** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dubai World Cup

Re: Dubai World Cup

Look Alex you'd have loved the congratulations had the "machine" won' date=' it lost who cares, just take it on the chin. If like Carl you actually write an essay on the horse if it loses then you're in for some ribbing that's what forums are all about, you take the rough with the smooth.[/quote'] Errrrrrr NO. Of all the comments you have made this one has infuriated me the most and it has made me feel as if you are a 13 year old rather than 31. If you think that is what forums are about I dont have a clue where you have gotten that from. Ok lets split this up "Look Alex you'd have loved the congratulations had the "machine" won" Yes obviously what is wrong with that ?? "it lost who cares" Well the people that back it are obviously going to care and if this is the case are you saying IF the result had been the other way round you would have said to yourself "Invasor lost, who cares - not me, even though I put a lot of money on it" "just take it on the chin." We are taking it on the chin, we are just dissapointed with the horses performance. "If like Carl you actually write an essay on the horse" Surely this isnt a bad thing - he shared his knowledge and his feeling so he could help other members of PL. If it had won it would have been a completely different story. I haven't been here long compared to some on here but I have been here long enough to know that Carl goes out of his way to share tips with other members of PL and I, for one, am very grateful for this and I do not believe in blaming him for is tip losing. "if it loses then you're in for some ribbing that's what forums are all about, you take the rough with the smooth." Rough with the smooth yes but someone should not be ribbed for a losing tip with big, very important write ups that show his dedication. I also backed Discreet Cat to quite big amounts, partly due to Carl's write up's but I chose to back it after its winning form against Invasor over a mile. I genuinely think that Discreet Cat IS a better horse than Invasor even over 1m 2f and he just didnt show his true colours today. Maybe due to stable form ?? Whatever happened tonight: DISCREET CAT IS STILL A TOP CLASS HORSE - NO ARGUMENTS. HOwever, on the night Invasor won fair and square so well done all backers - he fought on to beat off the game Premium Tap who ran a superb race. :ok :ok

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Dubai World Cup havnt read most of the comments the past page but jst my comments on this. This watched this don't no what what happened to discreet cat there who I have fancied for the past year for this race but he was beaten imo by the better horse on the day. Invasor has proved himselef as the best 1m2 dirth horse today. All I can say is bring on the BREEDERS CUP CLASSIC!!!! :nana:loon

End of the day it got beat by a quality horse but to finish last raise some questions, I would have understood more if it was a case of getting beat fair and square but the most frustrating thing is I know for fact DC is better than what we have seen tonight. Ah well that's cricket for ya.
Just before the turn to the home straight, it did look like he was making a move on the outside, but fell back pretty quickly. You see this? Maybe a kickback of dirt? Or a slight bump from another horse? They were pretty tightly packed coming into the corner. The camera angle did change just after it so cant be too sure what it was.
I also backed Discreet Cat to quite big amounts, partly due to Carl's write up's but I chose to back it after its winning form against Invasor over a mile. I genuinely think that Discreet Cat IS a better horse than Invasor even over 1m 2f and he just didnt show his true colours today. Maybe due to stable form ?? Whatever happened tonight: DISCREET CAT IS STILL A TOP CLASS HORSE - NO ARGUMENTS.
In the same boat and agree fully with the fact that he still is a top class horse. Id still like to thank Carl for the tip, great writeup & through watching his past performances i strongly fancied him also. He'll bounce right back and we'll all get our money back with interest :ok

Id still like to thank Carl for the tip, great writeup & through watching his past performances i strongly fancied him also. He'll bounce right back and we'll all get our money back with interest :ok
No better words to sum up this thread.. :ok:ok:ok

Re: Dubai World Cup :clap well done guys for the support and making what a great forum we are. and thanks to: Jimany Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimany viewpost.gif Id still like to thank Carl for the tip, great writeup & through watching his past performances i strongly fancied him also. He'll bounce right back and we'll all get our money back with interest :ok
I was just wondering, Ive watched it again (the race) and did anyone see the interview with Frankie before hand? He mentions that fact how he's grown ie got bigger over the last year or so. Obviously he's now a 4yr old and I was wondering if this had an impact of his performance? Id like to see the difference in his weight from last year to this year. Can it make a difference to a horse? Does a horse thats just filling his frame needs time to adapt to the increase in weight?

