** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jons Selections 2006.

Going to start posting my sportspunter selections up on here, didn't manage to do that last month. Am under the name woodie Let's hope for a profitable month.

SportHorse Racing
EventLingfield 3.35
SelectionQadar
Strength5/10
Date01/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 5.80 (Back)
ReasoningTipped Qadar up last time out when he won very impressively at Linfield over 5f carrying extra weight beating fromson & one more round who both run today aswell over this extra furlong of 6f in total. If he can handle the extra 1f theres no reason why he can't beat these again today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Been away for a bit. Last selection 3rd beating my half a neck.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.40 ponterfract
SelectionJuniper Girl
Strength10/10
Date24/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.60 (Back)
ReasoningA decent 2nd last time out at Beverley over the same distance as today 1m4f who had h turner on board but today a change of jockeys with l morris could go one better, expecially with the ground at good/firm which will suit juniper girl. Should go well considering it's quite a weak field.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Thanks guys :ok

Sport Horse Racing
Event 4.20 wolverhampton
Selection Elms Schoolboy
Strength 5/10
Date 25/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 8.40 (Back)
Reasoning Elms Schoolboy's last start at wolverhampton saw him win by 1/2 a length with a strong late run from of the pace which if timed to perfection could pay of again today over the same course and distance. There not the best of horses in this race as the form shows but I see the most danger coming from Mount royale who also has a good record at this track. But I reckon Elms Schoolboy could get another win on his record today.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Result - 5th started running on to late :eyes

SportHorse Racing
Event3.30 epsom
SelectionLord Mayor (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date26/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 17.00 (Back)
ReasoningHas only had 2 wins from 15 starts with one coming on the aw and the other here at epsom, since then he's been running in mostly grade 1 listed races, today is a drop back to class 2 which could see him run well at a nice price and with holland on board I think it's a great each way bet today.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Result - nowhere :wall

SportHorse Racing
Event3.50 Punchestown
SelectionDavenport Democrat
Strength3/10
Date27/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningFirst two in the market are to short for me so looking round for something to take them on and some value and Davenport Democrat sticks out for me. Walsh on board who is finding a fair few winners this week here. Davenport Democrat finished 4th to Justified just 2 weeks ago over 2m4f, but today it's over 2miles where he has won it's last 3 races over 2miles in Ireland so I think this is defently worth a punt to upset the favorites.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. No probs I did wonder for a sec! I was right about taking the first two on in the market though! When I looked this morning Accordion Etoile was around 3/1 3rd fav so must of been well backed since this afternoon when returned 2nd fav.:eek

Re: Jons Selections 2006.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 3.15 punchestown
Selection Brave Inca
Strength 10/10
Date 28/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price Sportingodds @ SP (Back)
Reasoning Short priced but it's hard not to back Brave Inca today, winner of the champion hurdle this year, has beaten all these runners a few times who run in the race race today. I just don't think Macs Joy or Hardy Eustace can turn the form around today. Asian Maze won very easy yesterday but not to sure if it will run again today, if it does it could go close but Brave Inca is the selection for me.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Result - 2nd :$

SportHorse Racing
Event6.45 haydock
SelectionBoundless Prospect (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date29/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningBack to 1mile2furlongs today which shouln't be a problem after having two wins last year over this distance, will like the good ground, has had 2 runs this season on the turf and showing decent enough form. The draw could be a concern so is given an each way chance.

SportHorse Racing
Eventmarket rasen 4.45
SelectionGood Outlook
Strength10/10
Date29/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningHave backed Good Outlook before and was impressived when winning at catterick. pulled up last time out but ignore that, trainer is having winners left right and centre at the moment. Carrying a little extra weight today from it's last win but I think it's a good bet today.

Thanks mate' date=' have also backed speed dial harry a few times and but decided to go for boundless prospect today. Lets hope they both get in the frame :)[/quote'] Not a bad result, mate :D Speed Dial Harry, 3rd 17/2;) Boundless Prospect, 4th 12/1;) By the way, unlucky with Good Outlook, although the winner absolutely p&ssed it. It absolutely trotted up.

SportHorse Racing
Event5.35 brighton
SelectionDance To The Blues
Strength5/10
Date30/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningA good record with Kirby on board with 2 wins and a second, has won over this course and distance in a class 6 handicap, today is class 5 which should be fine seeing Dance To The Blues has run in class 5 company the last 4 runs which has seen him finish 2nd 3x times plus a decent win last october. Should go well at a nice price will like the ground aswell.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Result - 3rd.

SportHorse Racing
Event4.40 windsor
SelectionJudd Street
Strength5/10
Date01/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningJudd Street is a very consitant horse only been out the first 3 once on his debut finishing 4th, aprt from that has been in the placing 9 times from 10 runs. Has only won on the aw but today could see him get its first win on the turf, with trainer Nicholls a good record in these handicaps, defently worth a punt at that price.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Thanks guys :ok

SportHorse Racing
Event3.50 Wolverhampton
SelectionWelsh Whisper (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date02/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 17.00 (Back)
ReasoningWelsh Whisper won here just last week over the same course & distance as today and is defently worth following again today at a nice price. As the two market leaders look worth taking on in my opinion. A very difficult race but Welsh Wisper looks gret value considering he won just 7 days ago here in the same class race.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 5.00 Linfield
Selection Cool Sting
Strength 5/10
Date 03/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 9.00 (Back)
Reasoning Forget Cool Sting's last race where where he was placed 8th, back on the all weather today where on his last 3 starts has finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Dettori is booked for the ride today so that gives an even better chance to follow up from it's last win just a month ago over c&d.