Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA)

EventAlexander Waske - Kevin Kim
SelectionKevin Kim
Strength4/10
Date19/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 2.66 (Back)
ReasoningWaske is overrated here, playing absolutely nothing last couple of weeks. He never played in Miami. This year he lost in first rounds in AO, IW, Zagreb and Chennai. Although he reached semi in Wolfsburg, there is nothing to be proud of. He had beaten Prpic (244), Kamke (358), Adaktusson (338), and lost to Haase (152). Kim also don't have good year. Losts in first rounds in Bogota, Acapulco, Memphis, San Jose, Waikoloa, Sydney, AO. So why do I back him? Well, Last two years he reached 2nd round in Miami and he is American, so the croud will be also backing him. Maybe calss difference isn't so big, but I see a great value in Kim @2.66.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPaszek - Zakopalova
SelectionPaszek
Strength10/10
Date19/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetway @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningPaszek should take this one easily.She is very talented young player and she is just beginning her career in WTA.But at this moment I can say that she can be a top 20 player or maybe even top 10 in the future.On hard she is playing great tennis.She won against Srebotnik in straight sets at Dubai and in the second round she gave nice fight to Henin winning one set and almost winning the whole match.She is just 16 years old and she already has one tournament won.She has great potential.Zakopalova without any great results this year.She is playing mainly in qualies and losing in 1st rounds.She is in pretty poor form.Any other result than Paszek win will be huge surprise for me.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventNorman - Sela
SelectionSela
Strength10/10
Date19/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBet1128 @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningI don't know if this bookie is crazy or what ??? They have Sela as underdog while other bookies are giving slighty advantage to Sela.Hard record is in favour for Sela.Norman isn't playing anything great this year.His best result was last week at Bogota challenger where he made SF on clay.It will be hard for him to adjust to hard and he said he is focusing mainly on Mexico City challenger next week and he has even airplane ticket booked for thursday so he is not even thinking that he can advance to the main draw.Sela is not some great player but he is playing average tennis on hard and he should give Norman good fight.These odds are just crazy for me.Clear value I believe.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventG. Canas - T. Alves
SelectionT. Alves
Strength1/10
Date20/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningWell, there is one main reason for this pick. Canas, even if he will loose, will advance to the main draw of the tournament, cause he is number one seed in qualies. That fact can make him play not for 100% of his abilities, to take some rest before round one. And this is the chance for Alves. Personally, I don't give Alves more than 12 - 18%, nevertheless I see quite nice value here.

EventIvo Karlovic vs Frank Dancevic
SelectionFrank Dancevic
Strength10/10
Date20/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningIvo Karlovic still seems to be struggling with the knee injury he got after reaching the finals and last week he injured his ankle. Excellent opportunity for Dancevic to get the win here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventG. Canas - T. Alves
SelectionT. Alves
Strength1/10
Date20/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningWell, there is one main reason for this pick. Canas, even if he will loose, will advance to the main draw of the tournament, cause he is number one seed in qualies. That fact can make him play not for 100% of his abilities, to take some rest before round one. And this is the chance for Alves. Personally, I don't give Alves more than 12 - 18%, nevertheless I see quite nice value here.
Who has pulled out of the main draw please?:unsure

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMartic - Jidkova
SelectionMartic
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.52 (Back)
ReasoningI don't know why Jidkova is such strong favourite here.She is 248 in ranking and she is playing against Martic who is very talented youngster and is one of the top juniors in the world.Jidkova last performances are just pathetic.Last week at Orange USA she losed against Johansson who is nr434 and has awesome hard court record 2-10 in the last four years :) Jidkova is winning only against much poorer players in challengers and qualies and at WTA level she is just awfull.She is probably thinking about ending her career as she is playing less matches every year.Only advantage for Jidkova here which I see is her experience.I'm with Martic here.Great odds against poor Jidkova.With a bit of luck she can take it.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMonaco - Haase
SelectionHaase
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.11 (Back)
ReasoningMonaco is typical clay courter.He won Buenos Aires tournament but after that he has three straight loses.In previous two years he had awfull atp hard record 1-7 and 3-7.He is playing mainly on clay and I don't see him as a favourite here.It also seems that he is in a little downtrend now.Haase made a good impression on me when I was watching him at Rotterdam.This guy has a great potential.He likes fast surfaces and he already played here in qualies.Two easy wins against Sanguinetti and Sela.Maybe after tough match but I believe that Haase will win this one.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMartic - Jidkova
SelectionMartic
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.52 (Back)
ReasoningI don't know why Jidkova is such strong favourite here.She is 248 in ranking and she is playing against Martic who is very talented youngster and is one of the top juniors in the world.Jidkova last performances are just pathetic.Last week at Orange USA she losed against Johansson who is nr434 and has awesome hard court record 2-10 in the last four years :) Jidkova is winning only against much poorer players in challengers and qualies and at WTA level she is just awfull.She is probably thinking about ending her career as she is playing less matches every year.Only advantage for Jidkova here which I see is her experience.I'm with Martic here.Great odds against poor Jidkova.With a bit of luck she can take it.
u have to be kidding mate!!!i cant belive u wrote this:spank,as i croat never heard for martic,she is 1133 mate...jiskova should win this match with her eyes closed...this one is a bank...max bet od jidkova:welcome

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) lol...I remember when Suziki ranked like 1500 almost kicked Federers ass in Tokyo last year....rankings mean nuttin....

