** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

liverpool and milan for me mate' date='as double, i rate milan as banker, bayern lost to some teams called...aachen and frankfurt away, what chances they have here?? nil to me , zero[/quote'] Zero chances indeed. It seems that with all your posts it's either 100% or 0%.

Milan loose a goal in last minute. That was a profitable trading today. Layed Milan at 1.04 :)
Well done! :clap Hope you made more in your laying than I did! Ouch just seen the snapped achilles injury of Aurelio I think.... :eek

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 go and read my 4 picks you all of them proved winners, all 4 picks about psv liverpool match i dont beleive that you are blind, i think you see somethings perhaps lenses needed, but my posts are there for everybody,and of course not for you only mate, that 4 picks meaning huge profit,despite the fact that milan failed in last minute, can you understand of methods in betting?? i guess not, otherwise you shouldnt post such nonsenses mate, bye bye anyway, wish good recovery mister cooper

PSV v Liverpool Quarter Final 1st leg A bit late posting however just waited for team selections and I can see Liverpool putting this tie to bed in the 1st leg and dispelling Koeman Voodoo into the process! Koeman has the Indian sign over English teams in recent times, however he needs his team to be positive in the home leg and with the team he has at his disposal I just can't see how? Best PSV can do here is defend and hope to get players back for 2nd leg at Anfield and counter attack like Benfica did last year to Liverpool. Liverpool are riding a crest of a wave at the moment for form and the Arsenal Voodoo banished in emphatic fashion at the weekend - Now the Koeman Voodoo! I'm having some of the handicap on Liverpool -2 @14.00 Paddypower just can see Liverpool running riot here! and nice scorecast P Crouch 1st goal Liverpool win 3 nil @101.00 :hope
Fantastic pick on the AH - I never would have have thought of that one! :clap

go and read my 4 picks you all of them proved winners, all 4 picks about psv liverpool match i dont beleive that you are blind, i think you see somethings perhaps lenses needed, but my posts are there for everybody,and of course not for you only mate, that 4 picks meaning huge profit,despite the fact that milan failed in last minute, can you understand of methods in betting?? i guess not, otherwise you shouldnt post such nonsenses mate, bye bye anyway, wish good recovery mister cooper
Nonsense? I'm not the guy who gave a team in a football match chances of 'nil'. No need for any recovery for me, I didn't have a single bet on the games tonight, but thanks for your concern.

Quantum and Dale' date=' this section of the forum is for sharing infos not for bantering.[/quote'] Just highlighting an absolutely stupid post regarding Bayern's chances in tonight's game. I'd be disappointed if anyone actually acted on such information.

For those backing Liverpool these are three good markets: Liverpool to win to Nil. @ 12-5, as Liverpool's defence looks strong, especially in europe. Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 11-8 for reasons above. Crouch @ 13-5 to score in 90mins after his hat-trick against Arsenal and the fact the foreign defence won't be used to dealing with that presence i think it's a good bet.
Would it be unfair to blow my own trumpet?:nana:nana Sorry but after a rubbish weekend i've regained confidence in myself! :cheers

Would it be unfair to blow my own trumpet?:nana:nana Sorry but after a rubbish weekend i've regained confidence in myself! :cheers
Not unfair to blow your own trumpet.:clap:clap Outstanding picks...well done

Advantage Bayern they can win at home now with a 0-0, 1-1 result Max
Tho i do see them winning by alot more.... AC are write offs at this point 4-1 comes to mind.. anyway i love to see the great knowledge of german football in this forum shine through particularily something about "low scoring game" and another about Bayern Sucking :rollin :rollin Really on a good day Bayern can lay it thick on any team and they do not play for a draw nor do many other german teams... i have never seen it happen.... so u can guarentee it aint goin to nxt week....

I'm watching the match on tele and all three pundits/experts have stated that they cannot see Liverpool losing tonite. In fact, two of them had stated that all they can see if a Liverpool win tonite. PSV have been ravanged by injuries to be fair. I think insidde the first 10-15mins you'll know the attitude of Liverpool, have they come for a 0-0 draw or do they want to make sure that they score an all important away goal. I can see a 1-0 or 2-0 victory for Liverpool tonite to be honest. But the first 15mins will tell us what Liverpool turn up. I'm on Liverpool to Qualify for the semi, and also for the match tonite not to lose.
gerrie me thinks the pundits are secretly punter lounge members and got the low down here first on the Liverpool win :dude

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Anytime Goalscorer Roma/Manu match Perrotta, S 6.4 right now betfair and so I don't forget this time for those looking for something even meatier first goalscorer Totti 7.5 Perrotta, S 17.00 I'll stick with anytime scorer myself. Perrotta was a late substitute at weekend in the Milan game so he is well rested but not rusty for this match with Manu. Manu will be marking Mancini and Totti but I have a feeling Perrotta might go missing. Max :hope

