1000 Guineas Thread

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread Not really looked at the race but at 1st glance, I like the look of La Chunga at 20/1. Small EW bet. It beat Rumplestiltskin last season, finished 1L behind Nannina giving 5lbs and went down to Flashy Wings by 1L albeit getting 2lbs. When you look at the price of those horses, it must have a squeak. A big plus is the booking of Darryl Holland. Negative could be its chance of staying the 1m. Never run beyond 6f and Robert Ogden's (owner) racing manager says it could stay based on breeding but didnt sound too convincing. Initial thoughts only.

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread

Kinane booked for Blini bid by Neil Morrice (April 30)

donna_blini210.jpg MICK KINANE has been booked to renew his successful association with Donna Blini in next Sunday's Stan James 1,000 Guineas. The 13-times Irish champion jockey teamed up with the Brian Meehan-trained filly on her final two starts of her four-race juvenile season, guiding her to Group 1 and Group 2 success in the Cheveley Park Stales and Cherry Hinton Stakes respectively. Meehan was keen for Kinane to take the reins in the Classic and on Sunday expressed his delight that that man will again be on board. He said: "Mick Kinane will ride my filly in the Guineas and I'm delighted as he knows her so well. She has come through in her coat, has worked well in her preparation and everything is good with her." Donna Blini, a 16-1 chance for the 1,000 Guineas with William Hill, got the better of Salut D'Amour when landing the Cherry Hinton by a neck on the July course and had the same margin to spare over Wake Up Maggie in the Cheveley Park over the last six furlongs of the Rowley Mile. Kinane's booking has increased speculation that Aidan O'Brien will have only one runner in the 1,000 Guineas and Stan James on Sunday reacted by easing Rumplestiltskin half a point out to 5-1, so that she shares favouritism with Flashy Wings. The latter's trainer Mick Channon reiterated his view that although the Classic looks open Flashy Wings has taken everything in her stride in a preparation which will be complete after she does some routine work on Tuesday, giving her a "major chance". He said: "She'll breeze Tuesday and canter away the rest of the week. I shall probably leave Silver Touch in the race but she's on course for the French 1,000 Guineas."

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread Watching La Chunga win at York last season I decided she was a sprinter because she quickened but didnt seem to lengthen in the manner Flashy Wings did winning at the same meeting. Would think O'Brien will have more than one runner in each Classic and can see Rumplestiltskin turning up though this still seems to be undecided.

Watching La Chunga win at York last season I decided she was a sprinter because she quickened but didnt seem to lengthen in the manner Flashy Wings did winning at the same meeting. Would think O'Brien will have more than one runner in each Classic and can see Rumplestiltskin turning up though this still seems to be undecided.
Cheers mate :ok Might just leave La Chunga alone now....I was concerned about the trip but your comments just make it even more doubtful. What do people make of Kinane's mount? Cheveley Park & Cherry Hinton winner - must have a chance on the form book. Will it stay the trip?

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread I think this race is far better than the 2000 (betting wise). The two that grab my attention are: Donna Blini at 16/1 Scottish Stage at 33/1 Donna Blini beat Flashy Wings last year and yet Flashy Wings is 5/1, Donna Blini is triple that price?!? Personally I did fancy Flashy Wings but not at that price. Scottish Stage also looks interesting from the Stoute yard. 33/1 with Sportingodds is a huge price. This filly won her maiden a shade cosily last year before running 2nd behind Race For The Stars at Newmarket. Jamie Spencer was on board that day and said she just hit the front too soon and ran a bit green. Now Race For The Stars is 10/1 and Scottish Stage is 33/1!?! Considering Race For The Stars beat it 1/4L the value is with Scottish Stage. Lightly raced and Stoute thinks plenty of her.

Scottish Stage not declared. Anyone know whats up with this filly. Why are they bypassing the Guineas? :eek
Think she is seen as more of an Oaks filly. However Stoutey though short in the miler department has tons of fillies for the Oaks. As well as support for Scottish Stage there has also in the last week been money for both of Stoutey's Aga Khan horses Sindirana and Riyalma. Very much the Classic to throw up a dark horse and often best to wait antepost until a couple of months before the race before taking an interest (even later this year).

