** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play!

Sir Puntalot

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play!

Most do - Usually in the terms and conditions upon install... Do you read them ?? ;););) betfair's is... and there are similar clauses too
No m8 as i say been with betfair for years though played live in a betfair/badbeat tourney and was a sports customer for years too never had to before now and still dont for deposits/withdrawals only for freeroll winnings and this is only the latest one have had to do that,not worried anyway as it was only a couple of dollars i think and only played it because I didnt have many other tournies on at the time. You mean they have ts and cs:rollin

Poker.com ( Carbon Poker) should be avoided. When you request withdrawal they insist on their 'verification procedure" which entails faxing your credit card number' date=' sending a copy of it front and back ( unbelieveable but true ), plus a copy of your driving license, passport etc. It is clearly a ploy to deter attempts to withdraw and leave your money locked in their site.[/quote'] I know its not necessary to emphasise whats already said about poker site security because although it is a bit of a shock the first time you have to jump through hoops you quickly realise they are doing it for your benefit/state of mind. However Poker.com was where I won my first tourney, had never deposited with them but they allowed me to withdraw to my Neteller account without this verification. Whether thats a good or bad thing it's up to you to decide. I think that poker sites should be a bit clearer and helpful regarding this - someone may know better but I think its recommended that you blank out certain parts of your card... Anyone? :unsure :eyes Light-weight. ;)

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Betfair originally demanded KYC indentification on the threat of having your account closed...they appear to be less strict now, but when the new law comes into play we can expect to need full identification with everybody. Any poker site that does not then require full ID may well be a bit on the dodgy side.

Betfair originally demanded KYC indentification on the threat of having your account closed...they appear to be less strict now' date=' but when the new law comes into play we can expect to need full identification with everybody. Any poker site that does not then require full ID may well be a bit on the dodgy side.[/quote'] Surely if you have given all the necessary information to Neteller you should not have to give it to every site? It will soon be necessary to give your passport details to buy a copy of the Beano online :rollin

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Just found this * Personal Identification – Photo ID required eg: * Copy of Passport, Copy of Drivers licence (new version) If no Photo ID available then a copy of an official document – Birth Certificate/UK Old style licence, Marriage Certificate etc. * Proof of address Copy of Utility Bill or copy of recent Bank Statement / Credit card statement showing residential address. Financial information may be blacked out but we need to clearly see the Name, address and account number *Proof of source of Funds Copy of front of a card used to fund account (Note for security you can black out main card number except for last 4 digits) Copy of Bank Statement for the Bank account used to fund your Betfair account. Copy of Credit/Debit Card statement used to fund account . Financial information may be blacked out but we need to clearly see the Name, address and account number

Just found this * Personal Identification – Photo ID required eg: * Copy of Passport, Copy of Drivers licence (new version) If no Photo ID available then a copy of an official document – Birth Certificate/UK Old style licence, Marriage Certificate etc. * Proof of address Copy of Utility Bill or copy of recent Bank Statement / Credit card statement showing residential address. Financial information may be blacked out but we need to clearly see the Name, address and account number *Proof of source of Funds Copy of front of a card used to fund account (Note for security you can black out main card number except for last 4 digits) Copy of Bank Statement for the Bank account used to fund your Betfair account. Copy of Credit/Debit Card statement used to fund account . Financial information may be blacked out but we need to clearly see the Name, address and account number
Yes, lovely - but my original post was about Carbon Poker who insist on me following an E mail link which asks for my credit card number, photostats of the front and back of the card, plus photostats of my driving license or passport. The bank have advised me not to to this of course.

• 2 months later...

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! I cannot say blacklist the Crypto network but I would advise to stay clear. Action is increasingly difficult to get at low limits and worse, when you do get action you find you've been playing The Crypto Gangs. Induced by an special Email offer from SunPoker I made a deposit but constantly found when I managed to find a game after quite a while the table suddenly emptied and I was alone or with one other player. The Crypo Gangs clearly know each other and are very evident on all games including limit Holdem and Omaha Hi Lo. They should be on private tables. If this is all the action I can get the Crypto can forget it ( apart from William Hill 5 by 5 of course - lol).

• 2 months later...

