NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) after all my ranting and raving I just noticed I did'nt even give any looks, Storm 1-12 or the Panthers with the start,depends on who YOU like,I don't see the Storm winning by more than 10,regardless. Sharks by plenty,13+ or minus the 10. Good Luck to all.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) lol @ Jumbo, man I don't need any kiwi's help!! :dude Just joking any banter on NRL putting is tops! :cheers Today I agree with you guys, I'm going to be on the close game in the Panthers/Storm, hence getting on the panthers with 10.5 start. Also on the Sharks -8.5. GL everyone! :cow

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Hi Guys, This is my first real disscussion post. So here goes... Storm v Panthers Both teams had two players in the test match last night. But even so, all should play again today. I also agree with Jumbo and Dingotech in that this will be a close game, but I think that the Storm will prevail due to their backs's, and so my bets are- Storm by 7-12 @5.25 1st tryscorer/winning margin combo's- Turner/Storm 1-12 @34 Folau/Storm 1-12 @31 An Interesting fact is that Matt King has scored 7 tries in 6 matches against the Panthers. So, I will try and find a "to score" market and have a bet on him as well. Sharks v Raiders Neither team had any players in the test last night. The Raiders average losing margin away from home this season is 29 points. The Sharks have had some good form this season at home, and that should continue against a Raiders side whose form away from home has been awful. Sharks -8.5 @ 1.80 All prices are from sportstab. Good Luck everyone, hopefully a very profitable weekend.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Storm 13+ margin Alot of guys here think the panthers will keep this close but i doubt it, espeially if they play the way they did agaisnt Parramatta. The Storm love playing these Saturday evening games and it is usually a try fest. The Panthers play well in patches but when they don't they can be awful. Some of their attcking last week was appalling and if they play like that agin then this will be 50 point win to the Storm. The Storm have only lost 1 out of their last 19 games here so they should win, but based on their ability and the poor previous week performance of the Panthers, then they should be able to win quite comfortably. Sharks 13+ margin The Sharks should have broken their hoodoo down at Campbelltown last week against the Tigers except for Kimmorley's stuff up at the end. They have a very good home record against the Raiders, winning 15 out of 19 games. The raiders have quite a few injury problems and they are backing up alot quicker than normal which has been a problem for most teams this year. The Sharks are the leading team in metres gained while the Raiders are ranked 13 (out of 16). The Sharks only concede 12 points on average while the raiders leak in 30. So expect to see the Sharks defence hold out the Raiders and set it up for a win against a tiring Raiders team in the second half.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

For the record' date=' only bet I had for the Storm game was Storm at HT by 1-6. I was tired and fell asleep... woke up too late to make an 80min/line play lol/[/quote'] Odds of 5.50 for this one. Apologies for posting it after the game had started :$

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) A little look at the H2H recently between Sharkies and Raiders: 2006 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 26 - [View] Sat: Sharks 24 l. Raiders 26 [Crowd: 9289] 2006 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 10 - [View] Sun: Raiders 28 l. Sharks 38 [Crowd: 9695] 2005 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 10 - [View] Sun: Raiders 26 l. Sharks 32 [Crowd: 13844] 2004 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 14 - [View] Sat Jun 12: Raiders 26 d. Sharks 16 [Crowd: 9922] 2004 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Sat Apr 17: Sharks 38 d. Raiders 24 [Crowd: 9205] It's worth nothing that the last games played Raiders have led at HT by 26pts, 18pts and 2pts. As you can see the games are pretty high scoring too. However, it's been well noted that the Raiders are backing up from a Monday game and teams doing this haven't very well and any expectation for a high scoring game would surely require a vast majority of the points to come from the Sharks. So two plays for this one - if H2H continues then both are a chance, but if the more logical aspect is considered, well only the first should get a look in, but that's ok because the 2nd is a big price taken for that H2H value aspect. Sharks Team Score 31-40 @ 4.00 TAB Total Game Score 61-40 @ 9.00 TAB

Storm 13+ margin :@ Sharks 13+ margin :)
Congrats to those who got the Storm 1-12. Storm were cruising the second half and took the foot off the pedal to give the Panthers a sniff of victory Sharks did it easily and well done to the board for this standout pick :clap

FYI: No Hodges, Eastwood and Perry for the Broncos tomorrow against the Knights. Also Tait is in serious doubt to play. http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/4692/Default.aspx
Nice stuff there Jack. I was confident on the Knights but now even more so,I don't know what CP will make of this talk of his Broncos going down to the Knights.

