** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wanna play a Live TV Tournament?

GaF

Just had the email below from poker.co.uk - they guarantee a seat to the online final ($500 + $25) for every satellite - they may be very low entry - so worth keeping an eye on for value. 1 rebuy event and 1 freezeout event every night.

Just a quick heads-up on an new tourney that we are running as of 29th of April! Satellite Tourneys for the Televised Poker Invitational Tournament filmed by Jonny Texas Productions in Birmingham between 8th - 17th May 2006 Here's the info:
$5000Prize Package
$500 + 25 Online Final
$35 + 4Daily Freeze-out to Online Final
$15 + 2Daily Rebuy to Online Final
Satellites Running Every Day! Rebuy MTTs: One per night - from 29th of April until Sunday 7th May Inclusive Rebuy Satellite for the JonnyTexas Online Final on Sunday 7th May. Qualify for the inaugural JonnyTexas's TV tournament on Sky channel 187! Package includes €3,000 buy-in to the event + expenses. See http://www.poker.co.uk/texas-tv.html for more information. 1 seat guaranteed. Extra seat for every extra $525 in the pot. Good luck!! Every day at 18.15pm GMT until Saturday 6th May inclusive, and Sunday 7th May 13.15pm GMT. Starting chips: 1500, 12 minute blinds, rebuy for 60 mins. Guarantee: 1 seat gtd. Freezeout MTTs: One per night - from 29th of April until Sunday 7th May Inclusive Freezeout Satellite for the JonnyTexas Online Final on Sunday 7th May. Qualify for the inaugural JonnyTexas's TV tournament on Sky channel 187! Package includes €3,000 buy-in to the event + expenses. For more information see http://www.poker.co.uk/texas-tv.html. 1 seat guaranteed. Extra seat for every extra $525 in the pot. Good luck!! Every day at 20.15pm GMT until Saturday 6th May inclusive, and Sunday 7th May 15.15pm GMT. Starting chips: 2000, 12 minute blinds. Guarantee: 1 seat gtd. Online Final for JonnyTexas TV Tourney: Online Final for the JonnyTexas Televised Tournament. Qualify for the inaugural JonnyTexas's TV tournament with €100,000 Prize pool. Package includes €3,000 buy-in to the event + expenses. For more information see http://www.poker.co.uk/texas-tv.html. 1 seat guaranteed. An extra seat for every $5000 in the pot. Good luck!! Sunday 7th May 20.15pm GMT Starting chips: 2500, 12 minute blinds. Guarantee: 1 seat gtd. The Main Event The format for the main event will be of 7 heats each consisting of 8 players. The winner of each heat will proceed to the final & each heat runner-up going into a play off final to clinch the last remaining final seat. The starting stack for each round will be 10,000T/C and each level will be based on a 45 minute clock enabling for a good level of play and hopefully omitting any form of crap shoot. The entry fee for this Invitational Event is 3,000 EUROS or approx £2150 at current exchange rate. Due to the limited amount of seats available these are the only satellites avaiable for this tourney!!! PRIZE FUND The remaining 8 finalists will be paid as follows: 1ST 50,000 EUROS 2ND 32,000 EUROS 3RD 23,000 EUROS 4TH 18,000 EUROS 5TH 14,000 EUROS 6TH 11,000 EUROS 7TH 8,500 EUROS 8TH 6,500 EUROS

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Just 4 people playing in the rebuy!!!!! (and one $500 + $25 online final seat gtd) - Phenomenal value in it!!!! The freezeout starts in 20 mins.....wonder ho wmany that will get!!! ZERO REGISTRATIONS AT THE MOMENT!!! Edit: Got my timings wrong - starts at 20:15 GMT/21:15 BST - so just over an hour - still zero registrations so far though......

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament?

Johnny Texas.....thats the site where the fat guy won his wsop seat and was to big to fly there...i may be in
THis is through poker.co.uk - I think jonny texas must be organising/sponsoring the live event :unsure. Just 2 of the 4 starters left in the rebuy - and there have been no rebuys so far (rebuy period ends in 5 mins) - so the $60 prize pool is buying a $525 seat for someone :loon

Thanks everyone. Pauljones, alexross was very generous with his comments. We had a long heads-up in which he played very well himself. I'm sure he will qualify himself if he tries again. :ok
VWP mate :clap and the comment by AR............"....got beaten by a good player from PuntersLounge [dare I say it]" :clap :nana WORLD domination is in our hands Punters Lounge!! :rollin :rollin

Nearly made it through from the freezeout - Heads Up - I'm strong chip leader - dealt A 10 - my opponent goes all-in - I call. He has AQ - a couple of hand later I've gone. Incidentally 4 hands in a row heads up where we both held an A - weird.

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Congratulations to those who've qualified through this so far, and I hope you've enjoyed the huge overlay we've laid on for this :) We've had 3 gambling.co.uk forum members qualify for the online final, so it looks so far like it's either going to be one of punterslounge.com or our forum who gets the big prize :) Myself and Dan "Lucky Scrote" Carter will be playing in the TV event in Birmingham too. There is now just 1 seat available (after our 3 have been taken into account) so these really are as rare as hen's teeth! Good luck to those who are still trying to qualify! :nana

so these really are as rare as hen's teeth!
I hope you are not talking about my teeth ;). I tried yesterday in rebuy one. There were only 3 of us :loon. Me, trust_me and some other dude. TM lost with one rebuy. Other guy beat me in two consecutive hands. A9 v AQ and QJs v A9. Have to say, it lasted about 1.5hr, so it was very tiring and hell of a lot concentration. Of course it is a great value and I will be watching numbers closely for the next few days. Might have a bash again. Well done EL and Norfolk :clap.

I hope you are not talking about my teeth ;). I tried yesterday in rebuy one. There were only 3 of us :loon. Me, trust_me and some other dude. TM lost with one rebuy. Other guy beat me in two consecutive hands. A9 v AQ and QJs v A9. Have to say, it lasted about 1.5hr, so it was very tiring and hell of a lot concentration. Of course it is a great value and I will be watching numbers closely for the next few days. Might have a bash again. Well done EL and Norfolk :clap.
Hey Heniek31. Thanks for the info about the game length. We were offered this tourney very last minute, so haven't had any time to publicise the event - hence the low turnout. In order to fix the problem of just 3 players competing in a game lasting 1.5 hours, we're thinking of imposing a minimum number of players, say 6 or 8 per game. This doesn't effect the guaranteed seat in the online final, though it may mean that some of the satellites are cancelled if less than 6 people turn up. What do people think?

In order to fix the problem of just 3 players competing in a game lasting 1.5 hours, we're thinking of imposing a minimum number of players, say 6 or 8 per game. This doesn't effect the guaranteed seat in the online final, though it may mean that some of the satellites are cancelled if less than 6 people turn up. What do people think?
Great idea, but having already qualified I was always going to say that. How about a minimum entry of say 60 or 80 instead.;)

Re: Wanna play a Live TV Tournament? Finished 2nd. Heads up, 1k more than kermit next to me, I call his reraise with 89s, I flop top pair and decide to put him all in, he calls with 2 overcards (a truly awful call by anyone that does it) and gets a J on the river - fcukin going on a run of these muppets getting the better of me despite playing the right cards and laying down good hands - don't mind me, I'm off to headbutt my gerbil.