** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cheltenham 8/12

Woodie

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 Just want to post my initial fancies tomorrow, as I'm not sure what time I will have tomorrow. 12.10 - Standin Order 12.45 - Supreme Tadgh EW 1.20 - Nil Desperandum EW/Nil Alco EW 1.55 - Ivoire de Beaulieu EW 2.30 - Manhattan Boy 3.05 - Jockster EW 3.40 - Smart Street EW Will wanna check the prices in the morning if I have time and have a final look over the selections of course, but I'm not sure how busy I will be.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12

Sport Horse Racing
Event 1.55 Cheltenham
Selection Spot the Difference
Strength 10/10
Date 08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ SP (Back)
Reasoning Your find it hard to find another horse that goes so well at Cheltenham he's a course expert and especially in these cross country races. Backed him last time when he won over c&d. His Cheltenham record is 10 starts 5 wins a a 2nd! over this distance reads 7 starts, 5 wins & a 2nd. He stays all day and will like the ground. Even though he's 13 years young now and with top weight I reckon he can follow up from his success here last month, jockey knows how to ride him too. Last years winner Ivoire De Beaulieu has to be respected 8th behind std last month and is getting weight from him this time round and with Ferdy Murphy's runners usually need the run first time out should be closer than last month. Out of the others Le Duc & Silver Birch all have a good shout Silver Birch is a proven stayer but hasn't shown much since winning the Welsh National but wouldn't be a surprise if he ran a cracker. Le Duc needs to improve his jumping to stand a chance for stable who are on good form.
Sport Horse Racing
Event 3.40 Cheltenham
Selection French Saulaie (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ SP (Back)
Reasoning 16 length winner on English debut 7 months ago shouldn't be a worry the long adsense. Top Jockey on board, trainer has won this race 3 times in the past 5 years which is always good to see. Kicks for Free is the one they have to beat but French Saulaie looked to show enough quality on his debut to give a good shout here at a decent price.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 Really fancy Refinement in the 3.05, all the ticks in the right places, trip, ground, jockey, course, fitness and likes to be covered up early to help him settle and with loads of runners McCoy will be able to pick them off in the home straight. My EW fancy today is Dhehdahh in the 2.30. Won over course and distance last time carrying top weight in the Jewson final, gone up afew pounds but has lots of potential just needs the consistancy, had a nice break and apart from the fav the race doesnt look that hot to me and with 4 places the 16/1 looks decent value.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 1:20 boylepoker.com Chase (Handicap) (Listed Race) (Class 1) Innox (12/1 rpf) Form has been horrible since its last win. Only 5 wins in 44 races lifetime but two of the 5 have been with McCoy on board. Looking to make it trois for trois :lol with the jock driving. A P must ride or no bet.

Just want to post my initial fancies tomorrow, as I'm not sure what time I will have tomorrow. 12.10 - Standin Order 12.45 - Supreme Tadgh EW 1.20 - Nil Desperandum EW/Nil Alco EW 1.55 - Ivoire de Beaulieu EW 2.30 - Manhattan Boy 3.05 - Jockster EW 3.40 - Smart Street EW Will wanna check the prices in the morning if I have time and have a final look over the selections of course, but I'm not sure how busy I will be.
12.10 - Standin Order - Has won 3/4 times on the course and is a distance winner, and has won 3/3 Chase races. Class animal it seems, and already beaten Openide here LTO. 12.45 - Supreme Tadgh EW - Although pulled up a few times, if you take these out of the equasion has an good record. Competitive race but has a chance if can basically not pull up! Real sorry, gotta leave for work. Will be taking those other picks also, but aint got time to write a tiny bit.... Good luck everyone for today, good day here! :hope

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 Horse: MODEL SON Course: Cheltenham Time: 1.20 On a good mark today, as hinted at again by bold show at big odds in My Will´s race here last month; could be argued he did not see out 3m3f that day, but equally seemed to find 3m too short at Festival here but rain would surely suit. Horse: LE DUC Course: Cheltenham Time: 1.55 Spotthedifference faces a mammoth task at the weights today, and appears vulnerable to Le Duc who is a sound jumper and should take a liking to the unque course. Horse: MATERIAL WORLD Course: Cheltenham Time: 3.05 I fancy Sue Smith’s raider to turn the Fav (Refinment) over if stripping fit here with nearly a stone difference in weight. Much improved last season, twice over 2m6f (including success in good prize at Wincanton) and then showing she also gets 3m when runner-up to Refinement on good to soft at Aintree.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 As per EW fancies thread : French Saulaie 3.40 Cheltenham RP f/c 8/1 Earned a higher speed figure on his only start in Britain when winning an ordinary looking Worcester novice hurdle than any of his rivals today. Should be open to plenty of improvement too as he won on the bridal that day. Good luck, Fatz.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 12.45 Chelters - Saucy Night @ 25/1 - Won very easily over this distance time before last in a cl4 carrying 11s 2, then tryed over 3m, and was 5/2 fav, carrying 11s 12 but was never travelling well so pulled up 3 or 4 out. Back to this trip again, good low weight and R Johnson up, is worth another chance. The Major.

