NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

Saturday 21 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers (08:30 BST)1.25 2.62119% Related markets...Match Result
Cronulla Sharks v Canberra Raiders (10:30 BST)1.40 2.10120% Related markets...Match Result
Sunday 22 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans (05:00 BST)1.30 2.90112% Related markets...Match Result
Parramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs (06:00 BST)1.61 1.51129% Related markets...Match Result
Newcastle Knights v Brisbane Broncos (10:00 BST)1.61 1.62124% Related markets...Match Result
Monday 23 April 2007
North Qld Cowboys v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:00 BST)1.36 2.22119% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

NRL Standings

#

Club

P

W

D

L

B

F

A

%

PTS

Sea Eagles

Storm

Cowboys

Warriors

Rabbitohs

Eels

Titans

Knights

Sharks

Bulldogs

Panthers

Raiders

Broncos

Wests Tigers

Dragons

Roosters

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) With the test comming up on Friday i've decided to write a little bit on myself and the difference between Rugby Onion and Rugby League supporters in NZ. My dad was a top Ref when I was young,in fact for the first 13 yrs of my life,every weekend he would grab me and my sister and off to Carlaw Park we would go,when I was really young players like Shane Varley were comming to the end of their careers and I spent from 8yrs onward growing up watching players like Graham and McGahn for Oatahuhu,Shane Cooper and Mark Bournville for Mt Albert,Clayton Friend and Nick Wright for Manakau and Gary Freeman and the Fu brothers for Northcote.Carlaw Park was packed each weekend and I played on the hill with all the other kids,ah good times.But Rugby League never got repect here and although popular now still does'nt get the respect it derserves,most NZ's now know the game and quite a few love it here now,but I still remember how badly the Rugby Union treated my sport and still hate them now. But as for the Tests I went to every one played in Auckland as a youngster,the tesy series that stands out the most was when we lost two tests to Australia and then spanked them 18-0 on the hallowed turf of Carlaw and this time John Ribot did'nt score in the last second to snatch the test,apart from the test in Brisbane when we beat the Aussies that match at Carlaw was the first time I had ever seen a Kiwi win and i'll never forget it,the look on peoples faces was priceless,people were hugging each other and it was just such a great feeling to be there and to walk out of the ground after we had actually won:) The difference between Onion Supporters and League supporters in NZ is this,League supporters have always gone to the match praying for a win but also used to the Aussies stealing the match in the final seconds,it was reality and happened in more matches than I would care to remember.Rugby Onion supporters went to games expecting to win and if the All Blacks did'nt win they would sulk for eternity. Once again this Friday night the Kiwis face the Kangaroos,I get goosebumps just thinking about it,I have a few views to how the match will go,but really I just love the feeling of an international match and just want people to get ready for it,I can't wait.To all the Kiwis and Aussies out there enjoy the game,if you have loved the game for as long as I have then even more so,one more thing,for the Kiwis win,lose or draw we are all very proud of you and a quote that Kiwis will recognise,Aussies might to,C'MON KIWIS,GIVE EM A TASTE:hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) :ok GREAT POST JUMBO Although born in NZ i also grew up watching league in AUS moving here very young. Like you also jumbo my dad and my brother were of to Oki Jubile or Kogarah Oval as i like to call it every home game for the dragons on the famous hill. Some of my best memories as a kid is sitting on that hill cheering my mighty red and white dragons with 10,000 strong fellow Red and white army behind me. I remember that it being my world that st.george won each given week and a loss would result in 6-7 days heartbreak for me till the next round came, Truth is NOTHING has changed! And i still love with all my heart this wonderfull game. If Onion truly is the game played in heaven,well then please sir, send me to hell! Getting on to fridays game i was at AUSSIE STADIUM the last time these 2 mighty teams met, Cheering for the blacks and even though we lost that game(in heartbreaking x-tra time try) i was so proud of the boys, because they played 100 pounds above there weight. Like always give a kiwi a black jersey and he grows 10 feet taller, and there's no denying that mighty kiwi spirit that cannot,will not, and shallnot be broken! So watch out AUSSIES!!!!!!!!! KIWIS with the points start @1.90 sportstab. GL 2 BOTH TEAMS and let us enjoy another relaxing NRL weekend. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ MONEY IS ONLY A GAMBLER'S TOOL, LIKE A CAR TO A TAXI DRIVER

