** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Next England Manager?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Re: Next England Manager? Harry Redknapp and Tony Adams look ideal for the England job. Redknapp and known good manager and 'player' manager, and Adams a true Brit Bulldog who knows what it's like to fight for the country. I can't think of a better and more talented partnership to take over at the helm. If they can't do it, then nobody can! Sorry Portsmouth fans.

Re: Next England Manager? If you put yourself in Barwicks position, after having made a massive cock up in appointing McLaren, he wont want to take any chances with the next appointment. I wouldnt be against Redknapp getting it but his almost zero experience of european and international football management makes him a bit of a gamble... I think they will wait for Hiddink after the Euro's. He is in the paper this morning making sure that people realise he hasnt signed his new contract with Russia yet.

Re: Next England Manager? I hope Harry Redknapp pulls clear of this job ...... remember the fiasco when he was going to , wasn't , was , wasn't , was , definately wasn't and did take the job at Portsmouth. I feel in this day and age it would be nice if the England job didn't attract any (more) contraversy. Whoever takes the job (I can't see the attraction ..... oh yeah the £2.5 million pay off) will have a limited bunch of prima donna players who don't really care imho whether the qualify or not. Oh sorry they do ... imagine the ear-ache from the WAGS when they realise they won't any more publicity ....... :zzz

Re: Next England Manager? Just finished watching Revista De La Liga (Spanish leagues' Match of the Day) and the two presenters claim that Mourinho is 90% certain to take the Real Madrid job next season, and it is this that he is waiting for not the England job. Then the presenters went on to say that the rumours in Spain were the F.A. have spoken to Bernd Schuster about him taking the England job and with the Mourinho rumours in Madrid making him have low security of a job next season he may jump ship now and take the England job, which would probably result in Mourinho taking over at Madrid. Anyway i've had a small punt on Schuster just in case any of these rumours are true at 180/1 at Betfair.

Re: Next England Manager?

sorry boyd, but mourinho is talking to england....:eek http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7116283.stm
Yeah i had read that article but Mourinho agreeing to talk to the F.A. doesn't mean the F.A. and Mourinho will agree everything that he will take over, hence why many people are still betting on other managers on Betfair etc. My point was that at 180/1 for Schuster, if the F.A. apparently want to speak to him is true is worth a couple of quid. I'd be happy to lose a couple of quid if Mourinho was the one to take over but i've just taken it as a long shot.

Re: Next England Manager? If true, this can only end in tears. Mourinho is going to waste at least two years of his prime managing England. If he's got any of the sense he was born with he'll get a contract offer, show Real how much we've offered him and get them to match it.

Re: Next England Manager? the problem with Real etc is even if he won the league he'd probably get sacked:lol he could always follow svens foot-steps ( no not shagging prossies) but take the England Job then come back to the prem and manage Rovers. By which time sparky will be at Utd.

Next England Manager - Ladbrokes

Stuart Pearce 3/1

Felipe Scolari 6/1

Martin O'Neill 10/1

Arsene Wenger 14/1

Jose Mourinho 20/1

Sir Alex Ferguson 20/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 100/1 If Israel get a result vs England then he'll be for the chop... None of the above appeal to me (Psycho, I suppose?) but has anyone else seen any others (Like Gus Hiddink?) :unsure
Where's Capello?? Hire Him.

Guys, FYI... ...Portuguese State TV just announced that Jorge Mendes (Mourinho's agent) is discussing with the English FA the details of a possible contract... JC
Portuguese Sports Newspaper "A Bola" says "online" that Brian Barwick, FA chief-executive, offered Mourinho (via Jorge Mendes) a 4 and a half years, 25 Million Euro contract. They also say that Mourinho has until next friday to make a decision. :cheers

Mourinho just ruled himself out of the running for England job. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7137282.stm Even with Mourinho ruling himself out of the job i don't think they will give it to Capello either due to his apparent limitations of speaking English but not sure who will get it now.
and also an italian managing england doesnt ring a bell because of the football differences

Re: Next England Manager? Wide open now - cant really see Capello or Lippi getting it either. Klinsmann is getting popular but how would a German managing the English side go down? I suppose he was popular enough when he was over here playing for S***s but managing the national side is a different kettle of fish.... I think the final appointment will surprise us all.

Re: Next England Manager? Capello named England boss " The Football Association has confirmed that Fabio Capello is the new England manager and the Italian has signed a four-and-a-half year contract after the FA Board ratified his appointment on Thursday. The 61-year-old will officially start work on January 7." http://www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-united-fc/news/211804/capello_named_england_boss.html