Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA)

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) Shahar Peer won mate :beer strange game that one indeed, shahar was leading the second set 4-2 after a break but lost to 6-4!, then in third set she was down 0-3, but came back and won 6-3! women drive me crazy mate generally my pick was succesfull and great one, coz i strongly beleive on that young tiger from israel,i described her as the future top wta tour along with tatiana golovin, they have to forget it though at the moment,since serena williams is back! i go now out for some beers to celebrate my win, i will study the big match of the fourth round Nadal v Del Potro, and i will come here with opinion have a nice evening all

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) I'm just warning you I do not think it is smart to bet against Andy Roddick today. Ferrer is in good form but on hard courts since Roddick has joined up with Connors he has been incredibly solid. Ferrer beat Roddick here last year but that was when Andy was playing like shit. I highly highly doubt Ferrer can repeat against Roddick, especially in Miami.

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA)

Sorry mate but I was out at cinema and I couldn't post a reply to your post.But Peer is winning at the moment so it is fine for now.She already won once against Kuznetsova so why shouldn't she do it once again. Falla was just awfull today.I don't know how he won against Haas.Lots of ue.He was terrible at returns and Stepanek's serve.He played like he wouldn't have any forehand plays.He was playing backhands all the time.But Chela did his job and Canas won 1st set so this two can do some profit for me.Hope Canas will win. Another big surprise was Delic.This guy really knows how to play tennis and he as great today.Great serve, backhand and forehand.He was making some errors but who is not :) At some moment of the game at betfair there was 30.0 price for his win :D Niceeee.Pity I didn't played it :( btw. 300 is a great movie :) edit: ohhh and I forgot that Garbin won against Radwanska.Pity that I didn't put my money on it :( Clear value as bookies were looking only at that win over Hingis.
I looked at laying Davydenko as odds fell to about 1.03 early on and that early that is a gift even if sometimes it loses. £10 back for each 30p bet... hmm yes please! I tried to lay him but the value kept updating and changing and didn't let me get the bet... oh well, sometimes you hit them, sometimes you miss them and one hell of a win for Delic!! :clap

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) Garbin, Chakvetadze and Stepanek today. My main bet for today are Chakvetadze and Stepanek.Singles and double.Garbin for smaller stake.Single and double with previous two.All three in treble. Garbin seems to be a wild shot but I will try her as she is playing really good tournament and she can make a surprise here.For me Peer seems a little bit overrated.Chakvetadze against Na Li is tough one to call but I must go with Anna.She is more solid player.And last but not least :) Stepanek.Great odds for his win.Maybe Falla was weak yesterday but Stepanek played really good tennis.Great serve, not too many errors in his game and he made few nice plays.Robredo was not impressive at all against Mayer making many errors.Stepanek at odds abous a must take.They played 4 times against each other and h2h is 4:0 for Robredo but that was mostly on clay courts where Robredo is better.On hard court I give Stepanek more chances. Ferrer also can be a choice against Roddick as he is in pretty good form.But now odds are something about 3.00 while it was about 3.50 early morning.I don't know if it is still worth to bet.

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) i dont know what to do about serena,my bookie offered me the so low 1.62! while elsewhere you can find it @1.75 i will stay out, actually i wouldnt touch her even @1.75 coz didnt play any convincing game yesterday here are my selections Canas to beat Federer @10.5, and Del Potro to beat Nadal @7.5 3 units for each event, and 2 units as double federer looks in a mess,i have no doupt, yesterday he had 44% first serve, and some ridiculus mistakes,imo almagro commited suicide in crucial points. i also strongly beleive that there isnt any player unbeatable or just arrived on earth from other planet, fed looks really bad, he is struggling here, and might choke against canas, as he did against nadal, might mentally blocked again, and this great argentinian fighter to punish him again, fed doesnt like to face players already beat him ,cmon canas! as for del potro, reminds me the last us open when i said that youzhny is the player to stop nadal, here i say del potro is the player to beat nadal, some worries though because he is suffering some choke episodes every now and then, i hope he will stay in the game and win good luck boys

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) I was at work but looked like an exciting game for Andy Murray. by all accounts sounds like he was pretty useless for the most of it but strong when he needed to be. Well I have to say that Canas to beat Federer is a huge bet. Canas last week didn't just beat Fed, he absolutely pummled him. He has been in great form for the best part of a month and he will be confident that he can win. Federer was far from convincing in his last match. Sure Federer is still the favourite but at such small odds I've stuck a tenner on it - will pay nicely if it comes through. Nadal IMO has a much better chance of beating Del Podro than Federer does of Canas but the odds dont suggest that. I think Djokovic @ 1.2 is decent too - I really am not a fan of Lopez at all. Sco

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) randall, this is my pick serena williams to win the title @1.9 this is the price i got from my bookie, elsewhere you may find higher up to 2.1, i never change my bookie, automatically payments at the end of each game serena serena i am on you lady serena serena amazing game against the ex number one of the world, serena serves like an atp star, oowwoo, i hope canas to follow and of course the - star of argentina- del potro good luck

R. Federer6 66
G. Canas 727
amazing pick guys.. i put 10 on so a nice little return.. keep it up
I've backed against Federer each game this tournament and thankfully this one came in! :nana Can't believe at one point Canas was @ 50 with in-play betting. :eek Just goes to show just how invincible people think Federer is! Sadly the odds I won on were shorter but still enough to have had a good night and covered some losses too from earlier in the day! Good pick fellas! Now to see if Del Potro can beat Nadal. I don't know that he can but I think his odds are too long for a player of his ability! So I've put some on him @ 8.2 at Betfair.

