** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

..... last season saw information used in various ways within the Michael Wray Spreadsheets system, in an attempt to find decent betting opportunities.It is my intention to once again embark upon 2-0 and 3-0 predicted scorelines as highlighted by the system.Percentage yields etc will be shown on a weekly basis.For those interested in Michael's sheets and the progress of this season's sheets, I have received the following e-mail recently:- The sheets are very close to release. I hope to have the English and Germany sheets up within the next few days. Spain is just awaiting fixtures, whilst Italy is awaiting confirmation of participants! The European Champions League is on hold, whilst I wait for the official verdict on the participants. It's unclear as to whether UEFA have endorsed the proposed Italian replacements or how they will be seeded. The first two qualifying rounds are proceeding as originally planned, so it just remains to see who gets a group seeding and who goes into the third qualifying round. I suspect they'll just do a straight swap, but they are still showing the original Italian clubs and it's all a mess. In the meantime, I've also got the Euro2008 qualifiers underway. I've finished updating most of the historic component and just need to figure out how to incorporate the new group sorting criteria - they've decided that the head-to-head component needs to be iterative where multiple teams are tied on points. It's the first time this approach has been used and they're only doing it for the qualifers. The regulations state that they will return to normal criteria for the Euro 2008 Finals... it's a bit annoying! Cheers, Michael. Predictions using this system will follow when the season gets under way.Cheers.Merlin.;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Hi there Muppett old lad, long time no speak, how u doing? Yep! Iv'e downloaded all the sheets there is at the moment, some are still in the pipeline, and of course the Italians will be in an awful mess. Return to Oz was I suppose a little to do with the Wizard of Oz and my avatar mentions Wizard, so joined the two together and came up with that as a catchy little title.Anyway its a bit like following the yellow brick road.Hope you can visit often.Cheers.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ... Hi there and welcome also McGin, always good to have you aboard. Missed your input last season late on,but I understand you had your own system to persue.One advantage this season will be that the system is starting much earlier having been put together a bit late on,but never the less it proved to be quite a good little money spinner.Hope it does as well this season.Anyway do call in if you can spare the time.Good luck with your own ventures.Cheers.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... thanks David, a pleasure once again to have you aboard. Your comments are always welcome.Early days for the system, so will be looking forward to see how it performs.Good luck with yours!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... OK new season, new ball game, here are the selections based on Michael's sheets for this season:- Highlighted 3-0 selections:- Barnsley (A) 3.60 Morecambe. 1.80 Oxford U. 1.83 Tamworth. 2.50 Highlighted 2-0 selections:- Wolves. 2.20 Mansfield T. 1.91 Swindon T. 1.62 Cambridge U. 2.00 Grays A. 1.62 Southport. 2.38 So I'll be monitoring these and reporting back with yield figures etc next week.Cheers.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi merlin, good to see the thread back after the summer break. Last year you also ran the times predictor with another set of stats put up in a table along with 3-0 ratings will you be doing this again as if my memory serves me right did you not have some good returns. If you are I will be around most of the time this year and if there is anything I can assist you with just let me know. Cheers LL

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Hi there LL and a warm welcome back. It was Kanga (Andy) who introduced the stats into the three categories:- Michael Wray Sheets, Times Predictor and Betting Genius, which had to meet a certain criteria. I will find out off Andy if he is taking up the mantle once again, and perhaps there is something you can get involved with there.Keep watching this space!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... sorry to disappoint you young fella! I lay no claim to such fame and fortune, and if it is as good as he says it is, how come he is trying to sell it to the likes of us? No I'm afraid it is a case of hard experimentation pour moi just like most bodies on these forums.Good luck with yours!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ... still early days yet, but as I suspected the 2-0 system does not look as solid as the 3-0 does.Therefore I'm going to drop the 2-0 completely, and concentrate only on the 3-0 system.Two results out of 4 were successful and it still showed a profit of £14.30. Figures:- Total Staked 40.00 Total returned 54.30 Yield + 35.75% Winners 2 Losers 2 Total Bets 4 Strike rate 50% Current Bank £114.30 Profit/Loss +£14.30 Once again seems to be taking up where it left off last season.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... ok on to this week's selections from those matches highlighted as 3-0 wins by the Michael Wray sheets:- Arsenal 1.29 W.B.A. 1.44 Cheltenham (A)3.20 Peterboro 1.67 Liverpool 1.57 Gravesend 2.38 Morecambe (A) 2.75 All these matches qualify under the system rules, so hoping for good things.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... not so good this weekend.Poor performance.I'm just wondering whether Iv'e started tracking this too early without letting the season settle down a little.Anyway here is the current position:- Total staked 110.00 Total Returned 85.40 Yield - 22.36% Winners 4 Losers 7 Total Bets 11 Strike rate 36.36 % Current Bank 75.40 Profit/Loss -24.60 Here's hoping for better this weekend.:\

