** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Party Poker - Finished

sensibleboy

Re: Party Poker - Finished Well i wouldnt play there and I have a bank manager who gave me a loan based on my only income which comes via my neteller account. Tried clearing bonuses there a dozen times and failed, were as I have only ever failed once at any other site. Every time they give me free money it is always done within half an hour. The only thing I can think of now is it is some sort of deep rooted psychological problem with the colouring of the graphics. Either that or I just dont want to win there so I can moan about something. Any small stakes players who regulary show a profit at party comparable with other sites please stand up now. (no freerollers please) If there arent any I rest my case

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Party Poker - Finished Poker is a zero sum game, for every winner there is a loser. Money is niether created nor destroyed, it just changes hands, only exception to this being the rake. It's not like a bookies where they can make profit or lose depending on the results. If you show me a 100 people losing on a site, there must be 100 people somewhere winning. The site get's it percentage regardless of the result, it doesn't care who wins. As for no point in debating this, look at my signature and think about what I mean. I'm always happy to be proven wrong about something, because it means I've gained knowledge. I just don't see any facts behind this, just "I've lost so it must be someone elses fault, software must be wrong", "I was favourite going into a hand and lost" doesn't take into account any maths or probability. You posted 3 so called bad beats over the course of a couple of hours, online poker will average something like 80 hands an hour, I think the worst example you posted was an 8/1 shot, asusme you've played 160 hands, you're going to hit these all the time. If every hand you played during that time was an 8/1 shot in your favour, you'd expect to lose about 20, so wtf are you whinging about 3 ?? If I'm wrong tell me, I'll be glad to listen and admit it

Re: Party Poker - Finished Actually, I did see a post on another forum about Party Poker being fixed that I found quite persuasive:

For example, I had K5, the flop comes 777, everyone checks, next card come K so i havea full boat. I bet & get one caller. She had the other 7. Not that this is impossible. But it seems like they put the K out here on purpose.... and I don't mean to sound like a sore loser but this was after about 4 terrible beats already. In my last game I got dealt A10, and the flop comes A64. I bet and get two callers. The next card is an A. I bet again and they both call. They BOTH had A6. WTF? Another hand I flop a straight. 3-7. I bet & get one caller. a 2 comes up next. I beta gain and the guy goes all in. He gets a flush on the turn.
The hand with the 777 flop and the one where his flopped straight gets beaten by a flush are just run of the mill, but the one where he's dealt A10 is more worrying, I think. If that kind of thing happened regularly, then I would be convinced that the site was rigged.

Re: Party Poker - Finished

Actually, I did see a post on another forum about Party Poker being fixed that I found quite persuasive: The hand with the 777 flop and the one where his flopped straight gets beaten by a flush are just run of the mill, but the one where he's dealt A10 is more worrying, I think. If that kind of thing happened regularly, then I would be convinced that the site was rigged.
These hands are going to happen - live and online. If they didn't happen, it would be absolutely amazing. Why would Party Poker rig their software??? And it would cost a hell of a lot more money to rig the software, than not to. Personally I don't like Party Poker (because of their stance with the US players), and have withdrawn my money on the back of it - but I don't find it any different from any other site - and my results there are the same (if not slightly better) - although now the US players have gone, it might be different.

Re: Party Poker - Finished I can't believe some people are still trying to claim poker is fixed. Why would any site want one specific person to lose? I think of it this way: If you believe a site is rigged, then you also have to believe they're specifically targetting you. If they're not specifically targetting you then it's rigged the same against everyone and no-one has any long-term advantage - so it wouldn't matter. If you really believe that it's rigged and you're being specifically targetted you need help.

Well i wouldnt play there and I have a bank manager who gave me a loan based on my only income which comes via my neteller account. Tried clearing bonuses there a dozen times and failed, were as I have only ever failed once at any other site. Every time they give me free money it is always done within half an hour. The only thing I can think of now is it is some sort of deep rooted psychological problem with the colouring of the graphics. Either that or I just dont want to win there so I can moan about something. Any small stakes players who regulary show a profit at party comparable with other sites please stand up now. (no freerollers please) If there arent any I rest my case
Their initial deposit bonus must be the easiest to clear of any. I deposited $50 in March and played the beginners .05/.10 cent NL tables, I earned the $25 bonus after about 3 hours play, every raked hand counts that you are dealt even if the rake is only .05 cents. If I had realised how easy it was I would have deposited $500 and attempted the higher bonus (20% up to $100) I would not try another bonus as they stop you playing on the beginners tables after about a month.

