AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Yeah, would have been well shitty if that had lost...bad kicking and what, 8 posters!! :eek Still, ya gotta love those 'handy points' :lol Taken for the rest of the round... Collingwood +17.5 WC -21.5 and maybe my favourite bet of the year so far...Geelong -11.5 Make no mistake, Richmond are every bit as bad as they seem! 5 smallish losses, but all have been by 16 or more. Dropped Tivendale, who I think has been one of their better players...Gaspar, who sucks, but still is a big body against a big Geelong forward line. Geelong? Yep, beaten the two bottom teams...gunna make it the bottom 3 now! :D Last 2 weeks haven't been at all surprising (been cursing myself all wek for not playing the Kangas :wall )...first ever game in Launny, and bad kicking cost the game... ...last week, sure at 'home', but it isn't really...they have lost more than they've won over the last couple of years down there. Why? Because this team is build for the dome. Fast, skillful midfield...but relatively soft...and a big forward line...which was basically left to two boys to try to kick a winning score last week in slippery conditions. Ottens back this week, the harsh words told by coach and players alike after last week, perfect conditions v. a crap team, and I really think the Cats lay an absolute smacking on the Tige's in this one. :ok Good luck for the rest guys. :cheers

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th)

Hell has frozen over :eek:eek:eek
Never again will I tip or back Carlton! They are heartless and spineless...And as for Fevola, build a bridge and get over it, what a sook!....The Saints were too hard at the ball and had more players out, great win. Great work to Crisp and Taza on the Saints. Jeffers is starting to find out what the real Carlton is like :rollin See who the Blues have got next week Jeffers? It only gets worse son!

Scoring Statistics

Avg Score

Avg Margin

Total Score

Round Total

Team

For

Agt

Win

Lose

High

Low

High

Low

West Coast

Port Adelaide

Sydney

Adelaide

Essendon

Brisbane

Collingwood

Hawthorn

W.Bulldogs

Geelong

Kangaroos

Fremantle

St Kilda

Carlton

Richmond

Melbourne

Should have had a closer look at your stats Ads :loon St Kilda 125 Carlton 82 The Blues have been averaging 124 points against and didn't even notice...The Saints kept Carlton to around their 85 against average...Carlton were never going to beat St Kilda...I blame the Englishman Jeffers for filling my head full of Carlton crap...That 124 average against is poor in anyones language, and it gives me great confidence for the Pies next week against the Blues...Carlton easily has the worst the defence in the League...Even Anthony Rocca could fire against this defence :dude

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Hi all, Sob story to tell. Why did Carlton have to lose by +39.5 Cant believe they coughed up so many goals in the final term. Margin was 15 at 3quarter time. Then Blues had a chance to get it under margin with late shot at goal, naturally hit the post though. $10 multi gone Had Blues to beat West Force W Kohlshreiber to beat Grosjean W Broncos to beat Rabbits W Robredo to beat Calleri W St K under 39.5 - win by 43 doh! Highlanders to beat Brumbies - not played yet Go brumbies go! Odds of 27/1 Nasty business. I need send some words of encouragement people. Where is the love? Ok, had my teary now, Thanks for listening guys. hehe

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Dont matter how bad your defence is, as long as you can outscore your opposition. You could concede 200 points and still win. Our two wins this year the opposition have put up massive scores against us. Had our chance to beat Brisbane last week in a high scorer but fell asleep in the last quarter, while last night looked good towards the end of the 3rd quarter when the margin was 4 points, but again fell asleep in the last quarter. Kicking 11.16 is unnacceptable, such poor accuracy. On a different note though, i was actually at the game, but for those who watched it on tv what were the commentators saying about the umpiring and what did you guys think? It was shocking for both teams, both sides were given soft free kicks all night and there were plenty of obvious ones that werent given. Gotta say they are killing the game slowly and in a way you cant really blame the umpires, this new 'push in the back' rule the AFL have introduced is impossible to call consistently and i dont know one AFL fan who isnt frustrated by ut. We never had these issues 10 years ago :$

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Yeh the umpiring is killing our great game, have to agree Ads, only have to fart near the best players like Judd and co and they get a free kick now. Guess it helps the better ball players to a degree. Speaking of umpiring, what did you think of Brendan Fevola's efforts at umpiring...He is a talented player but drops the lip quicker than Richo, and that's saying something...He is a poor example for your talented list of kids to be honest...Umpiring was actually spot on with Fevola, don't know what he was crying about. Jeffers sms'd last night and he is thinking of throwing his Carlton membership in the bin and climbing abord the Pies...Quality thinking :ok

