** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

Victory V Roar Victory coming off a tough match in Perth, Allesandro had a massive hissy-fit last match and seems unhappy at the club, Fred is back in for Sarkies who was looking much better in the latter parts of the Perth match, massive pressure for the Victory to win with the move to the Dome, last match at the dome provided many goals and chances, Roar have a good record against the Victory. Who wants a piece of $4.25 the win, $1.95 the +.5 or $3.10 the dnb?
I have (+1) AH @ 1.6 in local bookie, looks like a decent bet to me. What do you guys think? Oh, and thanks to everyone for Perth tip, nice result and nice $$$ in my pocket :cow:cow:cow I love this game:loon

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have (+1) AH @ 1.6 in local bookie, looks like a decent bet to me. What do you guys think? Oh, and thanks to everyone for Perth tip, nice result and nice $$$ in my pocket :cow:cow:cow I love this game:loon
Yes think most of us are pretty happy that Perth got up, so glad you made some money too :ok That +1 AH for $1.60 is that for Queensland??? If so, seems very short to me cos the Roar are $1-95 atm on Centrebet +1 Handicap...I wouldn't be taking $1-60 +1 Roar if it's that short...I would prefer to be taking the $1-77 Melbourne to win if that was the case.

Yes think most of us are pretty happy that Perth got up, so glad you made some money too :ok That +1 AH for $1.60 is that for Queensland??? If so, seems very short to me cos the Roar are $1-95 atm on Centrebet +1 Handicap...I wouldn't be taking $1-60 +1 Roar if it's that short...I would prefer to be taking the $1-77 Melbourne to win if that was the case.
Yes, this handi is for Queensland. But there is a difference between my handicap and the one in centrebet. In centrebet you have (+1) with draw option, so it is like x2 (by the way in my locals I have the same odds... and I am pretty sure they have copied them from centrebet:loon). In my case we have asian handicap, so that I will lose if Melbourne wins with more than 1 goal difference ( if they win exactly by one - bet void ). All in all I think there's a good possibility to win this bet, or to get push at least :D.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Melbourne vs Queensland A match I will be going to tommorow night and cant wait, hopefully there will be a bumper crowd cheering Melbourne home. Well what to say about Melbourne at the moment? They are playing some very good football at the moment, both attacking and defensively with quality players in almost every position. Kevin Muscat has been leading them very well all season and the Archie Thompson and Danny Allsop partnership up front has been working wonders. In the midfield Kristian Sarkies has come on very well but he has been dropped so Fred this week who is returning from 3 weeks suspension, so thats a sign of the depth at the moment with Melbourne. Vargas and Brebner have also impressed me at the back and Melbourne have only conceded 3 goals this year with 1 coming in injury time against Perth last week. On the other hand Queensland Roar have had a fantastic start to the year also. They have just as good attacking record as MElbourne and their defensive record is even better considering they have only conceded 2 goals. Goalkeeper Liam Reddy has been absolutey sensational for Queensland and he is the reason they have conceded only 2 goals, his work has been sublime and he could be the difference tommorow night. Other players that have impressed me at the Roar include Reineldo, he has been in everything so far creating chances and driving queensland forward and if he has a big game tommorow Melbourne will be in trouble. Ante Milcic, Simon Lynch and Matthew McKay have also been sensationa and Melbourne could have their hands full containing these players. But, if that isnt enough, Queensland may give chinese player Yuning Zhang his first start of the season and from what ive seen of this guy, he has fantastic skills. His first two games he has been coming off the bench with 15 mins to go but has been making huge impacts on games. In conclusion im not sure which way to bet here. On one hand Melbourne look very good and will be playing at the Telstra Dome with 40,000 odd fans cheering them on, the surface will also suit Melbourne too as they have played here before. But on the other hand Queensland have had a stellar start to the year and last week got through 27 shots against the leagues best defence in Adelaide. I think im going to stay clear of this match but if i was going to pick a winner i reckon id be going with Melbourne. A draw is also a very strong possibility and i think it will be a high scoring match as the match was between Melb/Syd at this ground. Maybe a 2-2 draw could be fancied by those who do correct scores. But in saying id pick Melbourne to win if anyone, they are too short to back at $1.78 so ill stay clear. Will not bet on this match or Pick match to end 2-2 (1/10 stakes) Good luck to you punters who are game enough to put money on this match :hope Ads

