Wimbledon (M+F)

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) ...excpet this:

Sport Tennis
EventWimbledon
SelectionPHILIPPOUSSIS v Minryi
Strength10/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningI really don't see why Scud is the outsider here. He did the job for me in the first round and I see no reason not to back him again. I thought he was really good against Mathieu, apart from one service game in the first set he was in total control on his own serve. He was a little erratic from the back but the serve was awesome and he looked in a real groove. Mirnyi dropped a set against Ramirez-Hidalgo who really is a guy who he really should have swept aside. I'm never really convinced by Minryi, even on grass, and I really think Philippoussis should be favourite for this.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon (M+F)

haha, something tells me that could be a good bet mate. and I think that something might be the fact that the match was played earlier today.
Bollocks, should be Mirnyi:$ :$ :$ :$ Edit: ****, I've entered the bet correctly on SP but copied and pasted the wrong one on here:$ :$ :$ :$

EventJarkko Nieminen-Marcos Daniel
Selectiongame handicap -8:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningNieminen didnt made great in last matches but i think that he good prepared here for Wimbledon.He lost at roland garos by sluiter in 1/64 finals with 0-3 (2-6,6-7-1-2) but it seems that he was injured. On the another side Marcus Daniel has not stil any good results and i think that he dodnt prefer to play on grass so i think that Nieminen will very easy take a victory today and i will take him with -8 games on handicap

EventDavid Nalbandian-Arnaud Clement
Selectiongame handicap -6.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength9/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningNalbandian is big favourite in this match.he is in great form and i think that he will win over clement here without any problems.actually he already has 2-0 over Clement but it was in 2002 and 2003 but important is that clement didnt succes to take any set from Nalbandian. IN first round Clement won 3-0 over Portas (6-3,6-2 and 6-4) and Nalbandian won 3-0 too over Moddie (6-3,6-4 and 6-1) I think that Nalbandian is in better form in last days and that can cower this handicap

EventSebastian Grosjean-Gilles Simon
Selectiongame handicap -5.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningI think that Grosjean is big favourite here in this game against Simon and this can be very easy match for Grosjean wich prefer to play on grass.On the another side Simon very hard play on grass and has not any great results on grass. Simon has a great results and great performance in last days but like i said it is very hard expect from him anything here and i will take Grosjean on game handicap with -5.5 and i tihnk that he can cower this handicap

EventDavid Ferrer-Simon Stadler
Selectiongame handicap -4:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningDavid Ferrero is for me favourite in this game against Simon. Both players play hardly on grass and dont prefer to play on grass but stil Ferrer is better and more expirience player wich have great rsults.Also he has a good results on previuosly wimbeldon games and i think hat he will win today and can cower this minimum handicap wich seems more valuable then clean home win for Ferrer

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Hi guys, We continue with the following pick: ATP TOUR, WIMBLEDON WANG TO D BLAKE @ 7.01 on pinnacle WTA TOUR, WIMBLEDON JANKOVIC TO D DOMINGUEZ @ 1.2 on betfair Wang who is at his best on grass surely has a realistic chance to defeat Blake, who is at his worst on grass and who lost to Wang earlier on this year in their only previous meeting. Blake actually hates playing serve-and-volley players because those can expose his weakness on the backhand side and long swings on both sides. I saw both Dupuis-Blake matches lately and Blake simply was not able to pass Dupuis enough times with his backhand. Jankovic who came back o form lately and had a series of good results on all surfaces is a clear favourite against a Spanish clay courter. www.WinningTipster.com

EventLleyton Hewitt-Filippo Volandri
Selectiongame handicap -9.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
ReasoningNordicbet ofer this game handicap with just -9.5:0 and i will take Hewitt here on this handicap coz he is bigest favourite today and we saw that there is not a big suprises jet on this tournament coz all favourites prepared very well here. On the another side Volandri doesnt prefer to play on grass and i think that Hewitt has a great advantage here.Volandri is totally out of form and here can not do anything against great Hewitt and i expect clear 3-0 for Hewitt and that cower this -9.5 in three sets.

EventJustin Gimelstob-Christophe Rochus
Selectiongame handicap -5.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningRochus play very bad on grass and i dont give him any chance here agaisnt Gimelstob. Rochus has very poor results and just 5-13 on grass and i think that cant do anything here against Gimelstob wich has great results in last weeks and months..so i will take Gimelstob with -5.5 and i think that he can do it...

EventMartina Hingis-Tathiana Garbin
Selectiongame handicap -8:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningI think that we have a little wrong placed odds here. Hingis is favourite and she will win and this is more then 90% clear but this handicap is wrong placed. +/- 8 games in woman competetion is too hight i think and i will not miss this. Garbig need to take just 4 games to this bet ve pushed or won and i think that she is able to do that. Garbin won OBrein yesterday and it was tight coz result was 2-1 (2-6,7-6 and 6-2) so i expect that she can take 4 games from Hingis today wich east won over Savchuk with 2-0 (6-2 and 6-2) so if Schavchuk was able to take 4 games i think that Garbin will be able too

EventVictorija Kutuzova-Kim Clijsters
Selectiongame handicap +7.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
ReasoningKim is clear favourite here but i think that Kutuzova is not so bad pålayer that can not take 5 games here. Kutuzova won yesterday over Osterloh wich left the match when was 6-4 and 3-3 for Kutuzova. On the another side Kim won over Zvonareva 7-5 and 6-3 so if Zvonareva could take 8 games from Kim i think that Kutuzova is able to take 5 games too...