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Great post Jumbo :ok Your passion really for the game really shows. On the test, I feel the Kiwis have a nice little chance. With blokes like Sonny Bill and Asotasi the Kiwis have a bit of an edge in the forwards and if these blokes get a roll on they'll be very hard to stop. I do feel though that Inu and Roberts are a bit out of their depth. For their sakes I hope they come out of it okay, but I do feel they could be a liability that the Aussies can profit from. Either way it should be a great game and for the sake of the game I'd love to see a Kiwis win.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) After reading your comments,heres what I think on the squads, Australia once again have picked a terrific side,the one selection I find is more based on the past than the present is Mason,I would of been very surprised if Bailey,Kite and Smith were passed over and am happy to see them there as they are all leading the comp in their chosen positions.But Mason is not playing well and how he was chosen above somne of the other leading candadites suprises me to say the least. For the Kiwis I to am worried about Roberts and Inu as they by far stand out in this side as frail,but you never know untill game time.I think our forwards are looking all right and our centres in Soiola and Mannering are perfect for the job,I was worried they might try to push Mannering into the 2nd row but he is great in defence and we really needed him in the centres,I am also happy that Fa'alongo is in as he and Halatau play far above themselves when in the Kiwis. I think our Forwards more than match up with Aussies and our centres will be hard to break down,which is the one area I was worried about,but overall the Aussies have more class.Lockyer will not run this match it will be Thurston,so it seems fairly even at present,but we still are not over the whole Aussie are the greatest in the world think yet as even though we physically dominate the Aussies on the field,we struggle to turn that advantage into points,I will post here on the night,I can't wait. Also to any Onion supporters out there who might be lurking around,all of these players will run out on Friday night and bash each other as hard as they can with no thought to self preservation,and all of these players whos sides are not on the bye will back up again on Saturday,Sunday and Monday,Hows that for tough,In NZ our All Blacks play once and then everyone wants them rested for a month,sissys.

After reading your comments,heres what I think on the squads, Australia once again have picked a terrific side,the one selection I find is more based on the past than the present is Mason,I would of been very surprised if Bailey,Kite and Smith were passed over and am happy to see them there as they are all leading the comp in their chosen positions.But Mason is not playing well and how he was chosen above somne of the other leading candadites suprises me to say the least.
You are kidding about the selection of Mason right? I take it you haven't watched too many doggies games this season? Mason along with O'Meley & Kite have been the FORM forwards of the competition thus far. If we are talking travesty of non selection it should be centred around the omission of Shrek. Guy has been the standout prop this season, once again the Australian selectors show they obviously pick players on rep and not form. God knows what Hunt, Tate, Berrigan and Lyons have done this season to deserve a spot in the team. I'm still waiting on Lyons to make his first linebreak of the season. Once again an example of rewarding players for doing a job that took place 6 months ago instead of lookin at the present. Hopefully the Kiwis make the selectors look like fools come Friday night.
For the Kiwis I to am worried about Roberts and Inu as they by far stand out in this side as frail,but you never know untill game time.I think our forwards are looking all right and our centres in Soiola and Mannering are perfect for the job,I was worried they might try to push Mannering into the 2nd row but he is great in defence and we really needed him in the centres,I am also happy that Fa'alongo is in as he and Halatau play far above themselves when in the Kiwis. I think our Forwards more than match up with Aussies and our centres will be hard to break down,which is the one area I was worried about,but overall the Aussies have more class.Lockyer will not run this match it will be Thurston,so it seems fairly even at present,but we still are not over the whole Aussie are the greatest in the world think yet as even though we physically dominate the Aussies on the field,we struggle to turn that advantage into points,I will post here on the night,I can't wait.
Pretty much agree with your assessment of the Kiwi side there. Australia will always have the 'class' factor over the Kiwis but one thing McClennan has been able to do in his time as coach of the Kiwis is to create that strong sense of playing for a 'team' as opposed as individuals and extract the best out of what the cattle he has. He seems to be the ultimate motivator.
Also to any Onion supporters out there who might be lurking around,all of these players will run out on Friday night and bash each other as hard as they can with no thought to self preservation,and all of these players whos sides are not on the bye will back up again on Saturday,Sunday and Monday,Hows that for tough,In NZ our All Blacks play once and then everyone wants them rested for a month,sissys.
What's your beef with the union boys? They play it just as tough as the league boys, it's not the NZ players fault regarding the whole resting issue. That is the AB management's doing which I for one found simply ludicrous. Personally the whole union v league war is more to do with the private v public school battle IMO then anything else. Got nothing to do with what happens on the pitch. GL