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Squads are as follows: Melbourne Victory: 1.Michael THEOKLITOS (gk), 2.Kevin MUSCAT (Captain), 3.Daniel PIORKOWSKI, 6.Steve PANTELIDIS, 9.Daniel ALLSOPP, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.Vince LIA, 12.Rodrigo VARGAS, 13.Kristian SARKIES, 14.Adrian CACERES, 15.Adrian LEIJER, 16.Simon STOREY, 17.Grant BREBNER, 18.ALESSANDRO, 20.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (one to be omitted) Queensland Roar: 1.Tom WILLIS (gk), 2.Andrew PACKER, 4. Chad GIBSON, 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN, 6.Stuart McLAREN, 7.Marcus WEDAU, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Simon LYNCH, 10.Ante MILICIC, 11.REINALDO, 12.Yuning ZHANG, 13.Spase DILEVSKI, 15.Matthew McKAY, 16.Hyuk-Su SEO, 18.Dario VIDOSIC, 19.Sasa Ognenovski, 20.Liam REDDY (gk) (two to be omitted)

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Some stats to help decipher the big game today between Number 1 and Number 2 - Melbourne Victory V Queensland Roar Team Shots on Goal totals

Team

On goal

On posts

Wide

Total

Accuracy

Queensland

70.8 %

Melbourne Vict

75.7 %

Queensland have had many more shots on goal than the Victory but Melbourne are more accurate Scenario: Expect both teams to have plenty of shots with the Victory to get more shots on target

Team Shots Per Goal

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots Per Goal

S/R

Melbourne Vict

19.64%

Queensland

13.10%

Melbourne score a goal around every 5 shots whereas Queensland are around every 7 ½ shots. Scenario: If Melbourne have more shots than Queensland then they should win.

Team Goals For Times

Team

Goals For

0-45

45-90

Per Match

Avg Min.

GF every

Queensland

27 %

72 %

40 min.

Melbourne Vict

54 %

45 %

40 min.

Queensland tend to score their goals in the second half whereas Melbourne are either half, and both teams score around the same goals per game, and around every 40 minutes. Scenario: If it is a draw at half-time then Queensland are more likely to score in the second half

Team Goals Against Times

Team

Goals Agst

0-45

45-90

Per Match

Avg Min.

GA every

Queensland

100 %

0 %

225 m.

Melbourne

33 %

66 %

150 m.

All Queensland’s goals against have been scored in the first half while two of Melbourne’s goals against have been scored in the second half. Scenario: Melbourne are more likely to score in the first half against Queensland. If the Roar are level or in front at half-time then stats point to Queensland scoring in the second half and Melbourne conceding. Victory tend to concede late and Roar tend to score late, and Melbourne may have tired legs after Perth trip last week.

Scoring: Goals for/against

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Melbourne Vict

3 - 0

2 - 1

1 - 0

3 – 0

1 - 0

1 - 2

Queensland

2 - 0

0 - 1

1 - 1

1 – 0

1 - 0

6 - 0

Both teams capable of scoring quickly at the start of a game, while Melbourne are good straight after half-time. Queensland excel in the last 15 minutes of a game where they have scored 6 goals Scenario: Queensland need to be wary of Melbourne in the first 15 minutes of each half while Melbourne need to be wary of Queensland in the last 15 minutes.

Scoring: +/- 2.5 goals

Matches involving...

