PartyPoker Monster Series

GaF

PartyPoker Monster Series  

1. 1.

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Thanks all...just to add out of the last six remaining players at least three of us never had a rebuy! Play your normal game and let the muppets build up the prize money. It was like a freeroll early on...with all the Hungarians :rollin

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series I got so so close yesterday - got heads up in my first attempt at a $10 + $1 STT - only winner gets in the weekly freeroll. Had 4 bad beats while heads up and lost (posted the details in the bad beats thread). Really really frustrating!

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Well done Jomell :clap :clap I've always struggled on Party - my "usual" game doesn't seem to work on there - I lost my original $50 deposit. I redeposited - $100 and decided that I objected to 20% rake ($5 + $1) so have started playing the $10 + $1 games instead - doing better - up to $190 but waiting to clear $200 before attempting Monster STT's.... So far as "value" goes - I think the STT's and MTT's are all the same - basically each place in the weekly final requires a $50 deduction from the prize pool to be "donated" to the main event pool - so whilst the perception of Value may be different, I think it is just perceived and there is no difference...... Might have to give one of these rebuys a go though ;)

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Thanks Gaf. I usually only play on Crypto..like the software and have most of my funds in Betfair. I try not to play too much...hard to shift working...but still find sometimes i just go through the motions.Not really concentrating and end up making silly mistakes,so switch sites like Party Poker to renew my focus back. Not sure which weekly freeroll i will play in yet,probably see how this week's one go's.Over 2,300 enties in so far... Lets hope we can all get in many more :nana

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Decided to have a bash at the monster STT Screwed up and went into a holdem limit game. Went down to 540 with 10 still in and blinds at 200/100 Congratulations on winning $0 in the Monster Single Table Tournament Qualifier (ID number: 27116507) that took place on 08/08/2006 at 19:48 ET. Your rank in the tournament was 1. :ok I'd rather be happy than right any day. Edit: Jomell - Partypoker site says top 1000 from weekly progress and top 1000 from monthly progress. No mention of 2000

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series

Sorry but I have to disagree here. There is a $30 + $3 MTT (not a rebuy) running at the moment with 20 entrants. Entry fees amounted to $600 + $60 The prize pool is $570 + 3 entries to the weekly final, this is good value. There was a $5 + $1 rebuy MTT with 130 entrants, there were 235 rebuys Entry fees amounted to $1825 + $650 The prize pool was $1277.50 + 3 entries to the weekly, I think that was very bad value. They have based the MTT's to break even with 100 entrants, any less is good value, more is not.

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Quite right Jomell - i was going by payout Weekly - top 2000 qualify, top 1000 get cash Monthly - top 1000 get cash and qualify Thanks mate - that'll teach me to try to understand anything at that time of the morning :ok

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Your spot on Hedonist (re Value) and Jomell (re Qualifiers) - cheers guys :ok Spotted in the lobby too - the Weekly and Monthly finals are capped at 8000 players :ok So this tourney is even better value!!!!

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series And well done George :ok :clap :clap Unlucky sensibleboy - Keep trying and I'm sure you'll make it :ok Frustrating losing when you are a favourite I know, but assuming you got the money in preflop and assuming holdings something like AcKd v Th8h, you were only a 60% to 40% favourite - you would win 3 out of 5 and lose 2 out of 5 - not that far from a coin flip and depending on stack sizes/blinds he could well have been right to go all in (even call all in) :sad

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Just won my 2nd entry to a $100K weekly freeroll. Played a $6 STT with 4 left chip leader had 11k chips when i had 1,800,eventually took him out. The heads up was one of the toughest i've ever had,went on for ages. My trip 9's ended up beating his pocket kings :dude

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series 3 near misses for me now. Finished 5th in a 70 player MTT yesterday (top 3 got in), and have now finished second in two STT qualifiers - made cash in all 3 but don't have a golden ticket yet. You couldn't lend me one Jomell, could you??? :\

3 near misses for me now. Finished 5th in a 70 player MTT yesterday (top 3 got in), and have now finished second in two STT qualifiers - made cash in all 3 but don't have a golden ticket yet. You couldn't lend me one Jomell, could you??? :\
Very unlucky Cloud! I think i might have used all my luck before i play in the weekly games. Keep plugging away i'm sure you will get a golden ticket without me lending you one :)

monster_pp_logo_header.gif
spacer.gif
Dear surething66, Congratulations on winning $0 in the Monster Single Table Tournament Qualifier (ID number: 27226393) that took place on 08/11/2006 at 08:32 ET. Your rank in the tournament was 1. In addition, you have won an entry into a guaranteed $100,000 Monster Weekly Freeroll. Check our listings for dates and times. All you have to do is register for the $100,000 Monster Weekly Freeroll of your choice and you could be on your way to winning an entry to a $1,000,000 Monster Monthly Freeroll.
3rd one :nana :nana :nana Finished early today as i had a Dental appointment ;)