** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ... ok with the Daggers knifing themselves in the proverbials, it was a 50% haul, with Mansfield Town obliging at 2.10.Latest Figures and still in the Black! :- Total Staked 400.00 Total Returned 421.50 Yield +5.38% Winners 22 Losers 18 Total Bets 40 Strike Rate 55% Current Bank 121.50 Profit/Loss +21.50 Onwards and upwards! ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... unlucky again, Arsenal only drew to give us 1 correct from 2.Latest figures and still in the Black:- Total Staked 420.00 Total Returned 434.30 Yield + 3.40 % Winners 23 Losers 19 Total Bets 42 Strike Rate 54.76% Current Bank 114.30 Profit/Loss 14.30 Try again next week, onwards and upwards!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Hi Merlin etal, I'm new here and would like to understand what this thread is all about. (I've skipped it until now because I thought it would be about Australian football) Anyone care to explain? Thanks a lot. 3 legs

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... hi there 3 legs, good to see a new face.There is plenty of threads around in the archives, I picked this up last season and although the season was well advanced, a system was developed, which again has now been extended to this season.It was developed from the Michael Wray website where his spreadsheets can be downloaded at :- www.michaelwray.co.nz . In these sheets there are match predictions for all the various leagues and all the various dates.I based this system on those matches where Michael's sheets predict a 3-0 win, on the basis that if the confidence is there to predict a 3-0 win, then that team should stand a great chance to win the match regardless of taking the 3-0 scoreline.Therefore all selections 42 in total currently, have been backed at £10 stakes, and show a profit as we speak.On hindsight, if I were to start this season again, I would wait until the season is around a month old to eliminate some early season losers due to uncertain form, the figures would make better reading and show a distinct improved yield if this had been followed.Hope this goes some way to explanation,if not,please ask, when I shall endeavour to enlighten you further.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... unlucky, robbed with a Huddersfield goal four minutes from time against Scunthorpe which would have been the treble.Still 2 from 3 correct not a bad result:- Total Staked 450.00 Total Returned 465.10 Yield +3.36% Winners 25 Losers 20 Total Bets 45 Strike Rate 55.56% Current Bank 115.10 Profit/Loss 15.10 Onwards and upwards!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. yeh i merlin just noticed ur system and its really interesting. Sorry 4 sounding naive but do u back all ur selections in single win bets or do u put them in an accumulator, o and what do the numbers next to the teams represent, soz if im sounding stupid id be grateful if u could clear this up as ur thread seems cool :clap:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... hi Joey and welcome to the thread, hope that you are getting something out of it. The numbers against each team are the odds obtainable at that point in time, and displayed for the purposes of keeping a track of the system bets.Most of the time much better odds can be obtained from Betfair so if I was to do this,then the table above would look much better.These bets are currently backed as singles,but really up to those punters who want to choose their own methods.The table displays only singles, and was only born last season out of the ashes of previous attempts to make the Michael Wray spreadsheets profitable.If you look back in the archives at Page 9 - Michael Wray Spreadsheets, there has been much discussion on this which went towards the system evolving as a serious attempted profit making proposition.Several lessons have been learned,and I feel that there is certainly merits in continuing with such a system.Cheers.;) ps Last season after starting late, the system finished £46.69 ahead.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... with a reduced programme due to the F A Cup matches, there is only the one selection that meets the criteria this weekend:- Arsenal 2.10 Pretty generous odds too I reckon! Here's hoping!:hope

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

.... with a reduced programme due to the F A Cup matches, there is only the one selection that meets the criteria this weekend:- Arsenal 2.10 Pretty generous odds too I reckon! Here's hoping!:hope
Hi Merlin Sorry for late (useless) info but In my ver. of the "sheet" it also have Chelsea and Wigan as 4-0 and 3-0. Maybe i have missed some early result but i doubt it. On the other hand i have been following La Liga with the sheet and in the 4 last rounds it had 68% correct on the under selection.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... I was beginning to think that my sheets were mucked up somwehere! I used to do the Euro last season but Michaels sheets were slow in coming through particularly the Italian mess, so I disregarded and just used the Brits.All eyes on Arsenal tomorrow eh!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... The Arsenal selection duly obliged this weekend as I had expected, and at a great price of 11/10, could hardly believe this.Anyway here are the latest figures:- Total Staked 460.00 Total Returned 486.10 Yield +5.67% Winners 26 Losers 20 Total Bets 46 Strike Rate 56.52% Current Bank 126.10 Profit/Loss 26.10 I will be back with this weeks highlighted selections a little later.Cheers.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... just two selections highlighted this weekend, pretty hot favourites as it turns out, but that's what's been churned out, one cannot pick and choose, so without further ado :- Chelsea 1.23 Manchester U (A) 1.36 Onwards and upwards.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... another two wins from two for the system this weekend gone, not large prices, but a win is a win. Latest figures:- Total Staked 480.00 Total Returned 512.20 Yield +6.71% Winners 28 Losers 20 Total Bets 48 Strike Rate 58.33% Current Bank 132.20 Profit/Loss + 32.20 The system seems to be settling down these days and with a little earlier care in choosing the date to commence the system and of course looking for more advantageous odds, these figures could have looked even better.All food for thought for another season.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... thanks fellas, good to know there is a strong feeling of certainty with this system.I feel that in most weeks there is a good chance that winners can be netted.Pity I had not started a couple of weeks or so into the new season to let things settle down a little.Or maybe we would all be talking about that 10% yield figure you now mention.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... selections highlighted by the system this week:- Liverpool 1.45 Swansea C 2.40 Oxford U 1.38 .... and Iv'e extended to Euro but will keep these separate :- Lazio 1.45 Will try these for size!:hope

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... yep, cannot complain too much at that Andy, pity Swansea had not come up also at that very nice price!Still the yield is still healthy and all stats are progressing in the right direction.Latest figures:- Total Staked 520.00 Total Returned 555.00 Yield +6.73% Winners 31 Losers 21 Total Bets 52 Strike Rate 59.62% Current Bank 135.00 Profit/Loss + 35.00 Onwards and upwards!:hope

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... thanks Billy, always good to see your support there in the background! As I said earlier, with a little more careful though and planning, these figures I am sure, could be improved.The things I have learned from this venture bodes well for the future, and also proves that there is SOME leverage in Michael's sheets.Thanks.:ok