Nice stuff there Jack. I was confident on the Knights but now even more so,I don't know what CP will make of this talk of his Broncos going down to the Knights.
If Tait is out as well you got to think the Broncs may have trouble crossing the line:hope I'm on the Knights at the current price of $1.80 - also going to be a lot of Joey Johns love going on tomorrow with a bi tribute planned as well before the game

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Personally, I disagree that Tate is a loss to us. He is a quality player but this year his performances for Brisbane have been utterly crap. If he continued his club form for us then we are better off without him. That being said, I'd like him in the team so that he may build upon his improved effort that he had last night. I think we were always going to be up against it with the emotion of Johns' retirement, but with these absences I think even more so. The real loss is Justin Hodges who has been without doubt our best performer of the year. David Taylor should come into the side and he is definitely one to watch out for. He's got some fantastic skills for a prop forward and is regarded as the best prospect we have going. For the result, I'd favour the Knights to win by 8pts or so, but with guys like Dane Carlaw and Darren Lockyer still around Brisbane will have the players to cause problems to a Newcastle team who themselves aren't flush with quality.

Dingotech,your lucky all us Kiwis are here to help you Aussies make some money. Storm vs Panthers:I can see this match being alot closer than some might think,The Storm are still not playing to the standard we all expect and if there is one team other than Manly who match up very well with the Storm it's the Panthers,Smith will be a bit jaded after last night and he is very important to the Storm in Attack and defence.Another reason to like the Panthers a bit is also because the Test may be finished but certain players still have State of Origin selection comming up,Gower and Rooney need to play well and with Gorden and Wesser on the flanks they should go close,just my opinion. Sharks vs Raiders:This match could get ugly,The Sharks used to have a fantastic record in night time matches at Shark Park and against the Dragons here two weeks ago they showed glimpses of that once again,The Sharks are good in defence and make more meters than most other sides in attack(unbelievable but true)The Raiders have no Costigan and have two new boys playing tonight,they also played on Monday night which to date has meant doom and gloom for teams doing so,I like the Sharks to win big here,Sharks by 20. Good Luck to all with your selections.
Wow very nice picks cuz! :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) MANLY VS TITANS In the first of 3 games this sunday we have the on fire sea eagles up agaisnt a hot and cold titans. Manly have not put a foot wrong this season in winning the first 5 games and in doing so without insperational halfback matty orford, along with menzies and matai. Meanwhile after a narrow loss to the dragons in round 1 the gold coast have bounced back to be 3/5 with the other loss coming at the hands of the bulldogs. Odds for this game install manly as heavy favourites and while i cannot disagree with the prices, i think this will be a very good and tight game. I would even go as far as saying this one could be a boilover so i won't be suprised to see the titans take the cake at brookvale today. However i will not be wagering on that instead i will be taking the Titans with the start. MY TIP: TITANS +9.5 EELS VS BULLDOGS Game 2 on sunday promises to be a very good game of rugby league with the improving eels agaisnt the up and down doggies. How the bulldogs managed to lose to manly last week i'll never no with shades of the 2006 semi final coming back. They dominated 80% of that game but still found a way to lose and i think it's time for shifty sherwin to return to the ranks. The eels started of the year slowly but have been on the imporve over the last 3 weeks, starting with a dodgy win over the tigers but have improved since then. There halves combo of finch and smith are rely starting to gel with there forward pack starting to muscle up in defence lead by the never say die Hindmarsh. Today i see a eels win on the cards as i don't see how 4 big guns for the doggies can back up from friday night with mason,williams,ryan and roberts trying to be fit for this one. Plus i just don't like betting on the dogs early season as they usualy start slow and build momentem, but in saying that they were brilliant agaisnt the bunnies. MY TIP: EELS HD2HD KNIGHTS VS BRONCOS Finaly we reach game 3 with the joeyless knights up against the struggling broncos. I don't rely no what to say about this game so i'll keep it short and sweet. All the broncos backing up mixed in with an emotional day for newcastle with a tribute to the great man joey johns= i can only see one thing happening here with a home victory for andrew. MY TIP: KNIGHTS HD2HD GL ALL WITH YOUR SUNDAY BETS! :)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) More to decide tomorrow but there is one thing I've had a look at that I like the look of. Some players have a fantastic record of scoring against certain teams or venues and none is more relevant than Brett Stewart, who averages a try per game at Brookvale. Brett Stewart Anytime Scorer @ 2.00 Centrebet