Dont matter how bad your defence is' date=' as long as you can outscore your opposition. [/quote'] Ahhh...one of the greatest myths in the world of sport ;) (One of my pet sporting arguments, but no need for me to ramble on here! :lol ) Sydney v. Kangaroos under 173.5 (2.75) 174-193 (2.95 for $ back) Gives about 1.81 for the under. Sydney haven't had a game score higher than 169 all season. Strong defense that hasn't allowed over 20 shots in a game @ 67 ppg. Some straight kicking gave the Kanga's a bit of an unrealisticly high score last week (Sydney too for that matter!), and 3 of the 'Roos 5 games have been 161 or less. They also seem to get bottled up easily on the smaller dome surface, going under 169 in 4 of their last 8, and over 185 just once...would you believe against the Blues! :D Just 2 of the last 6 meetings have gone over 193...Sydney kicked 18.4 in 2004 at home...and last year's game in Canberra was 14.14 to 16.9 (203), but again Sydney kicked well, and remarkably the I50's were just 43 to 45! I certainly don't expect either team to convert their chances that well again today.

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Kangaroos vs Sydney The Kangaroos are coming off last weeks high with an upset win against Geelong at Skilled Stadium. They follow up now with a home match against Sydney at the Telstra Dome and would fancy themselves to get close to Sydney. Even though they are sitting 3rd on the table, the Swans havn't exactly set the world on fire yet at this early stage, but they are a quality side and their strong defence is what makes them so good. Craig Bolton ranks second in the competition for spoils and amazingly 76% have either lead to a Sydney clearance or a stoppage. Its hard to see Sydney losing this, despite the recent resurgence of the Kangaroos. If the Roos can get off to a good start (they have won 5 out of 5 first quarters) then they are a real chance because Sydney are poor starters (lost 4 out of 5 second quarters) which makes the HT/FT bet of Kang/Syd a good longshot, but I expect Sydney to lift as strong forwards Barry Hall, Michael O'Loughlin, Peter Everitt and the return of Amon Buchanen to the side, its very tough to see the Kangaroos holding them for the entire match. The Swans have conceded the second least amount of points in the league also which is worth noting. Players to look out for are Barry Hall who loves playing against the Kangaroos, in the last 4 games between the sides he has kicked 15 goals while Brett Kirk is averaging 26 possessions. For the Kangaroos, Shannon Grant has kicked 9 against the Swans in the past 4 while Adam Simpson has averaged 20 touches. Pick Sydney Under 39.5 Points at $2.20 (5/10) - Sportingbet

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Melbourne vs Port Adelaide The bottom placed Demons host the second place Power which on paper has the hallmarks of a lopsided match awaiting, but I believe this may just be a little closer than most expect. Melbourne were a top 6 side last year and their talent stocks are very good, but injuries have severely decimated the Demons and slowly but surely some of their better players are now coming back from injuries. David Neitz who is a goalkicking legend at the Dee's returns, Ben Holland returns and will be a very handy inclusion with his height, Nathan Jones also returns and his presence and toughness on the ball has been well missed. All of a sudden the Demons are looking a lot better and Port Adelaide will have to be weary here, while they have a great lineup themselves they must remember that they have never beaten Melbourne away from home in their history. Melbourne play the MCG very well and the fact the line for this match is +17.5 points for Melbourne, I think this is well worth a punt. Players to look out for in this game are Adem Yze and Cameron Bruce who have good records against Port, while Neitz has kicked 9 goals in his last 4 against the Power. Kane Cornes and Peter Burgoyne enjoy playing against the Melbourne as they both average high possession tallies in recent games with Melbourne. Josh Mahoney has kicked 9 goals for Port in his past 3 games against Melbourne. Pick Melbourne +17.5 at $1.91 - (4/10) - Centrebet

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) -16.5? Strange number mate... ...either way, yeah, horrible, HORRIBLE result all round. (Worst possible for me of course! :@) Can't wait to see the stats...65 I50's to 35??....40 clearances to 10??? Well, as you say, definately 27 shots to 17 and to win by just 15 is pain at it's finest. (If pain can be fine...and keep it above the belt please lads ;) )