I've backed against Federer each game this tournament and thankfully this one came in! :nana Can't believe at one point Canas was @ 50 with in-play betting. :eek Just goes to show just how invincible people think Federer is! Sadly the odds I won on were shorter but still enough to have had a good night and covered some losses too from earlier in the day! Good pick fellas! Now to see if Del Potro can beat Nadal. I don't know that he can but I think his odds are too long for a player of his ability! So I've put some on him @ 8.2 at Betfair.
Not exactly just that people think so, but I believe it must have been at the point Federer broke Canas's first serve in the third set and was cruising - after losing the first set, he won the second without much hassle and started the third in a similar manner. Canas was really down at that point and came back to the game mainly thanks to Federer's unforced errors. Later in the third set, the tide turned. A great match to watch anyway. And a real thriller at that;)

Not exactly just that people think so, but I believe it must have been at the point Federer broke Canas's first serve in the third set and was cruising - after losing the first set, he won the second without much hassle and started the third in a similar manner. Canas was really down at that point and came back to the game mainly thanks to Federer's unforced errors. Later in the third set, the tide turned. A great match to watch anyway. And a real thriller at that;)
Still no player one set up should be @ 50 to win in the third set, should they? Irrespective of who they are playing...they have already proved they can break the other player so why not again. Canas did well to fight back and to push Federer into the errors. Guess that bet now only looks value too as Canas won, if he'd lost then maybe I wouldn't have thought twice about all this. Same can be said too about player's odds at the start of play. If Nadal plays the first service game against Del Potro then his odds may well get even shorter than the laying value of 1.13 already on offer. If that happens might well be worth a bet as there definitely isn't that much distance between the two players especially at the start of play.

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) You're right, but that's simply how the market reacts - and Canas was pretty useless at the beginning of the third - well, the 50 might have been available a bit later when Federer was on the way to break him for the second time - when Canas saved some six break points - if you observe the markets during a tennis match, it is often unbelievable how huge swings there are.

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) roddick-murray roddick to win have to say that murray havent impressed me on this tournament,really strugling on the other side roddick won some matches easily and his serve work fine just hope that today will to and he wins 100% i have in local on him 1,85 have to take

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) many games are ending in a thrilling way in tennis, what counts is the result, i predicted the result perfectly, some others also, the prices 1.10 v 10.5 before the match start were based on one factor only : the psychological one, people dont dare to bet against federer, they are considering him as a totem, or an alien arrived here on earth yto win and win, i posted that " there isnt any player unbeatable" prices of 1.10 v 10.5 were absolutely unrealistic for an expected fifty fifty match, great great pick from my self, great profit and whole night party with some girls:beer i think murray and shahar peer will win, i will not place money though, i am very busy now, and dont have time to study the details good luck boys :ok

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) shahar peer won very easily, and murray outplayed roddick before the american mentally retired, what should i say? that i predicted both results??? i think i will start a very profitable tennis business, not that i am complaining, jesus christ, that canas victory yesterday, it was like that a year event for me......

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) My bet for today is Willy Canas as Robredo been really lucky so far saving tons of breakballs and taking all his few. Canas is much more talented and stable then Robredos opponents so far and I dont think Canas will choke like last time he won vs Federer as he had one day rest this time.

for today i will try small stake on ljubicic-chela chela to win 3 chela seems to be in better shape,this ljubicic know how to chocke and i think that this is a smart bet today
Be careful of ljubicic as he has never lost to chela b4. 5 - nil record. I think ljubicic in 3 is a good bet as he is not in great form but should have enough class to beat an recently impressive chela Bet of the day must be Canas to beat Robredo. Canas has only lost once to robredo. That match was in 2004 on grass, Canas won more points but couldnt convert his break point chances winning only 2 of 7 breaks, as opposed to robredo win 2 of 7. Canas @ 1.55 looks the best

Be careful of ljubicic as he has never lost to chela b4. 5 - nil record. I think ljubicic in 3 is a good bet as he is not in great form but should have enough class to beat an recently impressive chela Bet of the day must be Canas to beat Robredo. Canas has only lost once to robredo. That match was in 2004 on grass, Canas won more points but couldnt convert his break point chances winning only 2 of 7 breaks, as opposed to robredo win 2 of 7. Canas @ 1.55 looks the best
Canas 2 of 13 breaks Robredo 2 of 7 breaks. My apologies

Re: Tennis, Sony Ericsson Open (ATP/WTA) its time for IVAN LJUBICIC to win a Masters Title.:nana :nana 5.5 betfair GET ON NOW he will ease pass Chela, and either Robredo or Canas should not be a problem to his big serve, Canas overrated with his Federer wins, he struggles against lesser opponents. He will have the vital elder experience against the teens in the final!!

SportTennis
EventRobredo vs Canas
SelectionRobredo
Strength10/10
Date29/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningCanas struggles against lesser players and Robredo a grinder who is hard to pass when in form, a good win against Stephenek he is no 6 in world for very good reason. Canas has had some very hard matches so far this tournament and that could tell here. I still feel he is overrated with his Federer win becuase if he keeps beating him then shouldn't he beat lesser players in 2 sets, no, Robredo fresher here and should win.

EventJuan Ignacio Chela - Ivan Ljubicic
SelectionIvan Ljubicic
Strength10/10
Date29/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningGreat opportunity for Ljubicic to win his first Masters title now that both Nadal and Federer are out. Chela had some wins that made him overrated over Berdych that been playing like crap lately and over Delic who couldnt convert any of his breakpoints. H2H is 5-0 to Ljubicic and his serve should be the weapon that dissmisses Chela today.