Weirder still that people actually think our bets have a reflection on the reality of the match. I can only see that odds will be lower if everyone is getting on Liverpool now. Still could be worth a bet if people are confident enough in their selection of Liverpool to win. I think Liverpool will win 1-0 as they will be happy to come here and just take a result. Will see them likely playing conservative football with thoughts of counter attacking football. PSV looked toothless on the whole against Arsenal and only scored at home through long distance effort. I can see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet and stealing a goal. 1-0 @ 7 with Betfair 6/10 for pick Have a feeling on Riise scoring, don't ask me why maybe it's just one of my naive hunches. As a result I'm going to go small stakes on him scoring any time @ 8.4. Would have first scorer but by any time would cover the bet if the 1-0 I predicted above wasn't to happen. Ie if Riise scored a 2nd goal for Liverpool or maybe an equaliser to a PSV strike. With Milan v Bayern I think Milan need to get the win and as such and with their history they will. I don't think the game will be pretty and could be settled by just the one goal.
Riise did score, great pick. Hope you cleaned up :beer

I think that Valencia will be a surprise...
I agree that Valencia can pull off something at Stamford Bridge. They're coming back off a good home win at the weekend 3-2 against Espanyol so confidence should be high. David Villa in superb form, a goal & 2 assists in the game and should be able to take his form to the Bridge. He also takes their penalties & after his scorcher against Inter in the last round he should fancy his luck from any freekicks within 35 yards. David Villa to score anytime 3/1 @ PaddyPower. 9/2 on Valencia is huge IMO against a Chelsea side who aren't very impressive of late. I think Valencia can steal the win here. A little stake also on David Villa first scorer in a 1-0 Valencia win 50/1 @ PaddyPower.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Chelsea - Valencia Interesting and hard match to predict. Maybe important to have a look at last games of both teams: Chelsea last 5: 31.03.2007 Watford - Chelsea 0:1 19.03.2007 Tottenham - Chelsea 1:2 17.03.2007 Chelsea - Sheff. Utd 3:0 14.03.2007 Man. City - Chelsea 0:1 11.03.2007 Chelsea - Tottenham 3:3 Chelsea last 5 home: 17.03.2007 Chelsea - Sheff. Utd 3:0 11.03.2007 Chelsea - Tottenham 3:3 06.03.2007 Chelsea - FC Porto 2:1 17.02.2007 Chelsea - Norwich 4:0 10.02.2007 Chelsea - M brough 3:0 Valencia last 5: 31.03.2007 Valencia - Espanyol 3:2 17.03.2007 Valencia - Santander 0:2 11.03.2007 Osasuna - Valencia 1:1 06.03.2007 Valencia - Inter 0:0 03.03.2007 Valencia - Celta Vigo 1:0 Valencia last 5 away: 11.03.2007 Osasuna - Valencia 1:1 25.02.2007 Nastic - Valencia 1:1 21.02.2007 Inter - Valencia 2:2 11.02.2007 Getafe - Valencia 3:0 28.01.2007 Betis - Valencia 2:1 News: Chelsea are missing Joe Cole only. Valenciy have more: Marchena, Navarro and Morientes are absent. Hugh problems both teams in defence: Valencia received 4(!) goals in 2 last home matches from Racing Santander and Espanyol, from the teams who are not the top scorers of Spain primera. And 9 goals in last 5 away matches - an awful play of back line!!! Almost same for englishmen: they were lucky in Watford, outsider of premierleague had better and more chances to score than the most rich in the world. I think Mourino was a little surprised with 3 point taken in match. I don't expect a defensive play here. Teams have to use problems of back of the opponents. So my picks are: 1. over 2,5 at 2,3 2. Chelsea over 1,5 at 1,9 Good luck;)

