** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Due to austar being total f**heads, i cant even get on their site to change my channel options (ie. give them more money) without the site coming up to say 'Page cannot be displayed' everytime i click submit. This is pissing me off, cant even listen to the radio coverage without it buffering every 2 seconds due to dial up internet. Have gone over the months download limit for the first time ever. Ruined my night

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Going by the stats it appears Sydney are doing most of the attacking, 4 attempts at goal compared to Adelaides 1. Posession is even at 50/50 while neither keeper has had to make a save yet

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Sydney sound like they are tearing United apart, one goal knocked in for Sydney from an offside position, game has slowed and Adelaide is starting to create some fairly weak chances. Mark Shield seems to be having a dog of a day, commentators are raving about Carbone but Sydney seem to be lacking that finishing touch atm.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Great thru ball by Carbone to allow Ruben Zadkovich to run onto it inside the box and it is 1-0 Sydney. Adelaide has had a couple of chances to score and probably should have had one in the 7th minute when Dodd was one on one with the keeper and choked quicker than the Boston Strangler! Benny the Boner as they call him on the radio is spelling danger for Adelaide

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Bad luck to all those that backed the draw at half time. Hopefully it stays under 2.5 goals for you Miguel cause at this stage it looks like it will. Not alot of shots on goal by either team

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) HT: Adelaide United 0 - 1 Sydney FC Sydney keep up their record of scoring a goal a game and they take a deserved lead at half time. Can't see Adelaide winning this as they will need to score 2 goals to do that, however they showed in the last 5 minutes before half time that they are cpable of at least scoring one. Sydney should be able to hold on to win this, or even score another goal, but it is not over yet and Adelaide cpable of scoring to produce a draw. I went for Sydney and by the 1-0 margin and hope it stays this way :)

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02)

How is Carbone adapting to australia soccer beejay? By the soudns of things he is playing ok' date=' hows he look on tv?[/quote'] He is looking ok, but didn't think he was as brilliant as the radio commentators are making out, but he is class with a capital 'C' and everything he does is quite good.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) - At half time Adelaide are heading posession at 53% to Sydneys 47% - Sydney 7 shots at goal to Adelaides 1 - Adelaide committed 8 fouls to Sydneys 5 - Sydney 5 offsides to Adelaides 0 - Sydney 2 corners to Adelaides 0 Going by these stats Adelaides attack seems non-existent. I havnt seen nor heard any of the match, but going by posession it seems Sydney are playing the counterattack and just attacking very hard as 5 offsides suggests. From what i read also Sydney had a goal disallowed. Adelaide with only 1 shot reminds me of last week and its going to get alot worse before it gets good. Without Rech & Qu they are nothing up forward. I expect this to get ugly in the second half unless Adelaide can improve

He is looking ok' date=' but didn't think he was as brilliant as the radio commentators are making out, but he is class with a capital 'C' and everything he does is quite good.[/quote'] It may take quite a while for him to get used to the Australian game, its very different than the English & other European leagues as its alot more physical and very fast. Will be a su[erstar though i have no doubts

0-1 at half time, crap crap crap crapppity crap crap, hope at least my unders can still come in, wtf are Adelaide doing in the midfield???? HT Draw = Loss HT/FT = Loss Bloody Adelaide!
Bad luck Miguel but your Unders is looking good tho, I think I rode the wrong rein and should have went Unders instead half time draw but thems the breaks! :beer

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Only one thing can sum this up for me now, :cry, but I went big and with no cover (not that it would have mattered now) and I lost out, it happens, now I am rooting for Sydney to get up so at least Ads and Beejay can have a win, sounds like both defences are playing like crap, Travis Dodd = Dickhead! And that clown has got a run for Australia again.

Re: Australian A-League Round 6 (Sept 28- Oct 02) Was on the under 2.5 myself, The under was looking spot on at the beginning of the 2nd half, but suddenly an outburst and the bet is gone. The previous 6 games between them has been 3 or more, but I wanted to go against the statistics and here it goes. The way the commentary is going it seems that there might be anotherr goal??? in the next 25mins.