** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Free picks frenzy

Player

Monday, February 26 Results

* 20.00 units on: NBA: Boston/Houston UNDER 191 +111 WINNER! Score: Boston/Houston 77-72, Won = 22.20 units ** 20.70 units on: NCAAB: Gonzaga -3 -107 over San Diego WINNER! Score: Gonzaga/San Diego 74-64, Won = 19.346 units Total: Bets = 8, Won = 3, Lost = 5 Bankroll = +$1.546 units

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Free picks frenzy

Hi player. I am afraid that it might not be the best thing to do yet as I've followed the Mike Wynn membership and now he has 3 losing streaks. I followed your method but still it makes me think twice to keep doubling my stake to cover the losses only as the number keeps getting bigger. I know that it's very unlikely that all the touts have the losing streaks altogether but if it happens, let's just say 3 losing streaks at the same time you are going to be in big problem. It's not that I want to discourage you but I think if you star with 5 units it would be better.. 10-15% increase a month is not bad. I was greedy and I lost a lot of money. Now I start to take the very small bet of my bank roll and try to earn 15% a month. I know it's not big but I'm planning to do this for a long term not just hit and run. but whatever it is, the decision is entirely in you hands
You may be right, even if 2 touts would be simultaneously in a just 6-6 picks losing streak, that would be difficult to handle. And that can happen at any time. That's why I was thinking to begin with an extra 20% safety bankroll. But maybe it's better to have an 50% extra bankroll for safety.

Tuesday, February 27 (Day 18)

Total out = 103.60 units

Tuesday, February 27 Results

Total: Bets = 10, Won = 5, Lost = 5 Bankroll = -1.14 units

Re: Free picks frenzy IMHO you need two things to back this system. 1) A bank balance that is approx 8-10 times your cumulative nightly stake & 2) A progressive staking (recovery) system that will overtime recoup losses when they occur. Also, no one is forcing you to follow the picks - if they hit a lossing streak let them ride it out and leave your cash on the sidelines; enter back in when they have returned to more consistent returns. For me its a common sence thing - its making money now - so use it now - when it stops - stop with it. Its like any investment, ride it to a point and then get off as the market slids - you won't have exited at the peak of the market but you will be out of it still in profit.

Re: Free picks frenzy Well, It's based on my own personal experience 4 days ago I decided to follow only 1 pick a day which is winlock or whatever-locks. then I used the system just like Player First I lost 20 units then I bet 22,5 to ceover the losses then 45 then 90 the calculation is like this: -20+-22.5+-45+-85 ( then I stopped coz I had this bad feeling) then I saw the ad saying that If today he lost ( the win lock was airforce NCAA) he would give 1 week free. luckily I didn't fall in his bullshit trap.:@ He lost again!! and this is the 5 losing streaks with the WIN LOCK!! not free plays but WIN LOCK. the question is with all the money that I pay so expensive $399 a month he still could have this 5 losing streaks. what about the free play? and to make it even worse, the 1 week free is nothing than just a rubbish:@ :@ . Personally I'm really dissapointed but luckily I got the membership with special price ;) but still I'm really pissed off with this site. I would be really afraid if you put a lot of money in here Player. coz they can have a very bad losing streaks.

IMHO you need two things to back this system. 1) A bank balance that is approx 8-10 times your cumulative nightly stake & 2) A progressive staking (recovery) system that will overtime recoup losses when they occur. Also, no one is forcing you to follow the picks - if they hit a lossing streak let them ride it out and leave your cash on the sidelines; enter back in when they have returned to more consistent returns. For me its a common sence thing - its making money now - so use it now - when it stops - stop with it. Its like any investment, ride it to a point and then get off as the market slids - you won't have exited at the peak of the market but you will be out of it still in profit.
"if they hit a lossing streak let them ride it out and leave your cash on the sidelines; enter back in when they have returned to more consistent returns" - I very much disagree with the theory: "follow one when it's hot, and leave it when it's cold", because IMO this is just a myth of the betting world. Nobody in the world knows if after a tout has lost 4 in a row, will lose another 4 in a row, will win 1 and lose another 4 in row, or will win 4 in row. If you go with "follow one when it's hot, and leave it when it's cold", then if the second case happens, you'll be fckd big time, and if you follow my method you will be fckd big time if the first case scenario happens. Chances are exactly 50-50% for both to happen (if we consider only these 2 possibilities)