Re: Dubai World Cup From the RP.

Frankie Dettori was understandably disappointed by the below par performance of Discreet Cat who trailed in last of the seven runners. He said: “I was beaten even before they turned in for home. He didn't like the kickback so in the last furlong I just sat up.”

Re: Dubai World Cup At least there is an explanation, From Sportinglife A thorough examination has revealed a medical reason for Discreet Cat's under-par performance in the Dubai World Cup. Godolphin's star four-year-old was hugely disappointing when finishing last of seven runners behind Invasor in the 10-furlong feature. He was never really travelling in the Nad Al Sheba contest but vets have pinpointed a throat problem as a likely reason for his no-show. A statement on the Godolphin website said: "Following Discreet Cat's disappointing performance in the Dubai World Cup last night, he has undergone a complete veterinary check at Al Quoz Stables on Sunday morning. "This included an endoscopic examination of his respiratory tract, which revealed an obstructive granulomatous mass within his throat, in addition to significant swelling of the underlying throat wall, as a result of an infective process. "In the opinion of the Godolphin veterinary surgeons, this would have affected his performance, firstly by physically obstructing the airflow into his throat and lungs, and secondly by causing him significant discomfort. "He is now undergoing appropriate treatment and assessments." Discreet Cat had previously notched up an unbeaten run of six races, including the Grade One Cigar Mile at Aqueduct last November.

Re: Dubai World Cup Forgive me if i seem a bit cynical with my opinion. Reading through the medical report i have to wonder how such a problem was not noted prior to the race. Now i'm no expert and stand to be corrected. Surely the horse would have shown some signs of such a problem before the race? Listening to the vibes from Godolphin before the off i got the impression that they were resigned to being beaten. Frankie was quite subdued i thought. Now the cynic in me wonders if Discreet Cat was allowed to run in order to keep up the hype of the clash with Invasor, and in turn the attention of the racing world on what is Dubai's showcase race. As i say i stand to be corrected and its only a thought.

Forgive me if i seem a bit cynical with my opinion. Reading through the medical report i have to wonder how such a problem was not noted prior to the race. Now i'm no expert and stand to be corrected. Surely the horse would have shown some signs of such a problem before the race? Listening to the vibes from Godolphin before the off i got the impression that they were resigned to being beaten. Frankie was quite subdued i thought. Now the cynic in me wonders if Discreet Cat was allowed to run in order to keep up the hype of the clash with Invasor, and in turn the attention of the racing world on what is Dubai's showcase race. As i say i stand to be corrected and its only a thought.
Yeah I agree with your post, surely something like this would have been found earlier but as you say someone had the influence and pressure to run him. The main thing is tho they found a problem and no boubt will get the best care to make a full recovery so we can get our money back next time out.

Re: Dubai World Cup On a side note here; Just got a text off a buddy, saying that Invasor has failed a drug test. He quoted from paddypower;

Due to the failed drug test of Invasor, Paddy Power are refunding all losing bets on the Dubai World Cup market
Haven't been able to find a news story on the net yet to back this up. Anyone can confirm?

On a side note here; Just got a text off a buddy, saying that Invasor has failed a drug test. He quoted from paddypower; Haven't been able to find a news story on the net yet to back this up. Anyone can confirm?
Argh!!! :@ Just rang me and asked me what date it was, silly me :lol:lol:lol

Re: Dubai World Cup I was gutted about Descreet Cat, thought it was nailed on but surley they must check these horses before the race and something must of been a miss when he was working in the run up to the race. It just shows that a Goldolphin horse is just that....a horse to them. It'll be nice to see Invasor at Ascot this year.

• 5 months later...

Re: Dubai World Cup Discreet Cat will run in the Vosburgh Stakes this weekend after pleasing connections in a workout on Monday. Godolphin's four-year-old has recovered from a throat abscess that was responsible for his poor showing in the Dubai World Cup in March. :hope

Re: Dubai World Cup yeah, read this morning that Saeed said it was too short for it as really it needs a mile minimum the longer it goes the better TBH. at least its blown some cobwebs away and should come on for that run. Still its not good form figures when you look and the number of 1's in its career.