euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Saturday 7 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Faroe Islands v Lithuania (13:00 BST)10.004.501.33108% Related markets...Match Result
Kazakhstan v Poland (16:00 BST)8.804.201.40107% Related markets...Match Result
Russia v Israel (16:00 BST)1.553.606.00109% Related markets...Match Result
Czech Republic v San Marino C (16:15 BST)1.0114.00110.00108% Related markets...Match Result
Armenia v Finland (17:00 BST)6.403.701.53108% Related markets...Match Result
England v Macedonia (17:00 BST)1.0910.0028.00106% Related markets...Match Result
Moldova v Bosnia & Herzegovina (17:00 BST)3.003.202.20111% Related markets...Match Result
Scotland v France (17:00 BST)5.253.401.70108% Related markets...Match Result
Cyprus v Republic of Ireland (17:30 BST)8.604.101.45105% Related markets...Match Result
Romania v Belarus (18:15 BST)1.404.309.00106% Related markets...Match Result
Sweden v Spain (18:30 BST)2.703.252.39110% Related markets...Match Result
Hungary v Turkey (18:45 BST)3.253.252.12109% Related markets...Match Result
Denmark v Northern Ireland (19:00 BST)1.295.2011.00106% Related markets...Match Result
Latvia v Iceland (19:00 BST)2.143.253.25109% Related markets...Match Result
Croatia v Andorra (19:15 BST)1.0212.5068.00108% Related markets...Match Result
Serbia & Montenegro v Belgium (19:15 BST)1.703.405.00109% Related markets...Match Result
Italy v Ukraine (19:45 BST)1.443.807.00110% Related markets...Match Result
Slovenia v Luxembourg (19:45 BST)1.068.5029.00110% Related markets...Match Result
Bulgaria v Netherlands (20:00 BST)5.003.401.68109% Related markets...Match Result
Portugal v Azerbaijan (20:00 BST)1.0510.0034.00109% Related markets...Match Result
Greece v Norway (20:30 BST)1.993.204.00107% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers (Oct 7th) some team news for Wales - dont look promising Paul Jones likely to be in goals - will win 50th cap and likely to be captain defence - delany, rickets and collins all out (3 of the 4 defenders that faced the czechs) midfield - giggs out (likely to replaced by aaron davies of yeovil), koumas ? fit although has started last 3 games from wba, davies hardly playing at everton, fletcher likely to be out attack - bellamy due to attend court to answer assault charges during this week so ? how focused on the football will he be?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Usually not betting on these, so take this with a grain of salt. Looking through the list, couple of favourites seem to be a bit lowish: - Faroe - Lithuania: Faroes are usually giving there visitors a good ride for their money and are not beat that easily. Laying Lithuania @1.33 looks like value to me - Kazakhstan - Poland: Poland hardly a world class team, so 1.4 seems to be a bit lowish. Then again, know fook about Kazakh national team - England - Macedonia: only hint here is that England's U21 only drew 2-2 against Macedonia couple of weeks back. If the first squad takes it this easy, they could be struggling as well (not that I would really bet on that, unless I saw the whole team drunk a couple of hours before kick-off) - Italy - Ukraine: sure, they are the champs, but 1.44 is not generous against a Ukraine who are no push-overs (Shevtchenko heating up) and given their recent run of matches (national, Euro-Cups). One bet I like is the French away win in Scotland. 1.70 is not great, but they just come from beating Italy in a tremendous match. And more, they are really convincing as a team again, which makes them hard to stop, even though the maestro has left. GL all, will be watching this thread with interest.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers (Oct 7th)

Romania v Belarus - 1 @ 1.4 looks sure to me.
yup...high stakes for me too... Now, will be only men in good form, and at this match without Contra and Lobont we will have good defence.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Romania is deffo not worth taking at those incredible low odds, 1.3-1.4 is just crap IMO. Belarus is no longer the poor team all knew about, Hleb one of Arsenal's top players is a man we should fear. Coach Piturca decided not to call GK Lobont from Fiorentina, right defender Ogararu from Ajax, striker Ganea from Dinamo and left defender Stoica. Star player Mutu is having some problems lately, the papers say he beated a guy after the 2-2 draw with Bulgaria, the beated man went into court with him bla bla.There will be another Gk for sure, best chances are for Coman from Rapid. Odds on straight win are crap so i wont bother betting on that.Im trying to find a decent bet on this game, couldnt find one untill now. :unsure

Re: World Cup Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Hey guys, were those games above for Euro Cup Qualifier ? Just wondering coz title said its world cup qualifiers. Not a really big deal since the thing that matters were the team in it, but I'm just curious.

