** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jons Selections 2006.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Stage gift & Sir Percy making profit for us yesterday :clap Bets 38 Wins 12 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +135.50pts P/L using advised staking plan = +102.50pts Had a cracking two days at epsom some nice winners and lots of drinking :cheers A shame to hear about Horatio Nelson though.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Jons Selections 2006.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.45 chantilly
Selectiontax free
Strength10/10
Date04/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.70 (Back)
ReasoningOne of my horses to follow this season, ran a blinder @ newmarket last month in a big field finishing 3rd, jockey on board is a nicholls a jockey who I do like to follow, should be the one to beat but looks a skinny price but should take all the beating.

Result - 3rd :$ Sport Horse Racing
Event7.30 windsor
SelectionBorder Music
Strength5/10
Date05/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.80 (Back)
ReasoningAlthough Border musics best form has come on the a/w is defently worth a punt tonight at reasonable odds. Last two runs on the turf have been over 7f when being in a decent position inside the final furlong but both times fading late on. Tonight he's back over 6furlongs which should suit better, ground no problem and jockey claiming 3lb which should be to the advantage.
Bets 39 Wins 12 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +125.50pts P/L using advised staking plan = +92.50pts

SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Ripon
SelectionZidane
Strength10/10
Date06/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.20 (Back)
ReasoningChap jockey gave Zidane one of the rides of the season last time out when badely drawn and gave 5lengths away at the start just to get on the rail, found lots of trouble in running and managed to get up on the line. Today he's been drawn in stall 1 on the rail which looks to be a great draw. Up in class today but he should still be good enough for this lot, Not the best odds but will take all the beating.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. That beast is napped by the RP. . .

Dazzling Bay could easily defy his climb back up the handicap and confirm form with Prince Tum Tum with the ground likely to liven up if anything but, with Pieter Brueghel fizzing off from stall 3, ZIDANE (nap) should have plenty of pace to tow him along and he's likely to have more to offer after his encouraging victory in difficult circumstances at Thirsk.[PJ]
GL mate.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.20 goodwood
SelectionBorder Music
Strength5/10
Date10/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>BetFred @ 8.00 (Back)
ReasoningHaving tipped up Border Music last week I think it's worth siding with him again today, last week showed signs of coming back to his old form with a decent 2nd @ windsor finishing on strongly again. Just think it's worth following again to see if he can start winning again. Trip & ground will be no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

SportHorse Racing
Event3.10 ascot
Selectiontax free (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date20/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceUKBetting @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningOne of my horses to follow which at this price looks very genous for each way value. nicholls takes the ride again who is very familar with tax free riding him all 7 times so far, ground will suit perfect, i'm not to sure about the draw bias but he's been drawn in 19 which is right down the middle which shouldnt be a problem.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.50 Ascot
SelectionDavid Junior
Strength10/10
Date21/06/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningWhat a race we have here in my opinion it's down to david junior, electrocutionist & ouija board, and I'm siding with david junior. very impressive when dotted up @ dubai but so was electroctionist when coming from a near impossible draw to win. But theres just a ? over the form of goldohin @ the mo so am siding with david junior.
will update pl later

Re: Jons Selections 2006. unplaced :( need to get a winner soon profit slowly disapearing

SportHorse Racing
Event3.50 Ascot
SelectionFlashy Wings
Strength5/10
Date23/06/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningLooks a great price for Flashy wings usually a very short price fav, last race in the 1000 guineas the ground was against her very heavy ground when she will prefer todays ground without a doubt, race before that she got held up and was left with to much to do from only 2f out, and the race before that she came 2nd given 17lb away to the rest of the field! Way over priced here when the ground will suit, draw shouldn't be a problem champ jockey on board no excuses today.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Bets 46 Wins 12 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +55.50pts P/L using advised staking plan = +44.50pts

Sport Horse Racing
Event 2.10 newcastle
Selection Masta Plasta
Strength 5/10
Date 01/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price VC Bet @ 7.00 (Back)
Reasoning Youngest horse in the race and first run of season, fav to short considering he has more 2nds than 1st. Just think Masta Plasta is worth siding with here at a decent price.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 3.15 Sandown
Selection David Junior
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ SP (Back)
Reasoning Imo this is one of the best colts around still, disapointing run last time out but this race will br run to suit. Saw that owners bought Royal Alchemist this week for a lot of cash just to run him in this race so that David Junior has the pacemaker needed for him which could be the tip itself. Course&distance winner aswell so will handle the course no problems, Ouija Board obviously is the main danger having beating David just 2 weeks ago but I reckon the form will be turned around today.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. one winner today @ 9/4 brings some profit in :cow Have been given a tip tonight.

SportHorse Racing
Event9.15
SelectionDeeper in Debt
Strength5/10
Date08/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.65 (Back)
ReasoningMy boss part owns this horse, told me to back it when it won on monday @ windsor under top weight, asked him if it's worth backing again today and he's said it's worth a small win bet. Not a strong selection just passing the info on, has 6lb penalty but jockey takes 5lbs of so could well get a quick double here.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Can't believe the sp on that one even money, when I looked this morning it was around 7/4 :( One for tonight - Welcome Approach 2.20 Ripon 10pts win @ 4/1 taken :ok Bets 51 Wins 14 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +58pts P/L using advised staking plan = +57pt

Have been given a tip tonight.
SportHorse Racing
Event9.15
SelectionDeeper in Debt
Strength5/10
Date08/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.65 (Back)
ReasoningMy boss part owns this horse, told me to back it when it won on monday @ windsor under top weight, asked him if it's worth backing again today and he's said it's worth a small win bet. Not a strong selection just passing the info on, has 6lb penalty but jockey takes 5lbs of so could well get a quick double here.
Runs again tonight 8.25 epsom been told to back it again. 10pts win @ 3/1 :ok

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Sorry for the lack of write up of late oh and winners! A few for today. 2.00 Linfield - High Style 5pts win 7/1 sportingodds 3.10 Linfield - Samuel Charles 2pts e/w 10/1 sportingodds 4.50 Lnfield - Green Manalisha 5pts win - 7/2 sportingodds 12pts staked Bets 53 Wins 14 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +38pts P/L using advised staking plan = +37pt

Re: Jons Selections 2006. High Style one to watch out for next time lost 6 lenghts at the start made up a lot of ground to finish 2nd. Samuel Charles no where. Green Manaligha won @ 7/2 :) Bets 56 Wins 15 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +53pts P/L using advised staking plan = +45pt

SportHorse Racing
Event4.10 Ayr
SelectionMasta Plasta
Strength3/10
Date17/07/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 13.00 (Back)
Reasoning4.10 looks to be the stronger race on the card at ayr and I'm siding with Masta Plasta this horse has been running in listed races previously ok has top weight today but drop in class and back to 5f where he looks to be best at having beating strike up ze band a year ago as a 2year old. Just think Masta Plasta if showing the form from last year could go well as a price, 5th in his first start this year again that was a group 3 though, so he should def have the class to show something today.

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Just checked the prices again and for some reason Masta Plasta is now 25/1 with betfair now from 12/1 I backed this morning. Have backed it again @ 25/1 and also an amazing 7/1 for the place now!! 10pts Masta Plasta to place @ 8.00

Re: Jons Selections 2006. Not on the best of form of late. Got two for today Sendali 2.20 redcar - 1pt e/w Platinum Charmer 4.50 redcar - 2pts win Bets 59 Wins 15 P/L to a 10pts level stake = +39pts P/L using advised staking plan = +28pt