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Hey whats going on here you guys beat me to the punch.lol Some good stuff there SydCityKid and CP knows his stuff,actually bro Stewart has scored in all but 1 of his last 16 matches at Brookvale,pretty impressive stuff,some very good calls from the both of you,well i'm not gonna rave on here as SydCityKid has covered some good stuff. However there are days when margins and everything else should be forgotten and today is one of those days... Eels vs Bulldogs:I'm of the same opinion as SCK I think the Eels have been playing quite well and their performance against the Panthers last week confirmed it,no margin but Eels to win for me,Tim Smith worrys the crap out of me. Knights vs Broncos:Fairly short one here,Broncos have a few out and a few backing up with a couple of new boys,the Knights have been ok and will fancy their chances against the Broncos and I can see them getting the job done once again,Knights to win. Manly vs Titans:Everyone is on the Titans after their win last week against the Broncos,i'm not.Manly have been the standout defensive side in the comp with the Storm and Sharks and Sunday afternoons can get messy for visitors to Brookvale,their best Forward in Bailey is backing up from the test and I really think the Titans don't have the speed of the Sea Eagles,the Sea Eagles have not had any blowouts this season but have played it tight and performed well,taking their opputunities when they come.The Titans while playing very well in their last two matches are still in my eyes a bit small in the Forwards and don't quite have the depth in the backs,Prince and Campbell have been outstanding in their last two but really they played the up and down Panthers and won and the out of form Broncos and won,I have'nt seen Manly out of form in defence even once and i'm on the Sea Eagles to give the Titans their first real touch up for the year,manly by 16. Good Luck to all for today.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I agree with Jumbo on Manly looking a good bet this week and at home should be too strong for the Titans. I'm never big on the taking confidence in from last week train of thought as IMO teams tend to go the other way and go in a little over confident. Also I just think Manly is a better team. Also fancy the Eeels to nudge out the Bulldogs, Knights over the Broncos and Souths to upset the Cowboys. All bets 1pt: Manly -9.5 @ 1.90 (NZTab) Eels @ 1.85 (NZTab) Eels HT/FT @ 2.70 (NZtab) Knights @ 1.80 (Centrebet) Knights HT/FT @ 2.65 (Centrebet) Souths +8.5 @ 1.91 (Centrebet) Souths HT/FT @ 5.00 (Centrebet) GLA Cheers CK 2007 NRL (settled): Staked 13.25 P/L -2.11 Yield -15.9%

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Like your picks jumbo :ok Manly win by 13+ margin As mentioned, Manly are the best defensive side in the league and have only conceded 7 tries in 5 games. They should be able to pressure the Titans into quite a few mistakes, which was evident in the Titans win over Brisbane, where both sides were guilty of making alot of errors. It should be a great opportunity for Stewart to pick up any loose balls. Despite their early success, the Titans are not as good as people think they are and are playing the most in form team in the comp. They do the basics quite well and are very disciplined in their play. Parramatta -2.5 @ 2.00 Big grudge match between two traditional rivals. We have Parra cominig into a bit of form while the Bulldogs are a long way from what they are capable of. With Parra having 2 of their forwards and the Bulldogs having 3 of their's backing up from the test match there could be some tired players out there towards the end. Parra have shown recently that their backs are the ones more than capable of taking advantage of this, and i see them winning this in a close one. Newcastle -4.5 @ 2.10 Newcastle haven't been anything special in recent weeks but they are satrting to learn to live without Johns, and look to Buderus to make a case why he is the best hooker in the game, as he takes over the play calling at the Knights. Brisbane were very ordinary and predictable in their loss last week, and many of their big name players are not playing to their capabilities. Newcastle have only 1 player backing up from the test match while Brisbane have 7, and while the Broncos in the past have done well backing up, it was at a time when many of their players were at their peak. The way they have been playing suggests they are past it. The crowd will be packed to send off Joey Johns, so this should lift the Knights to win this game but not by much

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I'll just quickly say to everyone,I'm really happy about how many of you all are offering comments and tips on matches,in the first 6 weeks of this thread it has gone from only myself and CP giving opinions on a weekly basis to all of you others now here and performing very well in week 6.Our views have gone through the roof compared to where we were in the first couple of weeks and I put that down to alot of you all giving excellent advice and looks on players,matches and stats,Well played by everyone. It's funny i've been punting on League for so long and only this year have decided to look around on the web as I was getting lonely just doing it on my own and i'm amazed at the amount of League lovers out there and even more so at how many of you know your stuff,I used to think I was alone especially living in NZ but have this year discovered I'm not,I consider myself fortunate to be around people who have as many good picks as all of you and may it continuie,Well played by all.