Home Game - January 19th? - Kent

Guest gazza271

Re: Home Game - July 27th or 28th - Kent

Please note the new announcement here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50123 Sorry but it can't be allowed, due to the legal issues surrounding it. Home games that are organised offline from PL, are however, none of PL's business.
As the host of the last home game, which raised this issue, I would appreciate a fuller explanation of the situation. Was concern raised by an advertiser on PL, or a forum member? Wouldn't something along the lines of 'PL does not condone under age gambling' suffice? Does tournament (as opposed to cash game) poker constitute betting? Alan had the courtesy to ask us all if we had any objection to his son playing - nobody did. Connor appeared perfectly well balanced and mature to me, and was a credit to his parents. Alan himself asked for other members thoughts on his son playing poker earlier in the year: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43852 Although his age is not stated, it was clear that Connor was under 18 from the following sentence: now i am very proud of my son but is it morally right or wrong for such a young lad to be playing poker? I am curious to know why there was no PL response at the time, but there has been following the home game. Without further clarification, I will also not be attending future games, which will be a shame, as both previous games have been great nights with good company, good poker and a few beers.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Home Game - July 27th - Kent Washman, It basically boils down to this....... I wasn't aware that that a tournament arranged on PL, was going to have under 18's there. I was made aware after that game and considering PL is a betting forum and you have to be 18 or over to bet in the UK, that causes me conisderable problems and issues with the bookmakers that advertise on the forum. They would be advertising on a forum where we are effectively encouraging under age gambling, for which PL could be sued by any of the companies that advertise on here. It is certainly not a rule just brought out of the clouds to stop Alan's boys coming. It rules anyone out under the age of 18 if those tournys are organised on PL. It's all very well saying "PL doesn't condone under age gambling", but if it then goes ahead and happens, we're in an even bigger hole. What is organised off PL, is none of PL's business. I have to protect PL, this not personal against anyone.

Re: Home Game - July 27th or 28th - Kent

I seriously doubt that anyone would tell Alan if they DID have a problem with playing poker and drinking beers with and around 11-year-olds.
i would hope the people that know me well enough would tell me,i wouldn`t have been upset at all.

Guest gazza271

Re: Home Game - July 27th - Kent pretty sure we're still on :ok Ben did text me the other night. Will send him a text now to confirm.

Re: Home Game - July 27th - Kent yep alls still ok ,just had probs with my internet access for the last week or so:eyes course you can stay pene:ok will book you and paul a double. sending pms out now with the address and my mobile. anybody else is still welcome so if you want in just ask.