** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon (M+F)

Re: Wimbledon (M+F)

SportTennis
EventWimbledon
SelectionHEWITT Outright E/W (1/2, 1,2) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date02/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningHewitt really surprised me at Queens, he put in a couple of performances that were as good as I've seen for a couple of years. Now he's the 2nd favourite here and I think that's fully deserved, I can't see him not making the final. Roddick struggled today and even on grass if you can get the serve back you can totally outplay him from the back. Hewitt loves doing that and if they meet in the quarters Hewitt will surely take him apart. The bottom half looks extremely weak, only Nadal looking a threat, and I'm still not convinced with him yet on grass - had a bit of a struggle with Boggy and that's bad! If he makes it to the semis then I think that's a cracking performance but I'd expect Hewitt to beat him. This bet is purely to secure the E/W, not even thinking about the top half and Fed. But stranger things have happened....

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportTennis
EventWimbledon
SelectionV WILLIAMS Outright E/W (1/2, 1,2) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date01/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe womens event looks pretty open, and cases could be made for a few of them, but I have to go for Venus in what looks like the easier top half. Most of the big names have looked good so far, and I wanted to wait until Venus had a match to see how was playing and how she seemed physically, and everything seemed OK today. When Venus is on, I think she's the best out there on grass by quite a margin, and hopefully we'll get a glimpse of that form as she tries to defend her title. Her record at Wimbledon is amazing apart from that one year and the very dodgy match against Sprem. Thee first week looks really straightforward and the first test should be Mauresmo in the quarters. On grass I just can't see Mauresmo being able to cope with the power and top spin of Venus - not to mention the serve. The semis will be tough with a probable game against Sharapova who has a really easy quarter. Maria is the favourite for this tournament and thus will probably be favourite if this semi happens, but I will be firmly behind Williams. Last year Venus beat Sharapova in the semis and I fancy a repeat. During the rain break on Monday I watched the 2004 final between Sharapova and Serena and I was truly shocked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from Sharapova, she was awesome! She played some incredible tennis and she's still being priced up from the performance but we haven't seen that sort of form from her since then. She's had a lot of problems this year (injuries and off court 'stuff') and with everything that's happened I really can't see her getting that form back this year. I'm not trying to predict who'll come out of the bottom half but I'd take Venus against any of them, and I think she's a decent outright selection.

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) great calls on the handicap Robijas, especially in the mens section. well played. mixed day for me, tipsarevic beat the handicap (just) and wawrinka won easily but the scud lost and robredo lost the first set from 4-1 up in the breaker. and apparently betfair have contacted the itf over the unusual amount of money staked on bloomfield - berlocq. hardly any prices for tomorrow at the moment. Of what is there, I strongly fancy Bjorkman and Bracciali. I might include Agassi in a treble although Seppi is pretty dangerous so I'm not quite sure.

EventAndre Agassi-Andreas Seppi
Selectiongame handicap -5.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningIt seems that time of Agassi is really past.Yesterday he hardly won over Boris Pashanski in long match.He won 3-0 ( 2-6,6-2,6-4 and 6-3).With this poor performance i think that Agassi can not win this game handicap of -5.5 games.Actually i dont think that he can win today over Seppi at all. Seppi won also 3-1 over J.Baker (6-3,6-7,6-4 and 6-3). Seppi was not so bad in last weeks in tournaments and matches so i think that he is able to do something here today.

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Thank you A Team...I am doing the bet what i can... I am not so big tenis fun but stil can recognise a value of handicaps in mathematical view and posibility...It was suprise for me that i was not succes in womans competetion coz this bets on handicap in their competetion seems very logical to win...but we have another day today... good luck to all

EventRafael Nadal-Robert Kendrick
Selectiongame handicap -6.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningNadal is big favourite in this match and already in first round he shows that his wish to win this tournament is so big. In first round Nadal won over A.Bogdanovic 3-0 (6-4,7-6 and 6-4).On the another side R.Kendrick won over Y-H.Lu 3-0 also ( 7-6,6-3 and 6-0 ).Y-H.Lu is amtour and that clearly shows this last set wich was gift and profesional players play the match til last minute.So Kendrick has not great results expecially in this year.So i think that Nadal is able to beat Kendrick with this game handicap of -6.5 coz Nadal is great player and had a great results in last weeks and moths and i dont think that he will break this chance here

