Punter's Lounge Cup

Red_Fear

There's been many Leagues, but how about a Punters Lounge Cup? :nana Pick a tourney - for example the Virgin V Points on a Sunday and ask all those wanting to enter to say so a few days in advance. The draw is made prior to the Tourney so you know who you are up against. Simply, if you finish higher than your opponent then you go through to the next round the following Sunday. There's normally a big turnout for the V Points so 64 starters would be likely, or if less some players will get a bye. You could even have a seeded draw based on the BPP table. After five or six weeks the best two will fight it out for the honour of being the Punter's Lounge Cup Winner 2007. :dude One for the powers that be to ponder, perhaps. :unsure I'll get me coat. :sad Red.

Re: Punter's Lounge Cup

There's been many Leagues, but how about a Punters Lounge Cup? :nana Pick a tourney - for example the Virgin V Points on a Sunday and ask all those wanting to enter to say so a few days in advance. The draw is made prior to the Tourney so you know who you are up against. Simply, if you finish higher than your opponent then you go through to the next round the following Sunday. There's normally a big turnout for the V Points so 64 starters would be likely, or if less some players will get a bye. You could even have a seeded draw based on the BPP table. After five or six weeks the best two will fight it out for the honour of being the Punter's Lounge Cup Winner 2007. :dude One for the powers that be to ponder, perhaps. :unsure I'll get me coat. :sad Red.
I like the idea

more admin for Gaf :lol
Hehe - have already had a volunteer for that ;) :cheers :beer I'm just going to sit on the fence for the moment and see what kind of reaction there is - but all positive for the moment :ok My only real reservation is that I sometimes wonder if we have too many divergent objectives in a tourney that prove distracting ........ but it sounds like fun :ok

Re: Punter's Lounge Cup Sounds good, but could everyone guarantee that they would be available for the V Points game every week for 6 weeks? Maybe do the draw and then have a week to play it, with the deadline being a Sunday night. The 2 players can arrange which tournament they want to play in during the week, and if they can't agree or haven't played it then the V Points one automatically counts...?

Sounds good' date=' but could everyone guarantee that they would be available for the V Points game every week for 6 weeks? Maybe do the draw and then have a week to play it, with the deadline being a Sunday night. The 2 players can arrange which tournament they want to play in during the week, and if they can't agree or haven't played it then the V Points one automatically counts...?[/quote'] Good point Gaz. I've stopped playing the Virgin V Points (the Hungarian in me dislikes games in excess of 3 hours) but I'd take it up again for this. :ok Zsep.

Re: Punter's Lounge Cup Excellent idea.:ok Just throwing a few ideas into the mixing bowl here... Wouldn't like to see seeding though...let's just have a proper cup tournament and watch the 1000 posters squeal when knocked out by a newbie! Think the Virgin game is one of the most popular on here, but other options could be the PL tournament on Wednesdays or the Titan tournament...maybe a different one each week, but for simplicity it is maybe better to stick to just one tournament and, for me at least, the Virgin fits the bill nicely. There does not necessarily have to be one vs one. If the draw was split into groups of three, or even four, players (particularly in the early stages) then there would be no need for byes and each cup tournament could be completed in a calendar month...therefore giving a few champions who could play off in December for the annual cup champion. :unsure As a seperate aside...somebody could play bookmaker and offer odds on each match and then we'll see who is the best poker punter at the same time. Think I'd better stop now...my head hurts!:D