PL Heads Up Tourny

Guest gazza271

Guest gazza271

Right folks back in November we had a heads up tourny thanks to the generosity of SLAPDASH :clap Tonight on PL we have had a private game and i have just watched an epic HU between Mr V and Pokerrose Any interest in a PL HU Tourny ? I dont mind organising it if people come up with suggestions for buy in/prize fund etc The last tourny can be seen here; http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21226&highlight=heads I know since November i feel my own HU game has improved a lot, How about it folks ? I'm going to bed in a minute, express your interest here and if enough i will sort it out :ok

Re: Pl Heads Up Tourny I think it is a brilliant idea Gaz :clap And I am sure the mods think so too. I would say... go a head and pick a day, and those who are able to play will play :ok I also would suggest a small buy in, such as $ 3... and maybe a kind of group play, or that everybody plays eachother once, depending on how many contestants. Good luck organising it :ok Pene

Re: Pl Heads Up Tourny I'd be up for it. I thought the knock-out format we had last November (best-of-three matches, if I remember correctly) worked pretty well. What do other people think? By the way, why were there so many poker players checking out my thread in Systems and Strategy this afternoon? To see how my horseracing tips were doing? :unsure

Guest gazza271

Re: Pl Heads Up Tourny

I'd be up for it. I thought the knock-out format we had last November (best-of-three matches, if I remember correctly) worked pretty well. What do other people think?
I agree mate and was thinking of using that format again, will wait for a bit more interest and then get things moving :ok

Re: PL Heads Up Tourny Nice one Gazza :clap :clap Count me in!!! (and let me know if you want any help :ok) You're prefering the first format (knockout) over the second format (league)? Would work on Prima or Betfred (if Martyn could get us our own private table again)

Re: PL Heads Up Tourny

El Stuart, do you have an e-wallet? If not why not? and if you want to know which one, try Neteller. Betfred accept them. :ok
I tried to open a neteller account once before but i didnt have the necessary ID proof of who i was, they required a driving license or passport number...of which i have neither :(

Re: PL Heads Up Tourny Just thinking of format - rather than 3 or 5 games - how about 1 game but very deep stack - 10,000 chips or something? (assuming that can arranged somewhere) - I would have more conifdence in that deciding the best player, than 3 or 5 "crapshoots"

Guest gazza271

Re: PL Heads Up Tourny Right folks been working last few days so let this slip. I think the knock-out tourny is the way to go and when all interested parties are in then a draw can be made up, I will do the draw something like giving everyone a number then via MSN getting GaF/PL/PR/MRV to pick numbers. Thinking maybe best of three for the intial stages then maybe 5 and 7 for semi's/final Moneywise may be best to have something like a $1 buy in for each game so altho no money payout at the end the winners of each leg will all pick up some money. Table/site wise open to suggestions, BF were very good to us last time :clap , giving us private password protected tables so that could be another avenue. Prima network i believe allows us to set up private tables that are also password protected. It's gonna be tough keeping everyone happy so let me know your thoughts/preferences here. Looking to start the ball rolling withing the first couple of weeks of August so allows more people to see the thread and register an interest.

By the way, why were there so many poker players checking out my thread in Systems and Strategy this afternoon? To see how my horseracing tips were doing? :unsure
Now I know where I recognise the username. Knew it was familiar. Were you not around when this was still a small forum on the back of Ollie's "Football-Punter" website - circa 2001-2? That was before Paul became the big man on campus. I mighta even been here before him (haw!) - but Im not quite sure. I know he had a tips service running back then It really is ammazing how much this place has grown over the years. Good work paul. Wow tangent :)

Now I know where I recognise the username. Knew it was familiar. Were you not around when this was still a small forum on the back of Ollie's "Football-Punter" website - circa 2001-2?
No, I've only been around since last year, actually. Practically a newbie.