SportTennis
EventWimbledon
SelectionV WILLIAMS Outright E/W (1/2' date=' 1,2) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date01/07/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe womens event looks pretty open, and cases could be made for a few of them, but I have to go for Venus in what looks like the easier top half. Most of the big names have looked good so far, and I wanted to wait until Venus had a match to see how was playing and how she seemed physically, and everything seemed OK today. When Venus is on, I think she's the best out there on grass by quite a margin, and hopefully we'll get a glimpse of that form as she tries to defend her title. Her record at Wimbledon is amazing apart from that one year and the very dodgy match against Sprem. Thee first week looks really straightforward and the first test should be Mauresmo in the quarters. On grass I just can't see Mauresmo being able to cope with the power and top spin of Venus - not to mention the serve. The semis will be tough with a probable game against Sharapova who has a really easy quarter. Maria is the favourite for this tournament and thus will probably be favourite if this semi happens, but I will be firmly behind Williams. Last year Venus beat Sharapova in the semis and I fancy a repeat. During the rain break on Monday I watched the 2004 final between Sharapova and Serena and I was truly shocked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from Sharapova, she was awesome! She played some incredible tennis and she's still being priced up from the performance but we haven't seen that sort of form from her since then. She's had a lot of problems this year (injuries and off court 'stuff') and with everything that's happened I really can't see her getting that form back this year. I'm not trying to predict who'll come out of the bottom half but I'd take Venus against any of them, and I think she's a decent outright selection.
I'm not sure if this is still the case but I knew before that crowds used to boo williams due to the fact she is incredibly ugly. They always cheer for the opposition. This might put her off her game.

EventGaston Gaudio-Irakli Labadze
Selectiongame handicap -4.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
ReasoningGaston Gaudio supried me yeasterday when easy won 3-1 over J.C.Faurel ( 7-5,3-6,6-2 and 6-4). He is not so great on grass but it seems that he can win here too. On the another side Irakli Labadze won 3-2 in long match over A.Peya (4-6,6-4,7-5,3-6 and 6-1).Labadze is also player wich dosnt prefer to play on grass and i think that here both players have a high disadvantage playing here on grass and i tihnk that in this conditions Gaudio is more close to win here coz he is more expirience player.I will take him on -4.5 game handicap coz clear win is about 1.45 and i think that he if win can cower this -4.5 games...

EventIvanLjubicic-Justin Gimelstob
Selectiongame handicap -6.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningIvan Ljubicic is not so great player on grass and he clearly showed that yesterday when hardly won over another non-grass player F.Lopez. Ljubicic won 3-2 (6-3,6-4,5-7,3-6 and 11-9).This match was so long and Ljubicic must be tired for todays match. On the another side Gimelstob more that easy (like i was expected) won over C.Rochus with 3-0 ( 6-3,6-4 and 6-4) With showen performance of both players i will take Gimelstob on +6.5 games coz i dont bolive that Ljubicic is able to beat him hard.Actually i think that Gimelstob will win this game but i will be happy with this handicap here

EventAndy Roddick-Florian Mayer
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
ReasoningAndy Roddick won 3-1 yesterday but won hardly then i was expected coz i expect mach more from him in this tournament.He won 6-7,6-4,7-6 and 6-2 over Tipsarevic wich knows tp play on grass too. On the another side Mayer won 3-0 over R.Vik ( 6-3,6-3 and 6-3 ) but Vil is totally out of form and this result can not show us really power of Mayer wich is not so great on grass and i think that Roddick will play today more careful and that can take cover this handicap of -6.5 games

EventAndrew Murray-Julien Benneteau
Selectiongame handicap -5.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningMurray won easyly over Massu with 3-0 (6-1,6-4 and 6-4) in first round of wimbledon. He also showed great performane in last months but was not so lucky and didnt got any great result coz alway played against best players. On the another side Benneteau won 3-1 Phau in first round ( 5-7,6-4,6-2 and 7-6) but showed that he is not player wich cna play best on grass and i see big disadvantage for him today. I think that Murray is more close to win here and i bolive that he can cover this handicap of -5.5 games...

EventLleyton Hewitt-Hyung Taik Lee
Selectiongame handicap -8:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningHewitt covered yesterday handicap of -9.5 games against Volandri in firat round when it was 3-0 ( 6-1,6-1 and 6-3).Hewitt showed that is in great form and i bolive that he will very easy win today also against Lee wich won over Saretta in first round with 3-0 also( 7-6,6-3 and 7-5).Saretta is player wich dosnt prefer on grass so this results can not show anything about performance of Lee.

