** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Party Poker - Finished

sensibleboy

Seems party poker has been blown to bits. The worst f-ukin site online for poker nowadays. Not only have they got rid of half the tourneys and players, the bad beats at the place would drive you fukin crazy, lost $200 at there shite site today ... 99 beaten by 78, AK bt by AQ and KK bt by KQ a few that spring to mind. Im joining full tilt from now on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Party Poker - Finished lol - for all my complaints about Party Poker I don't doubt their Random Number Generator!!!

99 beaten by 78, AK bt by AQ and KK bt by KQ
These hands, pre flop are.... 81% v 19% (will lose 1 time in 5) 70% v 30% (will lose 3 times in 10) 86% v 14% (will lose 1 time in 6) As fools has said - none of them are shocking - if you played for an hour or two on ANY site, it would be shocking if you didn't see such results.

Re: Party Poker - Finished

I agree with sensible boy and GaF I dont and never have trusted their random number genarator.
I think you misunderstand my comment - I think their RNG is good :ok I struggle at Party as well, but I put that down to my game and my failings rather than any kind of corruption...... Just because you (we) can beat one sites players, doesn't necessarily mean we can beat another sites players......

Re: Party Poker - Finished If you really think this is true - you have a hand history. Get a statistically significant sample and analyse the distributions. It's all there and it's all public record. If the deal is rigged you can prove it and bankrupt a billion+ $ company with your expose. The deal isn't rigged on Party, or any other major site. You see more bad beats because you have more bad players calling down hands they should be folding.

Aye it drives me f-ukin up the wall. Poker is just pure luck nowadays due to all those idiots who are clueless going all in with a 10 8 offsuit etc.
If it was pure luck, then noone would make a consistent profit and we KNOW they do, so it isn't luck!!!! Going all in with T8o is not necessarily a losing play, however for most of us it would be (in a cash game) - players can play LAG well (and profitably). If they are bad players going all in with T8o you can be certain they are not winning players!!!!

The deal isn't rigged on Party' date=' or any other major site. You see more bad beats because you have more bad players calling down hands they should be folding.[/quote'] If it was that simple then i should be making more money there than anywere else. On Prima, Crypto or Paradise if I see some clown getting lucky I note the guys bankroll in players notes .In half an hour he will have next to nothing left every time. Try it on party and in 10 minutes the guy wont be at the table. Players seem to arrive get lucky then go. Get pkt aces rasie preflop there are two things that happen. A. Everyone folds B. the guy with the 10/3 offsuit calls and gets lucky. There seems to be players on party who only ever see winning flops. Handy if you had software that could do that!

Re: Party Poker - Finished I am with Guesswest on this. Do people genuinely believe that the Party RNG is rigged and they are mugging small stakes punters out of a few quid here and there? This is a company that was until recently one of the top 100 UK companies by market cap. The implications for Party of the RNG being rigged would be even worse than the US situation they are facing at the moment. Look at what happened to Planet Poker. I'm not American but if there is irony in some of these posts I am not picking it up.

Seems party poker has been blown to bits. The worst f-ukin site online for poker nowadays. Not only have they got rid of half the tourneys and players, the bad beats at the place would drive you fukin crazy, lost $200 at there shite site today ... 99 beaten by 78, AK bt by AQ and KK bt by KQ a few that spring to mind. Im joining full tilt from now on.
Wouldn';t go to full tilt - this has just been posted on the Hendon Mob site ;)
Yes. The upgrade hasn`t eliminated the normal icon_sad.gif Full Tilt Poker Game #1112502326: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (7560481), Table 5 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:14:51 ET - 2006/10/17 Seat 1: mcheckraise (1,350) Seat 2: staksmahoney (1,425) Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo (2,540) Seat 5: steve m 88 (1,455) Seat 6: cuyd (1,470) Seat 7: Garymac21 (1,430) Seat 8: junglej (1,520) Seat 9: ukcat45 (3,870) junglej posts the small blind of 20 ukcat45 posts the big blind of 40 The button is in seat #7 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ukcat45 [Kd Ks] mcheckraise folds staksmahoney calls 40 MarcoDAngelo raises to 160 steve m 88 folds cuyd folds Garymac21 folds junglej folds ukcat45 raises to 540 staksmahoney folds MarcoDAngelo raises to 2,540, and is all in ukcat45: aces? ukcat45: cant fold this surely ukcat45 has 15 seconds left to act ukcat45 calls 2,000 MarcoDAngelo shows [Ah Kh] ukcat45 shows [Kd Ks] *** FLOP *** [5d 6c Td] *** TURN *** [5d 6c Td] [Jh] *** RIVER *** [5d 6c Td Jh] [As] MarcoDAngelo shows a pair of Aces ukcat45 shows a pair of Kings MarcoDAngelo wins the pot (5,140) with a pair of Aces ukcat45: lolol *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 5,140 | Rake 0 Board: [5d 6c Td Jh As] Seat 1: mcheckraise didn't bet (folded) Seat 2: staksmahoney folded before the Flop Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo showed [Ah Kh] and won (5,140) with a pair of Aces Seat 5: steve m 88 didn't bet (folded) Seat 6: cuyd didn't bet (folded) Seat 7: Garymac21 (button) didn't bet (folded) Seat 8: junglej (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 9: ukcat45 (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Not just a one off you understand - the poster says this is the "normal".

