Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

Sounds like a masterful plan Miguel :gimme I will watch it home as usual and update the forum for those who want to know what's going on. I am heading down to telstra Stadium Sunday to watch the melbourne/Queensland game and should be a cracker too, can't wait to hear the noise of 40,000+ people, should be a real buzz. cheers :ok
I am also heading down to the game Beejayville so should be a cracker. I hope they get the 40,000 there like the sydney match. We will have to catch up for a few ales before the match :cheers

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Shots Per Goal

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots Per Goal

S/R

Melbourne Vict

19.64%

Adelaide Utd

13.56%

Queensland

13.10%

Sydney FC

12.96%

Newcastle Jets

10.71%

Perth Glory

5.13%

NZ Knights

2.50%

CC Mariners

1.79%

Good stat this, i like looking at this table. Interesting Perth have had the second most amount of shots, im thinking they must close their eyes when they shoot or something cause they struggle to score. They should be getting alot more with that many shots.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Newcastle vs Perth The injury depleted Jets take on the fully fit Glory in promises to be a good entertaining match. I see alot of people have tipped Perth to win this one but im kind of leading towards the other way. I think Newcstle are more than able to take something away from this match even without the players that are missing which include Joel Griffiths, Paul Okon, Vaughan Coveny & Stuart Musialik. But all is not lost as there are capable repalcements, for Paul Okon - Steve Old will come in and he is a very good centre back and he will look to have a blinder so he can keep his spot in the team. Milton Rodrigues has been a revelation so far for the jets and he is making his first start on home soil tonight and i think he may be able to rip the game apart. Tony Faria, Steve Eagleton, Tolgay Ozbey & Labinot Haliti are the other players to come in. On the other hand Perth Glory have a clean slate as far as fresh injuries are concerned and will field their best team, but im not sure there best team is anything to brag about. The Glory are bad travellers and Newcastle have been moving closer and closer to a victory every week now. The only thing that worries me is the draw so im going to take a bit of a risk and put small stakes on a 1-1 correct score to save just incase it finishes a draw. I see alot of people are keen on taking Perth so i would advice using a Asian Handicap on them as caution. Pick Newcastle to WIN at $2.30 - (5/10) Pick Score to end 1-1 as a saver at $7.00 (2/10) Happy Punting everyone!! Ads25

Hi Oleg :welcome It's not that opponents can't win in the next round after playing away in Perth, I was wondering what the stats were because Perth is on the West side of Australia and a 3 hour plane flight from the Eastern States...So to give you an idea...

Top of Australia

Queensland

1 hour

Perth

3 hours

Central Coast

Over

Newcastle Jets

Tasman

4 hrs

NZ Knights

Sydney

Sea

1 hour

Adelaide

1 hour

Melbourne

Something like the above, on right is Eastern States from Queensland down to Melbourne and average plane flight, then from East to West where Perth is and average plane flight. In the AFL which is Australian Rules football here in Oz there is a theory that teams that take the 3 hour plane trip from the Easterns states to Perth struggle with the distance travelled and the return flight, so that when they play their next game they are disadvantaged cos they run out of legs, or are just tired from the plane trip, plus Perth ground is very hard and combined with the heat and hardness, can cause tiredness for the next game. Queensland also has warm, humid weather too, and does have a little effect too on away teams. Compare the ground to a turf race track surface, Perth ground would be Fast while Eastern states ground would/could be Good/Dead/Slow. Melbourne and Sydney are cooler this time of year and playing in the really hot states can have an effect on them endurance wise the next week, so Perth are at an advantage that way when at home, also Queensland for that matter. And it is interesting that for whatever reason, Melbourne have lost both their next matches after making away trip to Perth, it may just be coincidence. It might be worth me checking stats of teams who flew over the Tasman and played in New Zealand and see how they went the following week. Hope this made some sense to you...Teams here are not used to travelling long distances to play a game, it is something they have to get used to, so an advantage for the home team. Bear in mind the stats were only on one season of A League and may not mean anything...
Thanks a lot man :nana:clap Couldn't actually ask for a better explanation! I'll follow you on Perth today. But to be more safe will take dnb option. Good luck to everyone!