> 2.5 goals

Goals per match

Adelaide Utd

Melbourne Vict

No real trend here and could go either way, could be defensive game today or could be goalfest. Scenario: Your guess is as good as mine.

Fouls

Team

Commited

Suffered

Cards

Fouls p. card

Melbourne Vict

Queensland Roar

Both teams are good with fouls and cards, especially Queensland who have been exceptionally fair in their games. Scenario: If it hots up expect Melbourne to get carded twice as much as Queensland, so the Victory are more likely to lose a player via red card than the Roar Keeper Clean Sheets

Name

Team

Results

Liam Reddy

Queensland Roar

Michael Theoklitos

Melbourne Victory

Clint Bolton

Sydney

Danny Milosevic

NZ Knights

Danny Vukovic

CC Mariners

Robert Bajic

Adelaide

Aleks Vrteski

Perth Glory

Ben Kennedy

Newcastle Jets

NOTE: Liam Reddy who has kept 4 clean sheets so far this season for Queensland is not playing today and could be a vital out for the Roar...Queensland Manager has a rotation policy and Tom Wills comes in as keeper today for the first time against Melbourne in front of 40,000 screaming fans and that will be quite daunting for him one would think. Hopefully this can assist all of you punters with finding the winner today :ok

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) For those wanting a Web Radio Broadcast for the Melbourne/Queensland game then SEN1116 in Melbourne are broadcasting the game live from 4-30pm AEST - Click HERE If the above link does not take you directly to the Live feed then go to... http://www.sen.com.au/index.php Click on the little radio on the top right where it says "Listen Online" You will have to forgive the commentators as they are home team followers and they get excited when Melbourne Victory break wind yet alone score a goal, but at least they are lively ;)

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Melbourne Victory v Queensland Roar Date: Sunday October 1 Kick-off (local time): 5.00pm Venue: Telstra Dome TV coverage: Live on Fox Sports 3 (SKY Sport 2 in NZ) Head-to-head Three league meetings: Melbourne - 1 win, Queensland - 1 win, 1 draw Previous meeting Melbourne 0 Queensland 0 (Epping Stadium, Pre-Season Cup round five, August 2006) Last five results Melbourne: Win - Win - Win - Win - Win Queensland: Win - Win - Draw - Win - Draw Analysis League leader Melbourne Victory will be gunning to equal the Hyundai A-League record of seven consecutive wins when it entertains Queensland Roar at Telstra Dome on Sunday afternoon. The record is currently held by reigning premier Adelaide United which set the mark between November 2005 and January 2006. Melbourne, which won just seven league games in the entire campaign last season, started the run with a final day 2-1 result against the Knights and has gone onto win its opening five league meetings of the new campaign. A record-levelling seventh straight victory will see the Victory, which recalls Brazilian playmaker Fred after suspension, shoot seven points clear at the summit of the ladder. Meanwhile, Queensland is in the midst of an impressive sequence of results itself. The Roar is unbeaten in 10 competitive fixtures taking in the Hyundai A-League Pre-Season Cup and its opening rounds this year. Coach Miron Bleiberg has confirmed one definite change to the starting line-up with reserve 'keeper Tom Willis coming in to replace the unfortunate Liam Reddy. Spase Dilevski, who enjoyed a brief spell with Melbourne 18 months ago, also returns to the squad alongside defender Stuart McLaren with the pair in strong contention for a starting place. Dilevski is one of three Melbournians in the squad alongside Massimo Murdocca and Sasa Ognenovski who spent last season playing in the Victorian State League. However, contrary to earlier reports, Yuning Zhang does travel with the side to Melbourne before heading back to his homeland for his wedding and brief honeymoon.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Melbourne Victory Vs Queensland Roar

Past matches

Aug 11, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 0

Queensl. Roar

Jan 15, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 1

Melb. Victory

Nov 04, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Queensl. Roar

Sep 18, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

1 - 1

Melb. Victory

Both teams have an away win against each other and 2 draws. Interestingly enough there has only ever been 4 goals scored in four previous games between these two teams, which points to an Under 2.5 result if it is the same again today.