Im joining full tilt from now on.
Wouldn't join Full tilt - this has jus been post there - note it isn't a one off - the poster says it's "normal"
Yes. The upgrade hasn`t eliminated the normal icon_sad.gif Full Tilt Poker Game #1112502326: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (7560481), Table 5 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:14:51 ET - 2006/10/17 Seat 1: mcheckraise (1,350) Seat 2: staksmahoney (1,425) Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo (2,540) Seat 5: steve m 88 (1,455) Seat 6: cuyd (1,470) Seat 7: Garymac21 (1,430) Seat 8: junglej (1,520) Seat 9: ukcat45 (3,870) junglej posts the small blind of 20 ukcat45 posts the big blind of 40 The button is in seat #7 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ukcat45 [Kd Ks] mcheckraise folds staksmahoney calls 40 MarcoDAngelo raises to 160 steve m 88 folds cuyd folds Garymac21 folds junglej folds ukcat45 raises to 540 staksmahoney folds MarcoDAngelo raises to 2,540, and is all in ukcat45: aces? ukcat45: cant fold this surely ukcat45 has 15 seconds left to act ukcat45 calls 2,000 MarcoDAngelo shows [Ah Kh] ukcat45 shows [Kd Ks] *** FLOP *** [5d 6c Td] *** TURN *** [5d 6c Td] [Jh] *** RIVER *** [5d 6c Td Jh] [As] MarcoDAngelo shows a pair of Aces ukcat45 shows a pair of Kings MarcoDAngelo wins the pot (5,140) with a pair of Aces ukcat45: lolol *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 5,140 | Rake 0 Board: [5d 6c Td Jh As] Seat 1: mcheckraise didn't bet (folded) Seat 2: staksmahoney folded before the Flop Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo showed [Ah Kh] and won (5,140) with a pair of Aces Seat 5: steve m 88 didn't bet (folded) Seat 6: cuyd didn't bet (folded) Seat 7: Garymac21 (button) didn't bet (folded) Seat 8: junglej (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 9: ukcat45 (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings

Guest gazza271

Re: Party Poker - Finished :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Mate this place would fall apart without you so consider it a warning......... now where's those yellow cards :lol

Re: Party Poker - Finished was gonna say a big :clap for party poker , dont deposit on there anymore but every so often i get an email saying heres some cash play so many raked hands and you can keep it. so i get the cash and play poker till its gone. free money , love it. i got an email yesterday saying heres ya free $15 play 150 raked hands . have been on the site tonight for the first time in ages and to be honest i was not impressed at all, it kept hanging in the middle of hands and binning my cards , i know it wasnt my internet connection as i was playing on pokerstars at the same time and wasnt having any problems. wont be going on there again :@