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... OK another day, another dollar, that's what they say anyway!I have still to decide whether it is better to leave the monitoring of this system until the season has got under way, as the results have not so far been as encouraging as last season.Anyway I'll persevere.This week's highlighted selections:- Bolton W (A) 2.88 Manchester U (A) 1.36 Leicester C 1.83 Bradford C 1.80 Walsall 2.00 Weymouth (A) 2.63 Hopefully I would expect these to perform better.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ... That's more like it, 4 winners from 6 which makes the figures look somewhat better:- Total Staked 170.00 Total Returned 163.60 Yield - 3.76% Winners 8 Losers 9 Total Bets 17 Strike Rate 47.06% Current Bank 93.60 Profit/Loss - 6.40 ..... Onwards and upwards!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... hi David, always nice to see you visit these portals, and particularly to view and comment on the 3-0 MW system.Got off to a poor start, but maybe this experience will be held in reserve for the commencement of next season, when I will more than likely wait for a couple of weeks or so to allow some form to come in.I think that is perhaps the reason for the poor start this time round, so only further monitoring time will tell.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ....due to the absolute mess the coupon was in last week I refrained from quoting any selections from the 3-0 system.It was a mess from start to finish with Internationals,North and South, and even Scottish matches taking part on Sunday!Anyway here are this weeks selections highlighted by the system:- Roma (1.68) Parma (A) (2.80) Chelsea (1.20) Newcastle U (1.73) Manchester U (1.50) Looking for some good results once again.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Been pretty busy lately so this seems to have been neglected.There were 4 winners and 1 loser this past weekend as per the M.Wray sheets,and I have brought these up to date as below:- Total Staked 250.00 Total Returned 276.10 Yield + 10.44% Winners 11 Losers 14 Total Bets 25 Strike rate 44% Current Bank 126.10 Profit/Loss 26.10 After a poor start, things appear to have picked up, and as the season settles down,the results appear to be more in line with last season's experiment.Will try to keep abreast of this.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... OK another day, another dollar.Just two selections highlighted this week in the Brits as I have not been paying too much attention to Spain,Italy and Germany, preferring to concentrate on those matches on our own turf.Here are this week's along with best prices:- Aston Villa 1.80 Preston N.E. 1.80 Looking for the continued improvement.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Another two winners nicely in the fold this weekend.My workings were slightly askew last week, so they have now been rectified:- Total staked 270.00 Total returned 312.10 Yield + 15.59% Winners 16 Losers 11 Total Bets 27 Strike Rate 59.26% Current Bank 142.10 Profit/Loss + 42.10 So after a poor early season start, this seems to be settling down very well and seems to be confirming that last season was not a one off.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... OK it looks like I'm talking to myself, but at least by putting these selections down on Black and White, it's at least proofing them. Just the two again this Saturday :- Everton 1.83 Blackpool 1.91 Hoping for the continued improvement.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... cor, my sanity has just returned! Thanks McGin for breaking the code of silence, great to get a visitor who drops by for some friendly comments. Not many around to air opinions and views etc. Anyway glad to see you were on those two last weekend.As regards prices I usually jusy glance at the RFO as I am typing them out,and get the best price there for the purpose of posting.Good to hear from you, hope your own system is panning out! Call again soon!;)