EventStefano Galvani-Daniele Bracciali
Selectiongame handicap +6.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningThis is maybe one of riskly bets but i will take here Bracciali with -6.5 games coz i think that Bracciali in last weeks showed that he is great player and that cna do something here on this tournament. Both of this two players dont prefer to play on grass and have not so big results on grass but i think that at this moment Bracciali is in better form then Galvani and that can win today this game and also cover this handicap of -6.5 games..

EventJonas Bjorkman-Lukas Dlouhy
Selectiongame handicap -5.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
ReasoningBjorkman is player wich prefer to play on grass and i give him a big chance to win today over Lukas. Bjorkman won over Lukas last year with 2-0 (6-4 and 6-1) and i expect same performance today also. Bjorkman won over Johansson in first round with 3-1 and showed that good prepared for this tournament. Lukas won over another non-grass player Serra with 3-1 (4-6,6-3,6-4 and 7-5).Serra could here easy won over Lukas but was not so lucky.I think that Lukas has no big chance today aginst Bjorkman and i will take game handicap of -5.5 on Bjorkman here

EventDaniela Hantuchova-Jamea Jackson
Selectiongame handicap -1.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningHantuchova is not favourite in this game even bookies show that with given odds. Hantuchova hardly won ovar Camerin in first round with 2-1 (6-4,4-6 and 6-1) On tha another side J.Jackson won 2-1 over Flipkens (4-6,6-4 and 6-1) but Flipkens is better play on grass then Camerin. Also Jackson is better player on grass then Hantuchova and i think that she is able to prove that today...

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Very entertaining game in prospect today ..... ... with Marat Safin facing Fernando Gonzalez. Marat opened with a good victory over a fading, Greg Rusedski. The Russian totally out served the Brit/Canadian (take your choice) and that tells you as much about Greg's decline as anything else. Since returning from a long injury, Marat's form has been inconsistent, at best, one good performance swiftly followed by a poor one. His most recent outings have been poor, at Roland Garros he lost in the first round to today's opponent in 4 sets, one stat from that match which will give Gonzalez great confidence, is that he had 26 (!) break points. The Chilean took some time to come to terms with grass, but reached the quarter-finals last year, losing to Federer in 3 close sets, taking 13 games. He played Queens last week, losing in the quarters to Andy Roddick, so his well being is not in doubt. Fernando does have a propensity to double fault, if he can keep those to a minimum, he should beat Safin today. I hope Marat re-discovers his very best form (not today), tennis needs him, but he is nowhere it at present. I make him favourite, the 2.42 on offer on Betfair is great value, have some other views which will be online shortly. 4 points Gonzalez to beat Safin 2.42 betfair

EventJarkko Nieminen-Martin Lee
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
ReasoningJarkko Nieminen is in great form and showed yeastrday when won 3-0 over Marcus Daniel (6-2,6-4 and 7-5).He has a great results in last weeks and motnths.He is not player wich prefer to play on grass but stil he is a few class up then Martin LEE. Martin LEE won 3-0 over Dick Norman in first round and that was a great suprise. This time Nieminen will be a careful and i think that will easy win this match and i hope that will be able to cover this handicap od -5.5 games here

EventSebastian Grosjean-Jamie Delgado
Selectiongames handicap -7.5:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningGrosjean very easy won yesterday won over G.Simon with 3-0 and covered a huge handicap.I expect a same performance today from this player when play against amatour Jamie Delgado wich actually has not a great results in previously months that we can compare his form and performance. He won hardly 3-2 over Berrer in first round and i dont give him any chance today against Grosjean wich showed a great performance and i think that Grosjean will be able again to cover this hanicap of -7.5 games

Yeah this was in today's paper down here in Australia, Mr Intensity you suggested that this could have been fixed, inside info? Or an educated guess?
Just the massive amount of money staked on it and it being backed down from 1.40 to 1.1ish. Could also have been down to Berlocq never having played on grass before and having an ankle injury but the betting patterns were still strange;)

EventMardy Fish-Melle van Gamerden
Selectiongame handicap -7:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date29/06/2006
ReasoningI will try here a easy win for Fish wich played great in first round and won 3-0 very easy over Ginepri ( 6-3,6-2 and 6-4) wich is non-grass player same as Fish. But todays rival ov Fish will be another non-grass player Melle van Gamerden wich has any expirience on grass but in first orund won over amatour Goodall with 3-0 (6-4,7-5,and 7-5).This result shows that Gamerdan didnt had so easy match and i dont think that he is player wich can suprise against Fish

