** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I run a bit of an underdogs system on the soccer and had Correct Score Villareal 2-0 @ 38s, so it looks like Spain was a pretty good place for both of us. Unfortunately you are right though in saying Chelsea were crap. Looking forward to your views on Souths mate, I'd expect Cowboys to win but no markets really stick out at me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Cowboys vs Souths I've already said Souths are a chance and as I have I won't go back on them,but this is surely an outsiders bet so proceed with caution if you are keen on them as well. The Cowboys have played two at Dairy Farners this season,both wins 25-24 against the Tigers and thrashing the roosters,at home the Cowboys have let in 30 points while scoring 68 in reply.lThese stats are not really the full story,the Cowboys blasted the Roosters off the field early and the game was finished bit in that game the Roosters had chances but just were'nt good enough and against the Tigers the Cowboys were lucky to say the least. Souths have lost their last two matches 22-23 to the Knights and 10-34 against the Dogs.On their travels the Bunnies are yet to lose winning both matches the firstb against the Roosters(not really an away match) and the Sharks.Souths have let in 22 points and scored 44 in reply.The Doggies match was no real surprise but the Bunnies must be disappointed with their efforts against the Knights as the match was theirs and they threw it away. The last two matches at Dairy Farmers have been close with the Cowboys winning the last match 16-14 and losing the match before by the exact score 14-16. I still think the Cowboys are short up front,I was surprised by the size of the Cowboys forwards who played against the warriors but was not to surprised by their performances,they played well but the warriors had their meassure.Thurston was the key for them and he was well contained.Souths coach Jason Taylor is a good coach,If Bellamy,Bennett and Murray are the best coaches in the NRL then I would rate Taylor although still only new really as very close to them,he is very good in picking good attacking options and I believe he would of come up with some good plays for tonight. Look lets be honest here the Cowboys are deserved favs here,but I still rate the losses of O'Donnell and Webbs huge,against the Warriors the Cowboys forwards were big but they could be noted as falling off tackles and getting tired rather quickly.Souths look to be a very well put together side and I would not discount them here,Souths need to mark up better in the middle of the ruck and I would'nt rate the Cowboys centres as being any better than the Bunnies,this match should be played through the forwards and if thats the case then the Bunnies have the edge,just slightly. The best bet for this match is the Cowboys 1-12,but I still ahve a sneaky feeling that Souths are worthy of a punt here,after a very bad performance last week expect a bit more application on the Bunnies part,also the Cowboys are winning but it's not spectacular tho is it,they are allowing sides into matches and if they do that tonight the Bunnies could be gone by the time the Cowboys react.Souths defence and completion rates are better than the Cowboys but the brain stakes are firmly in the Cowboys favour.The Cowboys are weak on the right hand side and are vulnerable 2 passes either side of the ruck and I would expect Taylor to try his luck there.The danger sign for the Bunnies is the middle of the ruck as the Cowboys make alot of ground through there.But I woukld geuss taylor has been on at the Bunnies to tighten that up. I'm still on Souths but only because I don't like to second geuss myself,so Bunnies 1-12 for me or just to win but heres a couple of extras for those who like a bit of excitement,I would advise covering yourself with a Cowboys 1-12 just in case. Manukafoa to score a try:He is a very big boy and has scored in all but one of his last 4 matches for the Bunnies. Total Points in match:41-50 looks about right to me,both sides can score and both can tackle,I don't see this as being a blow out but the final score will be about 28-18,to who i'm unsure. Possibly Merrit to score the last try as he is very good at doing so. Thats it for me,not a high stake match but should be a good one all the same,Good Luck to all with your selections.:hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

