** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered)

Valiant23

Forget about percentages, pot odds, position, and all of the theory and work and studying that you put in to your poker. Put the books down and get it off your chest in here. I don't want tales of misery along the lines of "How could he raise pre-flop with Q6o when I have KK and he hit 2 pair" - we have the bad beat thread for that. You see just played a few games today and these occurrences really stuck in my mind about what I 'love' :eyes about poker. Good or Bad - I get QQ UTG and make a min. raise (hoping for action). A tab;e that has been looser than Pene's tongue then clams up and I get the Blinds.:sad Next hand AQo (BB) ALL the table folds - again!!! :wall :wall :wall This happens a lot too - Just lost two-thirds of my stack on an STT and the next hand I get dealt KK, and again I got no action, just the blinds. What I want to know is what drives you crazeeeeeee? :wall :wall :wall What makes your day? :D :D :D What are the things that happen on the tables that are hilarious - Like when the table bully or bluffer plays a real hand and gets dumped on his ass (sorry Jaded :lol)?

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) oh I dunno, erm..... erm.... oh hang on I got one! people who try to be 'clever' UTG with a premium PP, who then min raise to get some action, hoping that no one realises what they are doing???? ;) Damo :cheers ps should have shoved matey, you would have got called that way pps very true about Pene tho...... :tongue2 ppps changed my mind - limp next time and let a 'bully' raise you out of the pot :)

Good or Bad - I get QQ UTG and make a min. raise (hoping for action). A tab;e that has been looser than Pene's tongue then clams up and I get the Blinds.:sad ]

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Nothing makes me crazy as I know that unless I have the nuts there is a statistical probability I may still get beat, I'm quite phillosophical about Poker which helps quite a bit. What I do like is when someone makes an obvious blind steal (there are a few about on PR :lol ) and you re-raise back over the top of them. Very satisfying.

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) I just luuuuuuuuuurve it when I make blind steals and everyone folds like a little girl ......... then I get AA and make it look like a blind steal again and someone decides to make their stand and says "Noooooo - not my blind - not this time" and re-raises back over the top all in, and my AA beats their 72o!!! Muppets!!! :P

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered)

Nothing makes me crazy as I know that unless I have the nuts there is a statistical probability I may still get beat, I'm quite phillosophical about Poker which helps quite a bit. What I do like is when someone makes an obvious blind steal (there are a few about on PR :lol ) and you re-raise back over the top of them. Very satisfying.
And they call and hit a miracle flop... :cry :cry :cry :cry

And they call and hit a miracle flop...
Yeah, but thems the breaks and thats what helps make poker the utterley evil game it is. I do think you need a proper evil streak to be sucessful.

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) My fave is when your short stacked and think what the hell, all in...get up to walk away then win it on the river. I hate my blinds being stolen (ya hear me GaF) But the worst for me is when I have a short stack with a big pair, go all in to be called by the big stack with rubbish who tells you it was "pot odds" to call then pulls out a straight or a 4 card table flush :@

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) LOL thats the whole point - steal blinds when you can and look up shortie with any old bollocks HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Damo what a sick and twisted game this is....... :eek

My fave is when your short stacked and think what the hell, all in...get up to walk away then win it on the river. I hate my blinds being stolen (ya hear me GaF) But the worst for me is when I have a short stack with a big pair, go all in to be called by the big stack with rubbish who tells you it was "pot odds" to call then pulls out a straight or a 4 card table flush :@

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) I enjoyed runadrum slow playing his fullhouse, river card gave me a straight flush:lol (sorry runa) Also LOVE winning with 72os (even better with other pl players there to make the moment better):clap Think hates r more obvious, bad rivers, aa losing to ??, losing to a higher kicker.:@ Knowing u shouldn't call, but for some reason u do it anyway:cry

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Did you call me ???? Best moments are when you call with marginal hands ... and then hit either flush or house on the flop and let the other muppets raise the hell out of each other .. just to clean the table out :ok Ugliest time are getting hit on the bubble ... i still cry from last night :cry

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) best for me is when you get get to see the flop for free as BB holding some trash hand like 63o, and the flop comes 663 (or similar). You then proceed to mop up with it only to be insulted about why you were in the hand in the first place!!! ermm... you checked it round to me dumbass! :spank worst is having a really good hand AA, KK etc raising large and getting too many callers. The flop then comes something like 89Ts or QQJ and you just know there is a straight or trips out there and you have to lay it down :(