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread I backed Flashy Wings straight after her win in the Queen Mary at York at 33/1. Also have her in a v good double with Brave Inca 8/1 the Champion Hurdle. Not going to desert her now she will give me by far my biggest ever win. Also have Rumple and Race For The Stars at 20s for a profit but have a soft spot for Flashy. Exciting weekend ahead. Good luck everyone and especially Mick Channon who somebody once called Henry Cecil without the roses (HRACWTR).

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread Well without looking at this properly I will add my two penneth.Been given the nod for Confidential Lady. No promises, I work in a bookies and a guy who certainly wins more than he loses has said he has been told this has a lot better chance than the odds quoted and has more than put his moey where his mouth is. Would be interested to hear some proper analysis from someone.

I backed Flashy Wings straight after her win in the Queen Mary at York at 33/1. Also have her in a v good double with Brave Inca 8/1 the Champion Hurdle. Not going to desert her now she will give me by far my biggest ever win. Also have Rumple and Race For The Stars at 20s for a profit but have a soft spot for Flashy. Exciting weekend ahead. Good luck everyone and especially Mick Channon who somebody once called Henry Cecil without the roses (HRACWTR).
Seems fishy to me. I thought George Washington at 20/1 was your best antepost you had stil live according to the 2000 Guineas thread. 20/1 versus a potential (almost) 300/1 double. Yeah, whatever :zzz

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread After DEVERON + OPERA CAPE'S efforts today surely the one horse which will NOT win is SILCA'S SISTER. Both well fancied , both finished stone cold last !!! Something is rotten in GODOLPHIN-LAND.

I backed Flashy Wings straight after her win in the Queen Mary at York at 33/1. Also have her in a v good double with Brave Inca 8/1 the Champion Hurdle. Not going to desert her now she will give me by far my biggest ever win. Also have Rumple and Race For The Stars at 20s for a profit but have a soft spot for Flashy. Exciting weekend ahead. Good luck everyone and especially Mick Channon who somebody once called Henry Cecil without the roses (HRACWTR).
no after eventing here yourbestmate:spank unless you posted this 8/1 on BI previously, we take this with a pinch of salt. i presume it was an ew double which you havent mentioned yet but will probably when FW comes in 3rd. ;)

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread Have had a good look through the horses and the video form and got it down to 4. Rumpelstiltskin, Race for the stars, Flashy Wings and Nannina. Can't see La Chunga or Donna Blini winning a group 1 over 1 mile. They are very fast horses but just seem to be holding on at the end of 6 furlongs whereas Flashy Wings always finishes well and looks like it would stay the extra 2 furlongs. It also has Jamie Spencer on board who ran creditably today in the 2000 Guineas. I always believe the top group 1 races are won by proven group 1 horses and Rumpelstiltskin fits that category. It's hard to find faults and O Brien has a good record in the top races, todays result emphasising that further. Nannina has won over course and distance in a group 1 race and is respected and likely to be involved at the finish and race for tthe stars looks like it will win some top races this year, maybe this one. All 4 will go on the ground and i'll wait to see them parade before placing my bets.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.30 Newmarket
SelectionNannina (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date07/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningWill surely grab at least a place. Tough as old boots, proven at 1m and in Group 1 company. Also has course form. Will be suited by any rain. Ticks all the boxes for me. Trainer in decent form also.

