PartyPoker Monster Series  

1. 1.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gazza271

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series

I'm on about 6.5k at the first break, with just over 3000 left and average chip stack of about 4.5k. Anybody else playing and still in?
still in as well mate but struggling on about 4k :hope

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Finished in 1700th, so I qualified for the monthly final, but I'm annoyed at myself. I had enough chips to qualify comfortably, but stupidly risked (and lost) most of them. I doubled up soon afterwards to make myself comfortable for qualification again, but didn't have enough to do more than hang on until I qualified, by which time I didn't have enough to make a serious challenge for the prize money.

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Wow!!!! Poker night live have just said that the june final should have 8000 finalists playing for $40,000,000 - that's $5000 per head!!!! You only have to finish in the top 2000 in the weekly final and top 1000 in the monthly final!!! I'm sure most of us can make it if we give it a serious go - come on PL'rs CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest gazza271

Wow!!!! Poker night live have just said that the june final should have 8000 finalists playing for $40,000,000 - that's $5000 per head!!!!
kin hell :unsure :unsure :unsure

• 3 weeks later...

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Shamelessly selectively quoted for comic effect:

Dear slapdash222, Congratulations on winning $0 in the Monster Single Table Tournament Qualifier (ID number: 29080594) that took place on 09/22/2006 at 18:30 ET.
It simply doesn't get much bigger than this!

Im in the monthly tournament later today. Must say I aint confident as the run im on at the moment is dire, low confidence and need to be well prepared for this but I aint. :(
Me too - I'm now up to 22 consecutive $10 Monster games without qualifying for the weekly final........indeed it's now 11 consecutive games without top 3 :( My Party bankroll is gone - I either need to cash tomorrow or deposit to keep playing in this :(

Guest gazza271

er.....tomorrow - is the weekly final today ;)
Is it not the montly final tonight mate :unsure was going to play tonights monthly but am out now so will play next month :ok

Guest gazza271

Oops' date=' thought the monthly final was today but appears its not until tomorrow afternoon. Oh well.[/quote'] may be able to play it then, have a training day till about 4pm, what time does it start tomorrow ?

Guest gazza271

may be able to play it then' date=' have a training day till about 4pm, what time does it start tomorrow ?[/quote'] cancel last, just seen it starts at 5.50pm so should be ok :ok One thought though, seen it has just short of 6000 entrants with only top 1000 paying and going through to grand final. Does the novelty seem to be wearing off and maybe its worthwhile waiting a month to see the numbers in next months final ?

Re: PartyPoker Monster Series Not sure numbers will tail off in the monthly (in fact the contrary...) - they will always get 2000 in the weekly finals - so monthly qualifiers will increase by 8-10,000 every month - no matter how much it tails off..... I'm still planning to be in ALL of the monthly finals anyway :unsure

cancel last, just seen it starts at 5.50pm so should be ok :ok
5.30pm, I think.
One thought though, seen it has just short of 6000 entrants with only top 1000 paying and going through to grand final. Does the novelty seem to be wearing off and maybe its worthwhile waiting a month to see the numbers in next months final ?
... or you could qualify again and play both. ;) It may well be that this one turns out to have a smaller entry. People playing this month must have qualified in September, but next month's qualifiers could have qualified either in September or October. If the novelty wears off, I'd expect that to affect the weekly finals rather than the monthly ones.

Not sure numbers will tail off in the monthly (in fact the contrary...) - they will always get 2000 in the weekly finals - so monthly qualifiers will increase by 8-10,000 every month - no matter how much it tails off..... I'm still planning to be in ALL of the monthly finals anyway :unsure
I am only planning on playing in 1 monthly final. The 1st one. And the one I qualify from.

I am only planning on playing in 1 monthly final. The 1st one. And the one I qualify from.
Remember the Monthly finals ar $1,000,000 games in their own right (and capped to 8,000 players) - so even without the incentive of qualification to the main event, they are worth playing in :ok

Remember the Monthly finals ar $1' date='000,000 games in their own right (and capped to 8,000 players) - so even without the incentive of qualification to the main event, they are worth playing in :ok[/quote'] Maybe, but will have to qualify again and cant be bothered. However if i dont qualify in tomorrow monthly maybe I wil try again. :ok