** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Free picks frenzy

Player

Re: Free picks frenzy

@player hey, do you have your picks in an Excel sheet? Then i could do some analysis on it.
Unfortunately I don't have Excel, any analysis I would do, I need to do it manually, so it takes tonns of time. :eyes

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday, March 5 Results

* 20.00 units on: NCAAB: Oklahoma St/Nebraska OVER 134 -100 WINNER! Score: Oklahoma St/Nebraska 73-85, Won = 20.00 units Total: Bets = 9, Won = 4, Lost = 5 Bankroll = -3.274 units

Tuesday, March 5 (Day 24)

* For threads 4 and 6 a single bet is made: 20.00 units on: NCAAB: Wright State +1.5 -108 over Butler Total out = 189.649 units

Re: Free picks frenzy Hey there! Great looking system. Just out of interest... could be a silly question :P but what does it mean when you say: "Mike Wynn T1: 10.00 units on: NBA: Seattle/New York OVER 196 -117"or "Big Time T5: 10.00 units on: NBA: LA Lakers/Minnesota OVER 198 +104" The +/- bit at the end?

Hey there! Great looking system. Just out of interest... could be a silly question :P but what does it mean when you say: "Mike Wynn T1: 10.00 units on: NBA: Seattle/New York OVER 196 -117"or "Big Time T5: 10.00 units on: NBA: LA Lakers/Minnesota OVER 198 +104" The +/- bit at the end?
Those are the odds, in American format. :) To see them in European equivalent, just check any bookie (most of them have the odds in both formats). In the examples you quoted: If I had a winner on thread T1, because of -117 my payout (excuding the stake) would be 10 units/1.17 = 8.547 units. If I had a winner on thread T5, because of +104 my payout (excluding the stake) would be 10 units x 1.04 = 10.40 units.

Re: Free picks frenzy to explain i think I am right in saying if the odds are +104 for every £100 you put on you win £104 + your £100 stake back. If are -117 then every £100 you put on you win £83 + your £100 stake. I hope im right.

to explain i think I am right in saying if the odds are +104 for every £100 you put on you win £104 + your £100 stake back. If are -117 then every £100 you put on you win £83 + your £100 stake. I hope im right.
LOL staffy, you were close, but not quite right.

bloody USA cant they do anything simple. :tongue2
You're damn right, I agree with you as an European (Hungarian) living in the USA. :rollin They still have that bloody inch/foot and pounds systems too- both these and the metric/kg systems are teached in scools, but a few years later they completely forget is, cause in everyday life they use exclusively the American systems. :puke Not even speaking about measuring the temperature in F grades instead of C...

Re: Free picks frenzy I also think the decimal odds are better than the us odds, but don´t worry the british fractional odds are even more stupid. don´t know why they still use it. maybe tradition. but back to the topic of the thread. player, i examined your results: ROI : approx. 6-7% I examined by just staking 1 unit per bet. The profit curve does show an upwards direction, but with very much horizontal movement. I´ve also done a statistical T-Test (i´m not a statistician, but i´ve read about this test in a betting book). The result of the test says that there is an 15% probability that your result has come about by chance. That´s not too bad, but not too good either. Honestly , you can better picks for free.

Thanks Player for a great idea and keep up the good work :ok :notworthy I have an oddscoverting table that I use and I can put it here if there is need for it? Regards, slapshot
Thanks, but I'm used with the american odds system, since I started betting just 5 years ago, and I was already in the USA at that time. I just dont like all the other measuring sytems in USA, but I'm fine with the odds... ;) But you can send it with PM to me, and then I'll post it back at the end of the opening post of the thread, so folks can see it if they need it.

I also think the decimal odds are better than the us odds, but don´t worry the british fractional odds are even more stupid. don´t know why they still use it. maybe tradition. but back to the topic of the thread. player, i examined your results: ROI : approx. 6-7% I examined by just staking 1 unit per bet. The profit curve does show an upwards direction, but with very much horizontal movement. I´ve also done a statistical T-Test (i´m not a statistician, but i´ve read about this test in a betting book). The result of the test says that there is an 15% probability that your result has come about by chance. That´s not too bad, but not too good either. Honestly , you can better picks for free.
Thanks! :ok If you think of a better staking plan, with less danger than the actual one but still a better ROI than level stakes please just post it here. The picks are free anyways... :lol Did you observed which threads are more/less profitable? I feel that the first one is by far the best til now.

Thanks, but I'm used with the american odds system, since I started betting just 5 years ago, and I was already in the USA at that time. I just dont like all the other measuring sytems in USA, but I'm fine with the odds... ;) But you can send it with PM to me, and then I'll post it back at the end of the opening post of the thread, so folks can see it if they need it.
How do I PM you, Player?

How do I PM you' date=' Player?[/quote'] "slapshot has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." Well, then post it here, and I will copy it inside of the opening post of the thread too. Not the world's end if it will be posted in 2 different places, LOL...

Tuesday, March 6 Results

* 20.00 units on: NCAAB: Wright State +1.5 -108 over Butler WINNER! Score: Butler/Wright State 55-60, Won = 18.518 units Total: Bets = 9, Won = 5, Lost = 3, Push = 1 Bankroll = -59.293 units

Wednesday, March 7 (Day 25)

Total out = 303.845 units

Wednesday, March 7 (Day 25) - Extra picks given

Total out = 30.00 units

Wednesday, March 7 Results

Total: Bets = 10, Won = 5, Lost = 5 Bankroll = -206.280 units

Wednesday, March 7 - Extra picks Results

Total: Bets = 3, Won = 2, Lost = 1 Bankroll = +9.209 units

Thursday, March 8 (Day 26) - Round 1

* For threads 1 and 9 a single bet is made: 28.559 units on: NCAAB: Ohio U -1 +111 over Miami-Ohio Total out = 534.297 units

Re: Free picks frenzy At least it is a paper trail and not your real money!!! Have you compiled a spreadsheet for the strike rate of each tout? Mike Wynn, seems to have a fantastic record... I wish betfair had the markets as I would be following him religiously!

At least it is a paper trail and not your real money!!! Have you compiled a spreadsheet for the strike rate of each tout? Mike Wynn, seems to have a fantastic record... I wish betfair had the markets as I would be following him religiously!
I have not done any analysis on every thread yet, but I'll do it some time soon. Yeah, Mike Wynn looks very good, but I dunno that he's just very hot right now, or he's generally good (sensibly better than the others on this website), without big losing streaks... As you remember, "bookie" paid for his premium picks, and posted here that he got like 5 losers in row, or something like this. Hey mate, do you have any ideas for another kind of staking (but not level stakes), to avoid the big bets, if some of the touts lose 5 or more in row? I asked the guys to post their suggestions here, but so far none of them has any, just everybody agrees that using this staking method is too dangerous, because any time one of them can lose 8 in row*, or 2 of them can lose 6 or 7 in row in the same time**, and these would break the bank. Also it's nonsense IMO, if applying this staking I use now, to begin with a starting bank of more than 200 times x the standard unit, because then the gains would be to low compared to the bank used. Yet even a 200 times x the standard unit bank represents not enough safety margin if * or ** happens.

Re: Thursday, March 8 (Day 26) - Round 2

Total out = 71.017 units