Wednesday, February 28 (Day 19)

Total out = 131.102 units

"if they hit a lossing streak let them ride it out and leave your cash on the sidelines; enter back in when they have returned to more consistent returns" - I very much disagree with the theory: "follow one when it's hot, and leave it when it's cold", because IMO this is just a myth of the betting world. Nobody in the world knows if after a tout has lost 4 in a row, will lose another 4 in a row, will win 1 and lose another 4 in row, or will win 4 in row. If you go with "follow one when it's hot, and leave it when it's cold", then if the second case happens, you'll be fckd big time, and if you follow my method you will be fckd big time if the first case scenario happens. Chances are exactly 50-50% for both to happen (if we consider only these 2 possibilities)
The fact that the selections are spread over 10 tipsters should mean that you are covered for any & all dips in performance. I take your points on board above Player but as you are following these guys tips blindly I think there's value in what I stated re: dropping of certain tipsters that may be on tilt. Your reasoning is of course correct; its the same as saying that logically the 6 numbers drawn out of the lotto has the same chance of being 1,2,3,4,5,6 as any other random 6 numbers available but will we ever see it happen? Unlikely. Once any "system" is generating >50% of winners (at ave odds of evens) then the correct staking plan is whats needed to maximise the revenue stream from the same. Take the Ice-Hockey thread, its showing 200pts profit (5 pts stakes) for the month; I put the threads results through the staking system I use and my returns would have been over 300pts (5 pts stake) for the same period. Anyway, I'm digressing. I like the thread and look for it daily. You have trialled it on paper with success and I see no reason why you shouldn't put real cash down now. Sincerely, the best of luck.

I take your points on board above Player but as you are following these guys tips blindly I think there's value in what I stated re: dropping of certain tipsters that may be on tilt. Your reasoning is of course correct; its the same as saying that logically the 6 numbers drawn out of the lotto has the same chance of being 1,2,3,4,5,6 as any other random 6 numbers available but will we ever see it happen? Unlikely.

Wednesday, February 28 Results

Total: Bets = 10, Won = 5, Lost = 5 Bankroll = -12.748 units

Hello, does anybody know about other experiments/threads of this kind? I mean: find out how good free picks are in the long run?
I spent very much time last year following the free picks of many touts individually, some times as many of 20 of them- over 2-4 months each. I wanted to see If I can follow any of them using Martingale. All I can say that my finding was that all of them are horribly inconsistent - they can win 10 in row, but they can lose 8 in row too at any time. This is why using progressive staking on them would work good maybe only as done in this thread. Doing progressive staking on them individually IMO is suicidal! Only way to do it is to have about 30 of them followed (that would take a huge amount of time), and to hop to use Martingale on any of them only after they lost 4 in row, supposing that they will lose max 4 more in row.

Re: Free picks frenzy I will never do Martingale! I don´t think it´s a good idea. I´d prefer fixed stake or fixed profit staking. Strangely i´ve found out in roughly 380 bets that fixed stake is better than fixed profit. I didn´t expect that. Btw.: i´ve done approx. 380 bets now from various sources (free & paid) in different sports (mostly soccer, but also: tennis , US sports, other). My ROI/yield is at roughly 14-15 % by now. Without the paid tipsters i´d say it is at 8%. But now back to your topic: You say you´ve looked at lots of free picks. Can you tell me the success of the picks using level stakes (e.g.: 1 unit each bet).

I will never do Martingale! I don´t think it´s a good idea. I´d prefer fixed stake or fixed profit staking. Strangely i´ve found out in roughly 380 bets that fixed stake is better than fixed profit. I didn´t expect that. Btw.: i´ve done approx. 380 bets now from various sources (free & paid) in different sports (mostly soccer, but also: tennis , US sports, other). My ROI/yield is at roughly 14-15 % by now. Without the paid tipsters i´d say it is at 8%. But now back to your topic: You say you´ve looked at lots of free picks. Can you tell me the success of the picks using level stakes (e.g.: 1 unit each bet).
I have no idea how the statistics would look at level stakes, I have not done such comparison. But my guess is that would be very much variable between the touts, between 40% - 70% hitting in about a 4 month period (of course this means nothing, because the only measure about how good is a tout is the ROI). Also any tout can have a very good season on any sport, having excellent ROI, and the next season just barely breaking even, or losing overall. A good tout is good by the fact that has only one ROI losing season on overall picks or on a specific sport in 5-6 years. But finding a tout that has never had a losing season in over 8 years is almost an impossible task (all this using level stakes of course)! --------- "My ROI/yield is at roughly 14-15 % by now. Without the paid tipsters i´d say it is at 8%." This is interesting, you are saying that you find that the free pick were better than the paid ones?

