** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (Nov 1)

Wednesday 1 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v Anderlecht (19:45 GMT)1.186.7519.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
AEK Athens v Lille (19:45 GMT)2.403.202.90108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Arsenal v CSKA Moscow (19:45 GMT)1.404.409.75105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreCornersCorners Match BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Benfica v Celtic (19:45 GMT)1.823.354.90106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Copenhagen v Man Utd (19:45 GMT)7.753.901.56103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Hamburg v Porto (19:45 GMT)2.403.203.00107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Lyon v Dinamo Kiev (19:45 GMT)1.206.5016.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Real Madrid v Steaua Bucharest (19:45 GMT)1.206.5017.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed Card

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Real-Steaua Real is OK after last year, they play nice in last matches, at Bucharest, with Steaua, with Barca, and with Nastic they show why Cappello is here... Steaua is KO, they are afraid about Real or Lyon...Steaua isn`t at level of Real and i think good option is handicap. Real-Steaua AH[-1.5] 1 1.6 bet365 10/10

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Match: FC Copenhagen – Manchester United Pick: Manchester United -1 Odds: 1.835 @ Pointbet Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Manchester United travel to Denmark without 3 first-team players in the likes of Neville, Giggs and Saha all missing through injuries. But when one considers their replacements would be a resurgent Solskjaer, an action-packed Fletcher and a proven defender of Wes Brown, there is still sufficient quality within this squad to take all 3 points away from FC Copenhagen no doubt. Winning even though not a necessity as Manchester could settle their qualification at home but Sir Alex Ferguson would undoubtedly want to continue their very fine form to bring back to the league. Manchester United’s super form coming off a 4-0 thrashing of Bolton simply reaffirms the cohesion and attacking prowess this squad has and the wonderful football they play. Ronaldo and Rooney would once again be their main threat and I would doubt FC Copenhagen’s ability to stop these 2 world-class players in fine form. Their last meeting resulted in Manchester United coming away with a 3-0 win in a very one-sided game. I am expecting a similar score-line in this one and fancy Manchester United to win 3-0.

Match: Real Madrid – Steaua Pick: Real Madrid -1.75 Odds: 1.80 @ Bet365 Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Steaua has been found lacking in quality when they come up against the big guns. Home losses by margins of 3 goals illustrate the huge disparity in class here and a visit to Real Madrid hardly makes things any easier. Steaua would know the task at hand is a difficult one. Since their last meeting, Real Madrid had gone on to win 2 successive league games and one of them was away at the Nou Camp against Barcelona. Real Madrid would also have the luxury of having more or less a complete team-sheet, something Steaua is lacking. With Van Nisterooy and co scoring for fun right now, even the staunchest of Real Madrid critics must admit the clear outcome every sign points to. I would expect another good showing by Real Madrid to solidify their Champion’s League qualification and they should have little difficulty cruising to an easy win here. Real Madrid to win 4-0.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Here are my choices.. Notice Man.united -1 at 2.50.!!!!!:nana

>Bet365 @ 2.50 (Back)
This one is crazy!! Man.United will winn this one. they are in the best form for years, and they are a much stronger team and better in all places.. But this 2.50, man.u-1 at Bet365, thats GIANT, so hurry up and go to your Bookie..!!! For Sure 10/10 Man.United -1 2.50
>Betfair @ 1.60 (Back)
Lille are playing very strong, and done well in CL.. They are at much stronger team and will not loose this one so with the +0.5 is great.. if there is a winner, it will be Lille.. 10/10 on Lille +0.5
>Betfair @ 2.90 (Back)
Lille are playing very strong, and done well in CL.. They are at much stronger team and will not loose this one so with the +0.5 is great But 2.90 on Lille to win, you have to take it!! Cant leave this one alone. 10/10 Lille 2.90
>Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
Real Madrid are playing much better this season, they can score goals and they are comfident. Steau are not good in Champions-leauge are going to get their hands full in this one..Real are playing some of their best game theese days and scoring goals big time.. 10/10 on Real Madrid -1.75

