** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wanna play a Live TV Tournament?

GaF

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Unlucky Rosco, up against a very good player. Thought you had it with your A9 vs A3, but 3 came on the turn. Fair share of luck for both of you. Hope you get another chance to make it.

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Well a good heads up lucky a few times then with 2/3 of the chips he re-raised all in with a 3. I had A 9, Flop was nice then a 3 on the river, virtually put me out Gutted GL Eltrev for the Final and any other pl'ers

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament?

Unlucky Rosco, up against a very good player. Thought you had it with your A9 vs A3, but 3 came on the turn. Fair share of luck for both of you. Hope you get another chance to make it.
Thanks Eltrev good luck for Sunday.

Well a good heads up lucky a few times then with 2/3 of the chips he re-raised all in with a 3. I had A 9, Flop was nice then a 3 on the river, virtually put me out Gutted GL Eltrev for the Final and any other pl'ers
Please note: This guy called an all in with two over cards, on the flop!!! SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR!! :rollin :nana (these smilies are great) (On a serious note it was a cracking heads up match to watch)

Unlucky Rosco, up against a very good player. Thought you had it with your A9 vs A3, but 3 came on the turn. Fair share of luck for both of you. Hope you get another chance to make it.
Why thank you sir :) :nana :nana was a good heads up game with the outdraws fairly even IMO. see you in the final. p.s raiser you are right about these :notworthy :notworthy they kick gambling.co.uk's

Please note: This guy called an all in with two over cards, on the flop!!! SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR!! :rollin :nana (these smilies are great) (On a serious note it was a cracking heads up match to watch)
IT was a call, particualarly on as the only card I could catch after the turn of the cards was a king. In My defence and the reason I called was the pot odds, with just shy of half my stack in I thought it was worth it. Was very good Heads up, enjoyed the game wp Dino. Gonna give this another go tonight i think

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Well I gave it a good go but I think I bottled an all in call at a crucial time. 1-What do you think 2- Did I Runadrum?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #288990468 at table: JonnyTexas Rebuy Sat Started: Fri May 05 20:22:30 2006 Alias23pl is at seat 1 with 2905.00 runadrum2 is at seat 4 with 5795.00 Alias23pl posts the large blind 200.00 runadrum2 posts the small blind 100.00 Alias23pl: Kh, Ah runadrum2: --, -- Pre-flop: runadrum2: Raise 400.00 Alias23pl: Raise 800.00 runadrum2: Call 800.00 Flop (Board: 9c, 7c, 5d): Alias23pl: Check runadrum2: Bet 800.00 Alias23pl: Call 800.00 Turn (Board: 9c, 7c, 5d, 2s): Alias23pl: Check runadrum2: Bet 2000.00 Alias23pl: Fold
Just my fookin luck to be up against another PLer.:eyes Great heads up - some bitch flops and some great play by Runadrum was my downfall. well played mate and you'd better win now ya bugger.:ok

Well I gave it a good go but I think I bottled an all in call at a crucial time. 1-What do you think 2- Did I Runadrum? Just my fookin luck to be up against another PLer.:eyes Great heads up - some bitch flops and some great play by Runadrum was my downfall. well played mate and you'd better win now ya bugger.:ok
Cheers mate cards definitely on my side up to the heads up but thought they'd deserted me when a couple of rivers went against me. the hand above ? had A4clubs so flush and straight draw. could you hear me yelling fold at the screen ? well played and I shall do my best (first attempt to qualify and thankfully didn't have to decide about rebuys as didn't intend to). :ok

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? I thought I had you beat in that hand but the bet on the turn made me wary, and my dumbass play in Betfair Grand Prix was still very fresh in the memory...:sad Thanks for telling me.:ok Funny how peoples mind works. I was thinking how my 44 lost to your K8 suited, but my A 4/5/6(? whichever) couldn't crack your 22. :eyes :lol Tell you what - I thought Gaf was aggressive til I played you! :clap :clap Best man came 2nd, but good luck anyway. :lol;)

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Runadrum, congrats on qualifying :clap Shame it was against another member (unlucky Mr V). For the record, today I have given up a massive free day on Sunday in the way of corporate hospitality for the Aberdeen v Celtc game and invite to the AFC end of season party, all paid for by one of my sub-contractors, for fear of playing this full of VRB. I know, crazy :wall . Maybe I'd be better playing loose with a care free attitude.

Thanks Trev, looking forward to Sunday. Matt - how many days off work will need to be taken by the winner on Sunday for the live stages ? one for a heat and one for the final ? :ok
Hey runadrum. Congratulations on qualifying. Looks like it's going to be a gambling vs punters lounge fest tomorrow :D Looking foward to it, I'll be observing from the rails and attempting to remain impartial :) We've been told the filming for our 3 players is going to be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. They'd like all 3 of us together on the first day so they can interview us to camera, about our chances, and a few other interview-type questions. So, I'd recommend whoever qualifies takes Tuesday off work (if the online qualifier plays the first heat, that involves the least amount of time needed to be taken off), and perhaps Wednesday too if they fancy an after show drink! We'll pay for travel and accomodation if whoever wins wants to stay in Birmingham for the night, or even all 3 nights. Then, if you win your heat, you'll be invited back to the final. The final is taking place sometime in June (date to be confirmed). If you finish 2nd in your heat, you'll be invited back the week after your heat to play the semi-final (date tbc). Again, if you win this, you'll be back in June. I'll find out the exact dates later today, and post up when I have the info.

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? What a waste 15 in, prize money down to 5th, and first out after 2 hands :wall AJ, J on flop, ran into KK and he gave me plenty of clues. Couldn't have taken time off work this week for the live tournament but $1000 for 2nd should have kept me interested ! Not proud :sad especially as I've let loose someone to bully with all my chips :$

Says the man who is so rich he was going to buy in directly?? whats wrong cant you cash your giros on a sunday???
You again... !!!???? Enjoy hanging around here??? :unsure Try a more positive angle then.... we don't need unfriendly sarcasm!!