outside chance here but outside is the main word,the Warriors will smash the life out of the Sharks,that will be the game plan and run away in the second half,I think. While the Warriors to cover looks the best bet,i'm not on it,I don't trust the Sharks to implode,they have been fantastic all season in defence and may just want to prove a point here tonight. Instead i'm going to have some fun here and take a couple of fun bets and here they are.. $10 on Steve Price to score a try @ $5 $10 on Ruben Wiki to score a try @ $5 Eels vs Roosters I've already said which way i'm going here and I can't be bothered writing all the same shite again,insted heres the bets.. 1k on Roosters @ 2.50 2k on Roosters + 4.5 @ 1.95 Wests Tigers vs Storm Now this match is truly intresting,Wests have won their last two and stayed close in all their matches,including in Melbourne in the first round,where the Tigers looked odds on to win,only to fall short at the death. The Tigers beat the Dogs last weekend and although the Dogs really gifted that match to the Tigers,we should not ignore the fact that the Tigers have been one of the most consistent sides all year,they have little to no size in the forwards and yet they compete,the spirit in this side has not gone away all season and the team have surely bonded now as a solid unit. The Storm while undefeated have been riding their luck,alot.The win last week against the Broncos which could of been more in the end,was not a true reflection of the actual match.The Broncos made two errors to gift the Storm to trys and one of them just plain was'nt.The Storm though show a massive amount of confidence and never really feel out of a match and you can see it,with the likes of King,Smith,Cronk and Hoffman though it's not hard to see why. While I think that Melbourne are the best side i the Comp,they will lose a match or two but probaly not at home,but on the road is a different thing altogether.The Tigers have won two of the last 3 against the Storm at home,the onlt thing damaging their chances is that this match is at Blue Tounge not Campell Town or Leichart(both spelt wrong,sorry) But thing s working in the Tigers favour are,they have won their last two and the Storm have Hoffman,White,King and Quinn all backing up from City/Country,Quinn and Hoffman are impotant as they are two of the Storms major runners,if the Tigers single them out for some special attention then they could well be in the money. I think the Storm are going to lose eventually,the real question is when? The Storm have had some tough matches in recent weeks and now may show up here being a little lethargic,unlike the other sides the Storm have played and won,the Tigers have been good with their errors and have shown real commitment in their wins and losses,also the close match in Round 1 at Olympic Park may just spur the Tigers on here,so.... 100 on Tigers @ 2.65 1k on Tigers +6.5 @ 1.96 Stake for today:4.120 Total return for season to date:39.95k Started from original stake:10k Profit:29.95k I'll start to put these up,as people seem to want to see what i'm betting on,I should of done it since the beginning of the season so people could of followed,but i'll do it from now on. Good Luck to all with your selections,lets hope for more of the same tonight.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Jumbo did you have anything on force? I had some bucks on them & st george. Good to see st george get up but it wasnt a convincing win with 2 suspicious tries. I might go your tip with Mannering to score anytime @ 3.25.

Jumbo did you have anything on force? I had some bucks on them & st george. Good to see st george get up but it wasnt a convincing win with 2 suspicious tries. I might go your tip with Mannering to score anytime @ 3.25.
Yep,I had 100 on them,what a disaster that was,sorry about that bro. My NRL money is differnet to my fun money,my fun money is for the NBA,EPL,Serie A,La Liga,etc,etc.. My fun money since November last year is sitting at 45k,mainly due to some good fortune on the MLB finals last year and some very lucky NBA bets on the Magic,Raptors and Wizards from easrlier in the season.I don't bet to heavily with that money,but seem to make small gains every week combined with small losses,but I'm still well up,so can't complain really. Mannering has been pushed to the centres and his price has dropped to score a try,I put 20 on him on Thursday at 3.75 as he was listed in the second row,now he has been pushed out to the centres he has come right into 2.10. Don't discount Price or Wiki,Price has scored in all but 3 matches in his last 10 at home and Wiki while yet to score this term at home has also scored 7 trys in 13 matches and as props they are both paying $5 which is great value.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I'm just going to mention that my selections are my own and if you think I am way off the mark,then tip against it,It's all about doing your own look and seeing what YOU think is the go. I do not have a 100% strike rate and do not rate myself as a fantastic tipper,if I was i'd be at 100% and I can assure you all I am not. While I have confidence in my oiwn selections,do not take them as gospel. I'm sure alot of you don't anyway,but I was just putting that out there,as I hate to feel pressure on myself for tips and really don't like hearing that people are betting on something just because I said. Anyway good luck to all for tonight.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) To anyone who may of been intrested the BarterCard Cup match between the Bulls and Jetz has just hit half time with the Bulls leading 16 - 12.There are no live scores avalible for this comp,but I have someone at the match and will post the full time score in 40 mins. The Bulls scored two quick trys to take a 12 - 0 lead before the Jetz scored two of their own to take a 12 - 10 lead before the Bulls scored another try with 5 to go before the half,it was unconverted. The Jetz according to reports look to be the better of the two sides and have twice dropped the ball with the line open. I will post the ful time score in 40.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Bad news,the Bulls are leading the Jetz by 12 at 34 - 22 with 3 mins to go. The Jetz dropped the ball again 4 times with the line wide open and mistakes in the final 10 mins have seen the Bulls score two very soft trys. Unlucky,it was worth a shot at $11 but no luck today,sorry to any who may of followed but regardless it was worth a crack.