EventMaria Sharpova-Anna Smashnova
Selectiongame handicap -7.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningThis is maybe little riskly bet but again i see value in this bet. Sharpova is in good form but stil i think thas Smashnova is able to take 5 games from her to cower this handicap. Sharpova has a great number of win in a row but almost all players tok 5 or more games from her in matches and i think that Smashnova will be able to do that too

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Wang over Blake @ 6.8 - Blake is playing well but so is Wang and these two met earlier in the year with Wang winning. Wang beat Blake on American hard court - this doesnt happen often, he has only lost to Federer, Vliegen and Wang on American hard courts this year - so I feel this has real value as Blake isnt too at home on grass, although Queens may provide evidence otherwise. Henman over Federer @ 22 - these are ridiculous odds. They have a 5-5h2h record and although Federer has won the last few at least we know Henman can beat the main man. Henman had the mental toughness to come back from a 1-6 4th set against a decent player in Soderling to close out the match and Federer was tested against a few players at Halle so I feel these odds are a bit out of proportion just because of Feds demolition of Gasquet. Mahut over Vliegen @ 2.62 - Mahut has been playing well and had an impressive victory over Melzer in the first round. Over the last couple of weeks he has beaten solid grass court players such as Malisse and Stepanek. Vliegen has been equally impressive beating Mayer and Wawrinka but I see this match more as evens than a one sided affair. Scud over Mirnyi @ 2.02 - Scud is a grass court player. He is playing a guy who lost to Murray quite comfortably last week. I dont trust Max! Scuds impressive victories over the frenchmen Grosjean and PHM have convinced me of this one. Santoro over Berdych @ 4.4 - Santoro has been impressive recently but lost to Berdman only last week. However, it was a close match and the odds really dont reflect this, he will be out for revenge. He has defeated Vliegen, Ginepri, Youzhny and Arthurs and should be able to give an in form Berdman a good match and at those odds theres huge value. Good luck all :ok

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Can't believe the price for such a tremendous double(value-wise at least)... :eek 20pts Wawrinka-Vliegen (2.64 @ Ladbrokes) Calleri sneaked through on the back of beating a woefully inconsistent Srichaphan who has a knack of self-destructing from time to time. Just how Wawrinka, who'd sent Karlovic packing in the first round, could be rated as a 50/50 shot to win this one is beyond me - if anything, Wawrinka could have an unknown grasscourt pedigree about him which the books are underestimating big time... Likewise, Mahut is no world beater on this surface and I feel he's still way underpriced on the back of his beating Melzer - Vliegen's just a class apart. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 70.00pts Profit/Loss : -30.00pts

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPironkova - Radwanska
SelectionRadwanska
Strength10/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't understand why Pironkova is favourite here.Maybe because she won against Groenefeld in 1st round.But Groenefeld isn't as great on grass as on clay.So this win didn't impressed me.Pironkova is only two years older than Radwanska so we can say that this will be two junior players match.I give Radwanska slighty advantage here.She won junior Wimbledon last year.So she knows how to play on grass courts.Pironkova is nothing special really.She sometimes has great matches as on AO against Williams but thats all.Radwanska plays really smart tennis and she has big chance to go thrught to 3rd round and this would be big success for her.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventTanasugarn - Asagoe
SelectionTanasugarn
Strength10/10
Date28/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningAsagoe is in crappy form.She is losing everything in 1st rounds and she is focusing rather on double game.She won 1st round against Kirilenko but she can't keep losing all the time.She has to win sometimes :)Tanasugarn is clear favourite for me here.She played few matches on grass before wimbledon and she played in qualies here.She made it easilly to go to the main draw.I'm on Tanasugarn here.

Is anyone watching the Baghdatis-Mackin match? :$ Incredible match it seems - Mackin's leading 2-1 in sets and 3-0 up in the 4th set as I write...
Not watching it but seeing the updates on the net. Would be one hell of a shock if he pulls it off.:loon

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) I'm going for Robredo over Djokovic. I have no confidence here but as I mentioned once before, I believe Robredo has won every time he's been the underdog against a lower ranked opponent this year so I'm going to stick with that strategy for now. I suspect I'll have to add a "no grass" clause to the rule in the future but for now I'll leave it alone. 5pts at 2.12 on betfair. I have 5 on the Scud and 5 on wawrinka as well.

Hi all just been offered a free bet from betfair on the tennis. Mens w/o federer market and the womens outright. No idea about tennis form could any of the tennis experts offer me any advise please !!
I'd go for Hewitt and Venus mate. Actually, might go for them myself after seeing them come through convincingly today;)