Form for last 16 games

Total

M

W

D

L

P

GF

GA

Melb. Victory

Queensl. Roar

Home

Away

M

W

D

L

P

GF

GA

M

W

D

L

P

GF

GA

Melb. Victory

Queensl. Roar

Victory home form is quite good, although they have only ever played the one game at Telstra Stadium where it was a 3-2 win against Sydney a few weeks ago and it will be a definite advantage having played there. Queensland away form is fair and they already have an away win against Melbourne to their credit. Roar have only lost 3 games in their last sixteen which is a great effort.

Last 5 Rounds for each team

RD

Home

Score

Away

Queensl. Roar

0 - 0

Adelaide Utd

Yes

Queensl. Roar

5 - 0

NZ Knights

No

CC Mariners

0 - 0

Queensl. Roar

Yes

Newcastle Jets

2 - 3

Queensl. Roar

No

Queensl. Roar

3 - 0

Perth Glory

No

Perth Glory

1 - 2

Melb. Victory

No

Melb. Victory

1 - 0

CC Mariners

No

NZ Knights

0 - 3

Melb. Victory

Yes

Melb. Victory

3 - 2

Sydney FC

Yes

Melb. Victory

2 - 0

Adelaide Utd

No

Queensland have played Adelaide (0-0) Knights (W 5-0) Mariners (0-0 in Wet) Perth (W 3-0) Melbourne have played Adelaide (W 2-0) Knights (W 3-0) Mariners (W 1-0) Perth (W 2-0) Form is very similar for both sides and only other game where they played different teams they both had 3-2 wins against their opponents. Some great form for both sides and some very interesting stats to play with and at the moment I am unable work out which way I am going to go, so I may have to do a bit more studying to work what is going to be the best way to bet this game today. Considering the eveness of the stats between the 2 teams, the disparency in odds is huge with the Roar at $4-25 for a win and Melbourne $1-77.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Morning all, just got a sec for some thoughts on the game. This game screams no bet to me the more I think about it, and I will be having no money whatso-ever on it tonight, and I'd advise if your not an a-league follower that you maybe hold off until tomorrow's AU V SU game. Roar are good value but to tip against an unbeaten team at home, in front of another very large home crowd and on a surface that Melbourne will be getting to know better is to risky for me. As Beejay has shown above Melbourne are attacking well, Queensland are finishing out well, Melbourne will also be a bit tired after last weeks trip to Perth. No unders or overs either, the ground will play a huge factor in the result, also take no note of the Epping match in the pre-season, it was a dead game neither team really tried that much. Keep your money in your pockets today and just enjoy an entertaining game. :ok , and thanks to Beejay and Ads for keeping the good work up with their stats tec.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Miguel is on the right track I think :ok I am not going to advise anyone to have a bet either as everything points to a Melbourne win but there are also certain factors that point to a Queensland win. I like value when I am betting and cos I am going to the game I am most likely going to have a bit of a dabble at Queensland cos at $4-25 I cannot resist the odds as I believe it is great value. I may save on the draw or a Melbourne win scoreline. The scorelines are good value too considering previous games between these sides if you are that way inclined. Melb 1-0 $7 Qld 1-0 $8-50 Draw 0-0 $9 Draw 1-1 $7 But it is going to be a guessing game today with all the factors that are going to decide this game, and the ground and crowd in particular is going to be a huge factor, and also the replacement of outstanding regular Queensland keeper Liam Reddy today for Tom Mills first game this season may help the Victory. Current Odds

