** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

SportingOdds Champions League - June

avongirl

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Well done Morls!!! (again!! You seem to be getting some decent results recently!!! Not bad for someone who likes A8 :P) WIll get the table up in a bit (but you'll have to wait for the moment I'm afraid ....)

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June

just can't get that fifth score on the board and it's starting to bug me :@ perhaps just as well only one round to go !
Easy solution. SIT OUT. With the likely entry level you shoud be guaranteed top 20 position. :ok And Morl - I agree. I've given up on this month's now, so they have lost out on my entry fees. I need at least 13 points to reach 20th and as I'd be dropping 8 that means 21, which I can only get by winning (highly unlikely). Similar last month - except from in the money - when I couldn't feasibly be caught so didn't bother playing the last couple. They need to count more scores I think - with 13 rounds, only 5 isn't enough (lmao @ Run tho!:lol ) Or make it a standard score for top 20 irrespective of entries.:unsure

ive had 4 final tables this month and still aint in the top 20......spodds needs to dramatically overhaul this comp if its to continue.....do well in the 1st couple of games and just stop playing
Towards the end of last month, before I joined PL I sent an e-mail to SO suggesting that once a player had scored in a month they should receive some sort of points penalty for missing a game thereafter. This way as the month progresses it would keep it more exciting. The players with points early in the month would have to continue to protect those. The players without points will continue to play as they have a good chance of claiming the big wins and joining those at the top of the leaderboard due to the consistent entrant numbers throughout the month. What d'ya think?

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Interesting Gregory, would make it a level playing field, but you then get the people who cant play all games and cant afford to play all games. i think that Avon and the suggestion of counting more games would be a good idea, or my own theory/suggestion....dont do the points structure, simply do a structure of where you finished.....at the min, if someone won the last 5 games they would have less points than someone who was 5th in the 1st 5 and thats bollox as we all know, kinda like a form guide on a horse race, the person with the best form would win....11111 has gotta be better than 55555

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Now if there was a large PL turnout for the last game and mole or weasel beat glceud then it could mean a PL win, what about it guys? And we can have a bounty on glceud ;) Support the Punter's Lounge players, get them a better score for their finish :hope

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Sorry for sounding like a spoilsport... IF we do do that then really it could be interpretted by sporting odds/boss media as collusion or team play.... I know it was a jokey comment, honest, but we have to be above reproach in these situations. :D

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Agree totally Mr V :ok I KNOW DanDan and Morl didn't mean anything by it, BUT it could be interpreted wrongly - we need not only to do the right thing, but also be SEEN to be doing the right thing......

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June Yeah i know what V and GaF are saying and yes,it could be taken in the wrong context, however, get rid of the bounty bit and just boost the numbers isnt doing anything wrong? the more players we enter, the better the points system and the more chance a player lying 2nd-10th has of winning instead of the no chance right now.

Sorry for sounding like a spoilsport... IF we do do that then really it could be interpretted by sporting odds/boss media as collusion or team play.... I know it was a jokey comment, honest, but we have to be above reproach in these situations. :D
I know you guys have the unfortunate job of moderating this forum but what is the point in me putting a cheeky wee wink smiley in if people are going to take every word I say literally.:( I would NEVER collude or team play, I am all for myself at all times, just thought Pl members rallying behind fellow player was a great idea. What about everyone gunning for superman last night on SO, couldn't that be interpretted as colluding and team playing?

Re: SportingOdds Champions League - June well done the top 5 overall was so desperate just to get a fifth score on the board that only hands I played tonight were AJ (good fold after flop), QQ (no callers), AA (no callers), 66 (good fold after the flop) and JJ called and beaten by AA (I think). In between I folded 10 10 and 55 twice pre-flop, oh and K 10 from the big blind which would have won the hand which put GaF out. Just wasn't enjoyable for me. One more place and I'd have made 5th - well played hen :clap was glad I had the betfred game at the same time so I could play all the hands I was folding on SO ! :ok