Hey guys' date=' were those games above for Euro Cup Qualifier ? Just wondering coz title said its world cup qualifiers. Not a really big deal since the thing that matters were the team in it, but I'm just curious.[/quote'] :unsure :ok it was a test of observation - you now win a trip to mars (we're just waiting on nasa to get back to us with the bus timetable) ;)

Hey guys' date=' were those games above for Euro Cup Qualifier ? Just wondering coz title said its world cup qualifiers. Not a really big deal since the thing that matters were the team in it, but I'm just curious.[/quote']Yeah my mistake!:$

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Actually, the list is longer and some matches (namely Slovakia v Wales) are not included even now:(

Saturday 7 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
Faroe Islands v Lithuania (15:00 BST)11.005.251.37102%
Kazakhstan v Poland (16:00 BST)8.004.501.54100%
Russia v Israel (16:00 BST)1.613.957.40101%
Czech Republic v San Marino C (16:15 BST)1.0255.00130.00101%
Armenia v Finland (17:00 BST)6.813.701.65103%
England v Macedonia (17:00 BST)1.1013.0046.00101%
Moldova v Bosnia & Herzegovina (17:00 BST)3.373.252.45102%
Scotland v France (17:00 BST)7.003.551.71101%
Cyprus v Republic of Ireland (17:30 BST)9.604.551.50100%
Romania v Belarus (18:15 BST)1.424.5011.00102%
Hungary v Turkey (18:45 BST)3.603.302.35101%
Bulgaria v Netherlands (19:00 BST)5.503.401.89101%
Denmark v Northern Ireland (19:00 BST)1.295.6018.00101%
Latvia v Iceland (19:00 BST)2.253.253.85102%
Sweden v Spain (19:00 BST)3.253.252.50102%
Croatia v Andorra (19:15 BST)1.0317.5095.00104%
Serbia & Montenegro v Belgium (19:15 BST)1.753.456.00103%
Greece v Norway (19:30 BST)2.363.253.75100%
Slovenia v Luxembourg (19:45 BST)1.099.0034.00106%
Italy v Ukraine (19:50 BST)1.524.109.20102%
Portugal v Azerbaijan (21:00 BST)1.0612.0051.00105%

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) The weather forecast for Moscow for Saturday is 16 centigrades and sunny intervals - not a lot colder than elsewhere in Europe (at least Central and Eastern). It's too early in the year to count on hostile Russian weather;)

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Come on England!!! England back 1.1 lay 1.11 Macedonia back 44.0 lay 48.0 Draw back 12.5 lay 13.5 Betfair 04/10/06 00:01 am. Despite being patriotic, I will be laying England as a starting position for in-play betting against Macedonia. Macedonia provided England with tricky opposition on their own turf, and had their moments. If England don't score early, and Macedonia get some possession and threaten the England goal, those backing England in play may well get spooked and get out of the market, and in doing so the odds on an England win would lengthen. So if there is no early England goal, it may well be possible in play to back England to win at higher odds than the current lay odds, and offset the lay with a bet backing England at higher odds, and in doing so guarantee a profit should England eventually prevail. Lay odds may go down further if the usual weight of money backing England is put on. Mind you at such skinny odds, even the most casual punter should surely be wary of backing the England win outright and would likely be better off in other England related markets. Realistically it is a game England should win comfortably, but current odds suggest a 90% probability of England win, and I've followed England for too many years to take England wins for granted! As someone said on another post about the England Conference league "I don't think there is any such thing as a banker in the conference". This is also plausible in the international arena, once the weakest teams (San Marino, Andorra, Liechstenstien) are taken out of the equation. That's the old cliche "there's no such thing as an easy game in international football" (queue Lawrenson and the rest). There are still some really easy games, but I don't think Macedonia is one of them. It is quite plausible that there will be some tricky moments to endure before England break through, and if these occur it likely be enough to make some profit in play. The weight of money on Betfair at the moment is roughly £600,000 laying England, and £50+K backing them. It seems likely therefore that the odds on an England win will drift somewhat if current proportions of money to lay and back England continue. However, that is not factoring in the expected surge in backing for England in the run up to the game. As mentioned earlier this surge may or may not occur with the extremely skinny odds on the England win, but many will lump on anyway, with the nagging suspicion that they are being ripped off, but what the hell, England games only come around every so often. And good luck to them. But I don't think they would be getting any value in their bet. I hate backing against England, but in play I'm expecting to back them in plsy, just at better odds ........ FT FT