Just a quick question here' date='is the Rooeters/Dragons match on Anzac day part of this weeks round or is it the bewginning of next weeks?[/quote'] Next weeks. I made sure to check for my fantasy teams :lol What can I say though, footy more days of the week, can't complain.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) My spelling is f'n terrible.:lol Off the subject here but i'm having a bloody great day,first the two draws brought in a good return,Villareal brought in a sizeable return beating Barcelona.In fact lets talk in money terms $100 on both draws returned $875,Villareal returned $1200 from $100 so after this morning I was up just under 2k,onto the Basketball and the Cav's cover as do the Lakers $100 on them both to return $400,so I was up 2.3k,so as fate was in my corner or so it seemed I put 1k all profit on the Nuggets at $4.30 and also put $500 all profit on the Nuggets to cover the 8 points at $2 and as a saver,Nuggets just won,beating the Spurs:ok ,so all up for today from a start of $100 on the draws i'm up at 5.8k on the day,i'm now putting $800 on the Golden State Warriors to win at $6.50 and putting $500 on G State to cover the 10 as well at $2,I'm not being a big head,just very happy with today,might be the day for the upset.;) These sort of fun betting days don't come around to often so i'm very,very pleased.Also on the NRL season to date as I keep that money seperate from my fun money i'm already sitting from 10k at the start of the season at 35k,mostly from the first weekend with the Bunnies and Cowboys,have'nt really found any big bets in the NRL since that weekend just small profits of about 2-3k per weekend,Super 14 has been very kind to me also.Come on the Warriors and Bunnies.

Jumbo' date=' you've obviously got some impressive kiwifruit between the pins mate - a great betting weekend for you. Well done! :notworthy[/quote'] Thanks mate,I'm well pleased. i don't know about the KiwiFruit maybe some Kumaras.:lol (Maori,sweet potatoes) Half time in the NBA and it's 38-38 between the Mavs and Warriors.:hope And life gets sweeter my wifes just come through the door with my Hangi(traditional Maori Kai,baked under the ground:Pork,Chicken,Kumara,Potatoe and stuffing,YUMMY):cow

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Did anyone follow on the NBA?? And the Warriors beat Dallas 97-85:) ,they were at $6.75 at tip off and $2 to cover the 9.5.:nana :nana I must also say,how bad were the Mavericks?When you think that the Harrington,Richardson,Pietrus and Ellis all had bad games for the Warriors,the signs don't look good for the Mavs,the Warriors have now beaten the Mavs 6 games straight.:eek Can the Bunnies be the next upset of the day?:eyes 3 outsiders bets all in and a very,very good day,I've just gone over 10k on the day. I should also mention that I have taken both totals as my main bets for tomorrow to go over in the Rockets/Jazz and Pistons/Magic matches in the NBA,I also think the Magic and Jazz could well upset,although more on the Magic,sorry for doing this on here but what can I say,a glorious day so far and as such heres my bets for tonight. $100 on Souths at the h2h. $100 on total points 41-50 and lets waste some more on try scorers Manukafoa($10 @$8) Fa'alongo($10 @$4) I've no idea if these will come in but i'm on them regardless,I can't be down on the day,so why not have some fun,I think i'll follow all of you guys tonight as well,Good Luck to all.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) OHH Dallas killed me. I had a multi- Nuggets to win Suns unders Jason Terry 20pts or more Inter Milan win Fiorentina win Jason Terry only score 17pts - must've been a shocker of a game for Dallas to loose. Golden State beat Dallas all season so that was a good bet to put on Warriors.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Jumbo, I know a couple of us follow the NBA (Blackcrow, Mr F and I for three + you of course). There is a separate thread for NBA under the US Sports banner. It's been quite useful during the season and continues to be so, so far, for the play-offs. Congrats on a great punting day. I wasn't surprised to see GSW knock off Dallas although beating the League's #1 team in play-off game 1, even though GSW was one of only three teams to be consistently competitive against Dallas during the season, would have surprised many I'm sure. O-D 182.5 and U-H 185.0 tomorrow. Overs look reasonable for both I agree, but will make mind up tonight.