I can't believe some people are still trying to claim poker is fixed. Why would any site want one specific person to lose? I think of it this way: If you believe a site is rigged, then you also have to believe they're specifically targetting you. If they're not specifically targetting you then it's rigged the same against everyone and no-one has any long-term advantage - so it wouldn't matter. If you really believe that it's rigged and you're being specifically targetted you need help.
I have to say, that shows an uncharacteristic lack of imagination, Paul! Surely you know that a large portion of Party Poker players at lower limits are house-owned bots, and all the ridiculous bad beats are desgned so that the house bots make money. You don't think Party Gaming became a FTSE 100 company just by taking rakes, do you? And although the software may not be rigged against individual players, it's well-known that on Prima (at least before most of their sites stopped accepting Americans), the software was rigged on the basis of your location so that Scandinavians rivered US players far more often than is statistically reasonable. (Both of these are conspiracy theories that some people apparently seriously believe! :eyes I'll leave you to guess where the people who believe the second one come from.)

Still waiting to hear from the people who win consistently at small stakes poker at party. This is not an uncommon thread on poker forums by the way and very rarely is started about prims crypto etc. A lot of very condesending comments on this thread.
I confess - I struggle to beat Party - the $5 STTs are significantly harder than Boss for example - however I'm certain that this is down to my play and not because it's rigged........

Surely you know that a large portion of Party Poker players at lower limits are house-owned bots, and all the ridiculous bad beats are desgned so that the house bots make money. You don't think Party Gaming became a FTSE 100 company just by taking rakes, do you? And although the software may not be rigged against individual players, it's quote] That explains how the tables are always full yet there is never a waiting list, just produce a house bot when there is a seat and as soon as a real player asks for one remove the house bot who has just won a $27 pot with his 10/2 against pkt kings pkt aces and queens. At all site players who inflict bad beats lose, at party they just dissapear.:eek

Re: Party Poker - Finished I used to win most of the time at Party when I first started playing cash games. I then found I went on massive losing streaks and decided to cash out. Then again I find that I go on winning streaks and losing streaks no matter what site I play on. Maybe I should quit all sites after I have won a certain amount.

I used to win most of the time at Party when I first started playing cash games. I then found I went on massive losing streaks and decided to cash out. Then again I find that I go on winning streaks and losing streaks no matter what site I play on. Maybe I should quit all sites after I have won a certain amount.
You didnt know that all sites are rigged to pay out small stakes players in the short term to fuel the addiction? What planet are you on.

Re: Party Poker - Finished I'm not sure what the point is to "no waiting lists" - EVERY poker room has tables with spaces because they can create as many tables as they want. Looking at the 10 seat 50c/$1 PartyPoker tables NOW, I see 13 tables with 10 players, 2 tables with 9 players and the rest are empty. Of the 13 full tables 2 have 3 people waiting, 4 have 2 people waiting, 4 have 1 person waiting and 3 have noone waiting. IF you are not fussy which table you play on, you join one of the 9 seat tables - if you are fussy, then you join the existing waiting lists for that table..... not sure what the issue is - isn't it the same everywhere? :unsure

Still waiting to hear from the people who win consistently at small stakes poker at party.
I do. Party are my 2nd home after SO. I play 10/25c or Omaha PL. I'm up 700 this year (excluding 350 for Monster). I agree, that bad beats on PP are horrendous, but it works both ways. I run through a book "How to play on PP" (not that it made me any smarter playing on there) and there seems to be some patterns (according to book) when dealing cards. Some kind of waves of very good cards and extremely bad beats. I know it sounds crazy, but I must agree to some point. I can have 5-6 very good hands and other time, it doesn't matter how good my hand is, some one has always got better one. Sorry I cant be any more constructive, but I, like few others on here, have no time for bad beats. Suck it up, stop crying or stop playing poker :ok.

Still waiting to hear from the people who win consistently at small stakes poker at party. This is not an uncommon thread on poker forums by the way and very rarely is started about prims crypto etc. A lot of very condesending comments on this thread.
Have you tried Googling "prima rigged", "cryptologic rigged", "poker stars rigged", "full tilt rigged", etc., etc.? At least until the SAFE Ports Act, the number of people playing on Party completely dwarfed the number playing on Prima and Crypto sites, so of course there were more people moaning about them. I've only played tournaments on Party (actually I rarely play cash games anywhere), but I've certainly read forums where players who claim to have made a consistent profit on Party are speculating about where all the US fish will be playing now. The internet is full of anecdotal "evidence" that Party (and other sites) are rigged. What I've never seen is statistical evidence, and with software like Poker Tracker, etc., available, it shouldn't be that hard to gather evidence.

I'm not sure what the point is to "no waiting lists" - EVERY poker room has tables with spaces because they can create as many tables as they want. Looking at the 10 seat 50c/$1 PartyPoker tables NOW, I see 13 tables with 10 players, 2 tables with 9 players and the rest are empty. Of the 13 full tables 2 have 3 people waiting, 4 have 2 people waiting, 4 have 1 person waiting and 3 have noone waiting. IF you are not fussy which table you play on, you join one of the 9 seat tables - if you are fussy, then you join the existing waiting lists for that table..... not sure what the issue is - isn't it the same everywhere? :unsure
No at prima some times you can end up to 20th in the waiting list and have to wait half an hour for a game Any way Heniek has the bankroll to prove it isnt rigged so I admit defeat. Unless of course you are Polands biggest Party poker shareholder! The common concern about the "cah out then you lose" theory is easily explained as your play alters as you feel your bankroll should still be at the level it was.