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Actually I can't be bothered arguing with you,if thats the way you see it,then so be it. But as you seem to think you are the man,i'll take the weekend off on here and follow your words of wisdom,so post some tips oh wise one,Jack Daniels. I'll be watching with intrest. Actually one more thing,If you want to say i'm incorrect do so in a tip,don't pick apart my writing and say it,I don't say anything to others who post on here except for Good Luck even if I think they are wrong,for you to show up 5 weeks into the comp and start having a go at me is just disrespectful in my world,if i'm wrong about anything I usually say so myself after the match,but anyway Good Luck to you Jack Daniels,I hope you pick some winners.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Monday night trend continued again last round with both teams who played the previous Monday night ( sharks & dragons) losing their games although Sharks should have beaten Wests last week, it is now only one team out of eight that have won after playing Monday night, so the sharks would have to be specials of beating Canberra on Saturday night after Canberra having only five days to recover from their Monday night win over the Roosters who luckily have a bye this weekend.

Actually I can't be bothered arguing with you,if thats the way you see it,then so be it. But as you seem to think you are the man,i'll take the weekend off on here and follow your words of wisdom,so post some tips oh wise one,Jack Daniels. I'll be watching with intrest. Actually one more thing,If you want to say i'm incorrect do so in a tip,don't pick apart my writing and say it,I don't say anything to others who post on here except for Good Luck even if I think they are wrong,for you to show up 5 weeks into the comp and start having a go at me is just disrespectful in my world,if i'm wrong about anything I usually say so myself after the match,but anyway Good Luck to you Jack Daniels,I hope you pick some winners.
errr so I am not allowed to have a difference of opinion? Re-read my post, nowhere did I attempt to belittle or 'have a go' at you, I'm just stating a difference of opinion. So I take it lively debate is not allowed in here? You are being way too defensive champ, GL with the upcoming weekend of footy.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) What can I say,I hate to be taken to task,sorry Jack Daniels,anyway forgive my public school education and rudeness,welcome to the Forum,Good Luck yourself for the upcomming weekend.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Not to get involved in this or anything but jack to me it sounded like you were trying to put down jumbo and call him an idiot. In my experience on punter's lounge Jumbo's opinion has been a valued one, and when he speaks the rest of us listen. So maybe just maybe jack, next time take in his point of view and listen. And to me you are wrong jack, Mason has had a poor start to the season IMO. I don't agree he should be left out but i don't agree he has had a good start to the season. Plus with this whole onion vs league debate please don't get me started. Anyways we will wait and see what happens this weekend goodluck 2 all! _______________________________________________________________

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I think it'd be fair to say that maybe Jack and Jumbo have misunderstood each other. Jack is new to the forums so maybe he is unaware of the great contribution he makes each week. Anyway, there's another great weekend of footy ahead of us and it's nice to see that both posters have moved and can enjoy the weekend.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Darren Lockyer to outscore Cameron Smith @ 3.10 Centrebet Lockyer always seems to score in an Australian jersey. He is a great support player and if Australia get going I'm sure you'll find his name on the scoresheet. Smith on the otherhand is rarely somebody you associate with finding the line and I'd be surprised if he scored tomorrow.

Not to get involved in this or anything but jack to me it sounded like you were trying to put down jumbo and call him an idiot. In my experience on punter's lounge Jumbo's opinion has been a valued one, and when he speaks the rest of us listen. So maybe just maybe jack, next time take in his point of view and listen. And to me you are wrong jack, Mason has had a poor start to the season IMO. I don't agree he should be left out but i don't agree he has had a good start to the season. Plus with this whole onion vs league debate please don't get me started. Anyways we will wait and see what happens this weekend goodluck 2 all! _______________________________________________________________
If I was going to call someone an idiot I'd say so in those terms, once again point me to the part of my post which alluded to anything of the sort? Jumbo - all good mate time to find some winners this week. Had a look through prior weeks' threads and saw some good discussion here so looking forward to contributing.