Jumbo, I know a couple of us follow the NBA (Blackcrow, Mr F and I for three + you of course). There is a separate thread for NBA under the US Sports banner. It's been quite useful during the season and continues to be so, so far, for the play-offs. Congrats on a great punting day. I wasn't surprised to see GSW knock off Dallas although beating the League's #1 team in play-off game 1, even though GSW was one of only three teams to be consistently competitive against Dallas during the season, would have surprised many I'm sure. O-D 182.5 and U-H 185.0 tomorrow. Overs look reasonable for both I agree, but will make mind up tonight.
Thanks mate,yeah I know theres a USA sports on here,but if I was totally honest,I belong here on the Rugby League forums,I am more than willing to share with all the visitors to here and I do realise that this is not the place to put such things,but what can I say,just over happy I geuss and as I have found a bit of a home on the NRL thread thats where I am.But on the subject of other sports and I promise this will be the last one,Chelsea vs Liverpool on Wedesday Morning,Draw or Liverpool win?? Maybe after the match tonight if anyones intrested we could possibly have a short talk if anyones keen on the CL matches this week before we close this thread,I know we should do it on the European Soccer forums but most Football tipsters are very secretive and alot of the time don't answer,So if anyones keen,come on after the Bunnies win:hope

Match: Cowboys vs Rabbitohs Tips: 5.5pts Cowboys 1-12 @3.10 4.5pts Rabbitohs 1-12 @4.60 0.3pts Draw @29.00
Good Luck with your selections. I like your draw pick,is that ht/ft or 80mins?

OHH Dallas killed me. I had a multi- Nuggets to win Suns unders Jason Terry 20pts or more Inter Milan win Fiorentina win Jason Terry only score 17pts - must've been a shocker of a game for Dallas to loose. Golden State beat Dallas all season so that was a good bet to put on Warriors.
Unlucky Bro,great call on the Lazio/Fiorentina pick mate,I was looking at that and an Italian friend of mine said that Fiorentina were specials,but I stupidly did'nt listen.Jason Terry was yanked off the court almost twice every quarter,which was a surprise as he was one of the Mavs who looked good,Unlucky.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Congrats on your very profitable day Jumbo.:clap As a couple of guys have metioned, think it will be a close game, so add me to the list of Cowboys/Rabbitohs 1-12 bet taker's. Also going to have a sneaky bet on David Peachey to be the 1st tryscorer at 13's. (sportstab) Looking forward to the game, should be a good one, good luck all.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) thanks jumbo,its 80mins.. i lost 9pts on the tigers-sharks game bcoz of the draw.. and i think its worthwhile to hedge against the draw at such a small cost.. good luck to everyone tonight

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Wow Jumbo, as your name implies, you are not short of hammering some of your tips. Congrats on a huge weekend :clap Like the Cowboys 1-12 - can't see the Bunnies winning but they will make it a close game. As for Champions League, love the Milan and Liverpool double. Both Man U and Chelsea have overextended themselves and are very very tired. The two fresher teams will take care of them

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) North Queensland win by 1-12 margin North Queesnland have, on paper, a better team especially with the players of the calibre of Bowen and Thurston to organise much of the attacks. However Souths have shown that they are no pushovers even though it is appears they will struggle here. I don't think so. They have a better defence and a higher completion rate than the Cowboys, so while i expect the Cowboys to win, it won't be by much

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Thanks to all for the Congrats,much appreciated,hopefully we can all have a good night on the League,although my I think I may have pushed my luck as far as I could today,so i'm not holding my breath. Blackcrow I like your Liv/Milan double as well,If you are around after the match tonight,i'll share some thoughts with you and anyone else that is keen on some possible betting options for the week.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Cowboys are short in the forwards but if they had the missing blokes in their team I would be on the Cows 13+, since they are missing it should be a tighter game. Additionally with the Cows copping it a bit last weekend I expect them to step up and win at home. Hence I'm on Cowboys 1-12. :cow Good luck everyone! Jumbo :clap The beers are on you! :beer

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Jumbo, great work today mate. I was feeling pretty good after my Villareal win so I followed you and backed both Golden State and Denver. Unfortunately I don't stake much on other people's tips if I don't know much about the sport so I only won small, but a win is always great and at the odds they were going at it's simply fantastic tipping on your part. I'm glad that you cashed in nicely and again, well done mate! Onto tonight games and aside from Bowen to score I have found anything I like, so I've gone for just a couple of other things for some long shot value: Matt Bowen to Score @ 2.20 Cowboys to win by 19pts @ 141 Pick the Score Cowboys/Souths 14/16/17,14/16/17