SportHorse Racing
Event1.20 Cheltenham
SelectionMy Will
Strength5/10
Date08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.20 (Back)
ReasoningProgressive horse who is surely better than a handicapper. 2nd in a Grade 1 last season and won on seasonal reappearance at the open meeting last month. Has gone up in the weights since but is still improving and conditions look perfect today. Should take plenty of beating and looks a very attractive price.
SportHorse Racing
Event1.20 Cheltenham
SelectionMy Will (to place)
Strength10/10
Date08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.66 (Back)
ReasoningProgressive horse who is surely better than a handicapper. 2nd in a Grade 1 last season and won on seasonal reappearance at the open meeting last month. Has gone up in the weights since but is still improving and conditions look perfect today. Should take plenty of beating and looks a very attractive price.
SportHorse Racing
Event1.55 Cheltenham
SelectionSpot Thedifference
Strength5/10
Date08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningThese x country races are very exciting to watch and we have a superstar amongst the ranks in 13yr old Spot thedifference. He goes for his 6th win round this course today and in what looks a weaker race than normal, he should get it. He gives weight away to all but he is a 2 stone better horse round this course and should be able to win again. Plum tee looks the danger but we dont know anything about him yet to make us want to back him.
SportHorse Racing
Event1.55 Cheltenham
SelectionSpot Thedifference (to place)
Strength10/10
Date08/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
ReasoningThese x country races are very exciting to watch and we have a superstar amongst the ranks in 13yr old Spot thedifference. He goes for his 6th win round this course today and in what looks a weaker race than normal, he should get it. He gives weight away to all but he is a 2 stone better horse round this course and should be able to win again. Plum tee looks the danger but we dont know anything about him yet to make us want to back him.

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 All EW bets:- Mambo Des Mottes (12.45 Cheltenham) Good form in France before coming over to England and outclassed in Grade 1 chases. Very lightly raced and promising reappearance (4th at Market Rasen) when, after travelling well, faded at the business end. Will come on for that run and, with a further 2lb fall in the weights, is expected to go close. 8/1 @ Betfred Model Son (1.20 Cheltenham) Good run in G3 lto when 4th here behind My Will. Drop in trip will suit this horse better as will the rain softened ground. At double the price of My Will, worth EW bet here. Most of the other rivals come here with something to prove, several having run poor races lto. 12/1 with Betfred. Ostfanni (3.05 Cheltenham) 1 win from 2 starts here at Cheltenham. Normally campaigned over shorter but has 4 wins from 6 attempts when tried over 2m6f+. Todays trip is 3m. Trainer sends just the one horse here from Cumbria so must have a great EW shout despite 8lb higher mark. Improving sort too after 2nd lto. 11/1 @ Ladbrokes

Horse: MATERIAL WORLD Course: Cheltenham Time: 3.05 I fancy Sue Smith’s raider to turn the Fav (Refinment) over if stripping fit here with nearly a stone difference in weight. Much improved last season, twice over 2m6f (including success in good prize at Wincanton) and then showing she also gets 3m when runner-up to Refinement on good to soft at Aintree.
:clap :clap 9/1 winner

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 The last at Cheltenham looks between the front 3 in the betting but if any of them fail to run to form, what about small stakes EW on these 3 (all have decent enough form to be there or thereabouts):- Shoudhavehadthat 25/1 Battle Cry 33/1 Smart Street 50/1 Prices seem too high for me:ok

Re: Cheltenham 8/12 I seen it at 4/1 cf and thought fook me thats a good price but I did have my doubts. not seen the race but have watched it over this C+D for a couple of years now and I know it was the one to beat. Just thought that it was due to lose today but im glad he won it again at the grand age of 337 years old:lol. Remarkable really:)