2007 world snooker championship.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Yeah, totally useless so far. The only ray of hope is that easy blue Allen missed for his first Crucible century so perhaps nerves will come into play later on. (I'm on the Murphy/Doherty double too btw)

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Well after going 4-0 down Doherty finally wins a frame and gets it back to 4-1. With four frames left to play in todays session, I think if Doherty doesnt win 3 of them them he could be in trouble. 5-4 down would be good going based on his performance so far. Saying that, given this performance, 6-3 down mightnt be too bad either. Sixth frame will be critical in my opinion.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Well Doherty has won the 6th frame and now trails 4-2. He's won 2 on the bounce, lets hope he can keep up the run and get this mini revival back on track. 3 frames left to play in this session. You'd have to settle for Doherty trailing 5-4 given his performance so far. Not really doing any break building and is winning scrappy frames. Come on Ken!!!

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. I wouldnt write Doherty off yet, but i think him winning four of the first 6 is an absolute must. If he can get it back to 8-7 down or better then he's in with a chance. I dont think he can play worse than he did today tho, he was truly awful. I've never seen him play poorly in two sessions so i'd expect the break to do him good. Hopefully he can take a 3-1 in the first session and claw his way back into the match.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Well, I'll admit to being out of touch with snooker this season, but this is a tournament where form only counts for so much. Experience, stamina and bottle is what counts when the WC hits town. I'm going to put a fairly chunky bet on Ebdon, a little disappointed with the price, but I know for a fact he has been knocking in 147's for fun in practice. You may say, 147's in practice is all well and good, but Willie Thorne did that, well Ebdon isn't WT, far from it. Ebdon loves this tournament and he has even said it to me on one occasion, that his whole season is geared and built up to this tournament and I think that shows every year. He has the stamina, he has the bottle and I've heard he's on fire. He obviously has Hendry in his quarter, but he knows how to beat him now, but of course that is never an easy task. 10pts Ebdon to win Outright @ 12.50 Betfair

Re: 2007 world snooker championship.

Shaun Murphy to beat Judd Trump +3.5 frames @ 2.1 Betfair Judd Trump is clearly a serious talent, but massively overhyped for his debut here. Murphy is a former winner, and loves it here and I believe he will win comfortably. The pressure may just be too much for the youngster.
Nice one Russ :clap :clap :clap

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. From what I saw off the game I think Trump became victim of doing too well. He's obviously an awesome potter of the ball but I think that was his downfall. It seemed like he started to believe he was invincible and that every pot he attempted was going to come off. As stated, clearly a great young talent but seems like he needs to learn when to play the safety more often.

From what I saw off the game I think Trump became victim of doing too well. He's obviously an awesome potter of the ball but I think that was his downfall. It seemed like he started to believe he was invincible and that every pot he attempted was going to come off. As stated, clearly a great young talent but seems like he needs to learn when to play the safety more often.
When Murphy was younger that was exactly what he was like but he's mellowed into a decent all round player. I'm sure Trump will do the same and he'll win multi world championships.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Very surprised and disapponted with Ken Doherty's performance losing 10-7 to Allen. His attitude after the match would question me whether he's got anything left to offer. The man didnt seem to be too unhappy and said he prepared as best he could. This twat could have been the world number one with a half decent performance at the tournament. I'll never back Doherty again after his attitude and interview afterwards. Shameful and a player definitely on the downward slope in my opinion. Sorry for after posting this but I've bet on Williams to beat Joe Swail at 1.61 on betfair. Delighted to see him lead 4-0, but pegged back to 4-4 and he should have lost the ninth frame but a mistake from Swail left Williams in and he nicked it to lead 5-4. Match finishes this evening so hopefully Willliams will complete the job. Also place a large bet on Higgins to beat Holt. Higgins can now reclaim the number one slot with a decent showing here. Again Holt I feel Higgins should be too strong and consistent. Mind you I thought the same would apply to Ken "TwatBoy" Doherty! Still price of 1.32 was taken.

Shaun Murphy to beat Judd Trump +3.5 frames @ 2.1 Betfair Judd Trump is clearly a serious talent, but massively overhyped for his debut here. Murphy is a former winner, and loves it here and I believe he will win comfortably. The pressure may just be too much for the youngster.
Nice one Russ :clap :clap :clap
:ok Cheers Kev. Trump is clearly a talent but, as WFTE says, thought he was invincible. Couldn't believe Murphy was still available at 1.5 on Betfair after the 1st session where he was 5-4 up:eek

Obviously a man who hasnt been following the snooker much 1967. Did u even see Doherty's interview afterwards???? Williams is 1.51 against Joe Swail leading 5-4 so i'm going to have an another nibble on him to win the match.
I'm not just saying this because Swail's about to go 6-5 up but 1.51 on Williams against anyone right now is an awful price least of all against someone who'd won 4 of the last 5 frames as it was then. Swail's beaten him here before and the way it's looking he'll beat him again. Just had a nibble on Swail at 2.20 :ok

I'm not just saying this because Swail's about to go 6-5 up but 1.51 on Williams against anyone right now is an awful price least of all against someone who'd won 4 of the last 5 frames as it was then. Swail's beaten him here before and the way it's looking he'll beat him again. Just had a nibble on Swail at 2.20 :ok
Snap:eek ....and furthermore, only 1 break over 50 from Williams.....that won't win you a match. C'mon Joe:ok

Snap:eek ....and furthermore, only 1 break over 50 from Williams.....that won't win you a match. C'mon Joe:ok
Swail leads for the 1st and only time to win 10-9 :ok A great match. If he plays like that Swail could take a few out here.
:nana Great comeback from Joe, played super snooker towards the end when the pressure was on.

