** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dubai World Cup

Re: Dubai World Cup if that race does not show how crooked the world of racing is, then there is no hope. how can two horses in Discreet Cat @ Dubai, and Black jack ketchum @ cheltenham run races as poorly as they did. makes you think doesn't it. and im saying this without losing any money on them at all.:lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dubai World Cup I think it was a shocking tactical decision rather than a terrible jockeys choice but Discreet Cat was settled last place, got all the kickback from the dirt, never quickened like it has previously and finished bang last. Also got stuck in behind horses. It needed to be up with the pace and given a chance to quicken on the home straight, left it with too much to do. Premium Tap ran a good race but helped set up the finish for Invasor, which was different class, a true champion. Premium Tap battled back well and showed a really good attitude but Invasor was going away at the end and got the trip fine. Dettori looks gutted :cry I'm sure he'll make it up for it through the season, he's a top man and he'll win some top races.

Re: Dubai World Cup

if that race does not show how crooked the world of racing is, then there is no hope. how can two horses in Discreet Cat @ Dubai, and Black jack ketchum @ cheltenham run races as poorly as they did. and im saying this without losing any money on them at all.
Ridiculous comment.

if that race does not show how crooked the world of racing is, then there is no hope. how can two horses in Discreet Cat @ Dubai, and Black jack ketchum @ cheltenham run races as poorly as they did. makes you think doesn't it. and im saying this without losing any money on them at all.:lol
Nothing bent about that race. Discreet Cat is a world class sprinter, not a world class middle distance horse

Re: Dubai World Cup Ithink they draw got the better of him and also maybe the problems at the start withthe horse not going in that stall? I dunno Im not making excuses but Im gutted as I put the biggest ever in life on that @ 6/4. Ah well something must have gone wrong but I for one will keep following it as I know its a class horse

Ithink they draw got the better of him and also maybe the problems at the start withthe horse not going in that stall? I dunno Im not making excuses but Im gutted as I put the biggest ever in life on that @ 6/4. Ah well something must have gone wrong but I for one will keep following it as I know its a class horse
I'm sorry you lost big on the Cat mate. I think stable is just completely wrong at present. No shows from any Godolphin horses today. Just look how badly Folk performed earlier on first run for stable. Your Cat will have his day again.:ok

Just watch my baby leave EVERYTHING in its wake. Trust me this thing is a flying machine. Nothing will beat it. If it had wings it would fly Doesnt this comment strike you as fooking laughable Carl:ok :nana :moon .
fook off you knob.

Im not saying this is a simple case of DC turning up and winning. Anything can go wrong in-running of course so please dont blame me IF something does go wrong but Ive followed this horse for nearly 18 months now and being a big Godolphin fan myself its my favourite horse so far. As you say on the home straight his pace is frightening.
scarface1975Just watch my baby leave EVERYTHING in its wake. Trust me this thing is a flying machine. Nothing will beat it. If it had wings it would fly Doesnt this comment strike you as fooking laughable Carl
Most of the comments about Discreet Cat have been from Carl, he's passionate about the horse, gutted that it lost and I think saying his comments are laughable is just rubbing his nose in it and not very good etiquette to be honest. If it had been put in a position to quicken and have a chance of winning the race it would have given more credibility to the race and the other 2 horses in 1st and 2nd. I'd have liked to have seen a 3 horse finish, maybe something is wrong with Discreet Cat, there were question marks over it (temperature etc) before the race and it's better than it showed tonight. I felt it might get the trip but running in that way gave it no chance, i'll keep an eye on it. Gutted that you lost a lot of money on it Carl, don't like to see any punters losing cash and certainly won't be gloating about it.

Re: Dubai World Cup Look Alex you'd have loved the congratulations had the "machine" won, it lost who cares, just take it on the chin. If like Carl you actually write an essay on the horse if it loses then you're in for some ribbing that's what forums are all about, you take the rough with the smooth.

I'm sorry you lost big on the Cat mate. I think stable is just completely wrong at present. No shows from any Godolphin horses today. Just look how badly Folk performed earlier on first run for stable. Your Cat will have his day again.:ok
cheers mate:ok Scarface take note.

Yeah no need to be like that Scarface. I was having a bit of fun with Carl in here earlier this week. But i'm just happy to win. No need to antagonise anyone .
Agree totally, had a good laugh at the banter between the two of you :) Magyar has shown class in his respectful comments and comiserations after the race. Noone wants to heavily back a horse, lose, and then have someone having a go at him.

Re: Dubai World Cup Nothing wrong with a bit of banter BEFORE the race but rubbing peoples nose in it is not what PL is all about. Yeah I did post a lot about it and TBH after my first post a few people seen it run via you-tube and was equally impressed. Yeah you do take the rough with the smooth but do I rub peoples nose in it when I tip up winner after wiiner on this forum NO.

I shall fook off you bad losers' date=' just made a comment about laughable comments and then carls starts swearing. Sounds like a bad gambler to me.[/quote'] You'd expect comments like this from a 13 year old, but a 31 year old?

I shall fook off you bad losers' date=' just made a comment about laughable comments and then carls starts swearing. Sounds like a bad gambler to me.[/quote'] I'm sure you'd be most welcome here but that attitude certainly isn't. Shall we start moaning at anyone who puts a tip up and it loses too? I thought you'd given some good contributions lately scarface but that attitude makes you look like a knob. :spank

Any word with what went wrong with DC?? I saw the race and thought the horse didn't look right, a bit too quiet in the stalls while they were try to get the last one in. :unsure
I noticed this also, he was very calm in the stalls. Looked pretty relaxed with Franky just sitting back on him, while all the others looked pretty energetic & moving around alot. Didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

Re: Dubai World Cup Just found this on http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/media/press_show.asp?news_id=344

Frank Dettori – Discreet Cat – “I am very disappointed. I don’t know what to say, I don’t know if he didn’t stay or if there was some other reason. He was beaten a long way and I can’t tell you why.” Simon Crisford, racing manager - Discreet Cat - “Discreet Cat has run way below form - I don’t know why. He was never going a yard - it was a big surprise to us but that’s racing. We will give him some time out now and then get him back to America. It was very disappointing but all the good champions get beaten at some point and he will be back.” Saeed bin Suroor - trainer – Discreet Cat “It doesn’t look like Discreet Cat stays the distance and we will drop him back to a mile. It was a disappointing performance tonight and we will see how the horse comes out of the race before making firm plans.”

Any word with what went wrong with DC?? I saw the race and thought the horse didn't look right, a bit too quiet in the stalls while they were try to get the last one in. :unsure
I noticed this also' date=' he was very calm in the stalls. Looked pretty relaxed with Franky just sitting back on him, while all the others looked pretty energetic & moving around alot. Didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.[/quote'] I watched that also and have recorded it for further viewing and when I seen the horse not entering the stalls right there I knew DC didn't look comfortable. Anyone seen the stalls shake as if the stubborn horse kicked the stalls? That must be off putting for a young horse who lets face it has only run 7 races in its career. Electrocutionist last year was more experience and whilst I know everything started smoothly last year I just have a feeling that he would have handled this years disturbances better. He (DC) didn't get the break and whilst Frankie always rides close to the rail then move to the outside DC just didn't look comfortable travelling. End of the day it got beat by a quality horse but to finish last raise some questions, I would have understood more if it was a case of getting beat fair and square but the most frustrating thing is I know for fact DC is better than what we have seen tonight. Ah well that's cricket for ya.