Jeffers sms'd last night and he is thinking of throwing his Carlton membership in the bin and climbing abord the Pies...Quality thinking :ok
You wish son :ok I actually think Carlton ooze class going forward, obviously the defence is a shambles, but it's entertaining footy and once Kouta is back, and then add Stevens, and sort the defence out - it's a solid 8 win team right there. ;)

Rd. 8. 2007. Rd. 1. 2008. Rd. 22. 2020.
I never said it's all gonna happen this year :tongue2 I suggest you concentrate on having a bit more faith in your own team first mate ;)

Re: AFL Football - Round 6 (May 4th - 6th) Shocking round so far, absolutely terrible. Apart from the West Coast result, every other result has pretty much been an upset. I thought Collingwood would get close to Adelaide but they destroyed them really. As for the Kangaroos beating Sydney, who the hell saw that coming :loon

Shocking round so far, absolutely terrible. Apart from the West Coast result, every other result has pretty much been an upset. I thought Collingwood would get close to Adelaide but they destroyed them really. As for the Kangaroos beating Sydney, who the hell saw that coming :loon
I did! Got 4 out of 5 tips so far on AFL website, only Carlton has failed so far, mind you, I am a fair way behind :dude Sydney haven't beaten anyone in the Top 7 yet, and lost Kennelly who has been a driving influence out of defence. Kangaroos beat Brisbane up North and beat the Cats last week...Someone said a couple a weeks ago that the Roos were improving, especially McIntosh...Roos have been competitive against all the teams in top 8 and had a good win tonight cos they attacked the ball with great ferocity...Probably hard for some to go against Sydney though, but the Roos deserve some credit. Hawks also have had a great recent record against the Bombers...Think that's 4 in a row now they have beaten Essendon. Hope people got on board the Pies :ok Pies had 31 scoring shots to 17 and and against a quality defence like Adelaides, they did very well...Not bad for a touted bottom 4 side by some in here :dude Pies had a lot in their favour for this game, and it was as good a win as the they have had for a while, especially considering they Didak was a late withdrawal, Presty missed half the game, and Clement went off in the last quarter...Crows still played well considering the players they had out...And the Pies will have Didak and Holland back for the long awaited duel with Carlton. Might see if I can sit with Ads and Jeffers next week :cheers

Might see if I can sit with Ads and Jeffers next week :cheers
Dont think that seating arrangement will last long. If the Pies take charge early (which looks very likely) you'll be sitting by yourself :lol :lol :lol Its unbearable sitting next to a Pies supporter at a game, especially a vocal one :rollin

Might see if I can sit with Ads and Jeffers next week :cheers
Tell me where you're sitting BJ, I'll get tickets in the opposite stand. :ok In all seriousness, I was very impressed with the Pies today. They looked very composed going forward and this win was without Rocca kicking a goal. :eek And no, I shall not be jumping ship :dude

And no' date=' I shall not be jumping ship :dude[/quote'] Why would you even want to, Carlton are the only team this decade (aside from Brisbane) to have won more than 1 bit of Silverware in their trophy cabinet :dude

I did! Got 4 out of 5 tips so far on AFL website, only Carlton has failed so far, mind you, I am a fair way behind :dude
I have 5. (See, Jeffers...there's no future at all in having faith in your own side if they're simply no good ;) ) Why I took the under rather than the Kangas remains a mystery to me...:wall What's the weather like over there, you Melbournites? Will be seriously considering a Port/Melb over.

I have 5. (See, Jeffers...there's no future at all in having faith in your own side if they're simply no good ;) ) Why I took the under rather than the Kangas remains a mystery to me...:wall What's the weather like over there, you Melbournites? Will be seriously considering a Port/Melb over.
Great effort to get 5 so far :ok I am an hour from Melbourne and fine and cloudy day today. Reckon the ground should be ok and probably not too much rain...Be pretty wet next week when Ads and Jeffer's tears gather full momentum after another Carlton loss...Poor Ads and Jeffers, got caught up in the Blues wonderlust and got memberships on the spot :rollin and they havn't won a game since :rollin. Will they beat Collingwood next week? Even Jeffers is awe inspired by the Mighty Magpies last night :nana Weather forecast for today: Fine and partly cloudy. Moderate westerly wind tending southwesterly this afternoon and easing.