Swail leads for the 1st and only time to win 10-9
:( looks like Stevens to carry Welsh hopes again then as Ryan Day has drawn Robertson 1st up who I can't see him beating. well done on your best russ + kev.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. A couple for tomorrow: Robertson v Day to be over 16.5 frames. This has the makings of a very good game and a tight one at that. Both attacking players who have the ability if not the best of draws to win this. Robertson twice a winner on the tour this year and Day provisionally just in the top 16 and gave Ronnie a great game last year. I can see this possibly even going to a 10-8 or 10-9 and I would not be sure which way. Carter to beat Hicks. It will be a low price so possibly the handicaps might be the best option but I really fancy Carter here. Hicks has done nothing this year apart from qualify whereas Carter who started of slowly has played better the last couple of tournaments. Hicks was dreadful last year against Davis in round one and unless he dramatically improves I cannot see past Carter here.

Obviously a man who hasnt been following the snooker much 1967. Did u even see Doherty's interview afterwards???? Williams is 1.51 against Joe Swail leading 5-4 so i'm going to have an another nibble on him to win the match.
Ouch gerrie, not been your week so far. Williams, Docherty and now Higgins? I hate to rub it in but id have picked out these 3 as potential upsets as those 3 players are strongly overpriced based on past glories that are very unlikely to come again. Michael Holt to beat Higgins at 3/1 is tempting me at the moment, if for no other reason than I think you're jinxed this week! (But also because I believe Higgins is way out of form - tho admittidly he could recapture it, I dont think he has the mental energy for the world championships anymore)

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. gerrie, It infuriates me too when I see interviews like that, but you have to just bite your tongue and move on. Doherty is a strange player, world class one second, then beaten by a nobody the next, he's class but infuriating too. One of the reasons I backed Ebdon is because you know he's going to give it everything, he's physically fit and he will have planned his preparation for the WC to perfection, that's hard to say about anyone else in the field.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Well at last Higgins did the business today. In the second round only a few match satches the eye. It goes without saying that Murphy will annihilate Parrott, but the odds this morning were 1.13 on betfair, nows he's 4-0 up so probably 1.01 already!!!! hahahaah O'Sullivan I believe wll be should be too strong for Neil Robertson although Robertson did show good solid play against Day. Might u Day is muck generally. The price on O'Sullivan however isnt great. I believe he will win easily enough maybe 13-7 or 13-6 something like that. The other match I really fancy and following on from Paul Ross posting is Ebdon to beat Selby. Edbon is priced around the 4/7 to win the match and consider Ebdon seems so so up for this tournament I can see him getting past a tricky opponent like Mark Selby. Selby did beat Stephen Lee in the first round so I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on this one. I was expecting Ebdon to be around 1.40 at best. I think i will back Ebdon in this match and will continue to back him til the semi's at least.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. I'm on Ebdon. Mentally extremely tough, although Nigel Bond gave him a rough time. Can't read too much into Selby - Lee had a few personal problems coming into this tournament, I gather. Don't know if I can be bothered for the 1.08 for Murphy but it's clear in my mind the result here. I think Parrott knows that all the bantering helps him. Murphy will realise this; I think it'll be plain sailing for him tommorow.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Stephen Maguire did very well to beat a tough player in Joe Perry 10-3 in round 1. he showed some of the form which won him the UK champs a couple fo years back in some style. Joe Swail edged out 2 times champ Mark Williams 10-9 but Williams has not been himself for the last couple of seasons and I expect Maguire will be more switched on. Maguire should win this comfortably and as an agressive player he has the capability to blow Swail away. Stephen Maguire -2.5 @10/11 (Paddy Power)

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. I am going for a couple of shocks in round two. Firstly I was very impressed with Carter in the first round whereas Hendry really stuggled with his new cue and despite winning I feel looks vulnerable. Carter beat Hendry in the Welsh Open this year and also gave him a great game in the UK a few years back and I feel he is a bit too big at best price 6/4. I also feel Selby is a touch of value against Ebdon. Ebdon is a very tough guy to beat and it will be a big test of Selby's credentials to do so. However Selby can beat the big names as he proved against Higgins last year and he came back very well against Lee in round 1 from 5-0 down. I definitely feel he will give Ebdon a good game so he might be a good bet on the handicap and I would not be surprised to see him progress into the quarter finals.

Re: 2007 world snooker championship. Carter to be ahead after the first eight frames @ 3/1 seems overpriced to me, I can see him winning the session 5 - 3 or the like - Hendry's not playing well at the moment but I do fancy Hendry for the match.