Jumbo, great work today mate. I was feeling pretty good after my Villareal win so I followed you and backed both Golden State and Denver. Unfortunately I don't stake much on other people's tips if I don't know much about the sport so I only won small, but a win is always great and at the odds they were going at it's simply fantastic tipping on your part. I'm glad that you cashed in nicely and again, well done mate! Onto tonight games and aside from Bowen to score I have found anything I like, so I've gone for just a couple of other things for some long shot value: Matt Bowen to Score @ 2.20 Cowboys to win by 19pts @ 141 Pick the Score Cowboys/Souths 14/16/17,14/16/17
AWESOME,Glad you made some cash,a wins a win,no matter how big or small,It's still the same feeling.:ok Good Luck with yours ands Dingotechs looks.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) hey Jumbo ....good job in your picks today! I don't know how you did it... you picked Golden State and Denver. i had Denver and dallas in a multi...... so you made like $12,000 from like $400 ay? i hope souths get up today against the cowboys.... souths have a 8.5+ head start at 1.9... thats great value!!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Does anyone have any opinions on these matches. Only short thoughts.. NBA Orlando at Detroit The Pistons are really still underperforming and so are the Magic,the Magic were in that game untill the 3rd quarter in their last match and then just fell away,I think the Magic will compete well here and cover the total it's only 182.I would also rate the Magic as a small chance of an upset. Utah at Houston This match will be good,Utah were all over Houston in the first 2 quarters of game 1 but could'nt hit any more buckets,Mc'Grady was stone cold and then lit up in the 3rd and 4th.Houston have a bad playoff record but I think that win was huge for them and I can see them winning big and covering the 5 points as well as the total. Chelsea vs Liverpool Liverpool are noy great in the premiership on the road but in the CL they are almost perfect,Chelsea are truly not playing well and while I can see Liverpool winning this one,I sense a draw. Man U vs AC Milan I think Milan are going to lose this one and win and progress at home.Without Ronaldo due to his playing for Real Madrid he is not eligible for these matches,but with the Talent and history of this club they have more than enough Brazilians to cover for him:lol . Man U are great and I think they will win the first leg 2-1 with Milan taking it home to progress,I hope i've got who each home team is right. Any thoughts??

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Jumbo, I've been reading up on these forums the last couple of months but I'm a first time poster. Obviously it goes without saying, awesome picks over the last 24 hours! On your more recent picks I like your Detroit/Orlando over. Detroit D has just not been the force it used to be and Orlando have some decent offence on the inside. I see Detroit winning 101-96 so the over is a banker imo. Chelsea at home I would ususally take any day of the week but they have looked un-imaginative & one-dimensional and to back that up on Wednesday against a much tougher opponent is a nobrainer. Best bet here is the Liverpool +1 handicap which is paying 1.75 as Liverpool will take the draw Finally, I see Man United going down against Milan. Look at the history and traditionally English teams are weak against the sturdy Italian defensive play. Once again I see Milan playing for the draw, stacking the midfield to block the run and creativity of Ronaldo and Scholes. Taking it back home and chancing their arm. I'm leaning towards the +1 handicap on AC Milan I'll be staking $100 on the Milan/Liverpool handicap at $3.19

What!!Now no one wants to speak to me.Any thoughts on those matches I put up??
I don't know anything about hoops, sorry bro. For Chelsea v Liverpool, I would take Liverpool (0). Might be a bit biased but away from the Premiership Chelsea struggle against us. We won the charity shield, the FA Cup semi last year and the CL leg against them when we beat Milan on pens in Turkey. Also in the group stages of the CL last year both fixtures ended 0-0. I would consider: Liverpool Clean Sheet Under 1.5 Goals HT Score 0-0 Liverpool (0) For the Man Utd v Milan game, I think Milan have bigtime European experience and it showed at Allianz. If they can do the business against Ronaldo then Utd will IMO lack attacking thrust. 1-1 would probably be the most likely scoreline IMO with Milan too good on the return. I would consider, but with less confidence: HT Draw HT Score 0-0 Milan to Qualify