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Serving up a double ......... Not going to put these up as selections, but the odds on offer for Gimelstob (5.14) to defeat Ljubicic and Falla (3.47) to overcome Kohlschreiber, are too big. As outlined in a previous post, Lubo did serve well yesterday, however is record here is still only 3-6 and Gimelstob is capable on his day, whenever that may be. Falla did us a good turn yesterday, I like the fact that he won the two tie breaks and his stats match up closely with the German, Kohlschreiber had some good grass results to his name last year, but not at Wimbledon. He is entitled to be favourite, however, once again, the bookies have gone overboard. Would not put anyone off having a small interest on these two. My second bet for today is a double in the Ladies Singles, Golovin to beat Pratt and Safina over Washington. My reasons for opposing Pratt were outlined in yesterday's posting(s), these two met on a hard court earlier in the year and Golovin won in straight sets. The French/Russian girl reached the 4th round here in 2004, as a 16 year old , she also made the final in Birmingham that year, on grass, losing to Sharapova. Pratt has never progressed beyond round 2 in 14 attempts ! Safina is ten years junior to her opponent and is in a rich vein of form. In her last 3 tournaments, she reached the final in Rome, beating Clijsters, Dementieva and Kuznetsova. Followed this with a grand slam quarter final at Roland Garros, seeing off Sharapove en route. Last week she ventured onto grass at Hertogenbosch and reached the final losing to home girl Michaella Krajicek, in the "battle of the sisters". Both should be too strong for limited opponents. 4 points double Golovin 1.50- Safina 1.25 expekt

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) looong day at work catching up from vacation, so these are going to be short and sweet. 2 Girls I'd like to back: 10pts (Betfair) Molik over Srebotnik @ 1.96 Jackson over Hantuchova @ 1.93 Both of them have been fairly impressive of late and shouldn't have that many issues on winning today. 3 Guys I'd like to back 10pts (betfair) Pavel over Baggy @ 1.67 - if baggy wins this one after yesterday he deserves my money. Gonzo over Safin @ 2.46 - who has Safin beat that you'd consider noteworthy lately? Labadze over Gaudio @ 2.7 - Fade.. Guadio.. now 5 Players I feel are over priced. Either due to recent injuries or lack of real results lately. 5pts (betfair) Washington over Safina @ 4.5 - Can Washington make Safina choke? Mayer over Roddick @ 7.6 - How healthy is roddick, really? Benneteau over Murray @ 4.6 - I've seen the great first round, blow the second before.. Gimelstob over Ljubicic @ 4.4 - After his first round, Ivan is way too big, even though Justin sat on duece all the way through his 3 setter. Martin over Dimi @ 9.2 - fade dimi early, back him late...

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) add 10pts on GGL over Ferrer @ 1.93 - Missed this - Too large for the rematch from last year... back GGL on grass, Ferrer on clay. Ferrer has never liked grass anyways, so it just seems too good to be true.

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Well this hasn't started too well. Need to turn things around, don't fancy much today, like Safin over Gonzalez but not at the price, this is my only play.....

SportTennis
EventWimbledon
SelectionPAVEL v Baghdatis
Strength10/10
Date29/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningI've opposed Baggy a few times now on grass and I still maintain he's no good on it. He had a massive struggle with Mackin yesterday and had a couple of injuries during that match. Not sure about his condition today so take this at Coral who will payout so long as the match starts. Pavel came through his first round against a qualifier pretty well and his form looks to have improved a bit in the past couple of months. Also he beat Baghdatis on grass in Halle a couple of weeks ago.

I've opposed Baggy a few times now on grass and I still maintain he's no good on it. He had a massive struggle with Mackin yesterday and had a couple of injuries during that match. Not sure about his condition today so take this at Coral who will payout so long as the match starts. Pavel came through his first round against a qualifier pretty well and his form looks to have improved a bit in the past couple of months. Also he beat Baghdatis on grass in Halle a couple of weeks ago.
...and Pavel retires after 4 games:wall :wall :wall Hopefully tomorrow will be good:$ :$

Re: Wimbledon (M+F) Right guys - I'm new to this and don't even know if this is in the right place or not but know that after eventing is frowned upon: Wimbledon - 2006 - Mens- After his last year's results over all - I think he is a serious contender for this year. Outright Winner Rafael Nadal @ 11.00 bet placed on opening day of Wimbledon - (sporting odds). Wimbledon - 2006 - Ladies - Outright Winner Justine Henin-Hardenne @ 4.00 bet placed on opening day of Wimbledon - (sporting odds). If this is wrong can someone let me know - Mr I?