1 X 2
Melbourne 1.77 3.35 4.25 Queensland
If you have to have a bet here are my thoughts. Melbourne is most likely winner but way too short for my liking aganst another unbeaten high scoring team with many attacking options. Queensland is great value if you think they can win, as you don't often get over $4 about a team with an 11-2 goals for/against record and yet to taste defeat. Previous history suggest a low scoring affair with the chance of a draw. Perhaps Queensland with a Draw saver or +1 Hcp is a good value bet in the event you think Melbourne may not win. VALUE TO BE HAD BUT NO BET BEING HANDED OUT BY ME TODAY

christ what a thread this is again, one of the best in the whole of PL I think so few games yet so much quality. well done again guys :ok
Thanx Meatman much appreciated :cheers We are getting a good strike rate in here with the A League and they are always at good odds it seems...May have to wait until tomorrow tho to find another winner cos tough today.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Love your work Beejayville, excellent work with the stats. As i am going to this game and as a Melbourne Victory supporter, i wont be putting any money on this match. I just want to enjoy it for what it is without having money tied up in it. I think we can expect an attacking and free flowing game though and im expecting a very high scoring match

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Just got back from the game between Queensland and Melbourne. A very entertaining game from start to finish with 5 goals being scored. The telstra dome really is a fantastic place to watch football from and there was a strong crowd of 26,000 there supporting the Victory all the way.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Would like to note that the Melbourne defence is so strong, Queensland just couldnt brake through the defence no matter what they tried. A couple of times they did hit the post Queensland but apart from that it was pretty much one way traffic. In the midfield Melbourne were always first to the ball and were always dangerous when going forward. Whoever had the idea of using a goalkeeper rotating policy at Queensland should be shot, Tom Willis was in goals today for the Roar and he was shithouse to say the least, he wouldnt of even been able to save his mother if she was drowning thats how bad he played. If Liam Reddy had of been playing i truly believe the result could of been different. Queenslands attack was non-existent today compared to last week where they had 27 shots, im not sure what the shot count tonight for Queensland was but it wouldnt of been many. For Melbourne, Fred really impressed me alot and certainly looked to be best on ground from where i sat. Archie Thompson is just pure class and Carcaras was also excellent pushing forward for the Victory. When the scores were 2-1 Melbourne were rewarded a dubious penalty as Archie looked like he took a dive, but the penalty was given and Muscat converted and that made it 3-1. After that the Queensland heads went down and the match was never in doubt. Would apreciate thoughts of those who watched it on tv as it was often hard to see some of the action from where i was sitting. I'll try and watch a replay later (if i can get this new bloody fox 3 channel working that is :@ ) ps. Was nice to catch up with a beer before the match with you Beejay, did you enjoy the game?

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Just took a look at the stats on the A-League website, both teams had 12 shots each which i find strange. Didnt seem that way at the game, if you take a look at the stats it shows the game could of been a lot closer than the 4-1 scoreline. I guess the difference was the fact Melbourne converted their chances (also helped having a shit goalkeeper for Qld) while Queensland couldnt convert theres. They hit the post twice too while Melbourne had a penalty which shouldnt of been given and an own goal scored which should never of happened. For those that backed QLD on the -1 handicap, i feel for you. You were harsh done by. But thats football for ya :wall

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) FT: Melbourne Victory 4 - 1 Queensland Roar 11' Fred (MV) 17' A. Milicic (QR) 22' K. Muscat (pen.) (MV) 57' K. Muscat (pen.) (MV) 83' J. McCloughan (o.g.) (MV) Well summed up Ads! Was kewl to put a face to the name and could have stayed there having a few all day lol, and really enjoyed being at the game itself, so different to tv. Melbourne's passing was brilliant at times and they cut the Queensland backline up many times with their forward thrusts...I too thought the 2nd penalty was a shocking decision...From where I was sitting I had a perfect view of the tackle and Roar defender kicked the ball and looked like Thompson just fell over and referee shit himself and awarded a penalty which actually killed the game as a contest...Might look different on tv have to wait and see. Melbourne sure were impressive! Fred was sensational and combined with Thompson they were a lethal duo and the Victory defence were very strong and always first to the ball...And you are right about Willis as keeper for the Roar...Doubt he would be able to save himself if he was drowning yet alone his mother...He looked lost in the goals and that was a shocking decision by the Manager to play him in a crunch game...he didn't know when to come out, and his field kicking was schaissenhausen. Stats showed to be wary of Melbourne at the start of each half and that's when they scored 4 of their goals and should be noted for future reference. I thought Queensland were ok, they didn't seem to handle the ground conditions as they continually slipped over and Melbourne did not give them much time to do anything...Queensland should have had 3 goals themselves so all things considered they battled it out well and 4-1 wasn't a true reflection of the game to me...Melbourne were clearly the better team on the day though, but take away the own goal and the dubious penalty and it is only 2-1 scoreline. These are both good sides though and not sure who is going to be good enough to break down the Victory defence and actually beat them just yet, maybe a filly fit Sydney perhaps??? Looking forward to Miguel's review of the game as he was going down too I think.