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory

6.delta_min.gifPerth Glory5113449
7.delta_min.gifNZ Knights61144110
8.delta_min.gifNewcastle Jets50323611
I believe seeing also I classify it and the disputed encounter end to hour the 2 squares are equivalent. But creed that the absences for the Newcastle Jets are much heavy and therefore I go for sign 2 in Asian Handicap (0-0.5) Newcastle Jets Out: 12. Paul Okon, 15. Stuart Musialik, 18. Joel Griffiths • Prediction = 2 (0,-0.5) • Odds = 1.825 • Stake = 7/10 • Bookmakers = Bet1128 Good luck

Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory
6.delta_min.gifPerth Glory5113449
7.delta_min.gifNZ Knights61144110
8.delta_min.gifNewcastle Jets50323611
I believe seeing also I classify it and the disputed encounter end to hour the 2 squares are equivalent. But creed that the absences for the Newcastle Jets are much heavy and therefore I go for sign 2 in Asian Handicap (0-0.5) Newcastle Jets Out: 12. Paul Okon, 15. Stuart Musialik, 18. Joel Griffiths • Prediction = 2 (0,-0.5) • Odds = 1.825 • Stake = 7/10 • Bookmakers = Bet1128 Good luck
I add Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory Newcastle Jets 6/11 Perth Glory 4/9 • Prediction = 2 Over 2/2.5 • Odds = 2.10 • Stake = 7/10 • Bookmakers = Bet1128

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Scorers for each team tonight...

Player

Team

Total

M Bridge

Newcastle Jets

M Rodriguez

Newcastle Jets

J Griffiths

Newcastle Jets

S Young

Perth Glory

S Colosimo

Perth Glory

J Coyne

Perth Glory

D Tarka

Perth Glory

All playing tonight except for Griffiths, so the Jets lose 20% of their goal scoring and probably a higher percentage for Griffith's drive and passes.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Newcastle Jets -vs- Perth Glory I'm not an expert in A-League but looking into the table, I see some value on over 2.25 @ 2.05

Home

Away

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Jets

Perth

Newcastle Jets Average goals 2.75

Perth Average 3.25

Furthermore looking at the fantastic stats on shots from BJ both of them have decent percentage in shots. Therefore, I will back Over 2.25 @ 2.05 medium stake.

Cheers

Scorers for each team tonight...
Player

Team

Total

M Bridge

Newcastle Jets

M Rodriguez

Newcastle Jets

J Griffiths

Newcastle Jets

S Young

Perth Glory

S Colosimo

Perth Glory

J Coyne

Perth Glory

D Tarka

Perth Glory

All playing tonight except for Griffiths, so the Jets lose 20% of their goal scoring and probably a higher percentage for Griffith's drive and passes.
Griffiths is a big loss, but Milton Rodriguez is really hitting his straps now. Ive seen him play a couple of times and he is inspirational. Jets are very good through the midfield and i think he could be the factor tonight

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Squads for tonights game: Newcastle Jets: 20.Ben Kennedy (gk), 2.Steve Eagleton, 3.Jade North, 5.Milton Rodriquez, 6.Andrew Durante, 7.Tony Faria, 8.Matt Thompson, 10.Nick Carle, 11.Tarek Elrich, 13.Adam D’Apuzzo, 16.Labinot Haliti, 17.Tolgay Ozbey, 19.Mark Bridge, 22.Steven Old, 24.Paul Kohler Perth Glory: 1.Jason PETKOVIC (gk), 3.David TARKA, 4.Simon COLOSIMO, 5.Jamie HARNWELL (Captain), 6.Jeremy CHRISTIE, 8.David MICEVSKI, 10.Bobby DESPOTOVSKI, 11.Stan LAZARIDIS, 12.Leo BERTOS, 13.Ante KOVACEVIC, 14.Jamie COYNE, 16.Adrian WEBSTER, 17.Stuart YOUNG, 19.Naum SEKULOVSKI, 20.Aleks

Thanks a lot man :nana:clap Couldn't actually ask for a better explanation! I'll follow you on Perth today. But to be more safe will take dnb option. Good luck to everyone!
Probably a good idea Oleg, Newcastle are quite capable on their day but have 2 big outs, especially Griffiths, a draw is well on the cards tho. Interestingly enough Perth have scored all their goals in the second half while the Jets are 50/50

Probably a good idea Oleg, Newcastle are quite capable on their day but have 2 big outs, especially Griffiths, a draw is well on the cards tho. Interestingly enough Perth have scored all their goals in the second half while the Jets are 50/50
Ive gone Newcastle for the win, but im going the 1-1 correct score as back up with small stakes. If the match ends drawn then 1-1 is the likely result

Fernando out for six Adelaide United has been dealt a major blow with the news striker Fernando could be sidelined for up to six weeks with a knee injury. Fernando's injury comes at the worst possible time for Adelaide after Chinese striker Shengqing Qu was handed a two-match ban after being found guilty of violent conduct also from the match against the Roar. Defender Kristian Rees and midfielder Matthew Kemp have come into the squad for this week's vital Hyundai A-League clash with Sydney FC at Hindmarsh Stadium on Monday.
Not good news for Adelaide as the following table shows that rech and Qu are scoring 66% of their goals. Fernando rech is going to be a huge loss for Adelaide and not sure where their goalpower will come from with him out.
Player

Team

Goals

F Rech

Adelaide Utd

T Dodd

Adelaide Utd

R Cornthwaite

Adelaide Utd

S Qu

Adelaide Utd

Not good news for Adelaide as the following table shows that rech and Qu are scoring 66% of their goals. Fernando rech is going to be a huge loss for Adelaide and not sure where their goalpower will come from with him out.
Player