Darren Lockyer to outscore Cameron Smith @ 3.10 Centrebet Lockyer always seems to score in an Australian jersey. He is a great support player and if Australia get going I'm sure you'll find his name on the scoresheet. Smith on the otherhand is rarely somebody you associate with finding the line and I'd be surprised if he scored tomorrow.
Be careful .. the inflated price for Lockyer is probably an indication that Smith will do the goalkicking ...

^ If that's the case it's a ridiculous line and definitely worth a ping ... good luck
Thanks mate. Best of luck this weekend with your picks. For the test I'm also considering a spec for his game on the exact margins too. A few games lately are seeing some field goals late on, and Locky doesn't mind one at the end of a half either. Aus by 19, 23 etc at above 100 might be a bit of value.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I find Test Matches are more for passion for the Punter not making money,In last years Tri Nations on Betshoot I only had one wrong pick from the whole Tournament,but I never bet to hard on Tests as League is my sport and I have grown up with it,so i'm always on the Kiwis and never tip Aussie or GB,once again i've taken the Kiwis with the start,as I find a few of the selections for the Aussies puzzling to say the least,but remember all the Aussies have dominated us Kiwis in this fixture and could well do so again tonight,so it's not really a betting match,it's more of a passionate,I LOVE BEING A NEW ZEALANDER than making money,if you are trying to gain off this match then look to otusiders bets,like try scorers,first scoring play,etc,etc.Even total points in this match could be iffy,If the unthinkable happens and the Kiwis get up tonight:hope there won't be many points,however if the Roos win it could be over 60 points.Maybe an Aussie or NZ penalty conversion might be a good option as either side will just want to get on the board,try scorers Mnnering for the Kiwis should go close as should Soiola who has scored in all but one of the last 5 Kiwi tests,new boys sometimes score in their first match so possibly Inu.Matt King has a tremedous record of scoring against the Kiwis,but there is nothing really solid as this is a test match,the Kiwis did not win the Tri Nations last year and come here tonight expecting to win,this week they have looked very focused and have'nt talked themselves up.with Roy leading the side they will be commited as will the Aussies.Once again we will smash the Roos forwards,but if we can't score points ourselves the game is lost,it's all a confidence thing for us,I do think even thougfh i'm loathed to say it that the Roos will win,but i'm picking by about 8 or 10.But after going through both sides with a fine toothed comb apart from Aussies halves,we match up really well to them,all of our players have been picked on either form or lack of options whereas the Aussies have Tate,Lyon,Mason,Hunt,Ryan players who could of easily been overlooked for Cooper,O'Meley,Bowen and others,if our forwards can get over the Roos forwards early we could very well be right in this match,I don't know,time will tell,fingers crossed for the Kiwis.:hope And if no body objects i will still tip on here this weekend and retract my ealier statement of not doing so,sorry to all for behaving so childish,hopefully I will be forgiven and we can all just move on,but I am still expecting Jacky Daniels to post some tips and the rest of you,maybe before the matches actually start not after,aye boys:lol Also I know that this match is not being played untill Monday but the Bunnies are a chance at Dairy Farmers,no Webb or O'Donell and there is a very strong chance that Thurston who has been struggling with a knee injury might not back up either,If Thurston is ruled out of that match or gets hurt tonight the odds on the Bunnies will nose dive and the Start will come in to about 6 instead of 10 which is whats on offer now,Just food for thought.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Love the posts Jumbo. GOOD LUCK to the kiwis as ill be cheering them on tonight just like my Warriors. If they play with there heads & not try bash the aussies up front, then they're in for a chance. Im looking forward to the big hitups tonight. Betting options: HT margin - NZ 1-4 @ $8 HT margin - NZ 5-8 @ $6.5 H/F Double - NZ/AUST @ $7

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Is it me or has anyone noticed that the WeetBix kid has opened his own thread on the NRL for this week? And KiwiMike has opened his own thread on the Anzac test? Good luck on those threads boys,strange you would open them but good luck all the same.

Is it me or has anyone noticed that the WeetBix kid has opened his own thread on the NRL for this week? And KiwiMike has opened his own thread on the Anzac test? Good luck on those threads boys,strange you would open them but good luck all the same.
Didn't think that the internationals would go under the banner of NRL...call me retarded, but i thought it would be good to seperate them...nevermind though i now know that the chat is going on in here so either delete that thread or ignore it mods ....cheers and go the kiwis!! Heart = Kiwi's win by 20 points Head = Aussie's -8.5 but we smash there forwards and lose to their backs