** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer

GaF

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Looks like we're going to be clear in 2nd :ok

I think we should defo carry on but play our normal game early on with out going rash try to get a few chips then play tightish
Remember there's $2000 for the team 2nd ;) I'm still convinced that tight tight tight, and letting yourself get blinded away is the best (team) way of playing.... Playing aggressively early on is high risk low reward IMO - if you play tight tight tight you should be getting 150 odd points. Play aggressively and you may get 200 points (gain of 50 points) if successful, but if you go out early you are losing 150 odd points - you need to get your 200 points 75% of the time for it to be positive ev!!! I don't think anyone can do that.....

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer

whats the prize break down gaf cant even find whats for 2nd place never mind what it pays too think we were typing together
Post 1 mate - it's all there ;) $34,000 for the winning team $2000 for the 2nd team

just watching dangeroo from 1st placed team and he is not major short stacked but uses every second of his time bank b4 folding maybe a tactic we can use
I dont like that, but if others are doing it, we are at a disadvantage if we dont, so have no choice I think.......

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Everyone of significance now out and table up to date :ok Just seen on the Betfair forum a "hit list" :lol :lol dangero aristons winnings 431 Mandylou aristons winnings 351 Sydney06 aristons winnings 393 tc34 aristons winnings 429 And1 POKERFORUM.nu 452 DanGlimne POKERFORUM.nu 173 Hannah86 POKERFORUM.nu 364 Mattepro2 POKERFORUM.nu 326 BurnleyJo PuntersLounge Christmas Turkeys 376 Dave488 PuntersLounge Christmas Turkeys 428 fennersPL PuntersLounge Christmas Turkeys 147 Telepe PuntersLounge Christmas Turkeys 437 im tricky Stonie and his merry men 258 Razga Stonie and his merry men 384 skodko87 Stonie and his merry men 414 StonieN Stonie and his merry men 331

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Hi Sharks, Betfair table shows us 19th out of 58 teams - 739 points behind the leaders.Its a respectable position and we certainly haven't disgraced ourselves, but its like we've played 2 games to the leaders 3. Now I'm personally quite happy to play another one before retiring (unless we really play like demons) from the competition. The scoring system being used and the "solid if boring" play of the leaders make the odds somewhat against us getting to first or second, so I can see the argument for retiring now. Betfair, if they had designed a better scoring system could have made this a much better competition :spank . My personal decision is to play one more, which I think I'll do whether we have a full team or not. It's based on the fact that I had a reasonably profitable month in November (by my meagre standards :lol ) and I feel the experience is worth $30 (and I'd like to think theres a possibility of finishing in the good money :hope ). So Edward, Kevin, Paul what do you think? Theres (IMHO) no compunction on any of you guys to play a 4th and with the odds a (little) stacked against us I can quite understand if you decide that a dignified retreat is in order. I suggest, decisions required by Saturday lunchtime as (possibly) some people might have alternative Sunday night committments and also some of the decisions might be of the "I'll play if the rest are playing" type, Anyway, whatever the outcome I've enjoyed the competition so far :cheers .

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Hell it must be worth playing when half the field(although less now perhaps) just want to finish in 90th place theres massive added value. No pressure what so ever now so lets pillage some $$$$'s out of this. (allthough I do think there's ben a few doing that allready). And at least between us we have lost less than the turkeys so far.

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Turkeys Rule - afterall it is nearly Christmas :ok Agree the scoring system from Betfair is poor - any team that can get all of their players limping into 50th to 100th place in every game will walk this..... For the Turkeys - still plenty of time for Ariston to have a disaster - it will only take one bad evening from them....... (two of them getting a KK v AA run out? Holding AA and a K coming on the flop ;) )

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Sharks I- think (hope my interpretation is right) we're up for 1 more, so hopefully will see you all at 8:00 tonight. Team tactics for tonight are "No Team Tactics" :lol - basically play our normal games and try and take down the money - hopefully we'll all do well and progress far enough to justify a 5th game - if we do badly then I think iwe'll defiitely be too far adrift to catch the leaders and then its an individual decision as to whether the games got money making potential. I'm assuming at the moment that the games count as snowball points - so I'll be playing a 5th whatever.... Chess, haven't heard from you - you up for tonight?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Looks like the Sharks are 2 short tonight (only me and fivepenny (glceud). Personally I blame the captain :cry . So to me it looks like the team is dead :cry . So tonight its gonna definitely be me and glceud playing as individuals and out for blood money :hope . oops theres 3 of us - apologies chess

Burnley Joe out in 175th for 9 points :sad Needs a good performance from the rest of us!!!!! Lucky the 2nd placed team are 2 short (I have got that right haven't I?)
Yep, i can't see M.M or MrBlue, which as it happens are their 2 most consistent players.