Team

Goals

F Rech

Adelaide Utd

T Dodd

Adelaide Utd

R Cornthwaite

Adelaide Utd

S Qu

Adelaide Utd

Not to mention Qu is out to, next couple of weeks could be tiring for Adelaide without these two. Also it was anounced today that Romario (former Brazil player) will be playing 4 games for Adelaide in november/december

Ive gone Newcastle for the win' date=' but im going the 1-1 correct score as back up with small stakes. If the match ends drawn then 1-1 is the likely result[/quote'] I respect your opinion very much Ads cos you have been on fire recently and can't remember the last time one of your tips did not salute, and you have been especially good with the scoreline selections. Just not sure how you can pick a team to win that has only won the 1 game in it's last sixteen with any confidence. The last 16 games for the Jets are 1W-6D-9L with 14 GF and 29 GA and have only the 1 win at home in their last eight, and 2 of those losses were against the team they are playing tonight, Perth (0-1 and 1-3). Good luck tho!!! But not good when we are on different sides tho :eek

I respect your opinion very much Ads cos you have been on fire recently and can't remember the last time one of your tips did not salute, and you have been especially good with the scoreline selections. Just not sure how you can pick a team to win that has only won the 1 game in it's last sixteen with any confidence. The last 16 games for the Jets are 1W-6D-9L with 14 GF and 29 GA and have only the 1 win at home in their last eight, and 2 of those losses were against the team they are playing tonight, Perth (0-1 and 1-3). Good luck tho!!! But not good when we are on different sides tho :eek
Good question you raised Beejay, i just feel Newcastle can grab something from this match. Sure they have Griffiths out and Okon, however Steven Old will step in for Okon and he is a very good player. He has been waiting in the shadows for alot of this year and starting this match might be the spark that lights his fire. He will be playing very hard tonight to keep his spot and Newcastle will be the better for it. As for Perth, i just dont rate them. I dont like the way they play and so far this year they are yet to score in an away game. Perth do look the obvious choice on paper, but Newcastle have improved a bit lately and i reckon tonight they can win by about a goal, if not the draw looks a good bet.

I respect your opinion very much Ads cos you have been on fire recently and can't remember the last time one of your tips did not salute, and you have been especially good with the scoreline selections. Just not sure how you can pick a team to win that has only won the 1 game in it's last sixteen with any confidence. The last 16 games for the Jets are 1W-6D-9L with 14 GF and 29 GA and have only the 1 win at home in their last eight, and 2 of those losses were against the team they are playing tonight, Perth (0-1 and 1-3). Good luck tho!!! But not good when we are on different sides tho :eek
Beej, agree with what u said,but the thing is bets kept on coming on Newcastle ,I been watching it on AH in Asia for 3 hrs, Will jump on Newcastle and forget about the record

with all the lack of goals' date='and unavailable strikers,would it be safe to asume it will be an unders game? but then, i worry bout the high shots rate..thats why i say the stats doesnt make sense...yet to decide my pick..[/quote'] That's why I don't really like Under/Over 2.5 bets Dark...Look at last week where two high scoring sides Queensland/Adelaide playout a 0-0 draw, but Queensland have 27 shots and could have quite easily scored 3 goals easily with a bit of luck, but didn't. I'm not sure how tonight's game will pan out, my gut says a 2-1 win to Perth but I am not one for scorelines, think this may be an attacking game tho and both of these defences have been ripped apart by different teams, so could be high scoring game, but don't quote me :loon

That's why I don't really like Under/Over 2.5 bets Dark...Look at last week where two high scoring sides Queensland/Adelaide playout a 0-0 draw, but Queensland have 27 shots and could have quite easily scored 3 goals easily with a bit of luck, but didn't. I'm not sure how tonight's game will pan out, my gut says a 2-1 win to Perth but I am not one for scorelines, think this may be an attacking game tho and both of these defences have been ripped apart by different teams, so could be high scoring game, but don't quote me :loon
hahaha beej..better on Over than under... i'll just throw something on Over 2.25 and see how it goes....... with the insurance of Meatman's France L2 later..hehehe...gd luck all! going out for my daily dose of street soccer might be back during 2nd half

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Under/Over betting is a flip of a coin really. Newcastle could have 20 shots on target to night but the game may end 0-0, but on anotehr night it could be 5-0 Depends on the situation of the night, its just too hard to call. Stats go out the window i rekcon

hahaha beej..better on Over than under... i'll just throw something on Over 2.25 and see how it goes....... with the insurance of Meatman's France L2 later..hehehe...gd luck all! going out for my daily dose of street soccer might be back during 2nd half
maybe u are right,something fishy here??? 1st half Newcastle (o) @+.76Asia,why are they so confident on Newcastle