Re: Champions League (Nov 1)

celtic are gd at home away against a team who play well at home i aint to sure' date=' im even temptin on the benfica -1 i think 2-0 or 3-1 benfica[/quote'] Celtic no good away from home?? Celtic took the game to Man Utd at old trafford only a month back to go down 3-2, and were in poor form and missing key players. If anything they have improved since then and a point will almost guarantee qualification to the next round. I will be favouring a draw in this fixture.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Milan-Anderlecht; -1 (Milan) - 1,60 @ expekt I don't find Anderlecht to be any good away team, and I don't think they will qualify from the group either. Milan won away 0-1 and I think they will take another win. 2-0. Arsenal-CSKA Moscow; 1 - 1,35 @ expekt Arsenal lost in a controversial way, the "handball" gave CSKA the victory. Still in a way they did deserve it, they played very good in the 1st half while Arsenal only came back in the last 10-15min. However this time Arsenal will finish the job and win. 3-1. Hamburg-Porto; 2 - 3,00 @ expekt Think Porto has a very good chance to take another win against HSV, even if it is away. Hamburg have started the season very bad and Porto is a talented team. I think they could very well get a win. +1 @ 1,55 is decent enough too, can't see Porto loose this one. 1-2. FC Copenhagen-Manchester U; 2 - 1,45 @ expekt I don't think it will be too many goals. I saw much of the last game, and I just didn't get a safe feeling from United at times. I went for the overs that time, and JUST got it in the last minutes with a misstake by the keeper! They don't seem to want to score goals when they have a comfortable lead. Still United should win no doubt, but I'll go for the straight win. Maybe put a small bet on -1 @ 2,30. 0-2. Real Madrid-Steau; -1 (Real) - 1,55 @ expekt No need to much of a writing on this one. It feels a safe bet really, Real should win and easy. They are starting to get better and better, and this should be no problem! Over 2,5 @ 1,55...also a safe bet! 4-0. Lyon-Dinamo Kiev; -1 (Lyon) - 1,55 @ expekt Again, not much need to explain this one. Lyon won 0-3 away and are doing very well in both league and CL! Also over 2,5 @ 1,70 seems a very good bet! :beer Good Night. :zzz And GL on all your bets! :hope

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Not too much takes my fancy on Wednesday outright. Will probably look for some handicap bets. Lyon, Man Utd, Real Madrid & Milan look the likely suspects in a straight looking forward night. Fancy Porto to add to struggling Hamburgs troubles by grabbing a good win there.

What about Benfica - Celtic? 5 times your money for a celtic win is too much. Do you have any info?
Vennegoor of Hesselink i Craig Beattie are OUT. As a result we will have the attacking duo Żurawski - Miller (again) or Shaun Maloney being pushed into the attasking line. Sorry guys but these are not the players who are capable of making a suprise in Lisbon "hooot" Estádio da Luz Stadium. Okay, Miller was good in the 1st Leg at home but overall Benfica didn't deserce (IMO) for such a high result 0-3. Żurawski is not convincing in the european cups and he will never be as I know this player: good for Polish League & Scottish SPL but too poor for World Cup & Champions League level etc. Benfica is in must-win position so I am sure they will again try 4-2-3-1 with 4 offensive players: 3(Miccoli-Nuno Assis-Simao) - 1(Nuno Gomes) and play only for a win (draw is a loos for them). For me that will be a HOME WIN (1.90) and the only fact that still keeps me away from this bet is poor odds. However, if I get something +2.00 I will definately take BENFICA :rollin

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Write Celtic off at your leisure, they r in gd domestic form and anyone who knows about the Celts will be able to tell ya they r capable of anything on their day, they want qualification more than anything and I believe if the Ports do win, they'll have to work their socks of , anything less and expect to c the bhoys in the next round.!! Hail Hail