Re: Party Poker - Finished I have a particular reason for being sceptical about anecdotal evidence for poker sites being "rigged". I think it's just human nature to detect "bias". And here's why (anecdotal evidence, admittedly): I play bridge fairly seriously, and I'm involved in a local club. A few years ago, our club (like many others) started using computer dealt hands. This has many advantages, the main one being that players can be given print-outs of all the cards afterwards, and can study them to work out where they went wrong (a bit like hand histories in online poker). As one of the more computer literate members of the club, I was involved in setting this up. You don't need to know much about bridge to follow this, but there are four players involved in each hand in partnerships ("North and South" and "East and West"). The same cards are played by several different pairs of players during the evening, and the scoring works by comparing how different North-South and East-West pairs do with the same cards. There are various "movements", schemes for determining how the different pairs move to play other pairs and other sets of cards during the evening, and one of the most common for when there are a lot of players is something called a "Mitchell movement", where the North-South pairs stay in the same place all evening, and the East-West pairs move periodically to play different hands aganst different North-South pairs. Bridge being a game played by lots of elderly people, the less mobile pairs tend to play North-South so that they don't have to move, and the younger and more mobile tend to play East-West. So any particular person will tend to play either North-South or East-West most of the time. After a few weeks of playing with computer-dealt hands, several players started coming to talk to me about their worries about the hands not being really random. There were various complaints, but the striking thing is that this included North-South players complaining that "East-West" got the majority of the good cards and East-West players complaining that "North-South" got all the good cards. These are not dishonest people, but I think it's just very easy to convince yourself that the cards are biased against you.

No at prima some times you can end up to 20th in the waiting list and have to wait half an hour for a game
ONLY if you want a specific table (which will be identical at Party I imagine) - I've just looked through the Prima lobby and there is no issue getting on a table - at almost every limit there is a 10 seat table with 9 players ....... and it SHOULD always be like this (If it isn't then it means the Prima software is failing to create new tables....) I can see a SPECIFIC table with a waiting list of 21 - but what does that mean? There's a fish on the table that everyone wants to play against - If I go to a different table I can sit down immediately!!!

ONLY if you want a specific table (which will be identical at Party I imagine) - I've just looked through the Prima lobby and there is no issue getting on a table - at almost every limit there is a 10 seat table with 9 players ....... and it SHOULD always be like this (If it isn't then it means the Prima software is failing to create new tables....) I can see a SPECIFIC table with a waiting list of 21 - but what does that mean? There's a fish on the table that everyone wants to play against - If I go to a different table I can sit down immediately!!!
GaF is right that it can take an age to get on the table you want on Party (or Prima for that matter). Before I sit down to 4 table Party I will datamine 12 tables for an hour and then get on the waiting list for the juiciest 5/6 tables. It can take a while to get 4 of the 6 tables going, but then again many other whores have probably also identified fish or maniacs at the tables. On winning at Party, I play at Party whenever they offer me a bonus and have been beating the 0.5/1 & 1/2 limit games consistently for the past 18 months. The former for approx. 2BB/100 and the latter for about 1 BB/100.. Not great but I am beating the game and the bonus clears quickly 4 tabling. The difficulty with Party is that whilst you want to play against these FISH and Maniacs you are going to suffer greater variance (both +ve and -ve) than you would playing at a table where bets and raises actually tell you a lot about the hand your opponent is holding (especially with Maniacs the info. you get from a raise is very difficult to interpret). The variance on Crypto 1/2 for example is much less for me than on Party. 150BB downswings are not uncommon for me on Party and I am a winning player. I've learnt to deal with them, if I didn't I might as well stop playing now. I know in the long-run though that I will congregate towards 1BB/100 (I'd love to improve this). I still think this thread is a piss-take and I'm wasting my time writing this but then again some people still think Shergar is alive, MI5 killed Diana and that Elvis lives. For me, the latter 3 examples are equally as likely as Party Poker (ex FTSE 100 company, audited by Big 4 Accountants, blah, blah, blah) being rigged. FBF

Re: Party Poker - Finished ive read this whole thread with interest and would like to add my views on it,for what its worth.Firstly while i believe that all sites do not set out to deliberately cheat players as such,i do believe there could be a case for poker sites altering there rng software to produce more action on the cash tables for example more flush/straight draws,high pocket pairs etc.thus ensuring more action and a higher rake for the site.Even if they altered it by a tiny % it would generate thousands of extra income per annum for the site.And secondly,and this has always bugged me so i would appreciate if anyone could put me straight on this matter is the poker rooms security.Now i am assuming that all poker rooms has a security department and in that department ther must be computers that show everyones cards face up so that they can spot people who are colluding with each other{i dont know if this is how it works,so if anyone can put me right please do}so what is to stop anyone working in such a department from calling someone at home and telling them what cards people are holding.So there you go,thats my rant on the matter and im of to have another joint:dude :dude