** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Brilliant work by Nathan Burns on the counter attack and that has killed the game. All the players were up the Central Coast end as they were attacking again and ball comes out to Nathan Burns and he runs half the pitch to score a straight forward goal. Game set and match to Adelaide

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

:clap :clap :clap GOAL TO ADELAIDE :clap :clap :clap Adelaide 3 - 1 Central Coast

Sensational counter attack by Adelaide to score thier 3rd goal against the run of play and sublime skills by Nathan Burns to finish. Great effort this by Adelaide against all odds and the kind of win to set up your season. Adelaide coming off a four day break compared to eight days for the Mariners. I have learnt a valuable lesson! DO NOT back teams that might score a goal, back teams that do score goals...The stats said Adelaide score 4 goals to the Mariner's 1 and it was almost that in fact. Adelaide hold your heads high! A top win. :clap:clap:clap Mariners you tied valiantly but you cost me money because you couldn't back up my faith in you :spank

Adelaide United (0' date=5) -Central Coast Mariners Adelaide United Oct 2, 06 Adelaide Utd 1 - 4 Sydney FC (A-League) i Sep 22, 06 Queensl. Roar 0 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) i Sep 16, 06 Adelaide Utd 3 - 0 Perth Glory (A-League) i Sep 8, 06 Adelaide Utd 5 - 1 Newcastle Jets (A-League) i Sep 1, 06 NZ Knights 1 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) i Aug 25, 06 Melb. Victory 2 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) i Aug 11, 06 Sydney FC 1 - 2 Adelaide Utd (A-League) i Aug 4, 06 Adelaide Utd 1 - 0 NZ Knights (A-League) i Jul 30, 06 Perth Glory 0 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) i Jul 22, 06 CC Mariners 0 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) Central Coast Sep 28, 06 NZ Knights 0 - 1 CC Mariners (A-League) Sep 23, 06 CC Mariners 1 - 1 Newcastle Jets (A-League) Sep 17, 06 Melb. Victory 1 - 0 CC Mariners (A-League) Sep 9, 06 CC Mariners 0 - 0 Queensl. Roar (A-League) Sep 3, 06 Perth Glory 2 - 0 CC Mariners (A-League) Aug 27, 06 Sydney FC 1 - 0 CC Mariners (A-League) Aug 12, 06 CC Mariners E 2 - 1 E Newcastle Jets (A-League) Aug 6, 06 Queensl. Roar 0 - 0 CC Mariners (A-League) Jul 29, 06 Melb. Victory 1 - 3 CC Mariners (A-League) Jul 22, 06 CC Mariners 0 - 0 Adelaide Utd (A-League) Past matches 19-Aug-06 Pre Season CC Mariners 1 - 1 Adelaide Utd 22-Jul-06 Pre Season CC Mariners 0 - 0 Adelaide Utd 26-Feb-06 A-League Adelaide Utd 0 - 1 CC Mariners 20-Jan-06 A-League Adelaide Utd 1 - 1 CC Mariners 13-Nov-05 A-League CC Mariners 1 - 2 Adelaide Utd 25-Sep-05 A-League Adelaide Utd 1 - 1 CC Mariners 11-May-05 Club Champ CC Mariners 4 - 0 Adelaide Utd the absences are important for the 2 squares but not creed that the Adelaide can lose an other game Adelaide United: ) Out: 13. Travis Dodd, 7. Lucas Pantelis, 10. Fernando, 19. Shengqing Qu CentralCoast: Out: 12. Stewart Petrie, 13. Tony Vidmar 1. John Crawley, 2. Wayne O’Sullivan, 6. Andre Gumprecht, 9. Nick Mrdja, 16. Nigel Boogaard • Prediction = 1 (0.5) • Odds = 2.00 • Stake = 4/10 • Bookmakers = Bet1128
:cow :cow :cow Perth Glory -New Zealand Knights 1 and Over :hope :hope

Shots per goal for each team Melbourne scoring a goal just under every 5 shots and Sydney are not far behind. The top 4 teams are clearly ahead of the rest. Purely from this table, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth have the potential to outscore their opponents easily this weekend. It should be noted that Adelaide have 80% of their goal scorers out and the Mariners have missed a few goals they should have taken.

Team

On goal

Goals

Strikerate

Shots per goal

Melbourne

21.13%

Sydney FC

16.92%

Adelaide Utd

12.68%

Queensland

12.24%

Newcastle Jets

9.09%

Perth Glory

7.53%

CC Mariners

3.03%

NZ Knights

2.00%

My own stats told me that Adelaide were scoring 4 goals to the Mariners one...The Mariner's were lucky that Adelaide had so many strikers out :loon

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) FT Adelaide United 3 - 1 Central Coast Mariners 25' C. Veart (AU) 38' D. Mori (CCM) 58' K. Rees (AU) 90' N. Burns (AU) One of the wins of the season by Adelaide when everything was against them and they should have won by more, only for the Mariner's keeper it would have been 6-1.

