** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dubai World Cup

Fook Cheltenham Fook the National this is my Baby. Real Horses :lol home.jpgThe Boys in Blue WILL be Back. Just watch my baby leave EVERYTHING in its wake. Trust me this thing is a flying machine. Nothing will beat it. If it had wings it would fly :lol:lol:lol:lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dubai World Cup Stan James now have: Invasor 5/4 Discreet Cat 6/4 Was watching some of his videos last night, he does look very impressive. Does look like he could get stuck in the pack before he makes his move though, his pace in the home run is just amazing though. Taking those odds quite happily now :D

Re: Dubai World Cup

G/luck to you Carl' date=' but Invasor to chew up the Cat and spit him out this time! Twice the horse he was last year. ;) :ok[/quote'] :lol we shall see, The only thing about frankies style of riding means he could run into trouble mid-way. He usually runs on the inside rail and then tries to drift out and get a clear run down the middle. A few times my heart has been in my mouth but such a turn of foot I doubt theres many that can catch D.C on a clear run.

Re: Dubai World Cup The number of times godolphin runners drift is unreal. They open up early doors nigh on Fav due to the connections more than anything and for some reason the go on the drift but at the end of the day we are talking about 'The Best Horse' Godolphin currently own.

Re: Dubai World Cup Will definitely take some of the 6/4 then, hopefully might get him down to 2-1 to throw the rest on Was looking through youtube at his races, there's 5 full races there, i think i must've watched each one about 20 times, jaw drops each time when he's on the home straight :notworthy In his debut he was racing against "Flying Pegasus", i think that name might suit him more :D

Re: Dubai World Cup Some info on The Cat. http://www.ntra.com/stats_bios.aspx?id=17460 Strengths: Has annihilated every field he's faced at age two and three, including Invasor in the Grade 2 UAE Derby this spring. Effortless ease in the lane despite lightening early speed. Weaknesses: Hard to knock a horse 5-for-5 with an average winning margin of just under 7 lengths. Has yet to race a traditional two-turn affair in the US and could be limited as a spectacular miler or middle-distance star, though he gets distance from his mother's side. In The Genes: Sire, Forestry, was a top sprinter and middle-distance runner, and beaten favorite in the 1999 Sprint. He won the King's Bishop and Dwyer at 3 and was third in the Haskell. He's best known for producing fast sprinters like Forest Danger and Smokey Glacken. Dam, Pretty Discreet, won the 10-furlong Alabama. Bet You Didn't Know: Ghostzapper is the only horse to win the Breeders' Cup Classic in his first attempt at 1-1/4 miles. While current and future standouts populate the six World Cup races, the night's most anticipated matchup comes in the $6 million World Cup itself, where Discreet Cat, who never has lost a race in six starts, takes on Invasor, who has lost only one of 11. http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=24272 Discreet Cat and Premium Tap pleased connections in major Middle East workouts this weekend, two weeks before their clash with Horse of the Year Invasor in the $6 million Dubai World Cup on March 31. Discreet Cat, in what trainer Saeed bin Suroor termed his final serious gallop before the World Cup, worked a mile at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday in 1:38. Frankie Dettori rated the undefeated Cigar Mile winner three lengths behind workmate Count Trevisio, a 4-year-old handicapper, cruised up alongside at the three-sixteenths pole, and drew off under wraps. "This was his main work before the Dubai World Cup, so it was very pleasing to see that," Suroor said. "He has taken everything in his stride and we're firmly on course. He will have one more blowout at around five furlongs and that will be it." "It was a nice even gallop and he finished really strong," Dettori said. "We're only two weeks away now, so the gloves are off. Bring it on!" Doubts were raised about Discreet Cat's participation in the big race when he was scratched with a fever from the Burj Nahar at Nad Al Sheba on March 1. Suroor has no doubts about the World Cup, however. The trainer also revealed that Folk, winner of both the UAE 1000 Guineas and the UAE Oaks in the colors of Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, would fly the flag for Godolphin in the UAE Derby and her meeting with Asiatic Boy.

Re: Dubai World Cup Im not saying this is a simple case of DC turning up and winning. Anything can go wrong in-running of course so please dont blame me IF something does go wrong but Ive followed this horse for nearly 18 months now and being a big Godolphin fan myself its my favourite horse so far. As you say on the home straight his pace is frightening.