Re: Free picks frenzy "My ROI/yield is at roughly 14-15 % by now. Without the paid tipsters i´d say it is at 8%." This is interesting, you are saying that you find that the free pick were better than the paid ones? No, but i did something different from what you do. I just collected picks from various sites where people give free picks (sports-punter, bettingadvice, ...) and in addition i had a look at a few more sites where picks and betting advice are given (like firstgoalscorer.co.uk). And by now i´ve added 4 paid tipsters. 2 of these paid tipsters have an ROI of 15-16%. And they are better than most free picks. But in general, i´ve found that most paid tipsters are NOT better than the free ones! It just seems that there are a few out there who are really good. And i´ve found that the good paid tipsters are generally not the very expensive ones. So, instead of those scams where people sell Asian Handicap picks for 100 USD each pick, you can find some good services for 20-30 USD (or Euros) per month.

Thursday, March 1 (Day 20)

Total out = 167.076 units

But in general, i´ve found that most paid tipsters are NOT better than the free ones! It just seems that there are a few out there who are really good. And i´ve found that the good paid tipsters are generally not the very expensive ones. So, instead of those scams where people sell Asian Handicap picks for 100 USD each pick, you can find some good services for 20-30 USD (or Euros) per month.
IN USA it's impossible to find any tipster service for just $30 per month. :@ The cheapest ones (very few) are around $60-70 a month, but the average price is well over $150 per month. The expensive ones are well over $250 per month.

IN USA it's impossible to find any tipster service for just $30 per month. :@ The cheapest ones (very few) are around $60-70 a month, but the average price is well over $150 per month. The expensive ones are well over $250 per month.
so here´s my comment on the US market: most US cappers look a bit untrustworthy to me because of the following reasons: 1.) the design of the websites tends to be too unsound. There´s just too much advertising and sometimes too many pictures. All in all a bit confusing, which is maybe their objective 2.) the way they show profit is strange. Often they use base units like 500 just to make their overall profit sound higher. Where normally i stake one point per bet , they may be staking 500 points per bet, so that if i make 100 points profit, they can claim to have 50000 points profit. That, of course impresses some people, but actually is just pretentious. I don´t trust those people. I have never seen one of them stating what their ROI is. 3.) they just want too much money for what they achieve. Honestly, you can get free picks for the US sports, that are better than most of the touts. Actually i haven´t found a paid tipster for the US sports really worth the money and better than the free picks. The paid services i use do mainly European soccer AH bets and some maybe some tennis. I think i´ll stop now, don´t want to disturb this really interesting, good thread any further.

I think i´ll stop now, don´t want to disturb this really interesting, good thread any further.
No disturbing my friend! ;) We are here to share ideas, experiences, systems, and to find the best ways to beat the books, ain't we?

Bookie2000, we don't do this kind of thing on PL. It is considered equal to spam and usually met with a ban. But i'm in a good mood.
sorry mate.:notworthy I would just like to share..but if it's considered spam then I wouldn't do it again. thanx for telling me :D

"My ROI/yield is at roughly 14-15 % by now. Without the paid tipsters i´d say it is at 8%." This is interesting, you are saying that you find that the free pick were better than the paid ones?
No, but i did something different from what you do. I just collected picks from various sites where people give free picks (sports-punter, bettingadvice, ...) and in addition i had a look at a few more sites where picks and betting advice are given (like firstgoalscorer.co.uk). And by now i´ve added 4 paid tipsters. 2 of these paid tipsters have an ROI of 15-16%. And they are better than most free picks. But in general, i´ve found that most paid tipsters are NOT better than the free ones! It just seems that there are a few out there who are really good. And i´ve found that the good paid tipsters are generally not the very expensive ones. So, instead of those scams where people sell Asian Handicap picks for 100 USD each pick, you can find some good services for 20-30 USD (or Euros) per month. what tipsters with only 30 euro a month and can make 10-15% ROI a month? Can I know the site?