Just took a look at the stats on the A-League website, both teams had 12 shots each which i find strange. Didnt seem that way at the game, if you take a look at the stats it shows the game could of been a lot closer than the 4-1 scoreline. I guess the difference was the fact Melbourne converted their chances (also helped having a shit goalkeeper for Qld) while Queensland couldnt convert theres. They hit the post twice too while Melbourne had a penalty which shouldnt of been given and an own goal scored which should never of happened. For those that backed QLD on the -1 handicap, i feel for you. You were harsh done by. But thats football for ya :wall
Those 2 shots for Queensland that hit the post sure looked they were going in too. Hey shouldn't that be +1 Ads :dude

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Hi Ads and Beejay and everyone, very interesting game indeed, great win for our Victory, I reckon Beej and Ads might have to turn some of the A-League profit into memberships. Just wanted to make a couple of points and ask a few questions: WTF is with Melbourne winning penaltys, 1 against Perth, 2 tonight, 1 against Sydney, 1 against the Knights. From the most poorly disiplaned team in the league to the refs favorites, crazy. In the first half when Roar scored they showed where Melbourne is weak, in slow worked build-ups, play into wide areas, Melbourne really struggle when the pace of the game is not up, and I guess that's how they hustle penatys all the time, high tempo, quick frequent attacks. The first team to beat Melbourne will play three at the back, tight in the middle, Melbourne only really attack with any force straight up the middle, Roar got cut to pieces leaving two wing backs out wide and exposing their ceantre backs, three at the back and an extra holding midfielder would slow Melbourne down alot. All in all I was blown away at how bad Blieberg coached after all his talk this week, no vision, no tactics to counter Melbournes run, terrible work and he should be accountable for a heafty defeat. Kevin Muscat is on top of the goal scoring chart for the a-league, Fred looked sensational and seems to be keeping his feet a lot better these days, the first penalty was not there but it was nice to see Melbourne press to close out the Roar. I will be interested to see who comes back in for the Jets next week against Melbourne and I would suggest that there will be 3-4 changes in the Voctory line-up with only 1 sub tonight and a long trip from Perth last week, look for Claudinho and Allesandro to come back in, I think a few will be rested with a tough run leading into Christmas. Roddy Vargas = Best Player in the A-League and a God amoung men, Melbourne should sign his brother up asap before another club does! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Welcome Miguel :cheers Fred was scintillating at times and looked dangerous whenever he was near the ball. Queensland sure looked unnassured at times and not sure which way to go...Melbourne seemed to harass them into submission...Victory backline was very impressive for mine...Roar will bounce back though, and for their Coach to play Willis for such a big game reaked of arrogance or stupidity, the latter I feel.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Totally agree with your sentiments Miguel. Melbourne were very lucky with the second penalty and it shouldnt of been given as i was sitting right next to where it happened and saw it first hand. Maybe it looked different on tv? Funny thing is though Kevin Muscat is leading the goal scoring table yet he has kicked them all from penalties!! :loon That Fred was sensational tonight and proved he has brillaint skills, the amount of depth this Melbourne team have is incredible given Allesandro and Sarkies both sat on the bench. Did you see any of the game Miguel? Austar have just refurbished all their channels and all of a sudden im left having to pay an extra $17 a month just to get the nex Fox 3 channel (which conveniently has the A-LEague and other soccer on) so i may not be watching A-Lague for a while. Stupid arseholes...