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread My Each Way will be on ALEXANDER ALLIANCE @ 12-1 with Betfred. She was 2nd to a colt of O'Briens on her debut called Art Museum who was taken out of the 2000 Guineas at the 5 day stage. But for a filly to get within a length to a quite good O'Brien colt on her first start is a brillant run. Alexander Alliance then won her last start in October, thrashing an O'Brien filly by 3 and half lengths called Kamarinskaka who was only taken out of the 1000 Guineas race on Friday but won an Irish 1000 Guineas Trail only a couple of weeks ago in Ireland. So the form looks pretty decent enough at a nice price. Hasn't raced over more than 6f, but has been trained specifically for this race :ok

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread All eyes will be on the unreliable Flashy Wings, who suffered a couple of unexpected defeats at the end of last season, finishing behind Donna Blini in the Cheveley Park Stakes over course and distance. Flashy Wings will have appreciated the break and was unlucky not to win that race after being stuck between a rock and a hard place. So, I expect the form to be reversed there. But WAKE UP MAGGIE, also finished ahead of Flashy Wings in the same race and is bred to stay the 1m distance and I expect a much better showing, maybe even a victory at massive odds of 25/1 with BlueSQ and Paddy Power. Obviously both Rumpelstiltskin and Race For The Stars are obvious dangers, with the former being more dangerous than the latter. It's almost impossible to think of any reason why Rumpelstiltskin won't run a good race, so she will be there are there abouts. Others to mention are Alexander Alliance who is very lightly raced, so nobody really knows what he is capable of Nannina who is more than capable of winning if her winning attitude bothers to show up. Tip: Wake Up Maggie Big Dangers: Flashy Wings & Rumplestiltskin Chances: Nannina, Race For The Stars and Alexander Alliance Steer Clear: Spinning Queen, La Chunga, Confidential Lady. Result Prediction: 1st) Wake Up Maggie 2nd) Rumpelstiltskin 3rd) Flashy Wings 4th) Nannina 5th) Race For The Stars

no after eventing here yourbestmate:spank unless you posted this 8/1 on BI previously, we take this with a pinch of salt. i presume it was an ew double which you havent mentioned yet but will probably when FW comes in 3rd. ;)
bowles10 ... I havent been a member than for more than a few weeks so to post bets I placed last June and July might be deemed slightly impossible ... unless you'd rather I didnt mention my potential 100k win on Flashy Wings. No offence meant and I can prove my bets though I do realise this is after-timed. :) My biggest profit horses are Flashy 33/1, Rumplestiltskin 20/1 and Race For The Stars 20/1 which again mwere placed well before I joined the forum so I probably shouldnt mention them. Also in my book have 5 others for a smaller profit. Good luck everyone ... this is going to be one exciting day.

bowles10 ... I havent been a member than for more than a few weeks so to post bets I placed last June and July might be deemed slightly impossible ... unless you'd rather I didnt mention my potential 100k win on Flashy Wings. No offence meant and I can prove my bets though I do realise this is after-timed. :) My biggest profit horses are Flashy 33/1, Rumplestiltskin 20/1 and Race For The Stars 20/1 which again mwere placed well before I joined the forum so I probably shouldnt mention them. Also in my book have 5 others for a smaller profit. Good luck everyone ... this is going to be one exciting day.
GL :ok If Flashy wins, I assume you'll take some of the PL members to the races for a day out and almighty piss up with the 100K! Put me down on the list first.

Re: 1000 Guineas Thread traf ... would you offer an apology if I proved it to one of the moderators on here? Might as well nip this in the bud. The rain is going to fk it all up as is normal for this sh*tty British fking weather. Good luck on the race everyone. I have been backing Confidential Lady and Nasheej with the going change ... I hate our fking weather. PS. It's just as well I didnt mention my 2 Derby horses in doubles with George Washington the Guineas for 6 figures each.

PS. It's just as well I didnt mention my 2 Derby horses in doubles with George Washington the Guineas for 6 figures each.
why didnt you mention this before GW ran. I am a mod here, but just cut & paste your bet slip for info or a cut & paste from the previous forum. Bets like this should be applauded not ridiculed IMO, but we will continue to doubt until you prove it.

he's bloody good though!! Now its a £100k win rather than just the prices mentioned! I assume he is laying the horse off for half that????????????otherwise he is a mug.
Hey I was on course for millions yesterday..... .....b'stard lottery numbers. :spank