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Hungary - Turkey I think the Turkey is a good bet. They are at this time at 2.3 on betfair, but i will wait the last day for to bet them. Hungary win only in front New Zealand (friendly) and Malta at home. they did Draw in front Saudi Arabia, Croatia and Bulgaria at home and they lost in front Argentina (friendly), Sweden and Norway. Turkey is difficult to predict because they just lost in front Switzerland and win Albania away (after its only friendly match). I think the odds look good for to bet Turkey.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) I am putting some money on Belgium here. Some pay 5.50 for an away win against Serbia. That looks like value to me. Belgium is not a bad team and they have a very shrewd coach (Vandereycken) who plays results -- loads of 0-1 wins in the past when he was a club trainer. That's why Belgium hired him. This will be a hard fought game, under 2.5.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Think I'll put three bets this saturday. Armenia-Finland U2,5 goals 1,80 @ expekt I think Finland is a good team, not one to enter the Euro 2008, but they have a solid team compared to a few years ago. However I don't expect Armenia to be pushovers here. They will fight hard and might even grab a point at home. I can see this to be a low scoring game. Cyprus-Ireland 1,45 @ expekt I just can't see Ireland loosing this one. So 1,45 is decent enough for the win. Sweden-Spain 2,05 @ expekt My little gamble for the weekend. Spain lost to Northern Ireland, which was a chock for me. Sweden usually have a solid team that play well in the qualifications. But beeing a Swede myself I read and hear alot about the team. Sweden isn't as good as they were a few years ago. They are missing Ibrahimovic and Allback will most likely not play. Also Mellberg might be out, which is a huge blow for their defence. Spain could drop points if they aren't focused, but after last game they lost I think they will go for the win and won't underestimate Sweden.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) England game- Definitely a good strategy since the odds are so low. Let's hope an early goal doesn't ruin it for us. Greece-Norway- I'll be surprised to see a clean win for Greece. There is some debate over the roster as coach Rehaggel has not done anything to renew it and bring in younger players. Team captain Zagorakis who is expected to retire any game now (from national team, at least) has been called back to the team even though there are a couple good replacements in the waiting (Stoltidis for instance). There was also a mid-week squable over whether Kapsis would play or not and it turns out he will not. Kapsis is a solid defensive player who has sat out most of his stay at Olympiacos due to various reasons. The Greek team does have fire-power with Samaras and Gekas up front. They only need to start converting their chances. The team lacks in finishing and seems to have dropped down a few notches since the epic Euro 2004 triumph. I expect Norway to get at least a point out of this match and would definitely avoid placing any money on this game as neither a result or an Over/Under can be predicted outright, or traded at the exchanges with any degree of certainty...but then again, what is ever certain? Maybe backing a Greece win with the expectation that they will score first can get us something out of this if we trade out. Laying a Greece win is also an option if we believe Norway will walk away with at least a point. Midfield and Defensive coverage was the strength of the Greek team. Your best bet is to watch the starting minutes of the game to see if this element is in sync (not the boy band) and then to choose a trading strategy. Tough one to call.

Re: euro 2008 Qualifiers (Oct 7th) Russia VS Israel 3rd match for my national team in this campign , after winning both games against Estonia (0:1) and Andorra (4:1) , and you can say Its the first Important games for us in the long run towards "Euro 2008" . The big story these days is the returning of the home games to our national stadium , Ramat Gan . Even that the stands are far from the pitch (as its a olympic stadium) - With capacity of 40,000 fanatic fans its always hard to get point there . We have a very tough group , but I think that most of the points in our home games will stay here . We have a bit of a injury crisis for this game ,travelling with only 19 players in the squad. Key striker Yaniv Katan got injured in Maccabi Haifa's game against Litex and will not play , and also Michael Zandberg (key Midfielder ,Beitar Jerusalem) got injured during training . In doubt are Yossi Benayun (our captain , West Ham United) and Tal Ben Haim (key defender , Bolton) , but Im sure they will play with superb patriotism. Our Line-up will probably be (4-5-1) : ----------------Awate---------------- --Saban---Gershon---Ben Haim---Keisee- ----------------Alberman-------------- ------------Tal-------Badeer----------- -------Afek-------------------Benayun- ----------------Colautti---------------- Players Dudu Awate (GK , Depo La Coruna) Klemi Saban (RW , Steaua Bucaresti) Shimeon Gershon (DF , Beitar Jerusalem) Tal Ben Haim (DF , Bolton) Adoram Keisee (LW , Maccabi Haifa) Gal Alberman (DM , Beitar Jerusalem) Idan Tal (DM , Bolton) Walid Badeer (MD , Hapoel Tel Aviv) Yossi Benayun (MD , West Ham Utd) Omri Afek (MD, Beitar Jerusalem) Roberto Colautti (ST , Maccabi Haifa) Players are determinate to win at least a point . It will be very hard , but It's not impossible . Pressure is all on Russia at the moment . My prediction: 1-1 draw. :hope Hope it helped . Maydan