My bets for tonight are: Aek-lille........under 2.5 goals Arsenal..........over 2.5 goals Milan..........under 2.5 goals!!!!!!!! Any doubts guys?Agree or disagree?
Looks ok, but the only one i think is a good bet is Aek-lille........under 2.5 goals. CSKA will be looking for the draw today and they sure can close it down. I'm very interested in Milan game and i think the best play is to stay away from over/under. Can they score 3 goals today by themselves? I think they will, if they have even 50% of the energy they had during Milan derby, it’s all over for Anderlecht.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Real Madrid - Steaua PICK:OVER 2.5 1.62@Betfair Stake:10/10 In last few matches,Real reminds me on good old days.Don Capello have finally found his best XI,there is no more Zidane,Figo...Ronaldo and Beckham are sitting on the bench,so it`s wrong to call them "galacticos" - now they are team! Steaua comes on Bernabeu without hope.Spaniards smashed them two weeks ago in Bucharest with great performance from Robinho and Van Nistelrooy.Same attacking duo tonight will go for the new goal-fiesta. However,it is not impossible STeaua to score,they have power for this task,so over is the best bet for this kind of match! Benfica - Celtic PICK:1 1.97@Betfair Stake:10/10 Benfica is in must-win situation for tonight`s match.They played very good against Celtic two weeks ago,but were unlucky to score and later they were punished from counter-attacks.Portugese side made some improvements in the last few league games,they lost on saturday in Porto conceeding in extra-time.Miccoli is back in the team,so Benfica with full squad and full crowd will go for the first win in CL. Real Madrid (-1 EH) - Steaua PICK: Real Madrid (-1 EH) 1.58@Unibet Stake:10/10 Nothing much to add if you have read my explanation for OVER in this game.Real is in great shape now,so I expect them easy to cover this handicap.I was thinking to go for Real Madrid(-2 EH) but it is too risky.This is much safer bet! Hamburg - Porto PICK:UNDER 2.5 1.66@10Bet Stake:10/10 HSV is struggling at the momment.This is not the same team fromlast year,without Van Buyten,Van Der Vaart and Barbarez,they are much weaker in all lines.Germans have some serious problems in attack,Ljuboja and Sanogo are not top class players,so HSV coludn`t score even against Hanover in Bundesliga last weekend! Now they are facing Porto,who demolished HSV two weeks ago - 4:1!I expect from Portugese champions to slow the game and wait for chance in counters.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) wouldn't stake any over on a game involving ac millan, before the derby game their results are nearly always under,as for tonight lille not to lose seems the way to go for me, if you ignore the french cup game they have gone six games unbeaten and even then the lose was to lyon, who doesn't lose to them. There is the risk of the draw but can't seem them losing.

any names?
Here are the missing players, according to the official site of Dynamo: Rincon, Correa, Ninkovich, Fedorov, Vashtuk, Sablic, Rotan I believe only Rincon, Correa and Sablic played for Dynamo in the previous CL matches. Spelling is highly doubtful because I read them in Cyrillic but hope that helps anyway. Looks like an easy match for Lyon.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) Arsenal should comfortably defeat CSKA Moscow at the Emirates Stadium in the Champions League tonight. The Gunners lost the reverse fixture 1-0 a fortnight ago but felt they were unfairly deprived of a point when Thierry Henry had a late goal disallowed for offside. Knowing that a win will put them in a strong position to qualify for the knockout stages should further motivate Arsene Wenger's team. Arsenal opened their campaign with victories over Hamburg and Porto, and this is a good opportunity for them to regain their momentum. They are best at 4/11 with Bet365Those backers unwilling to play at that price should put them in a double with Manchester United, 4/9 with Bet365. United, who brushed aside Bolton 4-0 last weekend, should be too strong for their hosts, FC Copenhagen. The double comes out at just under even money. Arsenal/ManUtd double Other advice:Bet365 Man Utd -over 3 goals @ 9/4-Thrashed Bolton 4-0 at the weekend and Rooney is back on form. Draw-Arsenal - @ 10/3 HT/FT-Played well against Arsenal and although the Gunners will win this Moscow will be happy going into the 2nd half with a draw.

Re: Champions League (Nov 1) thx SaberBlade83 & cluelessG :beer Hmmm, the absences of Diego Rincon and Correa probably means that Dynamo will change its tactic and play with two attackers Milevsku - Kleber which means that the visitors will do the whole hog in Lyon. I am not saying that team from Kiev will win but they are much more experienced that Steaua so if I had to choose from Real or Lyon tonight, I am taking the Spanish. Robinho-PhilippeDESMAZES.jpg