Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June)

Why have all my 3-0's decided to lose the 2nd set?:wall :wall :wall
No Joke.. That aside, tomorrow is shaping up to be the match ups I enjoy. Leans (I don't see market corrections, but even more spread between the lines, so I'll wait) Montcourt over Hewitt - Montcourt isn't much but he plays on clay, can move Blewitt around and can possibly take it. Can he sustain enough for 3 sets? Dunno. But Blewitt hasn't done a thing all year and carries a serious ankle injury from last week. Taking Blewitt? Do it at a bookie that doesn't cash in on a set. Montcourt? Take it on one who does. Norman over Monfils - Monfils shown in rd128 that he sucks, even in Roland Garros. Norman doesn't have that much to smile about, but he blitzed through his last round, is a quallie and has serious potential. Benn over Baggie - I fail to accept that Bag. is a force on clay. Considering that Benn. is a clay courter I think he has a chance as well. Another fav. with injury history over this clay season. Hernandez over Ivan - Ivan's last month of clay has been pretty sad. Hernandez put Simon away like he was Chela. Keep in mind that Simon has had a stellar clay season and was playing at home. Hernandez has a chance against a subpar Ivan. Suprised to see big Ivo as a dog against Hrbaty. Ivo's serve has been working very well across the clay and Hrbaty hasn't been working much at all. He did have a win against Ivan, otherwise he's underperformed this clay season. I see Haas and Waske closer to 50/50. I haven't researched any of these match ups for h2hs yet, so unless there is something suprising there, Waske could go over him. Laying the 3-0 has potential as well. Serra over PHM looks like potential as well. Though it would have to move quite a bit to get me to bite. Castano, Dulko, RHH, 'gro, oliver, czink are in there.

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) I haven't looked into any of the matches for tomorrow yet but....

Norman over Monfils - Monfils shown in rd128 that he sucks, even in Roland Garros. Norman doesn't have that much to smile about, but he blitzed through his last round, is a quallie and has serious potential.
Love it:ok
Benn over Baggie - I fail to accept that Bag. is a force on clay. Considering that Benn. is a clay courter I think he has a chance as well. Another fav. with injury history over this clay season.
Love it:ok
Suprised to see big Ivo as a dog against Hrbaty. Ivo's serve has been working very well across the clay and Hrbaty hasn't been working much at all. He did have a win against Ivan, otherwise he's underperformed this clay season.
Love it:ok Depending on the prices I may go for laying the 3-0's on those, but they do look very appealing dogs:loon

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) Well, looking ahead to this side of the third round, it's hard to see much value. Fed v Massu Berd v Kiefer Ancic v Montan Dlouhy v Robredo Nalby v dimi/henman Sluiter v some guy who will tear him apart Guadio v Ferrero (which will collapse?) Moya v Davy So yeah, most of my weight will be into tomorrows card ;)

Thought Henman was actually playing quite well though today..
I know. Can't believe how well Tursunov played - who tought him to play on clay?:unsure Of course tomorrow could be totally different, it just takes one or two of his shots to start missing. A long way back, but I think Tim can take the third and then we'll have to see what happens after that:hope

Henman does not know how to play tennis, he is awful just like murray.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Masters Series winner. Multiple time Grand Slam Semi finalist on 3 different surfaces. Over 300 weeks inside the top 10. All after recovering from a broken leg/ankle he was 21.
British have no good players, they are all natural born chumps with a bad attitude to the game.
What part of Britain are you from mate?:tongue2

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) wow! 1 Masters series title in his entire career. Is that supposed to be impressing? Never came close to winning a Grand Slam. I'm from manchester. I see you are from Newcastle, I went to uni there. loved it there, people were nice apart from the dilluded football fans.

Maths and Statistics. got 2:2 Missed my graduation last year cos i was ill. Might go up there this year though. What about u?
No way:eek :eek I did the BA Accounting & Finance and now I'm doing the Masters in Financial Mathematics:$ :$

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) i think it was acc101 or something, the guy who taught that module is a boring ****er tho. can't remember his name. tall skinny guy. financial mathematics was alright, they were the modules which i did good in, it was the pure maths shit i didn't like.

really??????????
Yes.
at newcastle??????
Yes.
only did one accounting module, foundations of accounting in 1st year which was so easy it was a joke. but i guess it gets harder from then on, right?
Piss off:lol :lol :lol. It was daft, I only did one Accounting module each year:\ :\. First year was Accouting, Economics, Law, Finance, I.T, Management - talk about vague:wall :wall. After that I did all my options in Maths and, well, Options (get it:loon :lol).
i think it was acc101 or something, the guy who taught that module is a boring ****er tho. can't remember his name. tall skinny guy.
Simon Pallett:ok.

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) thats the one, simon pallett he was so freakin boring. once he asked me the easiest question in class i was half asleep and he knew it so i got it wrong and the whole class laughed. he's a right idiot i hate him. which maths teachers do u have teach u? Do u know that Dr Duncan, he was totally clueless. Even more so than me.

Do u know that Dr Duncan, he was totally clueless. Even more so than me.
Aye he's a total ****:lol :lol I have Avery, Vdovina, Dritschel, Shukurov, the old Russian woman (can't remember her name:lol) and the god that is Robin Johnson:notworthy :notworthy

Re: Tennis : French Open (28th May - 11th June) shukerov, i hate him the most. he picked on me in nearly every lecturer. i would ignore him and look away and he would walk right up to me. the russian woman who can't speak? is she was one who taught MAS267 (financial maths). no point going to her lecturers cos can't understand her. she just lets u copy like 6 pages every lecture. she would teach nothing. is dritschel that donkey american like guy? he taught mas144 and mas145, both i failed in 1st year.

Vdovina seems to be of Russian origin as well, Mr I, judging by the name, btw, Mr I;)
Nah mate Vdovina is a Ukranian babe:tongue2 :tongue2
the russian woman who can't speak? is she was one who taught MAS267 (financial maths). no point going to her lecturers cos can't understand her. she just lets u copy like 6 pages every lecture. she would teach nothing.
Aye:lol :lol
is dritschel that donkey american like guy? he taught mas144 and mas145, both i failed in 1st year.
He's Canadian:eyes
do u remember than greek guy called Kostas? he taught a few modules and left just before i graduated. i think he must have got sacked cos he was so bad
Nope. BTW I'll get back to the Tennis soon guys, keep getting distracted:ok