Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) 23 minutes gone and nothing much has changed, if anything Queensland are attacking even harder. As i speak though Sydney get a ball into the box and Corrica heads the ball just past the far post!!! Inches away from 1-1 :wall

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Carbone dribbles the ball into the Sydney box and was about to line up a shot when he is tackled, he went down pretty easy and was given a yellow card for diving. The last few minutes Sydney have started to pick up, Queenslands midfield is just so strong and fast and they are hard to get past.

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Sydney attacking a bit more now, Carbone taking a free kick from about 20 metres out made the Queensland goalkeeper Tom Willis get down low and almost made an error, but ended up going out for a corner. Promising signs for Sydney though, Queensland beginning to slow down but are always dangerous when going forward. Once Carbone starts getting into the game there is always a very high posibility of them scoring. Remember they have only lost 1 home game in two years

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Queensland are back attacking again and making Sydneys keeper Bolton work very hard. There have been a couple opportunities where Queensland should of scored. I hate to say it friends, but Sydney dont even look like scoring today, they are a total shadow of themselves compared to last weeks 4-1 effort beating Adelaide. Queensland are moving the ball around brilliantly but they have the wind this half. The next half Sydney will be kicking with the wind so it might be a different story. Time will tell but there has been 40 minutes gone now

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) I lost a fair bit last night on the England game (had it for my lay the 0-0 challenge, which I was quite deep into (was my 40th bet, previous 39 had won)) so I've tried to win a fair bit of my stake back on the over 2.5 goals market. Very happy about that goal, but it still doesn't remove the pain of Neville's absolute shocker.

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) UNBELIEVABLE GOAL!!!!! Brillaint strike from Zadkovich with the last play of the first half. He was outside the box and just drilled it in, was the perfect kick and was nothing Queenslands Tom Willis could do about it. Simply breathtaking, but it was an undeserved goal considering all the play Queensland had had

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

I lost a fair bit last night on the England game (had it for my lay the 0-0 challenge' date=' which I was quite deep into (was my 40th bet, previous 39 had won)) so I've tried to win a fair bit of my stake back on the over 2.5 goals market. Very happy about that goal, but it still doesn't remove the pain of Neville's absolute shocker.[/quote'] Ive also got money on the Over 2.5 goals so am very relieved with that, i think we will see another goal in the next half as the match is very open at the moment and very attacking, plus the wind advantage is making a big impact. Queensland had the wind that quarter so Sydney were lucky to equalise at 1-1, now they have the wind and should come home

UNBELIEVABLE GOAL!!!!! Brillaint strike from Zadkovich with the last play of the first half. He was outside the box and just drilled it in, was the perfect kick and was nothing Queenslands Tom Willis could do about it. Simply breathtaking, but it was an undeserved goal considering all the play Queensland had had
My apologies, Ceccoli was the scorer not Zadkovich :ok

Sydney vs Queensland - First Half Sydney 2.50 Queensland 4.00 Draw 2.20 Some food for tought here I think, the ht draw might be a shot for both of these.
My first thoughts were right here, my final thoughts saw me throw some $$$ down on Sydney. I will be very interested to see how Sydney run this out, if they stumble here you would have to say Butcher may find himself in trouble, Sydney should be the fitter over the run here. I wonder what happened to this roar side last week?

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Half Time Reveiw: A very entertaining first half. Queensland dominated pretty much the whole half and if you take a look at the stats it will tell you Queensland had it up their forward half for 69% of the half. They had plenty shots at goal but its the same old story as they struggle to convert chances into goals. Early in the half Sydney were making errors in defence which nearly proved fatal. At 15 minutes Queensland were awarded a free kick just outside the box and Dilevski drilled it straight in to the bottom left hand corner and Bolton didnt really have a chance. After that goal Queensland continued to attack with quite a few shots off target, but midway Sydney started to get a bit more of the ball and had 2 chances themselves. Carbone was booked for diving in the area. With the very last play of the half Sydney's Ceccoli latched on to a ball outside the box and drilled in a brilliant kick straight in to the top left hand corner, there was nothing anybody could do about it and somehow the score was 1-1. Overall I must admit Sydney were extremely lucky to equalise against the run of play and Queensland would be very annoyed to of conceded with the last kick of the half. But now Queensland must work hard as they kick into a strong win. In my opinion Sydney should go on and win this but they really need to improve in the midfield and stop giving away stupid balls due to error in the back.

flash.gif HTSydney FC [1 - 1] Queensland Roar
15'[0 - 1]S. Dilevski goal.gif
45'[1 - 1]A. Ceccoli goal.gif

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Big mistake my referee Matthew Breaze. Corrica tries to pass to his Sydney team mate but it accidentally hits the referee and Queensland take the rebound and pass forward, almost a goal some great defending by McFlynn of Sydney blocks the shop. Could of been very very bad there! :@ Hey is it just me or has Punters Lounge just become very slow?? Its taking ages just to refresh the page, is this happening for anyone else?

Is it just me' date=' or does Toposs Stanley looking very lost out there?[/quote'] Yeh i agree with ya mate, he looks like a fish out of water. I dont think he will last too much longer as Butcher will substitute him