Quote:
Yes. The upgrade hasn`t eliminated the normal icon_sad.gifFull Tilt Poker Game #1112502326: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (7560481), Table 5 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:14:51 ET - 2006/10/17 Seat 1: mcheckraise (1,350) Seat 2: staksmahoney (1,425) Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo (2,540) Seat 5: steve m 88 (1,455) Seat 6: cuyd (1,470) Seat 7: Garymac21 (1,430) Seat 8: junglej (1,520) Seat 9: ukcat45 (3,870) junglej posts the small blind of 20 ukcat45 posts the big blind of 40 The button is in seat #7 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ukcat45 [Kd Ks] mcheckraise folds staksmahoney calls 40 MarcoDAngelo raises to 160 steve m 88 folds cuyd folds Garymac21 folds junglej folds ukcat45 raises to 540 staksmahoney folds MarcoDAngelo raises to 2,540, and is all in ukcat45: aces? ukcat45: cant fold this surely ukcat45 has 15 seconds left to act ukcat45 calls 2,000 MarcoDAngelo shows [Ah Kh] ukcat45 shows [Kd Ks] *** FLOP *** [5d 6c Td] *** TURN *** [5d 6c Td] [Jh] *** RIVER *** [5d 6c Td Jh] [As] MarcoDAngelo shows a pair of Aces ukcat45 shows a pair of Kings MarcoDAngelo wins the pot (5,140) with a pair of Aces ukcat45: lolol *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 5,140 | Rake 0 Board: [5d 6c Td Jh As] Seat 1: mcheckraise didn't bet (folded) Seat 2: staksmahoney folded before the Flop Seat 4: MarcoDAngelo showed [Ah Kh] and won (5,140) with a pair of Aces Seat 5: steve m 88 didn't bet (folded) Seat 6: cuyd didn't bet (folded) Seat 7: Garymac21 (button) didn't bet (folded) Seat 8: junglej (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 9: ukcat45 (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Not just a one off you understand - the poster says this is the "normal".
Ok, a quick look at poker stove tells me that AKs is a 34% dog against a pair of KK, in fact you're behind with this hand against any pocket pair, even against 22 your 49.9% vs 50.1%. But you're not that far behind. The poster here is complaining that they lost a siuation which they can expect to lose more often than 1 time in 3. If that's the worst bad beat he's had, then I envy him. If he was expecting an "upgrade" to emlinate this, then I've got some bad news for him about the tooth fairy as well. People will call all in with AKs all the time, and more often than not lose. Also can I just say, I'm so utterly utterly bored of bad beat stories. They are just dull dull dull. Winning players let them wash over them, because they know it all evens out. If you constantly hear someone telling bad beat stories, then it's a fairly safe assumption that they are a fairly poor losing player that isn't self aware enough to look at their own game for flaws, but instead blames others. Rant over, and not having a go at anyone here in particular, but a strongly held belief:ok

. so i get the cash and play poker till its gone.
Not too sure that playing poker untill your cash is gone is a great long term plan I havent trusted party since the early days when they claimed up to 100,000 users on line when paradise and prima only had 3 to 4 thousand. Oh for the good old days on prima when my 4 aces won $50 as the hand of the day.

Oh sorry for starting this. Take advice from the pro's eh. Whatever' date=' I have played on there for a longtime and the bad beats of late have just been laughable, end of.[/quote'] Surely if you post such a contentious statement on a forum, you expect (and want) people to give you their opinions? Not just the opinions that agree with yours? My view (as I've expressed before) is the same as Fools - generally someone who complains that "online poker is rigged"/"I always get outdrawn by worse hands" etc is a bad players who doesn't really understand variance or Poker generally (beyond the basics) - not talking specifically about you, I don't know your game at all, but I cannot agree that Party is rigged specifically against you to get your bankroll!!! I've just seen an opponent in the Dream Freeroll make the following comment - "gonenutz> had 2 pair but know i will get screwed over" - you can be pretty confident he wont play well and make good decisions and he is now a "marked man" for me......

Re: Party Poker - Finished Party Poker may not be fixed, but Dream Poker certainly is. Vilain and I with stacks of about 6000 with blinds of 50/100. I get AA (incuding A hearts) Everyone folds to me in the cutoff I raise to 400, BB flat calls Flop comes something like 3h 9d Qh I put a pot sized raise in Villain reraises all in I call (not best call in the world - but I know the kind of muppet I'm up against) He turns over 6h2h!!!!!! Turn comes 7h River is a blank Can you believe it? That's far worse than anything you'll see on Party :tongue2