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) an example of what drives me nuts is what happened in the freeroll last night, numbered pocket pairs - i.e no pictures last night i got dealt 7 or 8 pocket pairs i played 2,2 to 7's as a call and rose with 8's , 9's or 10's Raises were about 5 times BB - so sufficent to put people off calling with crap each time i simply called - I got no help from the flop and had to fold each time i raised - i WAS CALLED and the flops usually produced a flopped pair or 2 or more higher cards Only once did I win a hand with pockets and that was on BB with JJ and SB called.. The flop was A,K,Q and i put in a minimum raise and SB folded luckily enough..... the fact that i got so many pocket pairs without any help and most being unplayable after the flop drives me nuts!! to make matters worse - PListon put me out of the game after his A,J suited pulled a rivered flush after calling my A,A all-in :wall:wall best hand all night?? 8,6o while on BB floping 2 pair but dangerously close to a straight with a 7 there on the flop too..... :\:\

best for me is when you get get to see the flop for free as BB holding some trash hand like 63o' date=' and the flop comes 663 (or similar). You then proceed to mop up with it only to be insulted about why you were in the hand in the first place!!! ermm... you checked it round to me dumbass! :spank[/quote'] OMG!! I have honestly had that happen twice today (63o), and flopped the straight in 5 cards! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Split pots when before the river you have your opponent completely dominated.... and one that happens to me a lot is losing to a full house when you had the nuts flush after the flop. :wall Love playing STTs and getting into the payout without playing a single hand due to a rush of all-ins during the opening few hands.

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) The Bad was playing in a bodog freeroll when i flopped the nut straight on the flop . 1 player who had two pair and another who hit trips was raised by me to an all-in position . Nevertheless , both of them hit Full houses on the turn and river respectively :wall :wall The Good was playing in dream poker progressive table today Was following the muppet for a long time . Muppet's nick (Asowell TAKE NOTE fellow plers :clap :clap :clap :clap ) Was in mid position when someone b4 me raised . I held pocket aces and i flat called .Muppet of course duly followed (Held J 8). Scared the hell out of the raiser on the flop after the muppet acts first which i duly raised and the muppet called . turn comes along and the muppet Bets again which i obviously raised . River comes and the board had a flush draw on it . He bets big obviously wanting me to fold . Knowing that he's a muppet , i called . Nice pot won though especially against a muppet :lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Another thing that gives me the hump is players going all in, you call then beat them. Then abuse you for daring to beat them. Like this afternoon playing in an $5 STT.I had about 7k and he had about 2k I re-raised to push the guy off the pot, he went all in which left me to call 10 chips. He had 66 against my JQ....I flopped a Q on the river to take the pot and knock him out. Muppet must be the word to use on the tables coz I got called it several times after. Point is he didn't have to call but he did and lost. Sometimes I feel that a lot of players, in particular the Yanks, expect everybody to fold as soon as they go all in. I saw another example of this this afternoon in a Stan James freeroll (yes mr v I found it). The ause that was aimed at the winner was bad.

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Good: Playing in PL games watching a screen full of speech bubbles pop up 'gg' every time someone goes out. :clap Replying 'no prob, gg, gl everyone' then coming on here to have a moan about how you were taken out. :wall :rollin :rollin Playing a 5 seater STT, 4 left, short-stacked, waiting, folding, waiting, folding. 2 go all-in, chip leader calls and wins, claw my way back to win heads-up. Sweetest $10.50 I will ever win! :D :D Bad: Squandering my chips when I'm ahead by playing too many hands because it's cheap. :(

A table that has been looser than Pene's tongue then clams up and I get the Blinds
What is it with me and my tongue??? :unsure And Damo agrees..... :unsure :unsure I better start shutting up... I am too hurt to say anything about good or bad moments in poker... ...all I know is that I like you guys... but you keep mocking me :cry :cry

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) Best and Worst together Best cos it makes me laugh everytime, Worst cos I still end up being part of it and losing out.......... Sit outs, all-in on the BB always winning:@ :@ :wall :wall :wall

Was planning on giving tonight a miss after my recent bad run' date=' but seeing my new nemesis Sharpey in, I can't resist the temptation to try and bad beat him to make up for yesterday :rollin[/quote'] The thought of Jade being on the receiving end of a bad beat. :sad :sad :sad Come 'ere 36_2_80.gif

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) I hate graceless winners. Graceless losers I can understand, heat of the moment and all that. But someone typing 'he he he' in the chatbox after busting someones AA with their shitey hand really pisses me off.

The thought of Jade being on the receiving end of a bad beat. :sad :sad :sad Come 'ere 36_2_80.gif
awwwww, REALLY needed that... have had a very bad incident at work today, which took my good mood away instantly :cry :cry :cry

Re: The Good and The Bad (We've Already Got Ugly Covered) nh..gg..ul..wtf..vnh..ty..nc..vvnh..wp..vvvnh What on earth happened to ENGLISH eh? Or is it just that anybody under 30 just can't be arsed to post up proper comments instead of this garbage?