Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... thanks for your findings on draws highlighted by the system, quite an eye opener and of course the yield!!!! I don't mind you continuing on this thread Grex, perhaps it's more appropriate that it does stay here as it is all related to the Michael Wray sheets.I shall watch with interest at those highlighted tonight.Thanks Grex and keep up the good work!:ok

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. A 50% strike rate on last night’s two X-picks – however, as 44% of last night’s Conference matches were draws, it wasn’t particularly exciting. So, the overall picture now looks like this:

No. of bets

Strike rate

45.1%

Yield (ROI)

47.9%

A word of warning….. this level of yield can NOT be maintained – so, we are due a down-turn, probably starting with tonight’s X-picks from MW’s sheets:

26/09/07

Bundesliga

Frankfurt

-

Karlesruhe

Serie A

Catania

-

Empoli

Siena

-

Atalanta

Primera Liga

La Coruna

-

Huelva

Murcia

-

Almeria

Osasuna

-

Levante

Atl Bilbao

-

Atl Madrid

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Can somebody give me advice on formatting.... particularly tables? I prepare the text and tables for my posts in MS Word and then copy & paste to the PL reply box... but it never looks the same (see example above - looked perfect in MS Word, but the published version is all over the place!)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... still a healthy yield and strike rate. These can be compared with Matthew's stats on the thread "Predicting the Premiership using Stats". With draws the odds are always around 3.25 at least so you can expect a healthy yield I think!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Yes, I have been following Matthew's thread and his X predictions certainly out-perform both H's and A's (both this season and last season). Of course, we can't compare the methodology behind the 2 systems, because we don't have access to Michael's criteria. By the way, Merlin, I would like to do some "back-testing" on MW's sheets. Did you by any chance keep a record of MW's predictions for last season??... if so, can you give me a copy?? I'm not familiar with the private contact system on this site - perhaps you could help with that too. Sorry to be a pain.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... sorry Grex I don't have any old sheets, as soon as I finish one season I make way for the next.You could try sending a Private Message (at the top of your Strategies and Systems page) to muppett77, he just may be able to help you on this.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. As for the weekend's X-picks..... Saturday was excellent (particularly the Chelsea-Fulham result at odds of 6.0 :eek), however, it all went a bit pear-shaped on Sunday. Still, there was a yield of 10% on the 23 picks (at level stakes). What is worrying is that there is a downward trend on the overall yield. But, as I said before, this level of return is not sustainable, so a down-turn was inevitable. Overall picture is:

No. Bets81
Strike Rate39.5%
Yield31.9%
One X-pick for tonight - Tottenham v. Aston Villa :hope

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... I still deem this as satisfactory Grex. Where draws are concerned you will always get a lower strike rate but this will be compensated by the fact that the odds for draws are always in excess of 3.25 and using Betfair odds probably more can be squeezed.Keep em coming!:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... just two selections last Saturday, one won the other lost, so latest position:-

WIN ONLY
Total Staked

Total Returned

Yield %

Winners

Losers

Total Bets

Strike Rate %

Current Bank

Profit/Loss

Start Bank100
Live to fight another day!:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Good luck for tonight, Merlin.... I hope you have the same luck as last night's X-pick... 4-4 :loon, thanks to an amazing fight-back by Spurs from 1-4 down. The Gods were definitely with us The figures are now:

No. Bets82
Strike Rate40.2%
Yield34.4%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Not a bad evening for the X-picks.... 4 out of 9 came in with a yield on the night of 43%. But again there seems to be a trend for a high percentage of draws. Last night, 38% of matches ended in stalemates, compared with the 5-season average of 27%. Anyway, the overall statistics for the X-picks are now:

No. Bets91
Strike Rate40.7%
Yield35.3%

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Thanks for the (un)couraging words, DM NZ :spank Let me stress that I can take no credit for the "system" - I am merely acting as a technician, posting the predictions from Michael Wray's sheets. I have consistently warned that yield levels in the region of 30-40% are NOT sustainable... and a down-turn is inevitable. But let's remain positive - or else, we may as well all pack up and go home ;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... sorry Grex I did not take it as being rude, I was just trying to crack a funny.No way was I offended and appreciate what you are doing.It's always good to have Michael's sheets explored in various ways to see if there is any further leverage to be had.Keep up the good work, and welcome to the thread DM, is that New Zealand you are from?

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

..... sorry Grex I did not take it as being rude' date=' I was just trying to crack a funny.No way was I offended and appreciate what you are doing.It's always good to have Michael's sheets explored in various ways to see if there is any further leverage to be had.Keep up the good work, and welcome to the thread DM, is that New Zealand you are from?[/quote'] You would be right there merlin kiwi man through and through ;) Yeah the man himself is a few hours drive south from me don't know him though. thanks merlin you guys doing a great job I had a look at the sheets and I just cant put the time into them unfortunatly. DM

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Excellent stuff guys, I've read this thread through from the beginning over the last couple of days. Impressive stuff, and no doubt the yeild on Merlins win system would have been even greater if the best price was found and taken on each selection (as I am now a strictly value bettor i'm a bit of a best price fanatic). Merlin, are you just following this on paper or using some real spondoolies on this? Keep up the good work. Now the seasons bedded down a bit I might have a try with this (all at my own risk,etc,etc I know) I'll mull it over the next couple of days.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... two losers midweek, and will update the yield etc over the weekend. Meanwhile these selections highlighted for this weekend:- Arsenal 1.22 Reading 1.81 Swindon T 1.88 Accrington S 2.10 MK Dons 1.68 Hoping for some good action with these.;)