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Conclusion Overall quite an inventful match as right from the get-go both teams bursted out of the box and provided a free flowing fast paced attacking match. Adelaide got off the mark after 25 minutes as Carl Veart found himself unmarked in the box and tapped home an easy goal. 13 minutes later and Damien Mori scores a great goal to equalise. Scores remained 1-1 at half time but after the break Adelaide came out like a team posessed. Bobby Petta was sublime in the midfield and was the main reason for the spark that lit the fire. His crosses into the box were creating troubles all half and for the first half hour of the half it was all Adelaide. They had so many chances at goal with 15 shots on target. Once Central Coast settled down they started to get the better of Adelaide in the last 10 minutes with the introduction of Tommy Pondeljak almost proving a masterstroke. Damien Mori's presence in the CCM forward half was never underestimated and Angelog Casanzo was brilliant along with Matthew Kemp trying to stop Mori. In the first minute of injury time Central Coast were in the middle of attack and then the ball somehow made its way out to Adelaide and Nathan Burns with his incredible pace ran half the ground on the counter attack to slide home an easy goal. All in all an impressive performance by Adelaide by tonight, they attacked all game and it was even more impressive due to the fact they missed some of their best attackers in Shen Qu & Fernando Rech who had scored most of their goals, and Travis Dodd who also missed. Brilliant return considering they lost 1-4 last week to Sydney. CCM cant be too disapointed, they could say the 3-1 score flattered Adelaide a bit but in my opinion they deserved it. Central Coast defended well in bits but often their defence got caught napping and thats when Adelaide pounced. Well done to all who won money on Adelaide. I tipped the draw so lost :sad but Central Coast had their chances.

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Early thoughts on the Perth match is that it could be a high scoring match. The atmosphere seems completely dead compared to the last game as there was 10,000 at the Adelaide game, looks like about half that here at Perth but Perth off to a pretty good start. Already a few shots at goal after 5 minutes

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) hahaha Buari has been sent into the rooms by the referee for wearing tights on his legs! :loon :loon :loon Knights down to 10 men for the time being as he goes and takes them off. Strangest thing ive seen in football for quite a while

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) What the??? :loon The big Gyuan Buari in black tights??? Hahaha The referee has sent him from the ground and the Knights are down to 10 men for the moment. Perth is one of Australia's warmest climates and he is wearing tights cos he is cold, you cannot be serious! :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin

What the??? :loon The big Gyuan Buari in black tights??? Hahaha The referee has sent him from the ground and the Knights are down to 10 men for the moment. Perth is one of Australia's warmest climates and he is wearing tights cos he is cold, you cannot be serious! :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin
Did you see him come out of the tunnel and on to the sidelines trying to do his shoelaces up? He was even struggling to tie them up hahaha. Who is this idiot? :$

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) 15m Perth 0 - 0 Knights After watching the brilliant Adelaide/Mariners game this is like watching paint dry. To put it bluntly...I cannot see New Zealand scoring unless they fluke one, and that can happen...Having said that, Perth are not looking that dangerous either yet. This looks like one of those games where you know the home side is eventually going to score and win. It's just a matter of whether Perth score 1 goal, 2 goals, or more...The longer the game goes on the more chance the Glory will have of scoring.

15m Perth 0 - 0 Knights After watching the brilliant Adelaide/Mariners game this is like watching paint dry. To put it bluntly...I cannot see New Zealand scoring unless they fluke one, and that can happen...Having said that, Perth are not looking that dangerous either yet. This looks like one of those games where you know the home side is eventually going to score and win. It's just a matter of whether Perth score 1 goal, 2 goals, or more...The longer the game goes on the more chance the Glory will have of scoring.
I'll echoe those sentiments beejay, this is a shocking match. Perth arent playing well but doing enough to suggest they will eventual score, its just a matter of when. New Zealand are just hanging on and getting players back to defend, surely this cant last?

I'll echoe those sentiments beejay' date=' this is a shocking match. Perth arent playing well but doing enough to suggest they will eventual score, its just a matter of when. New Zealand are just hanging on and getting players back to defend, surely this cant last?[/quote'] I am only watching it to update for our PL friends who do not have any way of knowing the score :)

New Zealand arent playing too bad considering what they are up against and if they can get to half time level' date=' who knows what could happen?[/quote'] Knights always play like that and always a chance of 0-0 at half time really...Perth score 85% of their goals after half time so if you are on Perth I wouldn't stress too much :ok