** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Melbourne usually open games by scoring early but is opposite today, rather than dominating first half Newcsatle are controlling everything. Melbourne are missing Archie Thompson you can tell, just no cohesian up forward

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Claudihno looks lost for Melbourne, he is Archie Thompsons replacement and he just looks like a fish out of water. Melbourne however are starting to improve now, they have held off Newcastles opening storm and will now look to start attacking themselves

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Melbourne are also playing into the wind here, hopefully they will pick the pace up in the second, 1 corner, 9 to go. The thing that has surprised me thus far this round is teams reluctance to hit a long shot and pressure the keeper, Melbourne and Newcastle you would think would use the conditions and hit some power shots to make the keepers work. Okon seems to have found some form finally too!

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th)

seems from what ads saying it is like newcastle atking all the ways?am i rite ads?
At this stage Newcastle are doing most of the attacking and have quite a few shots at goal and in my opinion should be up 2-0 but thats not the case. Melbourne are slowly coming back

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Melbourne really starting to improve now. Adrian Leijer just got a yellow card so he will miss next weeks match against Adelaide due to his 4th yellow card this season so he will miss the blockbuster

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) Another corner, :clap:clap:clap, 8 to go, backing the corners is actually quite fun, when both teams attack I am looking for something to happen, Melbourne seem to be drifting into last seasons bad habits, trying too much in attack and using tactics like time wasting, when Melbourne focus on not playing football they tend to stumble. Commentators seem to think Claudinho will be dragged soon for Robinson.

Melbourne really starting to improve now. Adrian Leijer just got a yellow card so he will miss next weeks match against Adelaide due to his 4th yellow card this season so he will miss the blockbuster
October 15th has such great memories for Melbourne, and I will have to miss this match for family reasons. Sad it has to be in the dome this match, would have been great at OP. anyway that is off topic, looks like another ht draw here. I get the feeling that there will be goals in the second.

Lol' date=' the price on Melbourne in livebetting at my bookie has gone down to 1.60 :\[/quote'] In my bookie only have an Asian Handicap (-1/2) 2.15 It's delicious to take them, but the movement odds favouring Jets. Strange, I think i'll going to skip this match. Good luck to all.

Re: Australian A-League Round 7 (Oct 6th - 8th) 0-0 at half time but Newcastle looked most likely to make the breakthrough. I wont be at the computer for the second half as the girlfriend has to get on (otherwise she'll take the tv :rollin ) so will go watch the second half. Good luck to everyone who has money involved here and go Melbourne! :cheers

My local bookie has this odds live: 5.90 2.50 1.90 5.9 for Newcastle looks huge! :eek What do you think ads, can they win?
Tough to call mate, Newcastle had alot of chances that half but they were kicking with the wind which is making a huge impact. Melbourne will take the wind this half so whether or not they can take advantage of it remains to be seen. Still think i would stick with Melbourne though as they have too much depth, but a Newcastle win wouldnt supprise me

Tough to call mate' date=' Newcastle had alot of chances that half but they were kicking with the wind which is making a huge impact. Melbourne will take the wind this half so whether or not they can take advantage of it remains to be seen. Still think i would stick with Melbourne though as they have too much depth, but a Newcastle win wouldnt supprise me[/quote'] Ok. I'll wait some more time. Please keep us informed how the game is going.