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Chelsea vs Valencia
Selection Chelsea -0.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 04/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price canbet @ 2.03 (Back)
Reasoning This is a must win match for Chelsea imo if they want to progress further in Champions League. We all know Valencia is a tough team when they are playing at Mestala. They will be without Morientes and Chena today which is a huge loss. Chena is a good defender while Morientes quality is undoubted and I don't think I need to say more about it. Navarro is suspended after he broke Burdisso's nose but then I don't rate him as an important missing anyway. Chelsea will still be without Essien and Robben which will hurt them badly especially attacking wise. Joe Cole and Bridge are back but I doubt they could contribute much yet after the injury they just suffered. But despite Chelsea's losses, they still have a good cover for those two in the like of Diarra, Kalou, Shaun Wright Phillips who are all a bit raw at times but can be impressive. Its a risky bet I can say, since Chelsea just played a poor game against Watford in the weekend. However, it could be due to tiredness in the squad after the international weekdays. And motivation will be running high in the camp, with EPL trophy seems running far away from them with MU superb form in the league (or their luckiness should I say) and their real chance for a major trophy would be the CL and nothing else. Since Mourinho took over, they have enjoyed a lot of success but CL never was in their list and I think its a big thing now for the Chelsea's boys. For me personally, worst result for today would be for Valencia to get a point, a win would be a big upset. But Chelsea being Chelsea, I can see them nick a 1 goal win tonight and maybe more if they can give their 110% in this match.
This is not in my analysis because I don't know how accurate it would be, but for me tonight I predict the starting line-up could be : Cech Diarra - Terry - Carvalho - Cole Wright-Phillips, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard Shevchenko - Drogba

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 The Champions League represents the biggest obstacle to that achievement, though the Red Devils are favourites at the expense of Roma. It wasn't all good news for Ferguson, as he saw Serbian defender, Nemanja Vidic, stretchered off with an injured collar bone, providing something of a defensive crisis, as he joins international defenders, Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre on the sidelines. United will face an almost full strength Roma side, apart from the suspension of midfielder, David Pizarro and absence of left-back Max Tonetto. The Italians maintained their excellent home form drawing at home to AC Milan on Saturday. Luca Spalletti's side have now lost just once in 32 home games in all competitions. United's recent away record in this competition is poor, winning just two of their 12 on the road. Louis Saha, their top scorer in this season's competition is injured, while Wayne Rooney hasn't scored since his debut in 2004. But you just can't back against Utd in their current form and can bag an away win.Ladbrokes @ 2.75 1-0 Utd. :ok

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 I like Chelsea tonight (1.74 Mansion). Chelsea vs Valencia Valencia is surely one of the most on fire team in europe at the state, but hardly I can guess for Chelsea to waste another opportunity to advance in CHL, like happened in the last years. Chelsea has not expressed their best football game in the last period, but this is an heat based on 180 minutes and I think that Chelsea has more power than the spanish team. Chelsea to start without Robben and Essien; while J.Cole should be recovered fro the bench. Valencia without the striker Morientes, Marchena and Navarro. To add I wait for a big perfomance, in score zone, by Andrey Shevchenko, so low in Premier league, but more involved in european scenario. Home win to take.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Roma - Manú AH Roma -0 Stake 5/10 Betfair @1.93 Roma has not loose an european match for the last 9 game (since 2004 against R.Madrid). They win against Lyon the past round. Man'u has a lot of injuires and they are not playing well far from Old Trafford. Roma should win or at least not loose this game

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Another bet colud be Roma (AHC - 0) with Pinnacle at 1.94. Roma vs Manchester Utd. I like so much Roma tonight: the team, coached by Spalletti, started so hide in the final phase of CHL, but they have already shown, against Lyon, what are the real potential power of their football game, more they played very relaxed in Serie A, just to prepare at the best this heat. The modul with Totti in advanced, waiting for the dangerous run of Mancini, Perrotta, Taddei and De Rossi will leave IMO witouht referement points the back front of Manchester, in troubles too for the match. Roma should miss their playmaker Pizarro. Manchester was been consider large favourite, but some doubt in the bookie's mind is jumpimg on in the last hours. Manchester will have different defensive state, due the miss of Silvestre, Neville, Vidic and Evra, so the probable disposition should be: O'Shea-Ferdinand-Brown-Heinze and so composed they should have many problems to face the fast midfielders of Roma. If Roma will hold high concentration in defensive zone, I guess that the home team will be able to score, I will count so much in the genius of Francesco Totti, able by free-kicks as, now, in the last 16 meters to conclude too.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Chelsea v Valencia In my eyes Valencia definitely won't win the game, or in other words, Chelsea won't lose it. When Chelsea need to win or get a positive result 9/10 times they do and tonight i think will be no different. Chelsea 2-0 @ 11/2 because they will keep it fairly tight but as always their quality will come through. Drogba hasn't scored in three games since Portsmouth, so he will be looking to get back in in 90mins @ 7/4 but i can see him scoring so a flutter on first goal at 9/2 may be mine. Roma v Man Utd I'd be surprised if this didn't end in a draw, purely because the Roma team would see it as a moral victory holding Man Utd on their own turf and because the red devils would look to win it at Old Trafford. 21/10 on the draw i'll take. :hope Instead of the under 2.5goals in the chelski game i'll do a double on Chelsea/Man Utd draw @ 4/1