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Hello! Haven't been on for ages but thought I would warn you about Titan. Really good and easy to play poker room with a great "jackpot" tourney. 6 consecutive wins or 2nd places and you get a consolation prize. I won the consolation back in May and got paid out. I made a withdrawl recently and they decided the reduse my withdrawl to cover "an overpayment" from the consolation prize. No warning and no real explanation. As I remember the amount paid to me was correct but as it was so long ago I cannot prove it. So they just withdrew my money from my account without either warning me or explaining it. Beware. Dan

Hello! Haven't been on for ages but thought I would warn you about Titan. Really good and easy to play poker room with a great "jackpot" tourney. 6 consecutive wins or 2nd places and you get a consolation prize. I won the consolation back in May and got paid out. I made a withdrawl recently and they decided the reduse my withdrawl to cover "an overpayment" from the consolation prize. No warning and no real explanation. As I remember the amount paid to me was correct but as it was so long ago I cannot prove it. So they just withdrew my money from my account without either warning me or explaining it. Beware. Dan
Hey Danno :D Great to see you pop in again - hope everything is going well :ok

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Are you a PartyGaming person? Are you aware that they take money out of your PartyAccount? If it becomes inactive they take $5 every month until you have nothing left. They say it is in the terms and conditions and I don't doubt it but I do doubt how prominently it is displayed. I also doubt the morality of this action. If they are going to take someone elses money then they could at least give some warning first. They took the balance out of my account then said if I played a cash game I would be reactivated - how could I when they had taken what cash I had left? I joined to play backgammon in the PL tournaments which were good but apart from those arranged games there was never enough players and you would wait ages for a game and give up without playing. So I forgot about PartyGammon and played poker. Then they took the money :@ only $3.90 but it was mine and its not the amount it's the principle. I'll stick with my poker and I'll be avoiding PartyThing sites. Silverun

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Yeah it's pretty poor from Party..... They took millions of player contributed funds from their Monster promotion too, (Using US law as an excuse :unsure) which I dont think I can ever forgive them for..... No wonder the plc is doing so badly - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6968062.stm (yet 888.com - facing similar circumstances are booming....)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! Eurobet have a freeroll for new depositors, I requested the pw and got sent this: Sender: Poker Date: 23-02-08 16:37 Subject: RE: welcome free roll Message: Dear Mr.Fraz, Thank you for contacting us Please be advised that password is TAHOE If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact either myself or any other customer service advisors. Kind regards Annalisa Eurobet Customer Services Seven minutes after the start of the tourney! (which was 16:30)

Re: The Poker Blacklist - Places not to play! We have been in contact with a representative for PokerRoom today, and they have agree to pay WASP a further $1,000 in recognition of their failings in this matter before. In addition they will give him an apology with an acknowledgement that he didn't get the prize he won or the customer service he deserved... We have had very brief contact with Brian tonight and the indication is that this kind of settlement will be the kind of agreement that "will make things right". As a result PuntersLounge is now removing the blacklisting of PokerRoom, with immediate effect. Our member will shortly receive reperation in lieu of what he originally expected and deserved. This thread will be removed as a sticky, but will remain visible. If Brian tells us that in his eyes this has been "made good", then we will remove the thread and look to move forward.

We have been in contact with a representative for PokerRoom today' date=' and they have agree to pay WASP a further $1,000 in recognition of their failings in this matter before. In addition they will give him an apology with an acknowledgement that he didn't get the prize he won or the customer service he deserved... We have had very brief contact with Brian tonight and the indication is that this kind of settlement will be the kind of agreement that "will make things right". As a result PuntersLounge is now removing the blacklisting of PokerRoom, with immediate effect. Our member will shortly receive reperation in lieu of what he originally expected and deserved. This thread will be removed as a sticky, but will remain visible. If Brian tells us that in his eyes this has been "made good", then we will remove the thread and look to move forward.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clapgreat news

• 1 month later...

Betdaq Poker - Avoid At All Costs!!!!! I have just played in a poker tournament on betdaq poker (it was a rebuy tournament). Top 18 players got paid. 1 of the tables was frozen after about 15 minutes and was frozen right up until the prize money started then they got unfrozen! Most of the players had around their starting chips some with only 500 chips. All 10 of the players on the frozen tables got between 50 and 80 Euro each and they hardly had to play any poker as their table only started playing again once they were in the money!!! My table was not frozen so i had to try and compete for the top 9 places rather than 18 because 9 of the players could not be eliminated! I ended up coming 21st and therefore out of the money - I did not get paid. I emailed Betdaq about this and they offered me some VIP points!!!!! VIP POINTS!!!! The frozen table was guaranteed to get 9 of the 18 places available because none of them had to actually play any hands and therefore could never be eliminated!!! I have never seen anything like this before and i feel totally robbed. AVOID BETDAQ POKER AT ALL COSTS! Cheers

Re: Betdaq Poker - Avoid At All Costs!!!!!

Never had any problems with Poker Stars!
But stars are regulated by Kawahanke (sp?) Gaming Commission - who also regulated Absolute - and look what happened there - not sure you can trust them :tongue2 Need to find someone else.....