Im not saying this is a simple case of DC turning up and winning. Anything can go wrong in-running of course so please dont blame me IF something does go wrong but Ive followed this horse for nearly 18 months now and being a big Godolphin fan myself its my favourite horse so far. As you say on the home straight his pace is frightening.
Of course, no bet is ever guaranteed, looking at his past races though ill gladly back him. If he's within a few lengths turning home it'll be worth it just to see how much of a race he makes of it :hope

invasor_nadwork510.jpg Carl, Just thought you would like to get aquainted with the view D/C will have of Invasor come Saturday night. :lol ;)
:lol:lol This is all that Invasor will see Saturday night. Dust%20Cloud%20Approaches%20Birdsville%20Bedourie%20Road.jpg Frankie washed changed and in his suit by the time Invasor crosses the line. Invasor only been beat once.................................. who was it that beat it:unsure ;)

Re: Dubai World Cup Discreet Cat in Stall 1, Invasor in Stall 7... as far apart as possible. Frankie won from Stall 1 with Electrocutionist last year, so no worries there, and this year is a smaller field. I don't really think the draw will have that much of an impact on Saturday tbh, and I cannot wait to see Discreet Cat speed up down the home straight again, a total machine. 6/4 is a steal, really think he has the chance to hose up...

Re: Dubai World Cup "So far he's done really well but what he's going to be like on the night, I don't know," he said. "I haven't ridden him (in a race) since last year but he's done extremely well over the winter, he's trained well, he's fit and we're looking forward to the challenge." He added: "We have a plan but we'll have to see what happens in the stalls on the day. Every World Cup is different and we ride the race according to the circumstances. We haven't got a plan set in stone, so we'll see how it works out. "But he's a true champion, you cannot fail to be excited when you ride him, and he's strengthened up since last year." A rematch with 2006 US Horse of the Year Invasor, whom Discreet Cat blitzed by seven lengths in the UAE Derby last year, has proved the main focus for many. But Dettori stressed it was not just a two-horse race, with Clive Brittain's Kandidate and American five-year-old Premium Tap among the challengers in the seven-strong field, the smallest ever to contest a Dubai World Cup. "This year's race is a better race than last year," he added. "There's three dirt champions (including Premium Tap) and it's going to be a great race to watch. "It's a small but select field, there's some very good horses, it is the World Cup and everybody's there to win. We're taking nothing for granted, the horses are there in their own right and we have to respect them - as to what happens on the night, we'll have to see. "Invasor's the champion, he's won the Breeders' Cup Classic and take nothing away from him, but we're very pleased with our horse, he's done nothing wrong, he's unbeaten, preparations have gone well, and we're going to go out there positive and give it a go." from ATR.

"But Dettori stressed it was not just a two-horse race' date= with Clive Brittain's Kandidate and American five-year-old Premium Tap among the challengers in the seven-strong field, the smallest ever to contest a Dubai World Cup. "This year's race is a better race than last year," he added. "There's three dirt champions (including Premium Tap) and it's going to be a great race to watch. "It's a small but select field, there's some very good horses, it is the World Cup and everybody's there to win. We're taking nothing for granted, the horses are there in their own right and we have to respect them - as to what happens on the night, we'll have to see." from ATR.
:loon An interesting thread but the best thing you can do with hype horses is lay them, lay them and lay them some more, expecially when there's two in the same high class race. Surely there must be some logic for Sporting Life to give Kandidate a 5* rating, Discreet Cat and Invasor just 1*. I'm laying them both for combined odds of around 1.25 (dutching the rest of the field to win gives about 4.55). So come on the outsiders!!! :loon

Re: Dubai World Cup Fancied Premium Tap and then heard comments about how it wasn't quite right when beaten by Invasor and trainer thinks it can reverse form. Ready last time out, back to it's best and ready tonight. If they go at a crawl and then sprint Discreet Cat will win, if it's a true stamina test over 1m2f it might not get home. Invasor is too short for me, obviously has a great chance but I think Premium Tap is overpriced at 7-1 and have had a nice ew bet on that instead. :hope