EventIvo Karlovic - Guillermo Garcia Lopez
SelectionGuillermo Garcia Lopez
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningI dont know how Karlovic managed to win yesterday but I guess it was because Dancevic was more f##ed up than him. Last time these two met it was tight as hell and karlovic was then the winner but Lopez has excellent chance for revenge today.
EventDanai Udomchoke - Simon Greul
SelectionDanai Udomchoke
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningNot much to say, Greul appears to be a loser and the only win worth to mention he has so far this year is against a tired Kendirick who practiccly handed him the win. If udomchoke doesn't clown around he should have too much talent for Greul.
EventIgor Andreev - Sam Querrey
SelectionIgor Andreev
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningAndreev have kicked "hard-servers" asses before and I can't see why he shouldn't kick Querrys as-well. Andreev is the more talented player here and the price is just excellent.
EventRobby Ginepri - Vincent Spadea
SelectionRobby Ginepri
Strength10/10
Date22/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningExcept for Nadal in the final Ginepri was the only one close to kick Djokovics butt in IW and even Djokovic admitted that after the match. If Ginepri can repeat his form from IW Spadea shouldn't cause him too much troubles.

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) here are my picks ,i picked them by watching the form and raiting -4,5/Jidkova - Martić jidkova to win 1,8 -5,5/Shaughnessy - Larcherde Shaughnessy to win 1,8 -3,5/Goldstein - Sweeting goldstein to win 1,8:welcome

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMonaco - Haase
SelectionHaase
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.11 (Back)
ReasoningMonaco is typical clay courter.He won Buenos Aires tournament but after that he has three straight loses.In previous two years he had awfull atp hard record 1-7 and 3-7.He is playing mainly on clay and I don't see him as a favourite here.It also seems that he is in a little downtrend now.Haase made a good impression on me when I was watching him at Rotterdam.This guy has a great potential.He likes fast surfaces and he already played here in qualies.Two easy wins against Sanguinetti and Sela.Maybe after tough match but I believe that Haase will win this one.
It seems to be a wise pick. And according to http://www.valuechecker.co.uk/stats_1598836.htm everything above 1,95 is a valuebet, while 2,29 above for Monaco:
I will go this one as well. Good luck:hope

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) Any thoughts on Bolelli - Monfils. Again http://www.valuechecker.co.uk/ gives the edge to Bolelli. However, the bookmakers do not agree:

Bolelli v Monfils: Match Result
Wednesday 21 March 2007 - 16:00 GMT
Bolelli, S:bg_a(0,125993929,10,3,0)'>4.33:bg_a(0,125991420,59,20,1)'>3.95:bg_a(0,126014315,333,100,1)'>4.33:bg_a(0,125998113,10,3,0)'>4.33:bg_a(0,126000750,153,50,1)'>4.06:bg_a(0,126005420,5,2,0)'>3.5:bg_a(0,126006909,3,1,0)'>4:bg_a(0,126008920,3,1,0)'>4:bg_a(0,126010484,100,30,0)'>4.33:bg_a(0,126007540,11,4,1)'>3.75:bg_a(0,125989705,31,10,1)'>4.1
Monfils, G:bg_a(0,125993930,1,5,0)'>1.2:bg_a(0,125991421,1,5,1)'>1.2:bg_a(0,126014316,1,5,1)'>1.2:bg_a(0,125998114,1,5,0)'>1.2:bg_a(0,126000751,21,100,1)'>1.21:bg_a(0,126005421,1,4,0)'>1.25:bg_a(0,126006910,2,9,0)'>1.22:bg_a(0,126008921,1,5,0)'>1.2:bg_a(0,126010485,2,11,0)'>1.18:bg_a(0,126007539,1,4,1)'>1.25:bg_a(0,125989706,31,100,1)'>1.31
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged."> Best price percentage: 100%, bookies only: 104%

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) yes it is fresh in my mind ,Federer admitted " i was lucky to win" -Federer after the clash in Tokyo when Susuki or sonething was so near to win in tie break as for martic, is strange isnt it? to be one of top juniors in the world and still unknown in her country, however, i dont know her,since i am not junior scouter.so i dont know if she is really a top junior,perhaps she is,perhaps not.no opinion here.