** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Poker Records - Sensibleboy

sensibleboy

Re: Poker Records - Sensibleboy Just played in two games. 3rd in first one and won next. In first game was doing well but went down to a low stack before fighting on. Into final 3 and eventually a bluff failed when my A6 ran into AK which rightly held up. $20, profit = $9 Second game, dominated for most of the way. Dominated in heads up and opponent tried to bluff with 10 3, I had KQ suited and took all his chips for the win when a K came on the flop. :). $50, profit = $39 Bank: $237

Re: Poker Records - Sensibleboy Mate, your bad beats are nothing of the sort - just favourites getting overturned. Can you post some hand histories? Maybe you are playing the hands badly and inviting an outdraw? Maybe you are just being unlucky with the hands (and forgetting all of the times you are lucky) I think it's important for you to get to the bottom of it, because you do appear to react emotionally to it and that can well be impacting your game (and making it worse)

Re: Poker Records - Sensibleboy

I dont react emotionally to it' date=' its only a game. it just pisses me off as the bad players win more than the good players lose. (money wise)[/quote'] Not meaning to have a go, but I've tried not responding to this and can't stop myself. I wish you the best with this and applaud the fact that you're posting losses etc. But this post makes no sense. On any level. Getting pissed off is what reacting emotionally means. Bad players winning more than good players lose - if I've read that right, it's a zero sum game, so this is impossible. And a good player is just one who wins over time, so if good players are consistently losing they are, in fact, not good players. I think GaFs suggestion that you post hand histories is a good one - you'll get a lot of useful advice from people on here :)

I dont react emotionally to it' date=' its only a game. it just pisses me off as the bad players win more than the good players lose. (money wise)[/quote'] Sorry mate, but this is rubbish - if it pisses you off you ARE reacting emotionally to it! And the idea that the bad players win more than the good players lose just isn't true. I spend half my poker playing life shoving chips in when I'm behind, and when it goes to a showdown, I lose roughly the expected amount of times.

Re: Poker Records - Sensibleboy I disagree (with croc) - $200 gives you a minimum of 18 games and even if you are slighly in over your head more likely 30+ games. Iif you get down to $0 then (IMHO) you will have proven that the general level of opposition is better than your and you should think of downsizing :eek or seriously re-evaluating your play. One aspect of playing a whole series is that some of the opposition will be regulars and have sussed your playing style and adjusted their play............ so you start off winning and then start to tail off. [aside] I sometimes think that it would be fun (and possiby profitable) to play a few games where you ignore logic and make all decisions rolling a 12-sided dice that would have instructions like "fold","all-in", "bet pot","raise" etc. - in fact from observation I sometimes suspect Jaded has one of these which he occasionally gets out for feerolls and cheapo games :rollin . Maybe I should patent the idea - could call them "Muppet Dice"!

[aside] I sometimes think that it would be fun (and possiby profitable) to play a few games where you ignore logic and make all decisions rolling a 12-sided dice that would have instructions like "fold","all-in", "bet pot","raise" etc. - in fact from observation I sometimes suspect Jaded has one of these which he occasionally gets out for feerolls and cheapo games :rollin . Maybe I should patent the idea - could call them "Muppet Dice"!
Why on earth would you think that, Phil? :unsure My dice only have "fold" and "all-in" on! :loon

Re: Poker Records - Sensibleboy Mate it seems like you're almost looking forward to losing your bankroll so that you can stop playing. :sad I did that when I went through a bad run and I wish someone had told me this so please don't dismiss it out of hand. Stop. Don't play anymore. Have a complete break, do something else with your time. If you want a game of cards why not learn how to play Gin Rummy at Gameaccount.com or play Backgammon for a bit. Have a go at learning how to play Omaha or stud. Anything to stop this cycle. At the same time you could do a bit of poker reading and find your own answer to this problem.

Mate it seems like you're almost looking forward to losing your bankroll so that you can stop playing. :sad I did that when I went through a bad run and I wish someone had told me this so please don't dismiss it out of hand. Stop. Don't play anymore. Have a complete break, do something else with your time. If you want a game of cards why not learn how to play Gin Rummy at Gameaccount.com or play Backgammon for a bit. Have a go at learning how to play Omaha or stud. Anything to stop this cycle. At the same time you could do a bit of poker reading and find your own answer to this problem.
Well said:clap I think more or less everyone on PL has been through some kind of losing run - involving lots of perceived bad-beats too. Just take a break and come back fresh, you'll feel a lot better for it.

Ive just had a break and am only back into it last week though. Read a few books but it doesnt help one bit. Classic example, just got knocked out another tourney with QJ against a 10 2, its the fact I got called by a 10 2 that annoyed me.
I think you have to analyse your game, if you're consistently going out to bad-beats you are doing something wrong. Post some hand-histories up along with your betting and thinking during the hand and let people give you some opinions and constructive advice. Even if you disagree with what people have to say it will at least give you food for thought. P.S. I take it from the badbeats that mansion have now started using partypoker's software;)

Ive just had a break and am only back into it last week though. Read a few books but it doesnt help one bit. Classic example, just got knocked out another tourney with QJ against a 10 2, its the fact I got called by a 10 2 that annoyed me.
I thought you were laughing about it now? :tongue2 As Mr V has said, a break can help refresh you, HOWEVER that won't help IF you are playing badly (I'm not saying you are - I haven't seen you play, I don't know). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some hand histories - PL has a wealth of knowledge and talent - MAYBE someone can help? Maybe someone can provide you with some insight into why that muppet "called with 10 2", which will help ...... BUT if we don't have solid information, just emotional outbursts such as "Classic example, just got knocked out another tourney with QJ against a 10 2, its the fact I got called by a 10 2 that annoyed me" then noone has any proper information to help you (or themselves). IT CAN BE RIGHT TO CALL AN ALL IN IN A TOURNAMENT WITH 10 - 2!!!