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Yep I was there, sat on the fence for the first half and then moved to the third level in the second to get a view of our structure down back, sensational, I am not sure if you guys saw how Leija (?) and Pira were swapping left to centre to cover the attacks, everytime Roar went forward Pira would mark the central striker and allow Vargas heaps of room to tidy up at back. Glad I did not punt on this one tho, I would have never tipped that result, but I'm back on the over 2.5 at the dome always, that ground just seems to invite cheap goals.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) As for Fox Sports 3, what a joke, I had pay for a while but it's just too much to keep long term, and they are always looking for ways to dick their customers around, bloody joke. Did you guys think Theo was having trouble sighting crosses and getting out to clear? I have seen him keep heaps and last season his strength was clearing from corners and long balls, I'm not sure if he's a bit out of touch or it's the dome lights. Either way I'd like to see Euigene come back in, he is more direct with his goal kicks and a bit more tactical than Theo.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) I sat on the fence right at the corner flag to the way melbourne were kicking in the second half. Very hard to see what was going on at times in this position and considered going up stairs, but since we had sneaked in to the front fence we would never of got back in :dude I didnt notice any problems with Theo's kicking, but you could be right. If i get a chacne to see the replay i will take a bit more notice of this. What did you think of the crowd Mig. You happy with 26,000? Considering a few people would of been hungover from yesterdays grand final, or school starting back up tommorow, or the fact Melbourne Storm were in the NRL grand final at 7pm, i think 26k was a fantastic effort. If this match was on next Saturday night i reckon it could of cracked 30,000

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) 26k was great, the acid test will come when Melbourne have two home games in a week there with the Friday fixture followed by the thursday at the start of November, will be very interesting to see if the numbers go up or down then. Looking at it from being 9k more than capacity at OP puts it in perspective and it would be a sell out at the bubble dome when it gets built. Bit of a shame the rest of the country is lagging behind, doubt there will be many at Adelaide tomorrow night.

26k was great' date=' the acid test will come when Melbourne have two home games in a week there with the Friday fixture followed by the thursday at the start of November, will be very interesting to see if the numbers go up or down then. Looking at it from being 9k more than capacity at OP puts it in perspective and it would be a sell out at the bubble dome when it gets built. Bit of a shame the rest of the country is lagging behind, doubt there will be many at Adelaide tomorrow night.[/quote'] Match is on at 4:30pm adelaide time tommorow I think. Very strange time to have a football match?? I doubt they will get many their either. Also with Victory, be interesting to see what sort of crowd they will get if they hit a rough patch

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Adelaide will be without aboiut 70% of their goal scoring power agaisnt Sydney and the task has been made more difficult for this game with potent forward duo Shengqing Qu and Fernando out of the side. Former Chinese international Qu received a two match ban after being found guilty of violent conduct last week while Fernando is missing with a knee injury. Defender Kristian Rees and midfielder Matthew Kemp replace them in the squad that came away from Queensland in the last round with a hard fought 0-0 draw. Adelaide United and Sydney FC have created a fierce rivalry and played in a number of memorable games since the Hyundai A-League began including a five goal thriller at Hindmarsh Stadium last season with United triumphant, and this promises to be no different with a bumper crowd expected. Sydney FC’s new international signing Benito Carbone will make his debut on Monday as Adelaide United aims to leap frog Sydney FC on the table. I may not have time to do an in depth anaylsis and will be back home about an hour before the game. Sydney with Carbone added to their attack look like they will be hard to beat against a weakended Adelaide attack. What do Ads and Miguel think about this one???