hey all, just trying my best to read all this info! Don't know anything about a virus. here's my punts Bunnies 1-12 :small Bunnies outright: medium Bunnies line: banker cheers and good luck!
Man, I was hoping for that last-secpnd try!!! The bunnies (and me) lost that way last weekend; no luck :) Well, the line came through, so no loss. just an exciting game. Cheers all

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Just a quick update here on the Sharks/Warriors match,the odds are falling fast and I would urge anyone keen on the Warriors with the start had better get in quick,the Sharks have still not named their first or second team for tonight and it is now 4.30pm,3 hours untill kickoff. Kimmorley is out and Thompson,Gallen and Bird are all now doubtful,I would expect them to play but it is not looking good for the Sharks at all,Stewart has hinted that this game may just be gone and has also said he may use his premier side players to back up and cover in the main game. Just updating on the match and prospects.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Cheers for the update Jumbo. Gotta say last night sucked but I learnt something about not playing the cap when I should. Hoping to picl things up today and I have to say I really like the Tigers. However I'll probably just play them with the start with maybe a small bet on them to win or something. So far I've taken Warriors to win by 36-40 @ 26.00 for a bit of speculative fun, but looking at the available lines now.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) was goin to look at 1-12 for both wests melbourne and roosters eels but no time.. have work in 15 minutes so goin with Jumbo's tips.. 8pts Roosters +4 4pts Wests +6.5 good luck boys

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) My bets for this evening consist of the following - Warriors 13+ Roosters +5.5 Tigers +7.5 Hopefully the Sharks bad away form will continue, the injuries are certainly helping the Warriors cause. The Roosters are starting to play some decent football whilst the Eels have been on a downward slide, I hope they are enjoying being coached by Hagan, the useless twit. The Tigers looked like world beaters last week, they may not be able to pulloff a great gameplan like last week but they certainly know how to keep a game close so the 7.5 start was very tempting. Good luck guys :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Boy's this bloody Stewart is playing games here,the last report came straight from Stewart's mouth,BUT I have just been informed by someone very much in the know that Kimmorley,Thompson,Gallen and Bird are all LIKELY starters. I really don't think it will matter,but we should try our best to keep up to date.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I think taking the Tigers at +7.5 will be a sure bet due to the fact that most of the tigers games have gone down to the wire loosing by 1 or 2 points, besides the Tigers-Manly game where they lost 8 - 19. They are surely no easy beats. The tigers were pretty unlucky to loose against Melbourne, Eels and the Cowboys. Now this is the perfect opportunity for the Tigers revenge against Melb. And like Jumbo likes to say, take the Tigers HdtoHd for an excitement bet.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Warriors -14.5 @ 2.10 Cronulla have played well lately but they are up against a big forward pack and especially, a fresh one. Cronulla played on Monday night and many teams have problem backing up after playing then but they also had 5 players play on Thursday night. It was going to be a very tough game for Cronulla as it is, but then to play 3 games in such a short time frame could see some very tired legs in the second half leading to some easy points for the Warriors.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Ok,comfirmred here,Kimmorley is OUT,Kingston and Douglas are the halves,Dykes is listed as starting from the bench??? Gallen,Bird and Thompson will all start from either the bench or the run on side.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Melbourne -8.5 @ 2.10 Wests are coming into form but they face probably the best team in the competition in the Melbourne Storm. The Storm are offensively and defensively a better team but is their completion rate that is a concern and often keeps weaker teams in the game. It is has been coming for a few weeks but i think it may be time for the Storm to pay one team a lesson and it could be the Tigers who bear the brunt of this. The Storm have a very good head to head record with the Tigers and i think it will continue here. Just a note for those who like to pick tryscorers in the game: Slater has scored 9 tries in 7 matches vs the Tigers

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Parramatta -6.5 @ 2.15 Parramatta were playing well up until the virus hit their team last weekend and they got smashed. The Roosters were ordianry but lifted last week to beat a pretty poor side in St. George. Now the Eels return home and recovered from their illnesses, and somewhat embarassed by that scoreline, look to them to beat the Roosters who have 5 players backing up from Thursday night's game. Also the Eels average more than 7 points a game then the Roosters which should be enough to see us get the win.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Ok, for major plays I have gone for Warriors -10.5 @ 1.80 and Tigers +7.5 @ 1.90. For bets that are still value but more of a side market type I've taken the advice of Jumbo and taken Mannering to score @ $3.25. With Warriors expected to score a number of tries this looks a really good bet, particularly when you consider Jumbo's point about Mannering being a wide runner. Will have a look at the other game a bit later.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I was a bit worried about this happening to the Warriors and i'm glad I stayed away from it.Mannering no try or Price and Wiki,damm!! Unlucky fellas,good luck with the rest of the night.:hope